Jesus, THE Messiah?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 752 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 19 2007,17:48)
    I'm not mad by no means at Tow.

Its just now that hes replied and made mockery of about everything that I've posted with a rather “Uncanny” attitude. I can clearly see where he stands.

Actually you mostly pasted from your link. I was analyzing it and laying open its fallaciousness.

I just felt that I should attempt to profess Jesus to him one last time.

He does not want to accept Jesus…so be it.

I do accept Jesus.

So therefore he should not make mock of me…although it says that people will persecute you for my name sake…so its cool. More power to him if he wants to make fun of me because I believe in Jesus and have confessed with my mouth and have the FAITH in him that I should have. Jesus said “Know that they hated me before they hated you”. If I can bare a burden for his name sake then in my belief I'm doing something right.

In what way have I mocked you? People take what I have to say in the wrong way because they don't like to read (or hear) it. So they therefore feel I am mocking them. I am not mocking you I am mocking Christianity. I think it is a false religion that says it has roots in the Hebrew bible when all it is is a patchwork religion of various mythologies with some Judaic elements thrown in.

I have done my part…I have delivered the truth unto him. He does not want anything to do with it. So, therefore our conversation is over…because I don't want anything to do with what he believes.

So we simply agree to disagree. :)

I am sorry to say this but so many people say they are giving the truth when it is quite obvious that there are more versions of this truth than one can count. Since only G-d is true, how do we know who on earth has the truth? Christians? Jews? Muslims? Hindus? Buddhists? Taoists? Agnostics? Atheists?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 20 2007,11:37)
    Since only G-d is true, how do we know who on earth has the truth? Christians? Jews? Muslims? Hindus? Buddhists? Taoists? Agnostics? Atheists?

I think the last on your list would disagree that only god is true!

Stuart :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stu Again just because you don't know Him does not mean He doesnt exist. You do not have god's Holy Spirit, so you can't know Him. So sad. Why are you still here. The tread is the Messiah tread, you read the Bible, like you read Harry Potter. Guess what I never read Harry Potter and have no interest in reading it either. So sorry for you.

Peace and Love Mrs. :( :( :(

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 20 2007,19:51)
    Stu Again just because you don't know Him does not mean He doesnt exist. You do not have god's Holy Spirit, so you can't know Him. So sad. Why are you still here. The tread is the Messiah tread, you read the Bible, like you read Harry Potter. Guess what I never read Harry Potter and have no interest in reading it either.  So sorry for you.

Peace and Love Mrs. :( :( :(

Just because you claim to know him does not mean that he does exist, either. You are an atheist when it comes to the Greek god Zeus, or the Roman godess Diana. Agnosticism strictly is more honest than either atheism or christian faith because it acknowledges that no-one can demonstrate his existence or otherwise.

I say he might, but the odds are stacked up very high against his existence. You say without a question he does exist, even though you cannot demonstrate it. Whose position is the most honest? Unquestionably the agnostic.

Stuart

Towshab
    Participant

Pulled this from the trivia thread

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 20 2007,13:27)
    question……> why did God require blood for the forgiveness of sins.

A…. because life is in the blood
    B…. because God requires giving up life to be saved
    C…. Blood is a symbol for our lives
    D…. pouring out of blood is symbolic for dying to our WILL”S.

Well this is certainly a question for Christians and not Jews or people who adhere to the Hebrew scriptures.

A…. because life is in the blood

That is not why there is sacrifice, that is why you should not eat blood (or drink it like Jesus wants you to, same thing)

Lev 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
    Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
    Lev 17:12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.
    Lev 17:13 And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.
    Lev 17:14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

In fact read that whole chapter.

B…. because God requires giving up life to be saved

Where do you get that idea?!?

C…. Blood is a symbol for our lives

Blood is necessary for you to live. Where do you get that it is a symbol for your life?

D…. pouring out of blood is symbolic for dying to our WILL”S.

OK…

Really, where did you come up with this stuff?

Towshab
    Participant

By the way I'm still waiting on a single messianic prophecy that Jesus fulfilled. Anyone? Just one? 1/2 of one maybe? 1/4?

Towshab
    Participant

THE FOUR GODS OF CHRISTIANITY

First there is 'god the father' This god cannot save the world on his own so he must copulate with a virgin and produce a second god, 'god the son' (or 'son of god' take your pick). However this god could not reach everyone while he was here so upon his ascension he sent 'god the holy spirit' who is supposed to be witnessing and living in Christians today.

But there is also a fourth god in the Christian bible, the god of this world (according to Christians), the man in the red suit, SATAN. And guess what? Since 2/3 of the world are not Christians who is the most powerful god in the Christian bible? You guessed it! SATAN.

Are you certain Is 14:12 and Rev 22:16 aren't describing the same person?

Samuel
    Participant

Why do you call this the year 2007?

Samuel
    Participant

Who died 2007 years ago on a cross?

Obviously, it was a big enough event for the calender to be reset…the slate wiped clean if you will…A new start.

There is not but one GOD brother.

And all things come from that one GOD.

There will always be just one GOD…no one or thing is going to ever be able to rise itself above that one GOD.
    Thats why we are sitting here having this very conversation at this very moment. Because one of the Angels tried to do this and convinced a host of other angels that they could do the same…hows that working out for them? lol

It ain't.

Samuel
    Participant

I really don't see where your getting all these GODs from.

That GOD uses other means than himself to deliver his message. Because no one can see GOD he is spirit. If you were to actually see GOD…you would not be able to handle it in your flesh body.

He uses the Holy Ghost as a comforter to you. He used Jesus as a Lamb to pay for the horrible sins that we committed so long ago. He uses each of us to be his testament unto every part of the world to bare witness of his word and his existence…so that all man might not perish.

You should know that I am rooted in my FAITH. I believe what I now believe because of what I feel in my soul…my spirit. What I know to be right…I did not come by this truth by listening to the ramblings of men. But by the Father:

Matthew 16 (King James Version)

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

For flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto me, but my Father which is in heaven.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 20 2007,20:19)
    Why do you call this the year 2007?

Cuz that's what my calendar says?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 20 2007,20:24)
    Who died 2007 years ago on a cross?

Uh he was supposed to have died 30-33 CE but what's 30+ years between friends?

Obviously, it was a big enough event for the calender to be reset…the slate wiped clean if you will…A new start.

But not until 525 CE. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

==========================================
    The practice of dating years based on either Jesus' birth or the Annunciation, when Archangel Gabriel foretold Jesus' birth to his mother, Mary, was devised in the year 525 by the monk Dionysius Exiguus, who named it “anno Domini” (“in the year of the Lord”). Two centuries later, the Anglo-Saxon historian Bede used another Latin term “ante incarnationis dominicae tempus” (“the time before the Lord's incarnation”), equivalent to the English “before Christ”, to identify years before the first year of this era.
    ==========================================

So basically this change did not come into effect until 500 years or so after Jesus' death.

There is not but one GOD brother.

Hey listen I appreciate you calling me brother but that is a moniker used amongst Christians so in essence many would wonder why you call me that. But I am glad that you acknowledge that there is but one G-d. Now if you'll shed the rest of your pagan beliefs!

And all things come from that one GOD.

There will always be just one GOD…no one or thing is going to ever be able to rise itself above that one GOD.
    Thats why we are sitting here having this very conversation at this very moment. Because one of the Angels tried to do this and convinced a host of other angels that they could do the same…hows that working out for them? lol

It ain't.

Huh? What angel? Oh yeah the one who wears the red suit. What a silly story. Your god not only made evil sin-ridden humans but rebellious angels as well. Some god he is.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 20 2007,11:29)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 19 2007,07:47)
    Tow what do you believe God to be? Do you think He is as we are, flesh? Well you know what I mean..a sort of “Superman”?

Just wondering because you don't believe in a “spirit” world OR do you?

Yes I believe in angels and YHVH.

But you don't believe in demons? Or followers of Satan?

Why do you put down Sam when he speaks of spiritual things?

You don't believe in the Holy Spirit or do you?

Where DO you stand spiritually? If at all? :)

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 20 2007,20:30)
    I really don't see where your getting all these GODs from.

That GOD uses other means than himself to deliver his message. Because no one can see GOD he is spirit. If you were to actually see GOD…you would not be able to handle it in your flesh body.

He uses the Holy Ghost as a comforter to you. He used Jesus as a Lamb to pay for the horrible sins that we committed so long ago. He uses each of us to be his testament unto every part of the world to bare witness of his word and his existence…so that all man might not perish.

You should know that I am rooted in my FAITH. I believe what I now believe because of what I feel in my soul…my spirit. What I know to be right…I did not come by this truth by listening to the ramblings of men. But by the Father:

Matthew 16 (King James Version)

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

For flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto me, but my Father which is in heaven.

But what of the Buddhist who believes much as you do? The Muslim? The Hindu? They believe deep in their soul that they are right too so why are you 'more right' than them?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 20 2007,20:56)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 20 2007,11:29)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 19 2007,07:47)
    Tow what do you believe God to be? Do you think He is as we are, flesh? Well you know what I mean..a sort of “Superman”?

Just wondering because you don't believe in a “spirit” world OR do you?

Yes I believe in angels and YHVH.

But you don't believe in demons? Or followers of Satan?

Hey people can choose to follow Britney Spears if that's what they want. Free will. Of course 'satan' is more of a ficticious character than Britney so by following Britney at least they might get an autograph or something.

Why do you put down Sam when he speaks of spiritual things?

That's just your take. I only put down things that are pagan.

You don't believe in the Holy Spirit or do you?

Sure do. It is taught throughout the Tanakh but never as a 'comforter' or 3rd god. It was never promised to all people. The Holy Spirit comes to people when G-d chooses to reveal Himself.

Where DO you stand spiritually? If at all? :)

That is a very open-ended question with no 3 line answer.

david
    Participant

By the way I'm still waiting on a single messianic prophecy that Jesus fulfilled. Anyone? Just one? 1/2 of one maybe? 1/4?

You can find the list of prophecies anywhere. Certain ones have put lists down of these. Your response is mainly to say they are all out of context. Why don't you show us.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 20 2007,21:29)

You can find the list of prophecies anywhere. Certain ones have put lists down of these. Your response is mainly to say they are all out of context. Why don't you show us.

I already responded to 2 of those cut and paste lists in detail. Yours was the third but a quick perusal showed that the supposed prophecies were the same ones Ken and Morningstar listed. YAWN.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 20 2007,21:29)

First set of refutations can be found here.

Second with many of the same included can be found here.

Samuel
    Participant

So let me get this straight…?

Your making fun of us for believing in Jesus?

And you don't believe in Satan, Jesus, obviously not Hell, Angels?

Then I guess if you were not a Man you would not believe in Man either. But since you are a man you have to accept the fact that Man does indeed exist.

So, I guess you believe that just because you believer in the One GOD you are saved and going to heaven or your going to get 72 virgins or whatever after life you believe in…or do you even believe in an after Life?

Do you even pray? What do you do to get forgiven of Sins? Or I guess you don't believe in Sin either…so therefore there is no need to get forgiveness of sin?

I can pick what you believe a part just as easily as you can pick what I believe apart.

*Turns other check*

Samuel
    Participant

I mean surely your not naive enough to think that the only thing GOD has ever created is Man…and all there is is Man and GOD?

I mean look how big the Universe is…and there are more than one universe. Obviously GOD has made other things besides us.

What you believe is just as confusing as what you say that we believe is confusing to you.

Look I don't know who has you this agitated, But its not my fault.

Even if you don't believe in Christ we are all still Brothers…brother. If all you believer is GOD and MAN…then Obviously we are MAN and we all came from the same GOD…which still makes us all brothers in GOD as well.

You should let go of some of that Poison that is filling your soul. Not only does it make for High Blood Pressure…But it makes you somewhat unpleasant…and people don't like talking to unpleasant people.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 752 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account