Just another theory?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    rebellman
    Participant

Let me run something by you all and you can mull it over to your heart's content. I am not claiming this is the interpretation, it's just something that came to me one day while meditating on the subject.

First, from Daniel 12:6-12:

[12:6] And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? [7] And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. [8] And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? [9] And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. [10] Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. [11] And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. [12] Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

For my theory follows are the key phrases:
    1) “It shall be for a time, times and an half.”
    2) “And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.”

Next from Revelation 11:1-2 (KJV):

[11:1] And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. [2] But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”

For the theory follows is the keay phrase:
    “For it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”

[As an aside before I get started, I am assuming that the 42 months from Rev. are 30 day months. I find it odd that 30 day months should be used since the Jews used 28 day months and the days vary in our calendar. As far as I know, no one uses a 30 day month to reckon the passage of time, but if the Daniel days are broken into 28 day months we get 1290 / 28 = 46.07142857142857 (a repeating decimal no less) months which is just plain silly.]

I'll start by saying that according to various sources, Christ was born between 7 BC and 4 BC. I am choosing 7 BC for several reasons, but mostly because it fits my theory. Also, I'm accepting the date of the destruction of the second temple by the Romans as 70 AD.

During my ruminating upon what “a time, times and an half” might refer to, it occurred to me that “a time” could mean the time of Christ from birth to the destruction of the temple. I decided on the destruction of the temple date rather than the date of Christ's crucifixtion because both Daniel and Christ speak of “from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up” as being a significant indicator of the “times.” Also, I thought that “times and an half” was self-evident.

Therefore, the “time” would be 77 years. I had previously noticed the peculiarity of Rev. 11:2b, “For it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.” If these are in fact 30 day months, then we have 1,260 days, so by the above formula, 77 + (1260 * 1.5) = 1967. When I first saw this I got one of those cold chills up my spine because this passage says, “and the holy city (Jerusalem) shall they (Gentiles) tread under foot.” Now many Bible prophecy interpreters mark the reestablishment of Israel in 1945 as the significant date when calculating the end-times. However, it was not until the 6 Days War (June 5-10, 1967) that Israel reclaimed (for the most part) Jerusalem. This seemed like more than a coincidence, though I suppose it could be. Still, there was that cold chill.

So, since Daniel asked when would be the end of the age (world, Church age…?) he was told 1,290 days. So, I plugged that into the formula, (1290 * 1.5) + 77 = 2012. Again there was that cold chill, 2012 is a date that many peoples mark as the end of the age, world, etc. from the ancient Mayans to the Tibetan Budhists.

Again, this could simply be a convenient coincidence, but it does give one cause for pause, does it not?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (rebellman @ Oct. 23 2011,08:34)
    Let me run something by you all and you can mull it over to your heart's content. I am not claiming this is the interpretation, it's just something that came to me one day while meditating on the subject.

[12:6] And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? [7] And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. [8] And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? [9] And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. [10] Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. [11] And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. [12] Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

2) “And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.”

[11:1] And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. [2] But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”

“For it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”

[As an aside before I get started, I am assuming that the 42 months from Rev. are 30 day months. I find it odd that 30 day months should be used since the Jews used 28 day months and the days vary in our calendar. As far as I know, no one uses a 30 day month to reckon the passage of time, but if the Daniel days are broken into 28 day months we get 1290 / 28 = 46.07142857142857 (a repeating decimal no less) months which is just plain silly.]

I'll start by saying that according to various sources, Christ was born between 7 BC and 4 BC. I am choosing 7 BC for several reasons, but mostly because it fits my theory. Also, I'm accepting the date of the destruction of the second temple by the Romans as 70 AD.

During my ruminating upon what “a time, times and an half” might refer to, it occurred to me that “a time” could mean the time of Christ from birth to the destruction of the temple. I decided on the destruction of the temple date rather than the date of Christ's crucifixtion because both Daniel and Christ speak of “from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up” as being a significant indicator of the “times.” Also, I thought that “times and an half” was self-evident.

Therefore, the “time” would be 77 years. I had previously noticed the peculiarity of Rev. 11:2b, “For it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.” If these are in fact 30 day months, then we have 1,260 days, so by the above formula, 77 + (1260 * 1.5) = 1967. When I first saw this I got one of those cold chills up my spine because this passage says, “and the holy city (Jerusalem) shall they (Gentiles) tread under foot.” Now many Bible prophecy interpreters mark the reestablishment of Israel in 1945 as the significant date when calculating the end-times. However, it was not until the 6 Days War (June 5-10, 1967) that Israel reclaimed (for the most part) Jerusalem. This seemed like more than a coincidence, though I suppose it could be. Still, there was that cold chill.

So, since Daniel asked when would be the end of the age (world, Church age…?) he was told 1,290 days. So, I plugged that into the formula, (1290 * 1.5) + 77 = 2012. Again there was that cold chill, 2012 is a date that many peoples mark as the end of the age, world, etc. from the ancient Mayans to the Tibetan Budhists.

Again, this could simply be a convenient coincidence, but it does give one cause for pause, does it not?

Greetings Rebel ….. Find yourself a warm comfortable place and fear not for the time being…. For no man knows the hour or the day…. We are in the end times,however,there are several events that have to take place before the tribulation period is upon us….. Let me start with Time (one 360 day calander year) Times (2 360 day calander year) 1/2 Time( 180 days …..We are living in the time of the apostate church which is dominating global christianity and the falling away is iminent… The gentiles will occupy Jerusalem for a year and a half while Israel will be divided and surrounded by armies of the world …. This has not happened yet but it is iminent… The gentiles are not euros they are semites( arabs and persians)…..The daily is the preaching of the word and adherence to the law …. The abomination will be set up on the temple mount and a declaration on behalf of the false profit will mark the beginning of the tribulation which will end in the return of the christ…

theodorej
    Participant

In addition …. IMHO the myan calander has no reference to any catastrophic events…… it speaks of an end to a cycle in time ….. My belief is that the creator is not going to let some obscure tribe of baby killing,sun worshiping canabals call an end to his creation…. Only he knows the time of the end and it most certainly will not be 12/21/2012 …. the feast of the pagan festival of the equinox…

rebellman
    Participant

FYI: Neither my name nor moniker is Rebel as I am not rebelling against anything – rebellman is merely a moniker with little relavant meaning to anything here and rebell is an acronym of my name… r(ichard)e(edward)bell(my last name). So don't be flippant, it's disresectful.

Hi ya theodorej,

Don't really care what you theorize as to the end times, as I didn't put this out there for criticism, I just thought that it might be interesting to someone.

But since you felt compelled to correct me: The “tribulation period” is already upon us and has been since the destruction of the second temple (and I see absolutely no evidence whatsoever that there will ever be a third). Mt 24:15, Mt 24:21 (KJV) “When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)” and “For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” However, it is probable that Mt 24:27-30 is speaking of a later time and a tribulation period within the tribulation period. Mt 24:27-30 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

The Gentiles (Gentiles are anyone not a Jew and as far as the Jews are concerned, this includes Christians) had already occupied Jerusalem for nearly 2000 years until June 10, 1967 (don't you ever watch the news?!?)

As for the “falling away,” that happened in A.D. 325 when the Roman Catholic Church (the Great Whore) was established and the anti-Christ (the Pope) was set upon the throne of the Church.

And as for “the creator not [letting] some obscure tribe of baby killing, sun worshiping canabals call an end to his creation….” this is not at all what I was suggesting. I was merely pointing out, as has been the case many times, the heathen have known things that the People of God didn't (Balaam being only one example).

So, it becomes painfully clear that you are not getting your information from or through the Holy Spirit, and since not, you have no authority to judge me in any manner whatsoever. 1 Co 2:14-15 (KJV) “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.” Let those led by the Holy Spirit say, “Amen!”

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (rebellman @ Oct. 24 2011,09:01)
    FYI: Neither my name nor moniker is Rebel as I am not rebelling against anything – rebellman is merely a moniker with little relavant meaning to anything here and rebell is an acronym of my name… r(ichard)e(edward)bell(my last name). So don't be flippant, it's disresectful.

Hi ya theodorej,

Don't really care what you theorize as to the end times, as I didn't put this out there for criticism, I just thought that it might be interesting to someone.

But since you felt compelled to correct me: The “tribulation period” is already upon us and has been since the destruction of the second temple (and I see absolutely no evidence whatsoever that there will ever be a third). Mt 24:15, Mt 24:21 (KJV) “When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)” and “For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” However, it is probable that Mt 24:27-30 is speaking of a later time and a tribulation period within the tribulation period. Mt 24:27-30 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

The Gentiles (Gentiles are anyone not a Jew and as far as the Jews are concerned, this includes Christians) had already occupied Jerusalem for nearly 2000 years until June 10, 1967 (don't you ever watch the news?!?)

As for the “falling away,” that happened in A.D. 325 when the Roman Catholic Church (the Great Whore) was established and the anti-Christ (the Pope) was set upon the throne of the Church.

And as for “the creator not [letting] some obscure tribe of baby killing, sun worshiping canabals call an end to his creation….” this is not at all what I was suggesting. I was merely pointing out, as has been the case many times, the heathen have known things that the People of God didn't (Balaam being only one example).

So, it becomes painfully clear that you are not getting your information from or through the Holy Spirit, and since not, you have no authority to judge me in any manner whatsoever. 1 Co 2:14-15 (KJV) “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.” Let those led by the Holy Spirit say, “Amen!”

Greetings ….. I had no idea the level of sensitivity with respect to the moniker you choose …. Surely My intent was not to offend …. With respect to your theories, my post was not a challenge or a critiicism, it was merely an opinion and a statement of what I have come to accept …. Rest assured I do not expect you to accept any opinion of mine or theory for that matter…. The purpose for this forum is for dialogue not argument and when we have differing opinions it is the dialogue that brings forth the fruits of understanding and learning …..It is your hypersensitivity that makes you feel that my post was disrespectfull and flippent….. If you are so sensitive,perhaps you are not sure of what you believe or why you believe it….

rebellman
    Participant

I'm not at all sensitive about my moniker, that was simply a general FYI as many have questioned the moniker rebellman and have often made a big deal that rebell is spelled wrong or ask what I'm rebelling against, but I can't see any reason to begin your post with “Hello Rebel” when that's not the moniker.

Find yourself a warm comfortable place and fear not for the time being…. For no man knows the hour or the day…. We are in the end times,however,there are several events that have to take place before the tribulation period is upon us…..

The tone of your posts were at the least condesending. I was very clear that this was just a piece that might be interesting and it's no more outlandish than you opinion, in fact it actually hit one date on the head, while what you believe is vague at best and extremely inaccurate. The above quote is an odd way to sart a dialogue. I also notice that you didn't even mention the last paragraph.

It is true that I have zero tolerence for professing Christians who think they have it all neatly tied down and don't even come close to what the Bible says.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (rebellman @ Oct. 25 2011,07:24)
    I'm not at all sensitive about my moniker, that was simply a general FYI as many have questioned the moniker rebellman and have often made a big deal that rebell is spelled wrong or ask what I'm rebelling against, but I can't see any reason to begin your post with “Hello Rebel” when that's not the moniker.

Find yourself a warm comfortable place and fear not for the time being…. For no man knows the hour or the day…. We are in the end times,however,there are several events that have to take place before the tribulation period is upon us…..

The tone of your posts were at the least condesending. I was very clear that this was just a piece that might be interesting and it's no more outlandish than you opinion, in fact it actually hit one date on the head, while what you believe is vague at best and extremely inaccurate. The above quote is an odd way to sart a dialogue. I also notice that you didn't even mention the last paragraph.

It is true that I have zero tolerence for professing Christians who think they have it all neatly tied down and don't even come close to what the Bible says.

HEY !!! Iam not addressing your moniker.Iam speaking to your demeanor overall ….. and the longer this type of dialogue exists between us the more obvious it becomes to me that there is absolutely nothing to be learned from you…

princess
    Participant

It is true that I have zero tolerence for professing Christians who think they have it all neatly tied down and don't even come close to what the Bible says

And you do? So far I have not read from you what has already been discussed on the forum. I have went to write a couple of times to you and your holy spirit, I however let it go, your new and new ones always come on a bit strong it is natural, however it is not the spirit that is strong in you, its your ego.

Theo J is not what you say he his, that is rebuked to the fullest. This is an open and public forum, you must note that you want no response to your statements, because whatever the other has to say is not the truth anyhow, due to you only have it. Then it will be clearly understood by all that you only want to hear yourself preach and then matters of such that you are making up will not have a chance of happening again. Simple really.

terraricca
    Participant

theo

HEY(rebellman) !!! Iam not addressing your moniker.Iam speaking to your demeanor overall ….. and the longer this type of dialogue exists between us the more obvious it becomes to me that there is absolutely nothing to be learned from you…

this goes for me as well

rebellman
    Participant

HEY !!! Iam not addressing your moniker.Iam speaking to your demeanor overall ….. and the longer this type of dialogue exists between us the more obvious it becomes to me that there is absolutely nothing to be learned from you…

jt

Well, at least we have that in common!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi rebellman.

I am not up to play with the latest theories regarding this, but it must have felt weird when your result spat out 2012.

:)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (rebellman @ Oct. 23 2011,08:34)

Hi Robert,

What does [X 1.5] mean in your theory?
    I don't see an explanation for this 1.5
    or a reason to multiply by it?   …could you explain?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (rebellman @ Oct. 24 2011,09:01)

Hi Rebellman,

I didn't think an English major could mispell “Rebel”; thankz for the clarification. :)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

ftk
    Participant

For all who want the truth there are many scriptures from Jesus that must be accepted! I was there for years believing those same things about tribulations and wars religious doctrines of death and destruction. Yet as I continued to study and at the same time promised God that I will follow Jesus first and then any or all scriptures or doctrines must align with Jesus or be re-aligned until they do. Ya that's right there is much miss-translation in the Bible IMO.

Once I was committed to God by oath I was in no way going to refuse to see. There are several scriptures spoken by Jesus himself that say the Law and the Prophets(both)were until John(the Baptist) and since then the Kingdom of God(inside each person) is preached….Luke16:16….The Prophets and the Law prophesied until John(the Baptist)….Matt.11:13…..All things written in the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms(concerning Jesus) were fulfilled…..!

At that point all my end time teachings and many of my previous doctrinal beliefs had to be altered, changed, re-interpreted or whatever to fit what Jesus himself said. There was also….Mark1:15….the time is fulfilled, the Kingdom of God is here…..and Matt.3:2….change your thinking, the Kingdom of God is at hand(or in reach)…… The Kingdom of God has been here since Jesus came!!!

The very lords prayer was that the Kingdom had come and thy will was being done on earth as (at the same time as) it is done in Heaven!

Luke18:31….Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished(completed)…..

Speaking to his disciples Jesus said,….Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass away till all be fulfilled….Luke 21:31&32….!

Time is fulfilled, the Kingdom of God is here…Mark1:14&15…!

Luke 22:15-18….With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I say unto you I WILL NOT ANY MORE EAT THEREOF, UNTIL IT SHALL BE FULFILLED IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD…..and he took the cup and gave thanks, and said, I WILL NOT DRINK OF THE FRUIT OF THE VINE, UNTIL THE KINGDOM OF GOD SHALL COME….

then at Luke 24:42-44….(after resurrection)…they gave him a piece of broiled fish and of an honeycomb…and he took it and did eat before them…Acts 10:41… even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead…

I can go on to verify every doctrine I have because they are from Jesus not man. There is much I still don't know but I just keep going and every now and then a thought/doctrine will pop up in my mind to search out. There are no laws or rules or judgments with condemnations. Love is not a law but it is a great seed to sow for a wonderful life. Sin was removed by one sacrifice forever, thats the truth, the law was fulfilled by Jesus, the Kingdom is here now, inside. Where there is no law there is no transgression/sin. All I can do is point to the truth. Its up to man to find his own. IMO, TK

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (rebellman @ Oct. 25 2011,07:24)

The tone of your posts were at the least condesending.

As a fly on the wall opinion, this seems hypocritical. Sorry, don't mean to offend, but your tone and attitude seem less than humble and gracious. You also have said someone lacked education. We who have been out of school for a while and have jobs that do not require us to communicate with written skills may not seem educated to you, but it is how much we love that matters, and our views are no less important than yours. IMHO. Love, Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Luke14-v 11For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted :)

mikeangel
    Participant

As far as the thread at hand goes, Jesus stated that for the sake of the elect, the time would be shortened. All attempts to nail it down are in vain, IMO. :)

mikeangel
    Participant

Rebellman

According to you. Prove this.

mikeangel
    Participant

Part of Acceptance Statement by President Cleveland:

“We will not forget that liberty here made her home;
    nor shall her chosen altar be neglected.”

Some highlights of the Statue Inscription:

…a mighty woman with a torch
    and her name Mother of Exiles.
    “Keep ancient lands your storied pomp!”
    cries she with silent lips.
    “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Emma Lazarus (1849-1887)

The idol Ishtar (represented by the Statue of Liberty) was known, in ancient Babylon, as the goddess of personal freedom and the goddess of immigrants. The following was taken from, “America the Babylon” by Richard Coombs:

Ishtar was called the matron goddess of prostitution because she promoted sexual freedom. Indeed, she had invented the concept. Slaves considered her their goddess in the hopes of winning their freedom. Many women who gained freedom later turned to prostitution to survive and thereby retained Libertas as their goddess, especially if they became priestesses in the Libertas cult. Libertas was also a goddess of war in order to fight for freedom. She was also referred at times as the goddess of victory because freedom must have victory in order to survive. This goddess was also the goddess of immigrants. The whole idea of immigration connoted the idea of freedom. Her popularity was also unique because of her unique doctrine of hearing personal prayers. This unique doctrine was something that most of the pagan deity doctrines were not disposed towards.

We know that this goddess existed because of the records left behind to us. We have the ancient writings of Cicero who writes of this goddess and her Temple on the Aventine Way in Rome. She was depicted on some Roman coins as wearing a freedom cap and having a wreath along with a spear or sometimes a sword. Such coin images were not the only depictions. Sometimes she was well robed and at other times seductively unclothed in both sculptures and paintings. We know of Libertas being referred to as the Mother of Harlots by the famous Roman historian (and senator) Cicero's writings. Cicero indicates that she was also a very early goddess of the Greeks even before early Roman civilization developed.

This is IMO much more likely the whore of Babylon, but as it says in Revelation, a MYSTERY. I don't claim to know it, but this seems much more likely because of all the sexual pornography and materialism and freedom to do whatever that we have spread in the world. We are also more likely the modern day Babylon. Peace

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Rebellman.

Everywhere I look on Internet Forums etc, they all seem to think they have Revelation/Daniel figured out. But they all disagree. I guess the safest thing to do IMO is to trust in God and ask God, as thing's happen, and things will be revealed in Gods time.

I saw a conversation/video example about the great deception sweeping through the worlds churches. So if we don't go to church then we are at least safe from that but still,  deception is all around.

It's good to try and figure it out, maybe take time with another to piece it all together.

But in the end it's all about faith.

I can FEEL deception in the air. When people are being deceived they don't know it.

If nobody knows the time or the date except the Father, if someone guesses, it won't be that day. That's just my view.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account