Jesus, THE Messiah?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 752 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Nov. 24 2007,11:30)
    READ Isaiah 7:14 and it will resolve the conflict about whether Jesus is the Messiah once and for all.
    :)

Chap,

Did you know that Immanuel was the name of one of Isaiah's sons? Even Strong's agrees with this:

===================================
    H6005
    עמּנוּאל
    ‛immânû'êl
    im-maw-noo-ale'
    From H5973 and H410 with suffix pronoun inserted; with us (is) God; Immanuel, a name of Isaiah’s son: – Immanuel.
    ===================================

So if you believe that this was to be Jesus (who was never named Immanuel while Isaiah's son was) then you must believe that Mary was the SECOND virgin to give birth. Isaiah's wife was the first.

Laurel, like most Christians, will not list verses after 7:15 because they know that the context does not fit Jesus. That is the way with Jesus. Almost every 'prophecy' he supposedly fulfilled was something that had either already been fulfilled, was taken way out of context, or was not even a prophecy at all!

Jesus did not fulfill a single messianic prophecy. Not even one. Unless you count the fact that he was a male Jew. But there have been millions of male Jews.

Laurel
    Participant

Tow,
    I know YHWH heard the cries of His people, but what I see is that the people did not “hear” Him. Moses was the voice of YHWH to them.

Today we are all able to “hear” if we follow Messiah. The voice is that of the Set-apart Spirit available to all who follow Messiah.

Under the covenant with Moses, Elohim's people were instructed by Moses, and Moses received his instructions from YHWH.

The problem with most of His people today, is that the laws and traditions of men have blocked the Way.

False shepherds lead the flocks to destruction. Because of this, the shepherds do not have the Set-apart Spirit in them, so their flocks do not either.

Our own “imaginations” lead us to believe that we are doing His will, but Scripture warns us NOT to lean on the understanding of men, but to trust in YHWH!!!!

Our Father's have inherited lies, there is no valuein them.

Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Gentiles here refers to “nations” where all Israel is scattered.

Laurel
    Participant

Tow,
    Israel asked YHWH to send them a profit, to be YHWH's voice to them. They were sore afraid when He spoke to them and the earth shook, and the trumpets sounded.

He sent the profit Y'shua to the whole world.
    He sent Moses to Israel.

If the first covenant was perfect, there would be no need for a second.

Laurel
    Participant

The Israelites under the old covenant prooved that the first covenant was not enough. Men with their own “imaginations” thought to change the commands and the seasons of the Feasts.

The Spirit in us teaches that we should obey the Torah, for it is YHWH's instructions for us. Y'shua Messiah lived the Way of the Torah for an example to us, thus discrediting all man-made commands and regulations of the Pharisees and Catholics, or any other “religion” who trys to change His perfect “instructions.”

Laurel
    Participant

Tow,
    I will take any verse of Scripture and proove it is consitant with YHWH's promise, Y'shua His Son came in the flesh to be our Mediator!

Immanuel means what in Hebrew?

Isiaha's wife could not have been a virgin. ALL criteria must be met.

So now you are assuming Isiaha's wife was a virgin? Funny, to be married and confirm their covenant, don't they become one physically? So then how can a married woman be a virgin dude?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 25 2007,11:47)
    Tow,
    I know YHWH heard the cries of His people, but what I see is that the people did not “hear” Him. Moses was the voice of YHWH to them.

Today we are all able to “hear” if we follow Messiah. The voice is that of the Set-apart Spirit available to all who follow Messiah.

Under the covenant with Moses, Elohim's people were instructed by Moses, and Moses received his instructions from YHWH.

The problem with most of His people today, is that the laws and traditions of men have blocked the Way.

False shepherds lead the flocks to destruction. Because of this, the shepherds do not have the Set-apart Spirit in them, so their flocks do not either.

Our own “imaginations” lead us to believe that we are doing His will, but Scripture warns us NOT to lean on the understanding of men, but to trust in YHWH!!!!

Our Father's have inherited lies, there is no valuein them.

Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Gentiles here refers to “nations” where all Israel is scattered.

Actually Gentiles means Gentiles :;):.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 25 2007,11:50)
    Tow,
    Israel asked YHWH to send them a profit, to be YHWH's voice to them. They were sore afraid when He spoke to them and the earth shook, and the trumpets sounded.

He sent Moses to Israel.

Actually there have been many more than two covenants. But in any case there has been no further covenant since Moses. When the last covenant comes in, the new covenant, all will know G-d. Since this has not happened yet the new covenant has not come.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 25 2007,11:55)
    The Israelites under the old covenant prooved that the first covenant was not enough. Men with their own “imaginations” thought to change the commands and the seasons of the Feasts.

The Spirit in us teaches that we should obey the Torah, for it is YHWH's instructions for us. Y'shua Messiah lived the Way of the Torah for an example to us, thus discrediting all man-made commands and regulations of the Pharisees and Catholics, or any other “religion” who trys to change His perfect “instructions.”

You have the right idea of the new covenant. You just happen to think it came with Jesus but it has not because the conditions specified in Jeremiah have not come about. Thus the covenant given on Mt. Sinai is still in effect.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 25 2007,12:42)
    Tow,
    I will take any verse of Scripture and proove it is consitant with YHWH's promise, Y'shua His Son came in the flesh to be our Mediator!

Immanuel means what in Hebrew?

Isiaha's wife could not have been a virgin. ALL criteria must be met.

So now you are assuming Isiaha's wife was a virgin? Funny, to be married and confirm their covenant, don't they become one physically? So then how can a married woman be a virgin dude?

Why was Jesus not named Immanuel then? What of these verses?

Isa 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
    Isa 7:17 The LORD shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.

How does this apply to Jesus? It doesn't. The word translated as 'virgin' in the Hebrew is 'almah' which means' young woman', not 'virgin'. The Hebrew word for 'virgin' is 'bethulah'. What is really interesting is that Isaiah uses 'bethulah' for 'virgin' in Is 23:4, 23:12, 37:22, 47:1, and 62:5 so it is quite obvious he knoew the right word to use.

In fact he only uses 'almah' once in Is 7:14! Why would he use 'bethulah' 5 times but choose to use the word for 'young woman' rather than the word for 'virgin' here? Because she (Isaiah's wife) was not a virgin!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 26 2007,07:52)

Tow,
    Israel asked YHWH to send them a profit, to be YHWH's voice to them.  They were sore afraid when He spoke to them and the earth shook, and the trumpets sounded.

He sent Moses to Israel.

Actually there have been many more than two covenants. But in any case there has been no further covenant since Moses. When the last covenant comes in, the new covenant, all will know G-d. Since this has not happened yet the new covenant has not come.

According to you it has not, but to many it has come. So you cant take that away from us, no matter what you will say there will always be some that will stand up to you, that belief in our Savior Jesus Christ. I will stand on that Rock and will defend Him. You think you know it all, but I rather feel sorry for you not knowing our Savior. There is a tread on the Covenants you might want to read it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 26 2007,03:13)

Tow,

He sent Moses to Israel.

According to you it has not, but to many it has come. So you cant take that away from us, no matter what you will say there will always be some that will stand up to you, that belief in our Savior Jesus Christ. I will stand on that Rock and will defend Him. You think you know it all, but I rather feel sorry for you not knowing our Savior. There is a tread on the Covenants you might want to read it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi Mrs,

You get that belief merely because it is a Christian belief. Yet it has no truth behind it because the context of the passage in Jeremiah shows otherwise. Could you please tell me what you think of the parts I will make bold below?

===========================================
    Jer 31:30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
    Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34 c, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The key phrases here:
    (1) But every one shall die for his own iniquity – Jesus cannot die for anyone
    (2) I [YHVH] will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah – the covenant is not with Gentiles it is with Israel and Judah
    (3) I [YHVH] will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts – the same Torah (law) you find in your 'old testament' will be written in hearts. It will not be abolished like CHristianity has tried to do through Paul the apostate.
    (4) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them – know one will need to be taught because all will know G-d and His Torah.

How does this apply to the Christian 'new covenant'? The only one that is even close is that you claim it is on your heart. But that is not true because what we find in Christianity is NOT the Torah being known and observed.

What are your thoughts on this passage in context?

Towshab
    Participant

Sorry, Jer 31:34 got cut off in the last post

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 27 2007,00:08)
    Sorry, Jer 31:34 got cut off in the last post

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

That's right God's children know the Father because they accept what their God has done giving the supreme sacrifice.

So yes from the greatest of HIS children to the least of HIS children we know God.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Is God all in all NO! Their are more children to be born but when the last child comes (that could be you and Stu) then the end will come. And God will be all in all! Tow will no longer exist but a New Creature. The one TOW himself longs for!

You speak of things you don't know, TOW :laugh: :D

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 26 2007,23:56)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 26 2007,03:13)

Tow,
    Israel asked YHWH to send them a profit, to be YHWH's voice to them.  They were sore afraid when He spoke to them and the earth shook, and the trumpets sounded.

He sent Moses to Israel.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi Mrs,

You get that belief merely because it is a Christian belief. Yet it has no truth behind it because the context of the passage in Jeremiah shows otherwise. Could you please tell me what you think of the parts I will make bold below?

Jer 31:30  But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
    Jer 31:31  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    Jer 31:32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  c, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The key phrases here:
    (1) But every one shall die for his own iniquity – Jesus cannot die for anyone
    (2) I [YHVH] will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah – the covenant is not with Gentiles it is with Israel and Judah
    (3) I [YHVH] will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts – the same Torah (law) you find in your 'old testament' will be written in hearts. It will not be abolished like CHristianity has tried to do through Paul the apostate.
    (4) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them – know one will need to be taught because all will know G-d and His Torah.

How does this apply to the Christian 'new covenant'? The only one that is even close is that you claim it is on your heart. But that is not true because what we find in Christianity is NOT the Torah being known and observed.

What are your thoughts on this passage in context?

Tow Just look at Ken's Post He already answered the way I would, so I don't have to anymore, because I rather not talk to you anyway's.
    Hope and pray some day you will change your mind. Jesus is my Savior and on thast Rock I will stay. Hear that?You don't have to answer that.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 27 2007,03:27)
    so I don't have to anymore, because I rather not talk to you anyway's.

Riiiiight.

:(

If you and Ken want to tell everyone not to talk to this person and others – quit doing it yourself!

I've had enough of this for one day. Discouragement, big time! I'm going out to the garden and talk with the bees (of course I'll have to wake them up first!) :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 27 2007,07:02)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 27 2007,03:27)
    so I don't have to anymore, because I rather not talk to you anyway's.

Riiiiight.

:(

If you and Ken want to tell everyone not to talk to this person and others – quit doing it yourself!

I've had enough of this for one day. Discouragement, big time! I'm going out to the garden and talk with the bees (of course I'll have to wake them up first!) :)

Listen to yourself Mandy.

Who are you defending? A Antichrist! The one who GOD warned you about! The one you warned everyone about?

I can't turn off the fire but I can try to pull you out of the water!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mandy For the first time,if you look at all the post, that I did make. So I responded to Him and you come and defend Him? I will never encourage that man to speak here. That is really something. It really makes me sad.

Peace and Love Irene :blues: :blues: :blues:

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mandy I was posting at the same time then Ken did. Is that ironic, the one that used to tore me up now holds me up.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

david
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 24 2007,15:34)

Quote (david @ Nov. 23 2007,21:53)

If there was only Adam and Eve and then Cain and Abel, explain this:

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

I await the typical apologetics.

You have got to be kidding.

Are you kidding? Seriously? You're not serious, are you?

GENESIS 5:3-4
    “And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.”

So Adam had more kids willing to hang out with someone who murdered their brother? Yes I'd want to do that. I think you are the one that is kidding.

It is not my job to explain why women today or of the past stay with men who go as far as to beat them. We KNOW it happens. That's indisputable. We KNOW that many women would stay with their husband even if he's a murderer. It happens all the time.

We know that the Bible tells us the history of Adam having “sons and daughters.” (Not sure if you just missed that part or don't understand it.)
    We are not told, however the order.

I imagine they must have had many. We don't know the order or the names of most of these. We do know of cain and abel because we're told something relevent about them. We do also know about Seth because we're told about his line of descent.

So whether cain married a neice or a sister before or after he murdered abel, we are also not told.

What the Bible does actually say is that Adam had “son's and daughters.”

So, that would be your answer. Cain had married one of these “daughters” or perhaps a niece etc…

Yes I'd want to do that.

Despite what “you” would want to do, oh confused one, we know that many women actually are involved in bad relationships, with murderers. So, your arguments are as unsound as your attack of the Bible–and not just the GT, but the whole Bible now.

I think it's proper that you be labeled for what you are–someone who is on here to erode peoples faith in God and the Bible as a whole.

You remove his name, you alegorize and question His Word, the Bible. How can you possibly defend yourself?

david
    Participant

I think perhaps what confused you, is that the Bible got specific about Can and abel and then afterward, gave an overview of Adam's history. So, maybe you mistakenly thought all these sons and daughters came later. Yet, we're not told that.

Notice that in the previous chapters, were're given an overview of creation INCLUDING the creation of Adam. Then, after that, the Bible focuses in on Adam's creation, telling it to us again.

Sometimes, when something is important, the Bible focuses in on it, going into greater detail. These aren't contradictions. This is how people write books.

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 752 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account