Judgements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi.
    Heb 9
    ” 26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”

It is better to be among those who look to him and not be judged according to sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The saints are not judged in the sheep and goats judgement which is of condemnation except for the mercy shown to the merciful. The saints have already passed over from death to life. All men who do not accept the gospel of Jesus Christ are judged by that decision.

Jn 3
    ” 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.”

Jn 16
    ” 7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. “

It is done.

The sons of God are not judged by works but fruit. They are judged in the tribunal of Christ according to what the Spirit of God has produced through the investment God made in us.

Mt 25
    ” 14For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. “

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Participant

Hi All:

Hebrews 9:27 states: “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”.

I understand the “the once to die” here as a spiritual death or separation from God.

God's commandment to Adam was, “And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die”.  (Gen. 2:16-17)

When Adam sinned the judgment to him from God was: “Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.  (Gen. 3:17-19) (The sin or spiritual death came first and then the judgment from God)

“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for all have sinned:  (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.  Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come…)”.  (Rom. 5:12-14) (By this scripture, I understand that those who followed Adam in this time until Moses shared in the same judgment as he although they did not disobey a direct commandment from God)

The judgment from God against those who did not believe Noah was destruction by the flood waters. “And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the face of the earth.  And God said unto Noah, the end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth”. (Gen. 6:12-13)

Abraham believed God and it was accounted unto him for righteousness.  (Rom. 4:3, James 2:21-24)

Sodom and Gomorrah were judged suffering the vengeance of eternal fire, (Gen, 18, 19, Jude 7)

From this generation, we know that Enoch repented and walked with God 300 years (Gen. 5:22), and God translated him that he should not taste death. (Gen. 5:24, Heb. 11:5)  Noah and his sons and their wives were saved by the ark.  Perhaps, Abel will be resurrected, but I can't say this with certainty.

Pharaoh and his army were judged when in pursing the children of Israel they were drowned in the red sea. (Exodus 14:27-31)

Those under the law of Moses were judged by the law.  “For as many as have sinned without the law also shall perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified…”. (Rom. 2:12-13, Hebrews 10:28)  “Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:”. (Eph 2:11-12)

Nick: Your comment was “that all will be resurrected”.  My understanding is that those wicked dead before Jesus ministry have already been judged and will not be resurrected to incur further judgement based on the foregoing scriptures.

Of course all who are dead in Christ, that includes all from the foundation of the world, will be resurrected in what is commonly called the rapture and I believe this is also the first resurrection.

Christians are being judged now:  “If he be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evil doer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, whee shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?” (1 Peter 4:14:18)  Those who are part of the first resurrection are rendered not guilty but 2 Co. 5:10 states: “For we must all apear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in the body, according that he has done, whether good or bad”.  And so, we will be rewarded according to our works.

Under the New Testament era Jesus states: “And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hat one that judgeth him: the word I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day”.  (John 12:47-48)

“And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (the beast or Anti-Christ) whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world”. (Rev. 13:8)

Those who are alive when Jesus comes for the church and have worshiped the beast will be judged by the seven last plagues.  This is their second death eternal punishment.  (Rev. 16, 19:20-21)

Jesus has paid the judgment due to all men for the first death or spiritual separation, but those who have not accepted God's free gift of salvation from the consequence of sin through Jesus, will go through a second death or eternal separation from God.  And so, it is appointed unto man once to die, after this the judgment.  In the body of Christ the
    judgment is not guilty.

There will then be the second resurrection for those who have died in their sins from the time of Jesus ministry on earth until the first resurrection.  (Rev. 20:13-14)

My understanding those who are in the first resurrection will rule and reign with Christ for 1000 years where ever Christ will be, which I believe will be in the heavens, determining the judgment for those who will be resurrected to incur judgment
    in the second resurrection.  (Rev. 20:4)

I am not sure that I covered this thoroughly as I would like, but I need to go for tonight.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The two resurrections, 1000 years apart, are described here.
    Rev 20
    4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The flood and the fire and brimstone form heaven caused death, not eternal judgement.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 05 2007,01:46)
    Hi 94,
    The flood and the fire and brimstone form heaven caused death, not eternal judgement.

Hi NicK:

Jude 7 states: “Even as Sodom and Gommorrah, and the cities about them in a like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, ARE SET FORTH FOR AN EXAMPLE, SUFFERING THE VENGEANCE OF ETERNAL FIRE”.

God Bless

charity
    Participant

Is the “eternal” fire burning Now?

space of time?

SelahMal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Mar 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Luk 3:9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

fire also for refining if you enter with Faith in the Son Of God

Dan 3:22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
    Dan 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
    Dan 3:24 ¶ Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, [and] spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the “fourth is like the Son of God.”

charity

charity
    Participant

A Father raised up on high
    God setting judgment afore time according to the desire of the father David.

And Christ in full agency with his fathers desire sitting on his throne here after

Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
    Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
    Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

2Sa 23:1 ¶ Now these [be] the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man [who was] raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word [was] in my tongue.
    2Sa 23:3 The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men [must be] just, ruling in the fear of God.
    2Sa 23:4 And [he shall be] as the light of the morning, [when] the sun riseth, [even] a morning without clouds; [as] the tender grass [springing] out of the earth by clear shining after rain.
    2Sa 23:5 Although my house [be] not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all [things], and sure: for [this is] all my salvation, and all [my] desire, although he make [it] not to grow.
    2Sa 23:6 But [the sons] of Belial [shall be] all of them as thorns thrust away, because they cannot be taken with hands:
    2Sa 23:7 But the man [that] shall touch them must be fenced with iron and the staff of a spear; and they shall be utterly burned with fire in the [same] place.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MS,
    In another post you said
    “When standing before the judgement throne of God we will be judged by our deeds. The love we showed towards others. How we cared for the sick and needy and how we loved both the Son and the Father and abided in them by obeying them with our daily lives, yes the commandments as more narrowly illustrated by Christ.”

This is the mercy judgement after the second resurrection and is according to works done to those in Christ. Surely that is not your hope, but rather the first resurrection into the millenial kingdom?

NickHassan
    Participant

topical.

NickHassan
    Participant

For 94

Participant

Hi Nick:

Thanks for bringing this thread up for my review.  I still agree with what I have posted when we discussed this topic some time ago, and so, I have pasted it here and perhaps I can some additional comments.

Hi All:
    Hebrews 9:27 states: “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”.

I understand the “the once to die” here as a spiritual death or separation from God.

God's commandment to Adam was, “And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die”.  (Gen. 2:16-17)

When Adam sinned the judgment to him from God was: “Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.  (Gen. 3:17-19) (The sin or spiritual death came first and then the judgment from God)

“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for all have sinned:  (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.  Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come…)”.  (Rom. 5:12-14) (By this scripture, I understand that those who followed Adam in this time until Moses shared in the same judgment as he although they did not disobey a direct commandment from God)

The judgment from God against those who did not believe Noah was destruction by the flood waters. “And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the face of the earth.  And God said unto Noah, the end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth”. (Gen. 6:12-13)

Abraham believed God and it was accounted unto him for righteousness.  (Rom. 4:3, James 2:21-24)

Sodom and Gomorrah were judged suffering the vengeance of eternal fire, (Gen, 18, 19, Jude 7)

From this generation, we know that Enoch repented and walked with God 300 years (Gen. 5:22), and God translated him that he should not taste death. (Gen. 5:24, Heb. 11:5)  Noah and his sons and their wives were saved by the ark.  Perhaps, Abel will be resurrected, but I can't say this with certainty.

Pharaoh and his army were judged when in pursing the children of Israel they were drowned in the red sea. (Exodus 14:27-31)

Those under the law of Moses were judged by the law.  “For as many as have sinned without the law also shall perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified…”. (Rom. 2:12-13, Hebrews 10:28)  “Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:”. (Eph 2:11-12)

Nick: Your comment was “that all will be resurrected”.  My understanding is that those wicked dead before Jesus ministry have already been judged and will not be resurrected to incur further judgement based on the foregoing scriptures.

Of course all who are dead in Christ, that includes all from the foundation of the world, will be resurrected in what is commonly called the rapture and I believe this is also the first resurrection.

Christians are being judged now:  “If he be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evil doer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?” (1 Peter 4:14:18)  Those who are part of the first resurrection are rendered not guilty but 2 Co. 5:10 states: “For we must all apear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in the body, according that he has done, whether good or bad”.  And so, we will be rewarded according to our works.

Under the New Testament era Jesus states: “And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hat one that judgeth him: the word I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day”.  (John 12:47-48)

“And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (the beast or Anti-Christ) whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world”. (Rev. 13:8)

Those who are alive when Jesus comes for the church and have worshiped the beast will be judged by the seven last plagues.  This is their second death eternal punishment.  (Rev. 16, 19:20-21)

Jesus has paid the judgment due to all men for the first death or spiritual separation, but those who have not accepted God's free gift of salvation from the consequence of sin through Jesus, will go through a second death or eternal separation from God.  And so, it is appointed unto man once to die, after this the judgment.  In the body of Christ the
    judgment is not guilty.

There will then be the second resurrection for those who have died in their sins from the time of Jesus ministry on earth until the first resurrection.  (Rev. 20:13-14)
    My understanding those who are in the first resurrection will rule and reign with Christ for 1000 years where ever Christ will be, which I believe will be in the heavens (I said on earth in my additional comments and I am not sure), determining the judgment for those who will be resurrected to incur judgment
    in the second resurrection.  (Rev. 20:4)

My additional comments are:

There was some question about Enoch and Elijah and the fact that they ascended into the heavens.

The following scripture seems to contradict that they ascended into the heavens:

Joh 3:13
    And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

But my understanding is that this means that no man having died spiritually and physically has ascended into the heavens.  Enoch repented and walked with God 300 years and God translated him so that he did not see physical death.  Elijah was also serving God and was taken without suffering physical death.

Eph 4:9
    (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
    Eph 4:10
    He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

The blood of Jesus washed away the sins of those in heaven also:

Col. 1:20
    And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or THINGS IN HEAVEN.

My understanding is that Matthew 25 is the judgment for all of those
    in Christ at his coming whether they are the dead in Christ including those who were under the Law who were striving to obey God or whether they are alive at his coming.  And so, this is the first resurrection 1 Thes 4:16
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Thes 4:17
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  

And it is the judgment for those who are alive but not saved at his coming.  These will have received the mark of the beast and will be judged by the seven last plagues.

2 Thes 1:7
    And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,  
    1:8
    In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:  
    1:9
    Who shall be punished * with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;  
    1:10
    When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (5723) (because our testimony among you was believed ) in that day.  

Rev.19:19
    And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.  
    Rev.19:20
    And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.  
    19:21
    And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

After this the devil will be bound for 1000 years while the saints, all of those who were in the body of Christ at his coming, will reign with him during this period judging the dead who will be resurrected to recieve the judgment that has been determined for them according to their works.  This is the second resurrection.  There are only two resurrections.

20:2
    And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,  
    20:3
    And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.  
    Rev.20:4
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image *, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.  
    20:5
    But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.  
    20:6
    Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

I don't know if the 1000 year reign is with Christ in the heavens or here on earth, but possibly on earth because those who are resurrected surround the camp of the saints (I said in heaven in my original post).

Rev. 20:7
    And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,  
    20:8
    And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.  
    20:9
    And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.  
    20:10
    And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.  

The Great white throne is the final judgment for all of the dead perhaps who did not yeild to satan's temptation for them to encompass the camp of the saints, and therefore, were not destroyed by the fire and brimstone above.  The “book of life” may indicate those works that that they did in the body while they lived. (Not sure)  They are dead which means they are separated from God.

Rev. 20:11
    And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.  
    20:12
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.  
    20:13
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.  
    20:14
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  
    20:15
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

When exactly those who are in the body of Christ will go before the judgment seat of Christ for their rewards, I am not sure.  The scripture just indicates that we will go before the judgment seat of Christ.

God Bless

Unisage
    Participant

Just a note:

If you dont have the Mark of God it dont matter you wont make it..

We hear alot of preaching about the Mark of the Beast.But why dont the Churches teach the Mark of God?

I know what it is..

Does anyone else?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “Nick: Your comment was “that all will be resurrected”. My understanding is that those wicked dead before Jesus ministry have already been judged and will not be resurrected to incur further judgement based on the foregoing scriptures.”

When did this judgement occur as shown in scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “Nick: Your comment was “that all will be resurrected”.  My understanding is that those wicked dead before Jesus ministry have already been judged and will not be resurrected to incur further judgement based on the foregoing scriptures.”

Surely death is not judgement?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2007,16:00)
    Hi 94,
    You say
    “Nick: Your comment was “that all will be resurrected”.  My understanding is that those wicked dead before Jesus ministry have already been judged and will not be resurrected to incur further judgement based on the foregoing scriptures.”

Hi Nick:

I have already shown you by the scriptures that Adam and those who followed him received the judgment that Adam and Eve received when they sinned, those who God destroyed by the Flood waters were judged by the flood waters, Pharaoh and his armies were drowned by in the red sea as they prusued the Nation of Israel in the Exodus, Sodom and Ghomorrah were destroyed by fire and brimstone, Those under the Law of Moses were judged under the Law.  Those who defiantly violated the Law were stoned to death, the nations that God drove out of Canaan were destroyed by the sword as God used the Nation of Israel to drive them out and destroy them, God used Babylonian to punish Israel for disobedience and etc.

If you are asking me to give scripture about a general judgment, when all under the Old Testament were gathered together and judged, there is no such thing.  

I have given you my understanding.  Give me yours, thanks.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    We all die so what happened at the flood does not mean that they are not raised and do not face the sheep and goat judgement does it?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2007,09:47)
    Hi 94,
    We all die so what happened at the flood does not mean that they are not raised and do not face the sheep and goat judgement does it?

Hi Nick:

As I explained in my post relative to judgment, I believe that Hebrews 9:27 refers to spiritual death followed by judgment.  In the Old Testament under the Law of Moses, the people were judged under the Law.

Hebrews 10:28
    He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: (These have already received their punishment for violating God's law)
    10:29
    Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (This is talking about us under the New Covenant)
    10:30
    For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

In the New Covenant, we are to go into all of the world and preach the gospel to every creature if they want to hear.  If they come to God through Jesus then the judgment has been paid in full by his sacrifice.  They were spiritually dead, but are now alive, having al of their past sins washed away.  For those who are not saved Jesus said: John 12:47
    And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.  
    12:48
    He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Judgment for those who have received the Mark of the Beast who are alive at Jesus coming will be judged by the seven last plagues.  They are alive.  Meaning that they have not died physically, but my understanding is that this their final judgment.  They won be resurrected.  Only those who have died in their sins in the New Testament era will be resurrected to receive their judgment.

Rev.19:20
    And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.  
    19:21
    And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.  

This is their judgment.

Those in the Old Testament who did not repent have perished.  My understanding is that they have already been judged, and they will not be resurrected to receive further judgment.

God Bless

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account