John 1:1-18

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Kerwin! I just read again your first post about John 1:1 I don't thin k that is the right translation.
    using the Blue Letter Bible on the internet John 1:1-14 says this

Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Jhn 1:6 ¶ There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John.

Jhn 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all [men] through him might believe.

Jhn 1:8 He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light.

Jhn 1:9 [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Jhn 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Jhn 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jhn 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

These Scriptures is talking about Jesus. Also there are other Scriptures that says this in

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is Jesus. We also have to remember that both God, and The Word of God are titles. Both Jesus and Almighty God have other names.

Peace and Love Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Jan. 17 2011,00:02)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 21 2010,18:00)
    To All,
    This is an interpretation of John 1:1-18 based on the New International Version of Scripture I would like to hear tested according to godly principles.

In the following interpretation Emanuel = God with us.

1 In the beginning was the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of God was with God, and the Spirit of God was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was God of all mankind. 5 Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning the Emanuel, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the Emanuel; he came only as a witness to the Emanuel. 9 The true Emanuel that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Spirit of God married flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his (The Spirit of God married to flesh’s) glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.  15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (The Spirit of God married to flesh). 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Related scriptures are Isaiah 40, Isaiah 42:1-17, and Genesis 28:10-22.

Kerwin,

Commendable.  You're thinking and you are pulling germane scriptures together.  Maybe the following will illustrate why I believe you are.

As knowledgeable and thinking believers recognize, Jesus Christ is not God, but rather the son of God.

Scripture, in its original God breathed form, is a perfect and perfectly complete document for all of God's intended purposes.

Each book of the scriptures has a central theme.

The central subject of the entire scriptures is Jesus Christ, the son of God, the son of man, who is man's redeemer.

What for instance is the purpose of the book of John?

John 20:31 tells us why the book of John was written.

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Christ means “anointed”

Who anointed Jesus Christ?

Who, Biblically speaking, gets anointed?

Kings and priests get anointed.    

But also believers, I John 2:27, get anointed.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
    27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
    28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
    29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

in the context, we do not need those who seduce us, to teach us God's written word.  Why not?  We have plenty of believers around us who are anointed, just as we are, that we can learn from.

The greatness of what we can know about God and his son is found in the written word.  Not in the fables of those who would seduce us into falsehoods and idolatry.

Who anointed Jesus?

Acts 10:38  

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

God anointed Jesus.  Why is Jesus called simply Jesus in this verse and not Jesus Christ?

Christ means anointed.  God anointed Jesus, until God anointed Jesus, Jesus was not anointed.

With what did God anoint Jesus with?

pneuma hagion and with power.

Thus, Jesus Christ did not have either pneuma hagion or power until God anointed him with it.

Moses ordained Joshua and the spirit of wisdom was imparted to Joshua

Deuteronomy 34:9

9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses.

Elisha requested of Elijah that a double portion of the spirit that was upon Elijah be given to himself.

II Kings 2:9

9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

God is spirit,,   John 4:24

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I Thessalonians 5:23

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 43:7

7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Believers are three part beings.

Body and soul and spirit.

One part was formed, one part was made, one part, the only part that is creditted with being able to glorify God, was created.

The body was formed of the dust of the ground.  Genesis 2:7

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

And God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Ie, soul.

Soul was made to impart life to a body.  Until the breath of life is imparted, the body was not a living soul.

What part was created?

What part was created in the image of God?

What is the image of God?

John 4:24

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God created spirit for man and woman so that God and man could be “on the same page”.

Jesus Christ spoke of this.  Flesh profits nothing, it is spirit that gives life.  Ie,  communication with God, the source of life.

Moses, Joshua needed spirit upon them in order to communicate with God.

Adam and Eve died on the very day that the disobeyed God.

What died?

The profitable part, the spirit, the image of God, that God had created for them.  

No longer were they able to be on the same page with God.

They blew it, big time.

In our day and age, spirit is a gift from God.

Acts 2:4

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost,
    and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 11:16-18

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
    17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
    18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Note especially, verse 17, “…God gave them the like gift…”

God is the Holy Spirit.  God is holy.  God is spirit

I Peter 1:16

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And again John 4:24

God is the Holy Spirit.

God imparts spirit, his very nature, to those who believe.

Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

II Peter 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
    4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

How are we going to be partakers of God's divine nature, if we do not have some divine nature to utilize in our lives?

I Peter 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

I John 3:1-3

1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
    2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
    3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

We are sons of God, by seed, spiritual seed.

Incorruptible seed.

Ephesians 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Is being born again of incorruptible seed, spirit, spiritual seed a spiritual blessing?  Yes,  it made us partakers of the divine nature, it made us sons of God.

It is the spiritual seed in us that makes us literally sons of God.

Why then the word adoption in verse 5?

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

One reason,  our body and soul was there because of our earthly parents, our father and mother is the reason for our body and soul.  God adopted that part.  But his seed in us, the spiritual part is the part that makes us sons of God.

Another reason,  adoption in the culture of the times, gave rights to an adopted son that actually exceeded the rights of a biological son.  Adopted sons can not be disinherited.

God has like wise given us rights.  

We are made righteous, we are justified and have peace with God, we are ministers of reconciliation, we are sanctified and redeemed.

Those rights can, in no way be taken away from us.
    It is the spirit part of man that A and E lost, that allows us to glorify God.

Ephesians 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Gift of holy spirit from God,  
    Gift of salvation from God.
    Partakers of his divine nature?

Are we seeing a pattern?

What works were we before ordained to do?

John 14:12

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Wow, we have got a lot to learn if we are going to know how to do that.

Good thing there is a lot of scripture that we did not cover, that instructs us about that.

John 14:12 is not something we can “leap of faith” into.

Where is “leap of faith” found in scriptures?

Walk in love, walk in light, walk circumspectly is found in Ephesians 5,  but not “leap of faith”

Learning to do the works of Jesus Christ is a walk, not a plunge.

The first Adam lost it for us,  the second Adam, Jesus Christ, regained it for us.

Romans 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Again, free gift.

Romans 5:17

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Did Jesus Christ reign in life?

So can we.

God's free gift of spirit, of salvation and the instructions in the written word of God, the logos of God is our means to learn to do so.

How do we know all of this?

Because it is written.

Because someone, many someone's took the time to teach me this,  and much much more.

God's plan, his message, his logos, was with God in the beginning.  What we have now as the written logos of God, was in God's foreknowledge in the beginning.

Your personal Bible was not with God in the beginning, but God already knew what would be written. God already knew what words, rhema, would communicate the logos, the thoughts behind the words used.

His logos is the heart of God to us.

God's love and foreknowledge is why the logos was with God and is God in the beginning.

God knew Adam and Eve would sin and lose their spiritual connection with life.  God

God announced his plan to fix that way back in Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

I believe that this short exposition of the heart behind John 1:1 will help your understanding of what that verse is communicating.

Kerwin,

Ephesians 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thank you, Kerwin, for expressing your thoughts.

barley

Barley: This post of yours was absolutely loaded with truth and light. The power of those scriptures is incredible.

Through Jesus we are a nation of Kings and Priest! Kings and Priests get annointed!

but also believers, get annointed. All who believe receive the annointing. Wow! Powerful.

Partakers of his divine nature?

Are we seeing a pattern?

What works were we before ordained to do?

John 14:12

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

To much to copy. I heard and rec
    eived so much from that post my head is spinning. Maybe its because I hear so much about all the power is for the future sometime.

These are truths for NOW! God bless you, Barley, TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 23 2011,04:02)
    Pierre,

If you love as God loves you will not sin.  That is the goal of each and every one of God's true people.

As to as description of love this scripture does the job.

1 Corinthians 13(NIV) reads:

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

kerwin

Dt 7:12 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you,….
    4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Dt 30:16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

Ps 52:8 But I am like an olive tree
    flourishing in the house of God;
    I trust in God’s unfailing love
    for ever and ever
    Ps 60:5 Save us and help us with your right hand,
    that those you love may be delivered.

Ps 63:3 Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you.

Jn 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

this is were we all unite or divide ,

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 27 2011,07:54)

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 23 2011,04:02)
    Pierre,

If you love as God loves you will not sin.  That is the goal of each and every one of God's true people.

As to as description of love this scripture does the job.

1 Corinthians 13(NIV) reads:

kerwin

Dt 7:12 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you,….

Dt 30:16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

Ps 52:8 But I am like an olive tree
    flourishing in the house of God;
    I trust in God’s unfailing love
    for ever and ever
    Ps 60:5 Save us and help us with your right hand,
    that those you love may be delivered.

Ps 63:3 Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you.

Jn 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

this is were we all unite or divide  ,

Pierre

I agree!

princess
    Participant

(1There was a Man sent by God,—his name Yōánes. This [Man] came for bearing witness, that he might bear witness about the Light, in order that all [men] might have faith through it. That [Man] was not the Light, but [came] in order that he might bear witness about the Light.)

6.  It was the True Light,
    Which enlighteneth every Man
    Who cometh into the world.
    7.  It was in the world;
    And the world kept coming into existence through it;
    And the world did not know it.
    8.  It came unto its own;
    And its own did not receive it.
    9.  But as many as received it,
    To them it gave power
    To become Children of God,
    10.  To those who have faith in his name,

Who were brought to birth,
    Not out of [the blending of] bloods,
    11.  Nor of urge of flesh,
    Nor of urge of a male,—
    But out of God.
    12.  So Mind became flesh
    And tabernacled in us,
    13.  And we beheld its glory,
    Glory as of [? an] only-begotten from Father,—
    Full of Delight and Truth.

studing a bit about john last night and came across this translated version of john 1, my apologies i did not keep reference of the site.

thankful
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Jan. 28 2011,01:01)
    (1There was a Man sent by God,—his name Yōánes. This [Man] came for bearing witness, that he might bear witness about the Light, in order that all [men] might have faith through it. That [Man] was not the Light, but [came] in order that he might bear witness about the Light.)

6.  It was the True Light,
    Which enlighteneth every Man
    Who cometh into the world.
    7.  It was in the world;
    And the world kept coming into existence through it;
    And the world did not know it.
    8.  It came unto its own;
    And its own did not receive it.
    9.  But as many as received it,
    To them it gave power
    To become Children of God,
    10.  To those who have faith in his name,

Who were brought to birth,
    Not out of [the blending of] bloods,
    11.  Nor of urge of flesh,
    Nor of urge of a male,—
    But out of God.
    12.  So Mind became flesh
    And tabernacled in us,
    13.  And we beheld its glory,
    Glory as of [? an] only-begotten from Father,—
    Full of Delight and Truth.

studing a bit about john last night and came across this translated version of john 1, my apologies i did not keep reference of the site.

its gnostic

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/gno/gjb/gjb-4.htm

princess
    Participant

thank you thankful

do you feel that a gnostic translation should be disregarded.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 30 2010,19:23)
    Irene,

Why do you believe Jesus has the title of Word of God and God’s own Spirit does not?

I believe Ed was attempted to show by quoting Scripture that the Sword spoken of in Revelations 19:15 is the Word of God and we are instructed that the prophets of old spoke that same Word as they were carried along by the Spirit of Christ.

Jesus speaks that word because the Spirit dwells in him and God dwells in him through the Spirit that he has given Jesus in fulfillment of prophecy.   My interpretation is supports the idea that John is speaking of God giving Jesus the Spirit of God in fulfillment of Isaiah 52:13-15.

I am looking to see though if anyone can provide scriptures that show that my hypothetical interpretation does not fit with scripture.

Kerwin, it is Jesus who spoke throughout the Old testament times and new…..

1Jo 4:12 ¶ No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.  

Also I gave you Rev.19 and asked you if there is any other being that fits that description?????

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  

Rev 19:14   And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  

Rev 19:15   And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  

Rev 19:16   And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.  

Jesus was the Spoken Word of God, that is why He is called The Word of God.

Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

Scripture states that God did not speak through Jesus until the last days but instead used prophets and other various ways.  The two eras are worded in contrast in Hebrews 1:1-2.

Jesus is not God’s spoken word but he  is the fulfillment of God’s promise of a Anointed for his people, 1 Peter 1:20, and that promise has been his word since before the beginning of creation for when he created mankind he foreknew that they were a very good creation and the reason why that was and is.  That reason is Jesus the Anointed.

Hosea 6:4-6 should aid you with understanding Revelations 10 means by the clause “sword of his mouth”.

References:

Hebrews 1(NIV):

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe

1 Peter 1:20(NIV):

He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Hosea 6(NIV):

4 “What can I do with you, Ephraim?
      What can I do with you, Judah?
    Your love is like the morning mist,
      like the early dew that disappears.
    5 Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets,
      I killed you with the words of my mouth—
      then my judgments go forth like the sun

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

Gnostics pursue esoteric knowledge about their origins in the Godhead.  The disciples of Jesus the Anointed on the other hand seek esoteric knowledge that teaches and trains them to be righteous as God is righteous.   Similar but yet hte first is a corrupt copy of the later.

On the other hand this interpretation is itself open to interpretation and if you interpret mind to mean a mind controlled by God’s spirit then there would be some truth in it though it may not be what John meant.  We are after all instructed to have the mind dedicated to righteousness that Jesus has.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 28 2011,20:36)
    Irene,

Scripture states that God did not speak through Jesus until the last days but instead used prophets and other various ways.  The two eras are worded in contrast in Hebrews 1:1-2.

Jesus is not God’s spoken word but he  is the fulfillment of God’s promise of a Anointed for his people, 1 Peter 1:20, and that promise has been his word since before the beginning of creation for when he created mankind he foreknew that they were a very good creation and the reason why that was and is.  That reason is Jesus the Anointed.

Hosea 6:4-6 should aid you with understanding Revelations 10 means by the clause “sword of his mouth”.

References:

Hebrews 1(NIV):

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe

1 Peter 1:20(NIV):

He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Hosea 6(NIV):

4 “What can I do with you, Ephraim?
      What can I do with you, Judah?
    Your love is like the morning mist,
      like the early dew that disappears.
    5 Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets,
      I killed you with the words of my mouth—
      then my judgments go forth like the sun

Kerwin!  I believe what John in both Rev. and John teaches, Jesus is The Word of God, which is a title just like God is.  I asked you a question, which you did not answer me, who is that in

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  

Rev 19:14   And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  

Rev 19:15   And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  

Rev 19:16   And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.  

This is the same being then John 1:1 who in verse 14 became flesh, Jesus…..

Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

Sorry I missed that you wrote:

Also I gave you Rev.19 and asked you if there is any other being that fits that description?

God bears the title Word of God because he is the living embodiment of his own Word even to an extent that exceeds Jesus as God cannot be tempted by evil.  The Spirit of God bears the title because it carries out God’s word in that God speaks and the Spirit does.   The Spirit resides in Jesus and through it God acts and speaks using the body, soul, and spirit of Jesus and in this way Jesus is the Word of God.  Jesus is also the fulfillment of God’s Word.  In the later sense he is the only one that fulfills God’s Word.  

In Revelations 19:15 I believe Scripture speaks of the first way that Jesus is the word of God and in Revelations 19:13 speaks of the second.

I disagree with you that John was teaching us that Jesus was a spirit being that took on flesh unless he was speaking of Jesus being created as Adam was.  In that case he was teaching that the second man Jesus was the breath of life that comes from heaven and that the first man Jesus was the flesh and blood body created within Mary’s womb.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 29 2011,06:52)
    Irene,

Sorry I missed that you wrote:

Also I gave you Rev.19 and asked you if there is any other being that fits that description?

God bears the title Word of God because he is the living embodiment of his own Word even to an extent that exceeds Jesus as God cannot be tempted by evil.  The Spirit of God bears the title because it carries out God’s word in that God speaks and the Spirit does.   The Spirit resides in Jesus and through it God acts and speaks using the body, soul, and spirit of Jesus and in this way Jesus is the Word of God.  Jesus is also the fulfillment of God’s Word.  In the later sense he is the only one that fulfills God’s Word.  

In Revelations 19:15 I believe Scripture speaks of the first way that Jesus is the word of God and in Revelations 19:13 speaks of the second.

I disagree with you that John was teaching us that Jesus was a spirit being that took on flesh unless he was speaking of Jesus being created as Adam was.  In that case he was teaching that the second man Jesus was the breath of life that comes from heaven and that the first man Jesus was the flesh and blood body created within Mary’s womb.

Kerwin! You ignoring all other Scriptures that tell us that Jesus was not only a man send by God. He is the firstborn of all creation. That's all. I am so tired of you and others that ignore plain Scriptures and even add to it. Believe what you want, you do it anyway……
    Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

Please take the beam out of your own eye before attempting to remove the spec from your brothers.  

Scripture explicitly states Jesus is presently and was a human being even while in the corrupt flesh.

You choose to believe differently and so you like me will be accountable before God for the choices you make while in the corrupt flesh.  Therefore continuously test your life and doctrines to make sure you as firm as you believe you are.

Still,  I debate to learn but not from men.  It is God I depend on to reveal his truths to me in whatever manner he chooses.   I know this though that each of us has the duty to seek to be righteous as God is righteous and Jesus the Anointed is the only way we accomplish that goal.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 29 2011,22:05)
    Irene,

Please take the beam out of your own eye before attempting to remove the spec from your brothers.  

Scripture explicitly states Jesus is presently and was a human being even while in the corrupt flesh.

You choose to believe differently and so you like me will be accountable before God for the choices you make while in the corrupt flesh.  Therefore continuously test your life and doctrines to make sure you as firm as you believe you are.

Still,  I debate to learn but not from men.  It is God I depend on to reveal his truths to me in whatever manner he chooses.   I know this though that each of us has the duty to seek to be righteous as God is righteous and Jesus the Anointed is the only way we accomplish that goal.

Kerwin

how was Christ flesh corrupt ??

you would like that don't you ?

but is flesh was not corrupt you really need to paid more attention to scriptures and not so much to your personnel opinions,

your logic of men as failed you again.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

You should learn to understand that mortal flesh is corrupt as it was not created to be mortal.  

You were most likely thinking of the wrong definition a for “corrupt” as I believe you already know what I just wrote.  Such errors do happen.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 30 2011,01:44)
    Pierre,

You should learn to understand that mortal flesh is corrupt as it was not created to be mortal.  

You were most likely thinking of the wrong definition a for “corrupt” as I believe you already know what I just wrote.  Such errors do happen.

Kerwin

sorry but i disagree with you ,Christ was perfect in spirit and body,

he was without sin,or defect, if it would be any other way he would not be anointed,

why you thing he came from above ,what you do not accept,
    the truth belong to God not to you to decide up on it ,

if they did not killed him he would be still alive in the flesh today,

the laws says the men who apply the law will live by it.and not die.

you still in your men made logic.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

Do you believe the body of Jesus was immune to the effects of age?

Consider what scripture means when it states creation will be liberated from its bondage to decay.

I do agree that a man who does not sin even though tempted as we are will not die but will instead be transformed at a time set by God.

Reference:

Romans 8(NIV)

21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 29 2011,15:05)
    Irene,

Kerwin! To say to you that you ignored the Scriptures I gave you is a beam????  WOW….. Now who is judging here?  I would like if you address all of what I said, and not to nit pick what you want to….
    That I am so tired of….
    You say you learn from God, then do it, read His word and believe it, not ignore it…..I read a Scripture the way it is written, no other way….
    I asked you if there is any other being that fits Rev, 19 and what did you say to that?  
    Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 31 2011,14:45)
    Pierre,

Do you believe the body of Jesus was immune to the effects of age?

Consider what scripture means when it states creation will be liberated from its bondage to decay.

I do agree that a man who does not sin even though tempted as we are will not die but will instead be transformed at a time set by God.

Reference:

Romans 8(NIV)

21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

Kerwin

this is a change of the subject

so ;the flesh of Christ was not corrupt other wise he will die in sin,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account