Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Scripture speaks of keys, not just one key of the kingdom.
    Matthew 16:19
    And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

One key is knowledge.

Luke 11:52
    Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Surely Abraham, as the father of faith, had the key of faith.

Apart from the keys of death and Hades the other key, as charity showed us, is that of David.

Isaiah 22:22
    And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Revelation 3:7
    And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

I say that the key of David is the Spirit
    Ps 51
    ” 10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

What do others think?

Participant

Hi Nick:

You bring up some good points.  Keys either open or lock something, and so the Lord is giving the Apostle Peter the authority of the church on earth while he, Jesus is the authority of the church in heaven.  And so, he tells the Apostle Peter whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  The Apostle Peter became the Apostle to the Nation of Israel after Jesus ascension.  The keys are simply the anointed Word of God upon which Jesus stated he would build his church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

But also, it was the Apostle Peter who preached the gospel message to Cornelius, who was a gentile, and those with him, showing him that the key that opened the entrance to the kingdom was not limited to the Nation of Israel but extended to all nations. (Acts 10:34-35, 42-43)

The authority in the church also has the authority to lock some one out of the kingdom if they are unwilling to repent when they have sinned.  (Matthew 18:15-20)

God Bless

david
    Participant

What do others think?

As for the key of knowledge you mentioned, Jesus told the Jewish religious leaders who knew the Mosaic Law:
    “Alas for you lawyers who have taken away the key of knowledge! You have not gone in yourselves, and have prevented others going in who wanted to.” (Luke 11:52, JB)
    ‘Prevented others from going in’ where? Jesus tells us at Matthew 23:13: “Alas for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You who shut up the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces, neither going in yourselves nor allowing others to go in who want to.” (JB)
    The Jewish clergy closed the door on many, as it were, by robbing them of the opportunity to be with Jesus Christ in heaven. The “key” those religious leaders had “taken away” had nothing to do with the forgiveness of sins. It was the key to divinely provided knowledge.

Similarly, “the keys of the kingdom” given to Peter do not represent power to inform heaven as to whose sins should be forgiven or retained. Rather, they represent Peter’s great privilege of opening up the way to heaven by disseminating divinely provided knowledge through his ministry. He did this first for Jews and Jewish proselytes, then for Samaritans, and finally for the Gentiles.—Acts 2:1-41; 8:14-17; 10:1-48.

Matt. 16:19, JB: “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: whatever you bind on earth shall be considered bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be considered loosed in heaven.”

In Revelation, Jesus referred to a symbolic key used by himself to open up privileges and opportunities to humans
    Rev. 3:7, 8, JB: “Here is the message of the holy and faithful one who has the key of David, so that when he opens, nobody can close, and when he closes, nobody can open: . . . I have opened in front of you a door that nobody will be able to close.”

Peter used “keys” entrusted to him to open up (to Jews, Samaritans, Gentiles) the opportunity to receive God’s spirit with a view to their entering the heavenly Kingdom
    Acts 2:14-39, JB: “Peter stood up with the Eleven and addressed them in a loud voice: ‘Men of Judaea, and all you who live in Jerusalem . . . God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.’ Hearing this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the apostles, ‘What must we do, brothers?’ ‘You must repent,’ Peter answered ‘and every one of you must be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise that was made is for you and your children, and for all those who are far away, for all those whom the Lord our God will call to himself.’”

Acts 8:14-17, JB: “When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, and they went down there, and prayed for the Samaritans to receive the Holy Spirit, for as yet he had not come down on any of them: they had only been baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.”

Acts 10:24-48, JB: “They reached Caesarea the following day, and Cornelius [an uncircumcised Gentile] was waiting for them. . . . Peter addressed them . . . While Peter was still speaking the Holy Spirit came down on all the listeners.”

Did heaven wait on Peter to make decisions and then follow his lead?
    Acts 2:4, 14, JB: “They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak foreign languages as the Spirit gave them the gift of speech. . . . Then [after Christ, the head of the congregation, had stirred them up by means of the holy spirit] Peter stood up with the Eleven and addressed them.” (See verse 33.)

Acts 10:19, 20, JB: “The Spirit had to tell him [Peter], ‘Some men have come to see you. Hurry down, and do not hesitate about going back with them [to the home of the Gentile Cornelius]; it was I who told them to come.’”
    Compare Matthew 18:18, 19.

Is Peter the judge as to who is worthy to enter the Kingdom?
    2 Tim. 4:1, JB: “Christ Jesus . . . is to be judge of the living and the dead.”

2 Tim. 4:8, JB: “All there is to come now is the crown of righteousness reserved for me, which the Lord [Jesus Christ], the righteous judge, will give to me on that Day; and not only to me but to all those who have longed for his Appearing.”

david
    Participant

Jesus has “the key of David.”
    Using it, he “opens so that no one will shut, and shuts so that no one opens.”

What is this “key of David”?

It was with King David of Israel that Jehovah made a covenant for an everlasting kingdom. (Psalm 89:1-4, 34-37) David’s house ruled from Jehovah’s throne in Jerusalem from 1070 to 607 B.C.E., but then God’s judgment was executed upon that kingdom because it turned to wickedness. Thus Jehovah began to fulfill his prophecy at Ezekiel 21:27: “A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I shall make it [earthly Jerusalem]. As for this also, it [the scepter of kingship in David’s line] will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.”

When and how would this one with “the legal right” appear? How would the scepter of David’s kingdom be given to him?

About 600 years later, a descendant of King David, the Jewish maiden Mary, became pregnant by holy spirit. God sent the angel Gabriel to inform Mary that she would have a son, to be named Jesus. Gabriel added: “This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.”—Luke 1:31-33.

When, in 29 C.E., Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River and anointed with holy spirit, he became King-Designate in the line of David. He showed exemplary zeal in preaching the good news of the Kingdom and commissioned his disciples likewise to preach. (Matthew 4:23; 10:7, 11) Jesus humbled himself, even to death on a torture stake, thus proving himself fully qualified to inherit the Davidic kingship. Jehovah resurrected Jesus as an immortal spirit and exalted him to His own right hand in the heavens. There he inherited all the rights of the Davidic kingdom. In due time Jesus would exercise his right to “go subduing in the midst of [his] enemies.”—Psalm 110:1, 2; Philippians 2:8, 9; Hebrews 10:13, 14.

In the meantime Jesus would have use of the key of David, opening up opportunities and privileges related to the Kingdom of God. Through Jesus, Jehovah would now deliver anointed Christians on earth “from the authority of the darkness,” transferring them “into the kingdom of the Son of his love.” (Colossians 1:13, 14) The key would also be used to bar such privileges to any who proved unfaithful. (2 Timothy 2:12, 13) Since this permanent heir of David’s kingdom has Jehovah’s backing, no creature can prevent him from fulfilling such duties.—Compare Matthew 28:18-20.

Coming from such an authoritative source, Jesus’ words to the Christians in Philadelphia must be especially comforting! He commends them, saying: “I know your deeds—look! I have set before you an opened door, which no one can shut—that you have a little power, and you kept my word and did not prove false to my name.” (Revelation 3:8) The congregation has been active, and a door has opened before it—doubtless a door of opportunity for ministerial service. (Compare 1 Corinthians 16:9; 2 Corinthians 2:12.) Therefore, Jesus encourages the congregation to take full advantage of the opportunity to preach. They have endured and shown that they have enough power, with help from God’s spirit, to continue doing further “deeds” in Jehovah’s service. (2 Corinthians 12:10; Zechariah 4:6) They have obeyed Jesus’ commands and have not denied Christ, either by word or by action.

david
    Participant

As to the “keys of the kingdom of the heavens,” its meaning becomes obvious when considering the reprimand Jesus issued to the religious leaders:

“You took away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not go in, and those going in you hindered!” (Luke 11:52)

Matthew 23:13 further explains “go in” as indicating entrance into “the kingdom of the heavens.”

The keys Jesus promised to Peter constituted a unique educational role that would open up special opportunities for individuals to enter into the heavenly Kingdom. Peter used this privilege on three occasions, helping Jews, Samaritans, and Gentiles.—Acts 2:1-41; 8:14-17; 10:1-48; 15:7-9.

The object of the promise was, not Peter’s dictating to heaven what should or should not be bound or be loosed, but Peter’s being used as heaven’s instrument for the three specific assignments. That is the case because Jesus remained as true Head of the congregation.—Compare 1 Corinthians 11:3; Ephesians 4:15, 16; 5:23; Colossians 2:8-10; Hebrews 8:6-13.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    So the pharisees could have entered the kingdom of the one who entered the city as king on a donkey, while Jesus was still on earth?
    Where does it say men go to heaven with Jesus?

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 09 2007,16:27)
    Hi david,
    So the pharisees could have entered the kingdom of the one who entered the city as king on a donkey, while Jesus was still on earth?
    Where does it say men go to heaven with Jesus?

A Actually Nick

Jesus rode on a colt the foal of an ass into Jeruslem for the daughters of zion;

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he [is] just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Mat 21:5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    If Jesus had the keys and he gave keys also to Peter and the apostles then if they did not recieve authority with them then neither did Christ have it,
    They were Christ on earth, his body empowered by the Spirit of God in the will of God and they worked in that authority .

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 09 2007,17:29)
    Hi david,
    If Jesus had the keys and he gave keys also to Peter and the apostles then if they did not recieve authority with them then neither did Christ have it,
    They were Christ on earth, his body empowered by the Spirit of God in the will of God and they worked in that authority .

Nick I know it is offensive to you but Jesus has not given us rest we need to seek further?
    Hbr 4:8  For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
    Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    where Jesus is leading us to David his father first; and he who has both the father and Son then Have God.
    2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath *both the *Father and the Son*.
    Isa 22:22  And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
    Isa 22:23  And I will fasten him [as] a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a *glorious throne to his father's house.
    Isa 22:24  And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.

David whom God has established even as the master of the house locked; unlocked it shall be built up to all generations palms;89;Covernant of David
    and Christ the bearer of the key; quickens whoever; and the worthy shall enter by the key of knowledge Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
    The nations angry about the reward unto the fathers and saints; and refuse to acknowledge them; so in doing they destroy the earth
    Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Joshua is not Jesus although the names mean the same.
    Joshua could not give eternal life.
    Jesus does.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2007,08:52)
    Hi charity,
    Joshua is not Jesus although the names mean the same.
    Joshua could not give eternal life.
    Jesus does.

Thank you Nick

Can I stretch the Mind a little closer to DAVIDS COVNANT?
    Whereby the seed was scattered in Christ some falling on good ground some on bad ground. parable
    This seed is not the seed of mind kind but the seed that remains in us; the way we are to find ourselves born again of God
    As the seed of David was transported and his father was in him as his roots and offspring  a vessel

Be Born again of a good seed and not a bad; all have a seed to everlasting life or shall perish
    Of whom which another seed was promised be fore time  Joshua; Now how shall the elected remnant appear to his side.

Ecc 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.
    God bless

Drawing deeper into the well of water

charity
    Participant

Zec 3:8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they [are] men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

And to peter the keys of the kingdom are given; that the church of the good seed may prevail

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

For what God has done Christ fufilled; as the testamony of Jesus is the spirit of prophey the knowledge of salvation a key to prolong your life.
    Zec 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone [shall be] seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Esoteric knowledge speaks of gnosticism.
    Knowledge saves nobody.
    Just less excuses

charity
    Participant

Tts 3:5
    Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the *washing of regeneration*, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
    Tts 3:9
    ¶But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Tts 3:10
    A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; CALLED FROM THE GRAVE UNTO SHAME Faith is subtance of things not seen.

Tts 3:11
    Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
    Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    Jhn 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    1Jo 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

He that is born of a good seed cannot sin for his seed remained in him as Christ’s seed was acknowledged in him from the father

how shall you go forth and rise the dead then Nick?
    Do we go forth to rise flesh and body or or a preserved soul by the covenant of David using the key to enter the kingdom and unit to the throne given us for ever ever
    Isa 9:7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    By hearing the voice of the Son of God
    calling his body to be rejoined as one on earth with the head.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 09 2007,17:29)
    Hi david,

Hi Nick and David:

I say yes to Nick, that is exactly correct.

And I would add the following scriptures:  “For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.  But we will not boast of things without measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you”.  (2 Co. 10:12-13) “For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth”.  (2 Co. 10:18)

Some have a tendency to exalt themselves into a position of authority in the church, but the question is did God ordain them for this position?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Most who preen themselves in their glorious garments
    have yet to go through the gate of Christ
    so how can they be shepherds?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Why quote all that old testament scripture when it does not apply to us in this present eon?
    For more than 6,000 years Gods chosen people where trying to “earn” thier salvation by “works”, by obeying the “Law”. This was done by God to show it cannot be done! “The flesh cannot please God”. But we cannot learn, we still think we can somehow “Qualify”, (earn) our salvation with human endeavor.
    We are all justified by the death and rousing of our saviour “Christ Jesus”. God sees our sin no more, we are conciliated to God. We are saved by “Grace”, grace is unmerited, unearned, undeserved, and not refuseable, it is given by the love of God through Christ Jesus. But no, we keep on trying qualify for salvation.
    Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So those who are totally unaware of the Son and his mission fully benefit as well?
    Then why do we have a gospel at all?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,08:57)
    Hi CO,
    So those who are totally unaware of the Son and his mission fully benefit as well?
    Then why do we have a gospel at all?

Hi Nick.
    All scripture is for our benefit, but not all is about us. It is for our understanding of what God is doing. You see, “All is of God, all is by Him, thru Him, and for Him”. Yet many fail to understand this, yet it is clearly written. Many go on trying to 'earn' salvation, when the scripture says “His achievement are we”. (His meaning God) Eph.2:10. Do you really think you can achieve salvation by your own efforts? If you can then Jesus died for nothing!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account