Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Nick, This should clear it up for you.

21 The incident of the Canaanitish woman is of surpassing interest to us, for it shows clearly what was the status of the nations in our Lord's ministry. Her very mistakes are instructive. The nations have no part in the Son of David. He is Israel's King. No matter how much she may implore the Son of David, He answers her not a word. Let no one suppose that His heart was not touched or that He did not wish to be gracious. She has come to the wrong door. Yet He will not dismiss her. Finally, He tells why He cannot help. The Son of David, the character she approached, has no commission outside the nation of Israel. An oriental king is considered the father of his people. They are his children. The Canaanitish woman had no claim on His bounty. This is the key to Christ's earthly mission. He was a Servant of the Circumcision, not of the Uncircumcision (Ro.15:8). During His ministry the nations did not even have the place they received in the Pentecostal era. When, after much preparation, the apostles were taught that proselytes, such as Cornelius, could share a little of Israel's spiritual blessings (Ac.10). Later, at Pisidian Antioch, the door was opened by Paul, to some who were not proselytes (Ac.13:46-47). But it was not until the end of the Acts era that the salvation of God is sent directly to the nations (Ac.28:28). The latter half of the second chapter of Ephesians (2:11-22) is an elaborate statement showing that, in the present administration of God's grace, the nations are no longer in the inferior position accorded them in Paul's earlier ministry.
    Christ is Lord of all (Ac.10:36). Under this title even the Canaanitish woman was within His jurisdiction. She worships and calls for help. Yet even thus, she is by no means on an equal footing with the favored nation. Only the scraps are for her. If she will take the place of a cur, she can have a little of the leavings. This is the place we gentiles have in the ministry of Christ. Our position was improved in the succeeding Pentecostal era. But it was not until Paul's imprisonment that we were brought nigh and enter the family of God (Eph.2:18-19). Until then we were still guests at Israel's table, if not puppies under it.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    No your doctrinal justifications mislead.
    Paul brought men to the cross so they could partake with Israel.
    Historical knowledge of Christ saves no man any more than knowldege of Napoleon or Columbus.
    Gentiles are outside of the inheritance except they become united with Christ.
    All are not in Christ.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick, A little bit more of scripture for you….
    “Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises. Yet the nations are to glorify God for His mercy . . . with His people” (Rom.15:8-10).

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Did you forget the words of Paul are not written to the unsaved but the saved?
    You should correctly cut the word of truth and not falsely apply them to all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 16 2008,07:24)
    Hi Nick,  A little bit more of scripture for you….
        “Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises. Yet the nations are to glorify God for His mercy . . . with His people” (Rom.15:8-10).

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    Every knee shall bow to the Lord's anointed Christ.
    But scripture does not state that all will not be saved.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick, … and “God will be All in all.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Does that ALL include ALL who have ever lived
    or the remnant wheat still standing on earth after the tares are taken?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Do we have to go all over this again? I think you keep repeating the same old story over and over again. This has already been answered, I think you just go over the same routine when you're stumped for an answer. Get back to the debate, Matt.15:24. Or have you run out of ideas as how to say that Jesus “was NOT for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I agree that the foundation stone of the church first looked for support among the chosen people.
    Then we see the work of his Spirit in the book of Acts expounding the gospel among all men.
    Some responded even in Athens but most did not know the moment of their opportunity.

As Paul told them all men everywhere are now call to repent.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Is this an answer to your rejection of Jesus' words in Matt.15:24? Doesn't make much sense if it is!

Blessings.

lineon
    Participant

Hi CO

Here is a 'act of choice' that humans have to make.

Jos 24:15 Isa56:4 Joh 15:4-10 Joh 6:1 Joh6:6 Joh 6:29 Joh 6:35-37 Joh 6:47 Joh 6:49-51 etc etc etc etc

Lineon

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 16 2008,16:37)
    Hi Nick.
        Do we have to go all over this again?  I think you keep repeating the same old story over and over again.  This has already been answered, I think you just go over the same routine when you're stumped for an answer.  Get back to the debate, Matt.15:24.  Or have you run out of ideas as how to say that Jesus  “was NOT for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”?

Blessings.

Wonderful Jerry, you have rightly caught the cat to bell it. But my doubt is whether will it allow you to do it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The first to be offered the message were the Jews but the words are everlasting truth.
    Some were just for the Jews but most were an invitation to all men everywhere.
    Repentance and rebirth of Jew and gentile united in the Spirit in Christ

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Different messages. Jesus' taught entrance into the “Kingdom” to the Jews, by “works”, this was an earthly Kingdom. Which will still happen when He (God) makes the “New Covenant” with them at His return (Hebrews 8:10-12). Our destination is a “celestial” one: 8 To me, less than the least of all saints, was granted this grace: to bring the evangel of the untraceable riches of Christ to the nations,
    9 and to enlighten all as to what is the administration of the secret, which has been concealed from the eons in God, Who creates all,
    10 that now may be made known to the sovereignties and the authorities among the celestials, through the ecclesia, the multifarious wisdom of God,
    11 in accord with the purpose of the eons, which He makes in Christ Jesus, our Lord;
    12 in Whom we have boldness and access with confidence, through His faith. —
    13 Wherefore I am requesting you not to be despondent at those of my afflictions for your sake which are your glory.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    All done?
    MAGIC??

I do not think we should rely on magic.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    You're right, we should not rely on magic, that's why I reply with scripture, “The word of God, “correctly cut” (2Tim.2:15)

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You seem to cut out more than you leave from the precious words.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick, I'd be pleased if you would show me which ones?

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Frankly I do not believe you should be trusted to cut the words for us. Thanks anyway.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 18 2008,16:48)
    Nick, I'd be pleased if you would show me which ones?

Blessings

Still no answer? Perhaps you should not be making things up, and be truthfull instead of false accusations?

Blessings.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account