Kenrch cannot post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 142 total)
  • Author

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ
    as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and an antichrist.

Verse 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things that we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.

Verse 9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who does abide in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

Verse 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him.

Verse 11 For He who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

I wonder if this does not go for Atheist too or only Antichrist, for that matter Stu is that too, because He does not believe in Him.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    1Cor 5
    9I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1Peter 2
    9. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

11Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

13Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

So we are in the world and are the light of that world so we must mix with unbelievers to be effective.
    The warning was against mixing with those who were of Christ but have become deceived and deceivers in turn.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,05:57)
    Hi Stu,
    You say
    ” I think you follow Christ/Paul, but not Jesus, from what I can make out of the supposed message of Jesus.”
    Christ is not divided from Paul but they are one in the Spirit of God.

You need to understand that Paul was either preaching the kingdom or teaching the new christians about the kingdom. He was under the new Law of the kingdom and showed how it overshadowed the Old Law.  

However Jesus was born under the Old Law and fulfilled it perfectly but he came to initiate the kingdom and reveal the heart and the power of God in healing and setting captives free and he also did other things such as teaching the Jews about the Old Law.

Is that what Paul told you?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 08 2008,12:27)
    2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ

It is completely reasonable to say that there are many who will deceive people into their untruthful christian worldwiew. Even you would say that for forms of christian belief you do not agree with, yet you condemn others who question you.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 08 2008,16:05)

Hi Stu,
    You say
    ” I think you follow Christ/Paul, but not Jesus, from what I can make out of the supposed message of Jesus.”

You need to understand that Paul was either preaching the kingdom or teaching the new christians about the kingdom. He was under the new Law of the kingdom and showed how it overshadowed the Old Law.  

However Jesus was born under the Old Law and fulfilled it perfectly but he came to initiate the kingdom and reveal the heart and the power of God in healing and setting captives free and he also did other things such as teaching the Jews about the Old Law.

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Why not read the book
    with an open mind?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 08 2008,16:08)

It is completely reasonable to say that there are many who will deceive people into their untruthful christian worldwiew.  Even you would say that for forms of christian belief you do not agree with, yet you condemn others who question you.

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Deception rules the world.
    Who have I condemned who questioned me?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,16:22)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 08 2008,16:08)

It is completely reasonable to say that there are many who will deceive people into their untruthful christian worldwiew.  Even you would say that for forms of christian belief you do not agree with, yet you condemn others who question you.

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Deception rules the world.
    Who have I condemned who questioned me?

This was a response to seek and you will find. I should have put her name at the top.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,16:20)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 08 2008,16:05)

Hi Stu,
    You say

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Why not read the book
    with an open mind?

That's the problem Nick. If you read it though the eyes of an apologist some of it starts to seem plausible, but read with a genuinely open mind it starts to read like what it is, the holy book of an evolving religion, showing no special insight into reality and with very little worthwhile analysis of the human condition. To the uninitiated, the supernatural references must seem like psychotic fantasy writing. I am not new to it and they still read that way to me. The more I read of it the more horrifying it is that people delude themselves with it, and worse cause unhappiness to others with it. Perhaps you need to read it with a closed mind.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You must meet the Author.
    You would like Him.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,17:15)
    Hi Stu,
    You must meet the Author.
    You would like Him.

Like him? Not if what is written in the OT is true. Perhaps he would introduce me to Stalin and Pol Pot and a few other murderous despots like himself.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    The other option is to develop a healthy fear of Him.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,17:22)
    Hi Stu,
    The other option is to develop a healthy fear of Him.

By all means! If you want to live in fear don't let me stop your. From your point of view I just can't see how a supposed all-loving god could wish fear in his createes. Actually yes I could; he is a murderous coward, incompetent at basic management but not worthy of fear so much as insurrection and overthrow, as is the just reward for murderous dictators.

From my point of view, as the cliche goes, a life half lived in fear is a life half-lived.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Your anger at our God makes you dangerously intemperate at times.
    You may regret this a little later.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,18:00)
    Hi Stu,
    Your anger at our God makes you dangerously intemperate at times.
    You may regret this a little later.

I did say I was looking at it from your point of view. Neither of us are angry at your god, and I think you should be. I am just role-modelling ethical behaviour here! If this villain of the OT had been a comic book character, superman or spiderman would have ensured his imprisonment for heinous crimes by now. I think you should consider your ethical stance in advocating for such a monster.

The fact that he doesn't exist makes the argument academic, and only leaves the question of why you claim you believe there is any such monster.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Time awaits your presence.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,18:23)
    Hi Stu,
    Time awaits your presence.

What do you prophesise will happen to me?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You can make your own.
    Either way.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,18:45)
    Hi Stu,
    You can make your own.
    Either way.

Huh?

Stuart

david
    Participant

ISAIAH 45:9
    “Woe to the one that has contended with his Former, as an earthenware fragment with the other earthenware fragments of the ground! Should the clay say to its former: “What do you make?” And your achievement [say]: “He has no hands”?”

PSALM 10:4
    “The wicked one according to his superciliousness makes no search; All his ideas are: “There is no God.””

PSALM 53:1
    “The senseless one has said in his heart: “There is no Jehovah.” They have acted ruinously and have acted detestably in unrighteousness; There is no one doing good.”

ISAIAH 29:16
    “The perversity of YOU men! Should the potter himself be accounted just like the clay? For should the thing made say respecting its maker: “He did not make me”? And does the very thing formed actually say respecting its former: “He showed no understanding”?”

Stu
    Participant

Which all just goes to show what a psychotic and paranoid belief system it is. Why even bother to mention non-believers? The writers of the above must have been desparately afraid of the consequesnces to them of the freethinking of others.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account