Jesus or Satan?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So how does a sinner approach God and where?

Towshab
    Participant

Directly, and where you are.

Psa 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

Isa 55:6 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Sin is a problem.
    You admit you are a sinner.
    You claim you do not need forgiveness to come close to God?

Towshab
    Participant

No those are your words. Repentance does not require a middle man.

Hos 14:2 Take with you words and return to the LORD; say to him, “Take away all iniquity; accept what is good, and we will pay with bulls the vows of our lips.

Read that and understand it. Repentant prayer is accepted in place of sacrifice. The Christian CEV makes it more clear for you:

Hos 14:2 (CEV) Return to the LORD and say, “Please forgive our sins. Accept our good sacrifices of praise instead of bulls.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    The jewish prophet John came with a message for all men about the Christ.
    He warned that ignoring the opportunity was to remain under the wrath of God.
    Scripture does not teach that all men can develop their own means of saving themselves.

Thos who try fail.

Towshab
    Participant

I don't look to my own means. Besides, I am not looking to get 'saved'. That is a Christian word which basically means 'fire insurance'.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So you stand on the hope that all men will be safe from the wrath of God because they are sons of Adam?
    Or perhaps only the really bad people will not be?

Towshab
    Participant

Sorry, but if you accept that we were all created in G-d's image, then you will accept your fellow man, faults included.

Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 19 2007,15:57)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 18 2007,16:53)

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 19 2007,00:18)
    Since Christians say Satan is a literal spiritual being, and his whole existence is supposedly dedicated to deceiving, here is a question for you to answer:

Paul never met Jesus. Paul often called what he wrote 'my gospel' rather than the gospel of Jesus. Jesus told men to keep the commandments, Paul told them grace was all sufficient.

Therefore, since Paul never met Jesus, what proof is there that the voice that Paul encountered on the road to Damascus was not that of Satan?

Hi Tow:

I said I wouldn't reply to your posts any longer, but what you are saying about grace and the Apostle Paul is not true.  The following scripture will show that what you are saying is not true:

Romans 6 – Study This Chapter

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed F21 from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments F22 of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 WHAT THEN? SHALL WE SIN, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE? GOD FORBID. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which F23 was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Nothing in Romans 6 supports what you say.

Rom 6:7  For one who has died has been set free from sin.

That is pure rubbish, unless you speak of the final death. But you know that Paul means a different death, a death to self. Still, as we live in this life, none are totally free from sin so Paul is a liar here.

No tow, You are just reacting and not reading what has been posted for you to read.

You said:

Jesus told men to keep the commandments, Paul told them grace was all sufficient.

And Paul in Romans 6 states:

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

And,

15 WHAT THEN? SHALL WE SIN, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE? GOD FORBID. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

And so, is your statement about what Paul said true or false?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    And do you hope God thinks like you?
    If you accept scripture you will find He does not and He has the final say.
    After all He has told us His plan in the sacred writings and wise men will earnestly seek it there.

Towshab
    Participant

Ah, once again, Nick Hassan bows at the altar of written words. Do you dance with a bible clutched in your arms? KJV?

Son of Light
    Participant

What if your disagreement, Tow, is with Paul and not Jesus?

Towshab
    Participant

SOL,

Anything that disagrees with Tanakh in the GT. That would include most of Paul's writings, Hebrews, pagan insertions into Jesus' life…well then, most of the GT.

Towshab
    Participant

Whoops, sorry, misunderstood your statement. I have disagreements with with Jesus too because what was written of him is anti-Torah in some places.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 23 2007,09:58)
    SOL,

Anything that disagrees with Tanakh in the GT. That would include most of Paul's writings, Hebrews, pagan insertions into Jesus' life…well then, most of the GT.

Hio Tow,
    But you disagree with much of the tanakh so why bother comparing them?

Towshab
    Participant

Because I agree with most of the Tanakh and very little of the GT because, well, it agrees with very little of the Tanakh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    If you reject the OT in part you reject it all.
    If one word recorded is untrue then all is suspect.
    You seem only to agree with what fits your own religion.

Towshab
    Participant

Sorry but what you have stated is merely your own opinion of things. Since you believe that the GT is 100% true, can you please drink a cup of Drano and handle some snakes? I would like to see if you are a true believer.

Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 23 2007,13:33)
    Sorry but what you have stated is merely your own opinion of things. Since you believe that the GT is 100% true, can you please drink a cup of Drano and handle some snakes? I would like to see if you are a true believer.

Or, maybe he could turn the stones into bread or jump off of the pinnicale of the temple to prove to you that he is a believer?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 22 2007,21:41)

Quote (Towshab @ Dec. 23 2007,13:33)

Or, maybe he could turn the stones into bread or jump off of the pinnicale of the temple to prove to you that he is a believer?

Nah, that was Jesus, but he DID say this:

Joh 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Lets' see…since Jesus healed and raised the dead, then I would expect that, according to Jesus' own words, those who believe in him would be able to do the same if not more. So, which Christian on this board has ever raised some from the dead? Walked on water? Healed a blind man? Cured leprosy? Turned water into wine? Calmed a storm?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 225 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account