Jesus, THE Messiah?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 752 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

I really wish that satan had not deceived you like he has.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 16 2007,12:25)
    I'd like to point out something here.  Not everyone believes in or has read this Tanakh.  Much like the Musulims that don't believe the Bible…they have probably never even read it.

So…to ask someone to point out something to you in this book is all but in vain…save someone decides to read it.

You see this is the problem with man today…that want to argue rather than just pray to GOD.  And, ask him to help them and show them the way.  However, if you don't believe that Jesus is the Savior your probably (In my belief) not going to get very far with GOD.  Because Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Light.  So obviously the stepping stone to GOD the way I believe is through JESUS.  Point cut and Blank.  In my own prayers I have been showed this.  I've personally had the spirit of GOD come over me on more than one occasion and sup with me.  It is through Jesus that Man gained back what they lost…fellowship directly with GOD.  

I know you don't believe this.  But I do feel that being that I call my self a Christian…it is my duty to spread the Gospel…and be a testament at the least to the truth that I've found.  It's not my duty to get you to believe this…just to let you know about it…thus I have.

May GOD move on your soul, and in your life.

Everyone who has a copy of the “Old Testament” has a copy of the Tenach, which consists of the Torah and the prophets.

Laurel
    Participant

Tow is right about the way Christians put Jesus as God. We see that come uo here continually. It is one of the reasond Jews today won't bother to look at Jesus. The Jesus in the Greek text was against the Torah.

But, one day you will all see the true Messiah Y'shua. He upheld the Torah and He is the Son of the living God!!!!!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 18 2007,10:09)
    Tow is right about the way Christians put Jesus as God.  We see that come uo here continually.  It is one of the reasond Jews today won't bother to look at Jesus.  The Jesus in the Greek text was against the Torah.

But, one day you will all see the true Messiah Y'shua.  He upheld the Torah and He is the Son of the living God!!!!!

Laurel Not all put Jesus the way you said. To me Jesus is the Son of God and not equal with our Heavenly Father, is there smething wrong with that? Ephesians 4:4-6

Peace and Love Mrs.

Laurel
    Participant

Yes I know Mrs. but the trinity thread is proof that many of us do not understand who Messiah is because of the way the Greek text portrays Him, and avoids the use of the Name YHWH in the entire Bible, except a couple exceptions where Yehovah is used.

Lord and LORD lead people to assume they are the same person.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 18 2007,10:09)
    Tow is right about the way Christians put Jesus as God. We see that come uo here continually. It is one of the reasond Jews today won't bother to look at Jesus. The Jesus in the Greek text was against the Torah.

But, one day you will all see the true Messiah Y'shua. He upheld the Torah and He is the Son of the living God!!!!!

When the young rich ruler asked How do I get to heaven. Did Jesus say keep the feasts?

I don't recall Jesus saying anything about the feasts other then He fulfilled them. Luke 24:26-27, 44

If one wishes to keep the feasts and “annual” Sabbaths fine go ahead but lets not judge others who are not weak in faith, Rom. Chapter 14.

Laurel
    Participant

You will know them by their fruits Ken.

Y'shua did not have to tell us to keep the Feasts even though He did, you just don't see it yet. He said Follow Me. If you truly followed Him, you would do as He did! He kept His Father's Feasts and was and is our living example!!!!
    Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Keep My Sabbaths, they are a sign between Me and you through out ALL your generations. Teach them to your children and to your children's children.

Now read Leviticus 23.

Laurel
    Participant

Eze 33:1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
    Eze 33:2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
    Eze 33:3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
    Eze 33:4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
    Eze 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
    Eze 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

I see the Sword coming and I warned you.
    Laurel

Stu
    Participant

Colossians 2:16
    Let no man therefore judge you in meat and drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon; or of the sabbath days.

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

Well, I know this isn't the Sabbath thread, but since you all have mentioned it……

I just got up from my Sabbath rest and enjoyed a further spiritual rest this day. Whew! I'm lovin it! Praise the LORD!

Laurel
    Participant

Bible Feasts, What Are They?
    Christmas is not merely a Pagan festival, its adoption into the ecclesiastical calendar along with several other heathen observances ( Easter, Ash Wednesday, Halloween etc. ) has almost blinded the church to the sacred Sabbaths of Yahweh mentioned in the Bible: sacred days the whole Christian church is commanded to keep. What are these sacred times? They are:
    The Passover: This service commemorates the death of Jesus Christ, the Passover Lamb of God, who gave his life to purchase our salvation.

The Feasts of Unleavened Bread which commemorate Israel's hurried departure from Egypt when they lived on unleavened bread. Unleavened Bread also foreshadows the time when the Almighty will totally rid His household – the Church – of the leaven of sin, hypocrisy and false doctrine.

Pentecost: This Feast commemorates the out-pouring of the Holy Spirit: not just the event that happened on the day of Pentecost in apostolic times ( Acts 2 ), but also when the Most High will pour out His Spirit on His people in these last days, after we have been cleansed of every vestige of sin.

Trumpets: This Feast still awaits even partial fulfilment. It foreshadows the time when cleansed, Spirit-filled believers will proclaim the final warnings to mankind; warnings which will be preached when the terrifying events described in the book of Revelation are in progress.

The Day of Atonement: This day of fasting prefigures a time of judgment and atonement when the church will finally be brought into the very presence of the Almighty and be at-one with Him.

The Feast of Tabernacles: This Feast commemorates Israel's 40 year stay in the wilderness in temporary dwellings ( booths/tents ). Tabernacles also commemorates the incarnation, when the Almighty God took up residence in the human body of His Son Yeshua!

The Last Great Day: This Feast prefigures eternity; when through the ages to come the ransomed will live with Yahweh the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and His Son Yeshua – our Redeemer!
    Yes, these are the sacred Sabbaths of the Almighty God, which we are now proclaiming to you.
    Leviticus 23: 1: And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
    2: Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

These are the only Sacred Feasts in the Bible which believers are commanded to observe.
    5. What Now?
    If you have read thus far, you will no doubt be wondering, How does this information affect me? Believe me, I sympathize with you if you are now in a dilemma. Many years ago I was in just such a situation. If all this about Christmas is correct, then how must I react? To ignore truth is obviously not a safe policy to follow: especially when it concerns the choice between Baal worship on the one hand and obedience to the commandments of God on the other. Perhaps you should do what I did when I first learned the truth about Christmas: Go to the library and check it all out. Read as many encyclopaedias, dictionaries and other reference works to see if all this is true.
    Also read AVITW booklets on the Feast days of the God of Israel and The Sacred Calendar of the God of Israel. And, when you have really studied the matter, make your choice to:
    Go along with the pagan festival of Christmas.
    Or obey the Almighty's commandments.
    There really is no other option.
    6. What About My Family?
    Many sincere folks will nervously ask: What about my family, my children, my friends? How can I possibly stop keeping Christmas; it's a family day for us and the children and grand-children all expect presents; they'll all think I've gone crazy! Well let me tell you that it was exactly the same for me and my family. I have numerous family members. Do they suffer? Do the children feel deprived. Did they understand? I can tell you that the children are the least problem. They'll understand faster than you think. Besides you no longer need to tell them all those lies about Santa Claus visiting millions of homes each Christmas with presents for good little boys and girls. Just tell them the truth: that Xmas is not a festival the Almighty wants Christians to keep and that they will get their presents on His Feast Days or on their own birthdays. Incidentally, the patriarchs of old remembered their birthdays: that's how all of them knew how old they were.
    Is it possible to stop keeping Christmas? Yes it is: tens of thousands of Christians the world over have already done so. What's more they are now keeping the Festivals of the God of Israel. Believe me, and I can speak from experience, their children and grandchildren are in no way deprived.

Summary
    According to the Scriptures Jesus Christ, Yeshua the Messiah was born in the autumn of the year; probably during the Week of Tabernacles. This extremely important Biblical Feast commemorates and foreshadows two important events:
    Israel's 40 year wanderings in the wilderness when the nation lived in temporary dwellings ( booths/tents )
    And the incarnation! when the Almighty God took up residence in the person of Yeshua the Messiah – the SON OF THE LIVING GOD!
    The early apostolic Church did not celebrate Christmas. You may read the New Testament again and again and you will find this to be the case.

Only after several centuries did the Roman Church begin to celebrate Christmas: which was – and still is – a pagan festival commemorated in honour of the SUN god, variously known as Tammuz, Mithra, Saturn, Adonis and BAAL! In order to win converts to the Christian faith the Catholic Church adopted this pagan festival, renamed it Christmas and now celebrates it in honour of the SON of GOD! Alas! the whole Christian world, with the exception of a few believers, has followed suit. But Christmas is still a pagan festival through and through. Its change of name from Saturnalia, the birthday of the Sun god, to Christ's Mass has not altered its true character one iota: and the evil spirit behind its celebrations still produces the deception, debt, drunkenness, misrule and licentiousness that characterized the pagan revelries of bygone days.

The Sacred Feasts listed in the Bible ( Leviticus chapter 23 ) are for Jewish as well as Gentile believers in the God of Israel. These divine Feasts constitute the Signature ( Sign ) of Yahweh the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

True believers must give up celebrating the heathen festivals of Christmas, Easter, Ash-Wednesday etc. and begin keeping the Bible Feasts listed in Leviticus chapter 23. There really is no other safe alternative.
    I'll end this article with a prayer that the Holy Spirit will grant you the humility, understanding and courage you will need in order to brake with paganism and take your stand for the Truth of the Almighty God as revealed in His Word.

In The Son's Name For The Father's Glory

Elders: Max W. Mader & Chris A. Yenni

Bible Feasts, What Are They?
    Christmas is not merely a Pagan festival, its adoption into the ecclesiastical calendar along with several other heathen observances ( Easter, Ash Wednesday, Halloween etc. ) has almost blinded the church to the sacred Sabbaths of Yahweh mentioned in the Bible: sacred days the whole Christian church is commanded to keep. What are these sacred times? They are:
    The Passover: This service commemorates the death of Jesus Christ, the Passover Lamb of God, who gave his life to purchase our salvation.

The Feasts of Unleavened Bread which commemorate Israel's hurried departure from Egypt when they lived on unleavened bread. Unleavened Bread also foreshadows the time when the Almighty will totally rid His household – the Church – of the leaven of sin, hypocrisy and false doctrine.

Pentecost: This Feast commemorates the out-pouring of the Holy Spirit: not just the event that happen
    ed on the day of Pentecost in apostolic times ( Acts 2 ), but also when the Most High will pour out His Spirit on His people in these last days, after we have been cleansed of every vestige of sin.

Trumpets: This Feast still awaits even partial fulfilment. It foreshadows the time when cleansed, Spirit-filled believers will proclaim the final warnings to mankind; warnings which will be preached when the terrifying events described in the book of Revelation are in progress.

The Day of Atonement: This day of fasting prefigures a time of judgment and atonement when the church will finally be brought into the very presence of the Almighty and be at-one with Him.

The Feast of Tabernacles: This Feast commemorates Israel's 40 year stay in the wilderness in temporary dwellings ( booths/tents ). Tabernacles also commemorates the incarnation, when the Almighty God took up residence in the human body of His Son Yeshua!

The Last Great Day: This Feast prefigures eternity; when through the ages to come the ransomed will live with Yahweh the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and His Son Yeshua – our Redeemer!
    Yes, these are the sacred Sabbaths of the Almighty God, which we are now proclaiming to you.
    2: Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

These are the only Sacred Feasts in the Bible which believers are commanded to observe.
    5. What Now?
    If you have read thus far, you will no doubt be wondering, How does this information affect me? Believe me, I sympathize with you if you are now in a dilemma. Many years ago I was in just such a situation. If all this about Christmas is correct, then how must I react? To ignore truth is obviously not a safe policy to follow: especially when it concerns the choice between Baal worship on the one hand and obedience to the commandments of God on the other. Perhaps you should do what I did when I first learned the truth about Christmas: Go to the library and check it all out. Read as many encyclopaedias, dictionaries and other reference works to see if all this is true.
    Also read AVITW booklets on the Feast days of the God of Israel and The Sacred Calendar of the God of Israel. And, when you have really studied the matter, make your choice to:
    6. What About My Family?
    Many sincere folks will nervously ask: What about my family, my children, my friends? How can I possibly stop keeping Christmas; it's a family day for us and the children and grand-children all expect presents; they'll all think I've gone crazy! Well let me tell you that it was exactly the same for me and my family. I have numerous family members. Do they suffer? Do the children feel deprived. Did they understand? I can tell you that the children are the least problem. They'll understand faster than you think. Besides you no longer need to tell them all those lies about Santa Claus visiting millions of homes each Christmas with presents for good little boys and girls. Just tell them the truth: that Xmas is not a festival the Almighty wants Christians to keep and that they will get their presents on His Feast Days or on their own birthdays. Incidentally, the patriarchs of old remembered their birthdays: that's how all of them knew how old they were.
    Is it possible to stop keeping Christmas? Yes it is: tens of thousands of Christians the world over have already done so. What's more they are now keeping the Festivals of the God of Israel. Believe me, and I can speak from experience, their children and grandchildren are in no way deprived.

Summary
    According to the Scriptures Jesus Christ, Yeshua the Messiah was born in the autumn of the year; probably during the Week of Tabernacles. This extremely important Biblical Feast commemorates and foreshadows two important events:
    Israel's 40 year wanderings in the wilderness when the nation lived in temporary dwellings ( booths/tents )
    And the incarnation! when the Almighty God took up residence in the person of Yeshua the Messiah – the SON OF THE LIVING GOD!
    The early apostolic Church did not celebrate Christmas. You may read the New Testament again and again and you will find this to be the case.

Only after several centuries did the Roman Church begin to celebrate Christmas: which was – and still is – a pagan festival commemorated in honour of the SUN god, variously known as Tammuz, Mithra, Saturn, Adonis and BAAL! In order to win converts to the Christian faith the Catholic Church adopted this pagan festival, renamed it Christmas and now celebrates it in honour of the SON of GOD! Alas! the whole Christian world, with the exception of a few believers, has followed suit. But Christmas is still a pagan festival through and through. Its change of name from Saturnalia, the birthday of the Sun god, to Christ's Mass has not altered its true character one iota: and the evil spirit behind its celebrations still produces the deception, debt, drunkenness, misrule and licentiousness that characterized the pagan revelries of bygone days.

The Sacred Feasts listed in the Bible ( Leviticus chapter 23 ) are for Jewish as well as Gentile believers in the God of Israel. These divine Feasts constitute the Signature ( Sign ) of Yahweh the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

True believers must give up celebrating the heathen festivals of Christmas, Easter, Ash-Wednesday etc. and begin keeping the Bible Feasts listed in Leviticus chapter 23. There really is no other safe alternative.
    I'll end this article with a prayer that the Holy Spirit will grant you the humility, understanding and courage you will need in order to brake with paganism and take your stand for the Truth of the Almighty God as revealed in His Word.

In The Son's Name For The Father's Glory

Elders: Max W. Mader & Chris A. Yenni

4. Bible Feasts, What Are They?

Pentecost: This Feast commemorates the out-pouring of the Holy Spirit: not just the event that happened on the day of Pentecost in apostolic times ( Acts 2 ), but also when the Most High will pour out His Spirit on His people in these last days, after we have been cleansed of every vestige of sin.

The Last Great Day:
    This Feast prefigures eternity; when through the ages to come the ransomed will live with Yahweh the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and His Son Yeshua – our Redeemer!

5. What Now?
    6. What About My Family?

Summary

(this came from http://www.avoiceinthewildernass.org)

Laurel
    Participant

Sorry about the repitition, I was copying and pasting and there was nothing on the screen, so I redid it untill it appeard. I posted it and then all appeared. Some kind of glitch?
    Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Today I was really sleepy. I wanted to go to church but every time I woke up, I got really sleepy and went back to bed. I am wide awake now and ready to start my work week.
    Laurel

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 17 2007,11:57)
    I really wish that satan had not deceived you like he has.

What, you wish 'satan' had not deceived me all of those years I was a believed in Jesus, or now? Because if 'satan' is deceiving me now he did so by writing the Tanakh.

Towshab
    Participant

How many 'true' Christians are in the world? Would you all be willing to take 'the test'? To prove your Christianity please handles snakes and drink poison.

Mar 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
    Mar 16:18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 18 2007,17:06)
    How many 'true' Christians are in the world? Would you all be willing to take 'the test'? To prove your Christianity please handles snakes and drink poison.

Mar 16:17  And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
    Mar 16:18  they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Tow, you obviously speak of such things with no real-life experience of such things.

Christians DO the things that are mentioned in scripture! I have done all of these things in my walk with the Lord. Picking up snakes and drinking poison – since when does a Christian have the opportunity to do this? Could this possibly be a metaphor? You bet it could. Could it mean that danger would not harm you? Sure it could.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 18 2007,01:34)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 18 2007,17:06)

Mar 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
    Mar 16:18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Tow, you obviously speak of such things with no real-life experience of such things.

Christians DO the things that are mentioned in scripture! I have done all of these things in my walk with the Lord. Picking up snakes and drinking poison – since when does a Christian have the opportunity to do this? Could this possibly be a metaphor? You bet it could. Could it mean that danger would not harm you? Sure it could.

Yes I've heard of churches that handle snakes. Those people are the ones that may be missing an eye or hand too.

But how many Christians try to drink a good slug of Drano to check out their faith?

How many documented cases of faith healing have taken place? Zero. Benny Hinn is a farce. Look in my tagline. While he may not be Paul's target (Paul was a self-loathing Jew) he certainly described many of the big time evangelists.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 18 2007,14:38)
    Well, I know this isn't the Sabbath thread, but since you all have mentioned it……

I just got up from my Sabbath rest and enjoyed a further spiritual rest this day. Whew! I'm lovin it! Praise the LORD!

That's what it's about Sis :) And hey if you really have to do something then do it. The Sabbath was made for YOU! It's a two fold rest isn't it…don't answer! This isn't the Sabbath thread :;):

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 18 2007,13:59)
    Colossians 2:16
    Let no man therefore judge you in meat and drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon; or of the sabbath days.

Stuart

Not bad Stu :)

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

What did He nail to the cross? If it were the Ten then indeed scripture contradicts itself.

1Co 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 752 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account