Jesus said you must love all muslims and not judge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Why would you want to be judged for judging others?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Let the dead bury the dead?
    Their choices are theirs alone and lets just love them.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 12 2009,10:18)

Yes, we love Muslims. Or, rather, we are commanded and called to. Loving ANYONE is a life long pursuit. And a good one at that.

As to judging, we cannot judge another man's intentions or his heart. In this we do not judge. However, we DO judge actions and beliefs based upon their merits.

If you are a rapist, you better believe that I will both say what you do is sin and would not have a problem with someone calling you that. (That is providing that proof of your guilt is beyond a reasonable doubt.) If you were repentant and pursuing works of penance for your sin, I would want to refrain from calling you a rapist.

So if you are a Muslim, it is not a bad judgment for me to call your religion false. Making that judgment is well within bounds.

What I would NOT want to do is make a judgment about all Muslims and say “Muslims hate Christians” or “Muslims are all filled with hate”. That would be judging the man. That is something we are commanded not to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cA,
    Same with catholicism really.
    They have created their own icon god which they call trinity.
    The gospel of Jesus open the way to to fellowship with the Father and the Son in the Spirit.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 12 2009,12:04)

Yes, we love Muslims.  Or, rather, we are commanded and called to.  Loving ANYONE is a life long pursuit.  And a good one at that.

As to judging, we cannot judge another man's intentions or his heart.  In this we do not judge.  However, we DO judge actions and beliefs based upon their merits.

If you are a rapist, you better believe that I will both say what you do is sin and would not have a problem with someone calling you that.  (That is providing that proof of your guilt is beyond a reasonable doubt.)  If you were repentant and pursuing works of penance for your sin, I would want to refrain from calling you a rapist.

So if you are a Muslim, it is not a bad judgment for me to call your religion false.  Making that judgment is well within bounds.

What I would NOT want to do is make a judgment about all Muslims and say “Muslims hate Christians” or “Muslims are all filled with hate”.  That would be judging the man.  That is something we are commanded not to do.

But your Pope has called Islam a TRUE RELIGION, Is your Pope a Liar?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Matthew 7
    1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

John 8:14-16 (King James Version)

15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Luke 6:36-38 (King James Version)

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

If you condemn any Muslim you are sinning and if you have not love in your heart for every Muslim you are in danger of Hell Fire

bodhitharta
    Participant

This article was first published in the USA Today, April 6th, 2005.

Four years ago, Pope John Paul II appeared at one of the oldest mosques in the Islamic world, the Ummayad Mosque in Damascus, Syria. It is deeply cherished by Muslims and Christians because it is believed to be the tomb of Prophet Yahya (John the Baptist to Christians). During the visit, he said: “It is my ardent hope that Muslim and Christian religious leaders and teachers will present our two great religious communities as communities in respectful dialogue, never more as communities in conflict.”

For centuries, Muslims have felt alienated by Christianity. Though Muslims recognize Christianity as a revealed religion of God, Christian denominations have rejected Islam as heresy and waged holy wars against it. Despite theological disagreements with Islam, Pope John Paul II departed from this historical practice. He always considered Muslims as a fellow spiritual community deserving of respect and admiration.

Islam and Christianity share a majority of their beliefs. The principle value of the unity of divinity, the prophets, Jesus and Mary, Jerusalem and the promise of life after life are all common to both faiths. The Koran, the book that Muslims believe is the direct revelations from God, acknowledges Judaism and Christianity as precursors and early forms of Islam.

Today, through the efforts of John Paul II as a pioneer in interfaith bridge-building, Muslims, too, feel as though Catholicism has started to reciprocate and recognize Islam and Muslims as partners in spirituality.

On the death of this pope, Muslims all over the world are expressing their sorrow and solidarity with the Catholic community. Muslims see John Paul II as a dear friend who reached out to us repeatedly. He was not only our religious partner in worshipping the one God, but he also was a political ally who frequently spoke up for the rights of all peoples, including Muslims.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Catholicism and your religion are both of the god of this world.
    That makes you brothers.

eveh
    Participant

In this world we often judge others by the groups they belong to and that is wrong. Christians do that also whether we admit it or not. I have been thinking all day about 911, with all the news on what happened. I do remember having bad feeling about Muslims right afterwards. It was a long time before I realized that not all Muslims are radical. But even now, I feel uncomfortable around a group of Muslims. I am working on it.

In the end, we will stand before God as an individual. We were all sinners before we came to know Jesus. Who is to say which one of these Muslim men or women will come to accept Jesus as their Savior? We should judge no one based on their religion, skin color, nationality or anything else. We all have come short of the glory of God. That means Christians as well as Muslims, Catholics, Jewish or whatever religion you profess. We all need a Savior and that Savior is Jesus Christ.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 12 2009,16:14)

Four years ago, Pope John Paul II appeared at one of the oldest mosques in the Islamic world, the Ummayad Mosque in Damascus, Syria. It is deeply cherished by Muslims and Christians because it is believed to be the tomb of Prophet Yahya (John the Baptist to Christians). During the visit, he said: “It is my ardent hope that Muslim and Christian religious leaders and teachers will present our two great religious communities as communities in respectful dialogue, never more as communities in conflict.”

For centuries, Muslims have felt alienated by Christianity. Though Muslims recognize Christianity as a revealed religion of God, Christian denominations have rejected Islam as heresy and waged holy wars against it. Despite theological disagreements with Islam, Pope John Paul II departed from this historical practice. He always considered Muslims as a fellow spiritual community deserving of respect and admiration.

Islam and Christianity share a majority of their beliefs. The principle value of the unity of divinity, the prophets, Jesus and Mary, Jerusalem and the promise of life after life are all common to both faiths. The Koran, the book that Muslims believe is the direct revelations from God, acknowledges Judaism and Christianity as precursors and early forms of Islam.

Today, through the efforts of John Paul II as a pioneer in interfaith bridge-building, Muslims, too, feel as though Catholicism has started to reciprocate and recognize Islam and Muslims as partners in spirituality.

On the death of this pope, Muslims all over the world are expressing their sorrow and solidarity with the Catholic community. Muslims see John Paul II as a dear friend who reached out to us repeatedly. He was not only our religious partner in worshipping the one God, but he also was a political ally who frequently spoke up for the rights of all peoples, including Muslims.

He never said you were the true religion. It is a lot easier to lead a horse into the barn with sugar cubes than with a whip.

All you can find is methods and flowery rhetoric. But it is unchangeable dogma that your religion of Islam is heretical. That will never change.

I'm calling you to repent and turn to God. As John Paul II would have put it, “open your doors to Christ.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    The catholic church uses death and torture less often these days.
    But what an evil history.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 12 2009,19:43)

He never said you were the true religion.  It is a lot easier to lead a horse into the barn with sugar cubes than with a whip.

All you can find is methods and flowery rhetoric.  But it is unchangeable dogma that your religion of Islam is heretical.  That will never change.

I'm calling you to repent and turn to God.  As John Paul II would have put it, “open your doors to Christ.”

Why did the Pope pray in the Mosque?

If you don't accept a religion you certainly don't pray in the place they worship. You do not even believe your own Pope so that means you don't accept the Bible or the Oral tradition

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 13 2009,06:25)

CatholicApologist,Sep. wrote:

[quote=bodhitharta,Sep. 12 2009,16:14]

If you don't accept a religion you certainly don't pray in the place they worship. You do not even believe your own Pope so that means you don't accept the Bible or the Oral tradition

Last time I checked Christians can pray anywhere since God is everywhere.

Your premise if faulty. Go read our Bible and Oral Tradition. You'll see a different story than what you are assuming.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    The bible makes your tradition a pack of foolish lies.
    Why not trust the revelation of God over the speculations of men?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 13 2009,06:25)

He never said you were the true religion.  It is a lot easier to lead a horse into the barn with sugar cubes than with a whip.

All you can find is methods and flowery rhetoric.  But it is unchangeable dogma that your religion of Islam is heretical.  That will never change.

I'm calling you to repent and turn to God.  As John Paul II would have put it, “open your doors to Christ.”

Your're stuck in the old covenant dude. God was to be worshiped in Jerusalem the city of the great king. But Jesus said the hour was coming when men would no longer be required to worship in Jerusalem. He said that God seeks those who worship in spirit and in truth. Paul ate meat offered to idols TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

If you are going to insist on the old covenant form of worship then you should book the next flight to Jerusalem and worship there.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Do you want me to turn to God or Christ? Isn't Christ a mediator?

Paladin
    Participant

If “judge not that ye be not judged” is where you get “Jesus said to love all muslims” I could plug in “Jesus said to love Macaroni and cheese.” You see, “macaroni and cheese ” are not in the verse, and neither are Muslims. It is not a people oriented statement, is is a statement focused on “judging and being judged.”

If Muslims want to be loved in this society, it would be nice if they would ostracise the killers that hide in their midst long enough to locate and identify their next victims. Stop the bombing by people who hide among your worshippers, under the guise of “peace loving citizens” when murder is what is really in their hearts.

You say you cannot read their hearts? Read the actions of their teachers and stop the radical teaching. THAT will go a long way toward stopping the murdering liars found among you.

Quote (Paladin @ Sep. 16 2009,00:25)

If “judge not that ye be not judged” is where you get “Jesus said to love all muslims” I could plug in “Jesus said to love Macaroni and cheese.” You see, “macaroni and cheese ” are not in the verse, and neither are Muslims. It is not a people oriented statement, is is a statement focused on “judging and being judged.”

If Muslims want to be loved in this society, it would be nice if they would ostracise the killers that hide in their midst long enough to locate and identify their next victims. Stop the bombing by people who hide among your worshippers, under the guise of “peace loving citizens” when murder is what is really in their hearts.

You say you cannot read their hearts? Read the actions of their teachers and stop the radical teaching. THAT will go a long way toward stopping the murdering liars found among you.

Generalizations are NOT helpful to our dialogue here. You can't paint all Muslims with a broad brush. You don't know what is in ANY man's heart. Only God does.

Fundamentalist Protestants like to put everything in a nice little box. But it's hard to do that with people. Most Muslims are not converts like BD.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Sep. 16 2009,00:25)

“You Judge after the flesh, I judge no man”

Jesus Christ

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 16 2009,16:39)

Paladin,Sep. wrote:

[quote=bodhitharta,Sep. 12 2009,10:18]
    “You Judge after the flesh, I judge no man”

Jesus Christ

Why are you quoting from a book you don't even believe is accurate? Who do you think you're fooling?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account