Kenrch cannot post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Paul “got it right” by Marcion because Paul brought Jesus to the Gentiles, and in turn, brought monotheism to them as well. That is how Jesus has become savior: by introducing God to the world. Of course not all of the world, but I think you get my meaning.

keyonn By saying we are of monotheism belief what exactly does that mean? Jesus became our Savior by dying on the cross for us and was resurrected from the dead and sits on the right hand of God our Heavenly Father. The highest position next to the Father. That is all that we have to know, we are born again and HAVE THE Holy Spirit in us and we do understand things of God. Jesus and the Father live in us. Since I have been a born again Christian for 22 years now I recognize anything that is not of God. When I sin ( I am Human and I still do) the Holy Spirit instantly will tell me. Before I was born again that did not happen. I was 46 years old when I was born again. So before then I lived in the world. Now I try to come out of Her. Still will till the end of my days. I know the difference from the spirit of the world to God's Spirit. All Christians should know that. That is what God has done to those who Love Him.

Peace and Love Mrs.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 24 2008,15:01)
    Thanks, Stu.

But I don't think I need to “kill” Ken yet!  Ha!  Actually, we have reconciled and things are dandy now.  Mutual respect is a good thing! :)

Well now that you two are reconciled I see no reason to keep Kenrch at an unable to post state. I vote and ask that t8 give Kenrch his editing rights back one last time.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 26 2008,11:37)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 24 2008,15:01)
    Thanks, Stu.

But I don't think I need to “kill” Ken yet!  Ha!  Actually, we have reconciled and things are dandy now.  Mutual respect is a good thing! :)

Well now that you two are reconciled I see no reason to keep Kenrch at an unable to post state. I vote and ask that t8 give Kenrch his editing rights back one last time.

Chap,

It wasn't because of me that Ken lost his posting rights.

acertainchap
    Participant

Don't you think he should be given another chance at posting? After all, God gives all of us a chance, which he displayed by giving his Son that we may not die in our sins.

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 27 2008,01:06)
    Don't you think he should be given another chance at posting? After all, God gives all of us a chance, which he displayed by giving his Son that we may not die in our sins.

Hi Chap! It has really pleasantly surprised me, at the wisdom that you have displayed here. I do agree with you, Ken should get another chance on posting. Mandy has nothing to do with it, but has forgiven Him. So should this website not do the same? t8 if you are reading this, maybe we all could vote on it, if you set it up.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 25 2008,08:54)
    keyonn By saying we are of monotheism belief what exactly does that mean? Jesus became our Savior by dying on the cross for us and was resurrected from the dead and sits on the right hand of God our Heavenly Father. The highest position next to the Father. That is all that we have to know, we are born again and HAVE THE Holy Spirit in us and we do understand things of God. Jesus and the Father live in us. Since I have been a born again Christian for 22 years now I recognize anything that is not of God. When I sin ( I am Human and I still do) the Holy Spirit instantly will tell me. Before I was born again that did not happen. I was 46 years old when I was born again. So before then I lived in the world. Now I try to come out of Her. Still will till the end of my days. I know the difference from the spirit of the world to God's Spirit. All Christians should know that. That is what God has done to those who Love Him.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Monotheism is the belief in one God. The Romans and others in the area were polytheistic and worshiped many gods.

acertainchap
    Participant

kejonn, what say ye about kenrch being able to post again?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 26 2008,01:17)
    Yes, it is not necessary to match Jesus up to the coming son of David that the Jews expected. That is why he was not — and is still not — accepted by most of them. Jewish Christianity died with James and his fellows. Roman Christianity is what we have today.

Just a general statement Kejonn, but it is not necessary that God match up anything with what the Jews expected.

God has a plan and he didn't reveal it all at once to men.

It is up to men to find out what God is doing and it is not about God meeting anyones expectations.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 26 2008,16:08)

Yes, it is not necessary to match Jesus up to the coming son of David that the Jews expected. That is why he was not — and is still not — accepted by most of them. Jewish Christianity died with James and his fellows. Roman Christianity is what we have today.

Just a general statement Kejonn, but it is not necessary that God match up anything with what the Jews expected.

It is up to men to find out what God is doing and it is not about God meeting anyones expectations.

So you support the idea that God mislead the Jewish people for 4000 years?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 26 2008,14:34)
    kejonn, what say ye about kenrch being able to post again?

I don't have any say-so here. If t8 lets him post again, I have no issues.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 27 2008,09:12)

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 26 2008,16:08)

Not at all.

He doesn't mislead. He gives pointers to his plan, but he often doesn't reveal everything in full for all to see (including the Kingdom of Darkness).

Men do not always interpret that correctly or join the dots up in the right way.

So we shouldn't think that we have an absolute clear picture now or in the days of the first Jewish nation. Rather we should search, discuss, and learn about God's plan, which is what we are doing.

One day the mystery will be completely revealed though.

Proverbs 25:2
    It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

kejonn
    Participant

No one here has made a very good case using the OT to support Jesus being the coming son of David that was spoken of. That to me does not mean he is not our savior, but it does mean he was perhaps not meant to be the Jewish coming king.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Perhaps. But it certainly doesn't mean that he will not be the Jewish coming King.
    This too could have been concealed for good reason.

1 Corinthians 2:8
    None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

So if they didn't understand it, then was all this suppose to be common knowledge? Perhaps not?

Zechariah 9:9
    Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Sounds like Jesus to me. Gentle and having salvation. Not this King with an rod of iron.

John 12:15
    “Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt.”

John 19:19
    Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read:|sc JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

John 19:21
    The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, “Do not write 'The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews.”

Kejonn, the Jews are not the standard that we are to attain. The Pharisees protested at Jesus being the King of the Jews, but the Kingdom of God was not given to those who had certain intellectual knowledge, rather to the humble.

BTW, is there a more appropriate discussion where we can continue this dialog?

===============
    Added in later:
    I posted this in the “The Real King Messiah” discussion in “General Questions”.

t8
    Colossians 2:26 tells us that the mysteries of God have been revealed to His Saints.
    verse 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
    verse 28 Him we preach warning every man amd teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.
    verse 29 To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Proclaimer
    Participant

That is true. But he doesn't reveal everything at once.

E.g., we will know the time/season of the coming, but not the day or hour.

Is 1:18
    Participant

…or have they mislead themselves?…..

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 26 2008,17:10)

…or have they mislead themselves?…..

Read the OT. Are you saying the OT is a farce then?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Perhaps if they had interpreted the OT properly they would have recognised their Messiah.

“But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.” (Matthew 22:29)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Not all were ignorant.
    God always has a remnant who grasp His way.
    Those who found the secret to understanding, the Spirit of God, recognised the saviour.

Lk2
    25And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

28Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

33And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.

34And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

35(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

36And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

37And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

38And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account