Jesus said

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 19 2011,07:06)
    Hi Everyone,

Our next section of scripture to use to share our understandings is Matthew 4:12-17.

Matthew 4:12-17 (King James Version)

12Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;

13And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:

14That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

15The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

16The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

17From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

It would be great if people would share thier understandings based on thier relationship with Jesus, God, and the scriptures.

With Love and Respect,
                                         Wispring

My thoughts: John prepared the way for Jesus with a symbolic act of physical water Baptism or physical body washing reflecting the greater event coming of spiritual Baptism. Washing with the water of the word/spirit of God!

To those in religious darkness, mentally apart from God through wrong thinking in sin and mental separation from God he said, “repent”,(grk: metanoeo:…think differently afterwards, reconsider your thoughts, change, transfigure, transform…)

To understand the covenant change that was taking place, one must see and hear spiritually. Pictures, dreams, visions of the mind/heart. Physical, ritual, works & deeds religion were passing and the true way to connect with God was by faith in the spirit/words of God through Jesus Christ. Only believe!!

A new temple being made without hands, was to be built with the spirit words of God through Jesus. Now, true worshipers will worship God in spirit of truth. To worship God one must accept, believe, and receive Gods words/spirit, which is Jesus the foundation, Jesus the walls, Jesus the cornerstone, Jesus the capstone,Jesus the light of the temple, Jesus the door, Jesus the final sacrifice, Jesus is the Kingdom(ruling power) of God within the minds/hearts of his children.

The Kingdom/ruling words of God through Jesus create the body of Christ, the church, the Kingdom of God and the new Temple.
    Jesus made us Kings and Priest of the true way of God.

Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords. The Kingdom at that time was at hand or in reach.(Luke17:20)(Matt.12:28)

…Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done in earth, and on earth!

To those in religious darkness he said, transform your mind or repent or recreate you mind to spirit or be born again with the words/spirit of God through Jesus words. IMO, TK

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 20 2011,14:19)
    Hi Kerwin,
      Thank you for your post. I have been reading your posts lately and my respect for you knowledge of God and biblical scripture has deepened.
      My understanding of these words of Christ Jesus is that since John the Baptizer was prophet of God heralding the coming of Christ Jesus; this is his way of dovetailing that event with the beginning of his mission. Jesus was fully aware of the ungodliness of many of the people he would be talking to and he wanted to let them know the first step to getting back in God's good graces was acknowledging one's sins and petitioning God for mercy, guidance, and correction.

With Love and Respect,
                                                     Wispring

Thank you for thre compliment but all I do is only done according to the Grace of God. Praise his name for his great and loving deeds.

What you wrote sounds correct to my ears.

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings Wispring…… Jesus has said many things to multiple numbers of people for specific reasons,each dealing with a time and place and purpose…He was a teacher and he employed parables and ambiguities for the purpose of confusion for the sake of the learned and the wise….There were several issues that he was perfectly clear and unrelenting,one of which he came to full fill the scriptures which spoke of his messianic mission and the other was to preach the Gospel/Good News of the coming kingdom/government of God…In addition he also said that he did not come to change neither a dot or a titl of the law and the scripture that contains it….This is a good thread and will be a learning experience for everyone…

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ April 21 2011,00:34)
    Greetings Wispring…… Jesus has said many things to multiple numbers of people for specific reasons,each dealing with a time and place and purpose…He was a teacher and he employed parables and ambiguities for the purpose of confusion for the sake of the learned and the wise….There were several issues that he was perfectly clear and unrelenting,one of which he came to full fill the scriptures which spoke of his messianic mission and the other was to preach the Gospel/Good News of the coming kingdom/government of God…In addition he also said that he did not come to change neither a dot or a titl of the law and the scripture that contains it….This is a good thread and will be a learning experience for everyone…

Theodore: I am surprised at you misquote's.

Now place in Jesus teaching was the “Kingdom of God” referred to as a “Government”.

In fact a Kingdom of “Love” would be contrary to any form of “govenment”!

Also you wrote:…Jesus said that he did not come to change neither a jot nor titl of the law….You failed to add the rest of that statement….”till all be fulfilled”…!

Jesus fulfilled the entire plan of salvation for God. When he said it is finished he had fulfilled every requirement God had sent him to accomplish to establish the new covenant. IMO,TK

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Tim and theodorej,

As the starter of this thread I am going to nip this in the bud. If you want to discuss/debate whether the Kingdom of God is a governmental structure or not go create another thread. Theodorej, by the way, I may be dense, but, what is your understanding of the specifice words of Jesus “Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand“. I cannot discern it in your post.

With Love and Respect,
                                                               Wispring

seekingtruth
    Participant

Wispring

16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. 17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jesus brought understanding (light), not so much to those who sought God but mainly to those who had rejected God feeling He was unattainable. The confrontations Jesus had with the self-righteous gave hope to the simplicity of repentance and living in a trust placed in God. This would bring about the Kingdom of Heaven, a body of people where God's will is done right in the middle of satan's domain (the beginning of Christ's ultimate Kingdom).

My opinion – Wm

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 21 2011,04:29)
    Now place in Jesus teaching was the “Kingdom of God” referred to as a “Government”.

Really?

How about the words of one of the greatest Major Prophets that ever lived…

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the *GOVERNMENT* shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his *GOVERNMENT* and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. Isa 9:6, 7  :)

WJ

Wispring
    Participant

Hi WJ,

I am glad you decided to interact with this thread. Could you also respond to the OP?

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Tim Kraft
    Participant

I appologize to both WJ and this thread. I was wrong but won't go into it in my defense. God Bless, TK

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    That's O.K.. I was aware of the the scripture that WJ posted I just didn't want to stray from the OP is all. I also think that God's Kingdom has some kind of governmental structure. How it is shaped. How it functions in all it's minutae I truly do not know. Just knowing that Christ Jesus is King of Kings and God is ruler over all and that all of God's people are my brethern is good enough for me for now.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Istari
    Participant

Point of Order:

No place in JESUS' TEACHING was there mention of Government… Jesus himself did not teach concerning Government but that it was Prophesied about him…
    Jesus died in Sin ( taking on the Sins of the whole human race) – yet he himself did not sin.

Just a point of order – not a dramatic slam.

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Istari,
    Thanks for interacting with this thread. Could you now respond to the OP please? Or not, freedom of choice being a given.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Anonymous

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate? I'll just check back at https://www.heavennet.net for you later. online poker games

Wispring
    Participant

To everyone,
      I would like to thank all those who fellowshiped and shared thier understandings. I will not stray from the scope and purpose of this thread. It is not for debate. It is for fellowshipping. It is for freely speaking one's mind about one's own understanding of scriptue that God has given to each person who believes in him to understand. If your desire is to debate or textually attack someone who expresses an understanding in this thread; take it to PM or start a seperate debate thread. I truly believe that the things Jesus said are the true core/foundation of Christianity. Not a world-wide organized church's theology built up for close to 2,000 years. Not net notes in an on-line bible resource web-site(I do like this resource though). Not respected commentators of the bible (though I do respect them). My point is that Christ Jesus told us that we are to love him and keep his words then both the Father(God) and he will dwell in us and we as a result will also inherit the Kingdom of God. Jesus told us that the Spirit of Truth will guide us to all truth. Yes, I appreciate, honor, and respect everything written by Paul,by Luke in Acts, and the other epistles as well. Thing is; they are not what Jesus said. Only Jesus is the way, the light, and the truth. My personal relationship with Jesus is based on the things he said that are recorded in the bible. This is where my spiritual journey towards God begins. My destination, my hope, is unification with God in this life and the next. Jesus told me that those who do the will of God are his brothers and sisters. By the way, having more than one personality living in one's mind while not being considered a professional actor is psychologically considered to be multiple-personality disorder. It is no wonder that followers of Christ Jesus have been persecuted for 2,000 years and will most likely continue to be persecuted. The way people used words and worded things was different 2000 years ago. Paul's teachings about having the Christ mind are what make the most sense to me without having some sort of psychological disorder. How I rationalize it is like this. The Christ mind has all the attributes that God considers to be most holy, righteous, noble. The word high-mindedness kind of describes this. A follower of Christ Jesus would allow Jesus to be the leader/Teacher. Leading the student/disciple to be like the teacher as a result. Just like Jesus said. A disciple of Christ Jesus has his or her mind up-lifted, refined, cultured via putting his teachings to practical use in day-to-day life to be acceptable to God. There are many learned and scriptually educated people posting on this site. I have learned more about Jesus, the Spirit of Truth and God from everyone here, simply due to the fact that everyone here has some of the “ALL TRUTH” that is God.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                               Wispring

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Wispring. Hadnt seen you here in a while.

So, whats the next verse?

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,
      I have been following my own advice and have been reading Matthew, Mark, Luke, John alot lately. Living life as a disciple of Christ Jesus is not an easy activity IMO. It is far easier to debate/argue then it is to be a true follower of Christ Jesus. I have been re-dedicating my life to God and truly doing my best to read the bible with the mind of child/beginner. I personally think Jesus is a very down-to-earth person. I don't like massive theological discourse. I researched on the web the various schools of theological thought, decided that for the most part they are all nonsense,made mountains out of molehills, and decided I would just go with what Jesus said for any theology i may need. All those thousands of people that believed in/on Jesus that I read about in the bible didn't need alot of theological knowledge, therefore, I don't believe I need it either. Learning a little Greek and Hebrew has helped my understanding the information presented in the bible. I am happy to have been given the opportunity to write about my understandings of things that are written about in the bible. While I will humbly admit that my “scriptural knowledge” is not as in-depth as many, it is infused with a true love of Christ Jesus and God and this in itself justifies my thoughts on biblical interpretations/understandings. If anything I write in my posts helps to strengthen anyones faith and relationship with Christ Jesus and God then I thank God that he has guided me to achieving such a fine thing.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                        Wispring

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Here are the next scritpures up for sharing our understandings of:

Matthew 5:1-12 (King James Version)

Matthew 5
    1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Now right before this is where Jesus called Peter, Andrew, James and John to follow him and be taught by him to make them fishers of men. This scripture is so straight-forward that i decided to simple go forward to the beautitudes.
      I would like for any who are interested in posting their understanding of these scriptures do so in thier own words based on thier relationship with Christ Jesus, God, and the scriptures.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                    Wispring

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ May 09 2011,18:15)
    Hi Shimmer,
      I have been following my own advice and have been reading Matthew, Mark, Luke, John alot lately. Living life as a disciple of Christ Jesus is not an easy activity IMO. It is far easier to debate/argue then it is to be a true follower of Christ Jesus. I have been re-dedicating my life to God and truly doing my best to read the bible with the mind of child/beginner. I personally think Jesus is a very down-to-earth person. I don't like massive theological discourse. I researched on the web the various schools of theological thought, decided that for the most part they are all nonsense,made mountains out of molehills, and decided I would just go with what Jesus said for any theology i may need. All those thousands of people that believed in/on Jesus that I read about in the bible didn't need alot of theological knowledge, therefore, I don't believe I need it either. Learning a little Greek and Hebrew has helped my understanding the information presented in the bible. I am happy to have been given the opportunity to write about my understandings of things that are written about in the bible. While I will humbly admit that my “scriptural knowledge” is not as in-depth as many, it is infused with a true love of Christ Jesus and God and this in itself justifies my thoughts on biblical interpretations/understandings. If anything I write in my posts helps to strengthen anyones faith and relationship with Christ Jesus and God then I thank God that he has guided me to achieving such a fine thing.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                        Wispring

Wispring, you know, I completly agree with that.

'Verily I say to you, if ye may not be turned and become as the children, ye may not enter into the reign of the heavens.

I really get that.

shimmer
    Participant

I will say it again to you Wispring, after reading it again. That was a good post, it had so much truth in it.

shimmer
    Participant

Hi.

Jesus was speaking to the crowds who had followed him. Was it what they wanted to hear? Maybe not all of them.

Those who Jesus said would would recieve a reward and were noticed by God were the poor in spirit, the mourners, the meek, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, the persecuted, and those reviled, with all manner of evil falsely against them.

Seven woes were given in contrast in Matthew 23 to he Scribes and Pharisees (“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!”).

My two cents worth.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account