Kenosis

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    The only begotten Son of God, who was sent from heaven, had no mother so why should we? There is no sign of female aspects of any heavenly creatures.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

My point exactly Nick

Woutlaw
    Participant

I respect your views,

I just think that saying that God had help in the creation is a major road block to our fellow Jews. I will certainly look at those passages given and look at the Greek.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi wotlaw,
    Christ was the secret hidden from men. He was a stumbling block to the Jews and a severe test to their faith. Gentiles without the OT as basis, found the gospel far easier to grasp.
    There is little about Jesus and his life with God in the OT. Only the NT has fully explained him as Hebrews 1-2 especially shows. But God demands that men everywhere repent and accept faith in God through him, and that all his authority and role as the foundation stone of a relationship with Him be accepted by all peoples.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    I thought this subject you have raised might to with some development.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This subject needs more understanding.
    Kenosis is not a biblical word but it describes the process of self emptying spoken of in Phil 2.5f.
    What I cannot understand about those who espouse the trinity doctrine is just what this means to them.

They claim Jesus on earth was God. What about kenosis?
    They claim he worked in his own power. What about kenosis?

If Jesus retained all his divine nature and powers when he partook of flesh then just what did he empty himself of???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    They say that Jesus was never a true son of God before or after birth and the name is but it was just an honorary title. So they believe part of God, a person in God came in flesh.
    Does kenosis not alter the balance of some things?
    If the Word of God emptied himself of Godliness, how can God empty Himself of Godliness and remain God??
    What happened to the Godliness that God emptied Himself of??
    If the Word emptied himself did the so called trinity God remain intact or was it deficient in part??
    Was there still equality if the Son had lost some things in that emptying??
    If the Son of God worshipped and served the Father does that not also change the nature of such a trinity??
    Is the trinity concept flexible to accommodate all these changes yet remaining integral and intact??
    God does not change so how can there be such innate turmoil yet without change??

It just gets too complex to be true!!

Ps 131 1f
    ” O Lord, my heart is not proud,
    nor my eyes haughty,
    nor do I involve myself in great matters,
    or in things too difficult for me.
    Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
    like a weaned child rests against his mother,
    my soul is like a weaned child within me”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This subject is interesting. If you do an internet search you will find a wide range of opinion on the matter especially among those who espouse a trinity God.
    In fact it sits very uncomfortably alongside other catholic doctrines such as “the immutability of God” and “the incarnation”
    Because they teach that God came in flesh as Jesus then to accept also that Jesus “emptied himself” jars with the teachings that God does not change and suggests that God was partially disempowered even unto human death.
    They also teach that Jesus forgave and taught and healed according to his own abilities. So if he lost some of those abilities it all loses some of it's clarity and instead confusion reigns as we do not know which he had and which he gave up.
    So you will read that instead he put aside his powers, he disowned them for a time, and he only lost his personal glory and not his powers. You will see none say he lost anything including his powers as then the incarnation idea becomes weak.
    Of course we know he is the Christ, the anointed one of God, and thus his powers came from God within him, but these are foreign ideas to those of the antichrist spirit who do not accept it was in fact Jesus Christ who came in the flesh.
    They deny he is the Christ as well as denying he truly is the Son of God and thus are doubly denying the Master.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    For those who see Jesus as only a man this is a non event.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This seems to be epistemaniac's view of what kenosis means;

“”The kenosis.—It is this derivative nature of the Son's Divinity which helps us to realize that the limitations to which He submitted during His life on earth involved no breach of His Divine identity”

Does anybody except him and his source understand it?

It seems they say that the Son did not empty himself of anything, despite the scriptural evidence from Phil 2 to the contrary, and he simply allowed certain restrictions to be placed on his as to the expression of these things.

He has still to tell us whose power it was that he used-his own or the Spirit of God with which he was anointed by God in the Jordan.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    What does kenosis mean to you Is 1.18?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    If Jesus worked according to his own powers what does kenosis mean to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18
    What did Jesus empty himself of to came as man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Trinitarians seem to be averse to discussing this matter. Why is this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hello.
    Anyone home?
    I'm looking for a trinitarian to answer some questions here.
    Hello
    Hello
    Anyone home
    Hello……

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    What did Jesus give up when he became man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Trintarians shy away from this subject
    as they do also in discussing
    whether Jesus is the Son of God
    because if they admit the divine son shed anything
    they would struggle to be able to continue to say he was still God,
    and still working in his own powers and abilities instead of those of God within him.

For scripture not only says he became less than God, but less even than the angels! This does not go down well with trinity theory.
    Heb 2
    ” 7Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

8Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Could you spare the time for this thread?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hello Is 1.18

NickHassan
    Participant

this is topical

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account