Jesus, THE Messiah?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 752 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Move from the trinity thread
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 12 2007,19:19)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 12 2007,23:49)
    Look up the phrase 'the Jews' in your bible. It is found 64 times in John alone and 99% of the time it a negative title.

The Encyclopaedia Brittanica records negative things like the Holocaust and that certainly paints Germans in a bad light.

Yes but that is a verifiable historical fact. Plonk.

OK, so let's omit it even though it is a true record of events.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a record may not be a record of good. Records also record bad events.

You would be naive to think that the Jews said “we love Jesus”. “Do not crucify him”. The truth is the truth and shouldn't be ignored if it looks bad.

Who says it is the 'truth'? The Christian bible? Please!

But the point Towshab is that man in general is referred to in a negative light. Although God loves man, man is sinful and needs redemption. So does the New Testament breed hatred toward mankind? No. The Pharisees, Romans, Sadducees, Jews, and Greeks all get the same treatment. Likewise in the Pentateuch, the Egyptians, Babylonians, and others get similar treatment.

Nah the Christian bible is basically Christians vs Jews who don't accept Christ. Please show me differently.

It is your biased opinion that says that the New Testament incites hatred toward the Jews or speaks negatively of them. The whole bible speaks many negative (but true) things of all men.

My opinion? History is not merely my opinion. The holocaust is predominantly the result of the Christian bible. After all in 325 CE Jesus officially became 1/3 of the three headed god. Therefore the Jews became guilty of diecide.

Anyway, if the New Testament is hatred toward the Jew, then how come I love the New Testament and especially love the Jewish people as a result. Even one of my best friends was a Jew, but sadly he passed away recently. Before reading the New Testament, I never gave the Jewish people a thought and cared little about their history just as I care little about say the Mauritania's history today.

Human nature is to love fellow man. You do this because G-d made you in His image, not because of the New fangled Testament.

If you admit it Towshab, you could also say that the Old Testament breeds hatred toward the Jews. After all the Jews ignored God often and went after other gods and suffered persecution, captivity, and other punishments. In fact God used the heathens/gentiles to discipline them at times. And God also had to bear them and their demands like wanting a king who was a man.

But they were never held responsible in the Tanakh of killing a 'god'.

I just think you are biased Towshab.

However I also think that this discussion should be about the Trinity as the title says.

Moved.

Not biased just saddened that Jews have been killed and persecuted over a fictional book called the New Testament.

Morningstar
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 14 2007,14:02)
    Move from the trinity thread
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 12 2007,19:19)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 12 2007,23:49)
    Look up the phrase 'the Jews' in your bible. It is found 64 times in John alone and 99% of the time it a negative title.

The Encyclopaedia Brittanica records negative things like the Holocaust and that certainly paints Germans in a bad light.

Yes but that is a verifiable historical fact. Plonk.

OK, so let's omit it even though it is a true record of events.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a record may not be a record of good. Records also record bad events.

You would be naive to think that the Jews said “we love Jesus”. “Do not crucify him”. The truth is the truth and shouldn't be ignored if it looks bad.

Who says it is the 'truth'? The Christian bible? Please!

But the point Towshab is that man in general is referred to in a negative light. Although God loves man, man is sinful and needs redemption. So does the New Testament breed hatred toward mankind? No. The Pharisees, Romans, Sadducees, Jews, and Greeks all get the same treatment. Likewise in the Pentateuch, the Egyptians, Babylonians, and others get similar treatment.

Nah the Christian bible is basically Christians vs Jews who don't accept Christ. Please show me differently.

It is your biased opinion that says that the New Testament incites hatred toward the Jews or speaks negatively of them. The whole bible speaks many negative (but true) things of all men.

My opinion? History is not merely my opinion. The holocaust is predominantly the result of the Christian bible. After all in 325 CE  Jesus officially became 1/3 of the three headed god. Therefore the Jews became guilty of diecide.

Anyway, if the New Testament is hatred toward the Jew, then how come I love the New Testament and especially love the Jewish people as a result. Even one of my best friends was a Jew, but sadly he passed away recently. Before reading the New Testament, I never gave the Jewish people a thought and cared little about their history just as I care little about say the Mauritania's history today.

Human nature is to love fellow man. You do this because G-d made you in His image, not because of the New fangled Testament.

If you admit it Towshab, you could also say that the Old Testament breeds hatred toward the Jews. After all the Jews ignored God often and went after other gods and suffered persecution, captivity, and other punishments. In fact God used the heathens/gentiles to discipline them at times. And God also had to bear them and their demands like wanting a king who was a man.

But they were never held responsible in the Tanakh of killing a 'god'.

I just think you are biased Towshab.

However I also think that this discussion should be about the Trinity as the title says.

Moved.

Not biased just saddened that Jews have been killed and persecuted over a fictional book called the New Testament.

the old testament is almost nothing but God against the Jews. Angered at disobedience.

honestly, why would the son of God who is in the exact image of the Father be any different?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 13 2007,21:15)
    the old testament is almost nothing but God against the Jews. Angered at disobedience.

honestly, why would the son of God who is in the exact image of the Father be any different?

Yes but until the GT took this to the 'nations' it remained among the Jews. The Christian bible took the hatred of Jews to the world.

Morningstar
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 14 2007,14:17)

Yes but until the GT took this to the 'nations' it remained among the Jews. The Christian bible took the hatred of Jews to the world.

Satan did that as he is in control of the goverments of this world.

Propaganda of men and goverments.

Morningstar
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 14 2007,14:19)

Let me Clarify:

God allowed Satan to do this.

The Old Testament is very clear on who controls world goverments.

GOD!

So ask yourselve this very seriously now.

Who allowed the Jews to be taken into captivity?
    Who allowed the Jews to go through the Holocaust?

Not easy questions, but to act as if God is no longer sovereign and blame it all on the Christians is not being honest.

Morningstar
    Participant

just a guess here.

does GT stand for Goyim testament?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 13 2007,21:19)

Show me this same ideal reflected in the Tanakh.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 13 2007,21:25)

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 14 2007,14:19)

Let me Clarify:

God allowed Satan to do this.

The Old Testament is very clear on who controls world goverments.

GOD!

So ask yourselve this very seriously now.

Who allowed the Jews to be taken into captivity?
    Who allowed the Jews to go through the Holocaust?

Not easy questions, but to act as if God is no longer sovereign and blame it all on the Christians is not being honest.

The better question is who allowed billions of Gentiles to be mislead?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 13 2007,21:42)

just a guess here.

does GT stand for Goyim testament?

Greek text. Most Jews deny anything written in Greek, including the LXX as you know.

Towshab
    Participant

If you all have the time, listen to the Let's Get Biblical series by Rabbi Tovia Singer. He sounds like Jerry Springer but he is great nonetheless.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/audio/anti-missionary-mp3s.htm

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 13 2007,22:24)
    If you all have the time, listen to the Let's Get Biblical series by Rabbi Tovia Singer. He sounds like Jerry Springer but he is great nonetheless.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/audio/anti-missionary-mp3s.htm

Sorry meant Jerry Seinfield!

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 14 2007,12:28)

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 13 2007,11:06)
    Tow said,
    “Haha, no. Jesus is not 'Jehovah'. If you call on Jesus you are calling on a man, Jesus. Not G-d.”

Tow,
    I don't read much of your garbage, but this caught my attention.  And yes, Y'shua means the Salvation of Yah in Hebrew.  He came in His Father's Name, and you do not receive Him.
    If another comes in his own name, him you will receive!

If you are so up on Jewish scripture please point me to the passage that we must believe on the Messiah in the Tanakh. The end times Moshiach won't need to be 'accepted' because all will know who he is. When you great great grandmother knocks on your door and we have world peace you'll know he is here  :;):.

Exo 12:42 It is a night to be much observed unto the LORD for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the LORD to be observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.
    Exo 12:43 to And the LORD said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof:

Do ask me to make you understand it, it's not my job. I can say this: Unbelief does not change reality!

Laurel
    Participant

Tow,
    By the time He returns to proove it to those left over, it will be too late. There is only one way and that is by belief, just like Abraham.

If I told you I had a blue marble in my hand you could say I was tricking you. My daughter would giggle because she knows me and that I am not a prankster, but a very sincere person, so she knows there is a blue marble in my hand.

When I open my hand, and you see the blue marble, your proof means nothing, because it was not by belief.

Laurel

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 14 2007,11:19)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 14 2007,12:28)

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 13 2007,11:06)
    Tow said,
    “Haha, no. Jesus is not 'Jehovah'. If you call on Jesus you are calling on a man, Jesus. Not G-d.”

Tow,
    I don't read much of your garbage, but this caught my attention. And yes, Y'shua means the Salvation of Yah in Hebrew. He came in His Father's Name, and you do not receive Him.
    If another comes in his own name, him you will receive!

If you are so up on Jewish scripture please point me to the passage that we must believe on the Messiah in the Tanakh. The end times Moshiach won't need to be 'accepted' because all will know who he is. When you great great grandmother knocks on your door and we have world peace you'll know he is here :;):.

Exo 12:42 It is a night to be much observed unto the LORD for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the LORD to be observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.
    Exo 12:43 to And the LORD said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof:

Do ask me to make you understand it, it's not my job. I can say this: Unbelief does not change reality!

That was your passage that shows we must believe on the Moshiach for eternal life? OK…

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 14 2007,11:24)
    Tow,
    By the time He returns to proove it to those left over, it will be too late. There is only one way and that is by belief, just like Abraham.

If I told you I had a blue marble in my hand you could say I was tricking you. My daughter would giggle because she knows me and that I am not a prankster, but a very sincere person, so she knows there is a blue marble in my hand.

When I open my hand, and you see the blue marble, your proof means nothing, because it was not by belief.

Laurel

Do you know why Abraham believed?

Towshab
    Participant

Christianity claims that Jesus was to be like Moses. Lets check that out.

(1) Moses was a Levite, Jesus was not.
    (2) Moses led G-d's people out of the bondage of another nation, Jesus did not.
    (3) Moses was a lawgiver, Jesus was not.
    (4) Moses spoke with YHVH, Jesus only spoke with 'Satan'.
    (5) Moses was accepted by his people as a prophet, Jesus was not.
    (6) Moses had the support of a nation, Jesus only had a band of followers.
    (7) Moses did not work on the Sabbath, Jesus did.
    (8) Moses said to honor parents, Jesus said to hate them (Luke 14:26).
    (9) Moses' memory is sacred to Jews, Jesus' memory has resulted in the persecution and death of Jews.

A prophet like Moses? I don't think so.

Towshab
    Participant

For all of you John lovers and people who want to believe that Jesus had an eternal existence, here's a favorite:

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Really? Just Jesus the 'son of man'? And how can he have been in heaven while he said this on earth?

Heb 11:5 [ESV] By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God.

2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Guess he forgot about those two guys.

Morningstar
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 15 2007,05:13)
    For all of you John lovers and people who want to believe that Jesus had an eternal existence, here's a favorite:

Joh 3:13  And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Really? Just Jesus the 'son of man'? And how can he have been in heaven while he said this on earth?

Heb 11:5 [ESV]  By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God.

2Ki 2:11  And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Guess he forgot about those two guys.

Read the book of enoch. Neither of those guys went to heaven. They went to paradise. Which according to those books is not heaven.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Laurel Do you realize who you are talking to? You do not belief in Jesus that He came to this earth and Died for us and was barried and on the third day He rose from the dead and sits on the right hand of our Father in Heaven. Guess what Tow does not belief that, so what does scripture tell you who He is? So you want to talk to Anti-Christ? Of course you would probably not going to belief me, but that is alright, just a warning. My mission is to rebuke Tow on this website.

Peace and Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

I give up, it seems that Anti-Christ is going to win in the end. It is just the time of the end, right, Morningstar.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 752 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account