Jesus name people of new zealand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    hiller84
    Participant

I took a missionary trip to New Zealand last year for about three months.  I was there between October thru December.  My church believes in Jesus name (non-Trinitarian) and Jesus name baptism along with other things.  You may believe a little differently but I was thinking that since we truly see Jesus as God.  You and your organization could team up to make headway in New Zealand for Jesus name people.  I was told that the missionary there was trying to do a show on life fm or some other wide spread radio station but was denied due to the fact that he deigned the trinity and this doctrine was viewed as a cult.  He is currently on a a.m. radio station (I believe) and has been for sometime now.  I am only asking you to team up with others in New Zealand with like faith just to put out Jesus name.  You may e-mail me if you have any questions or if you would like to contact the missionary I was talking about.

~God Bless
    Zac Hiller
    My Webpage

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H84,
    Many of us too believe in baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
    It is the true baptism as shown by the work of the apostles in Acts.
    But God is God.
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    Jesus is the mediator between God and man.
    Our God is his God too.

That is what the gospel of Jesus Christ says.

Perhaps you are looking for those of the Oneness faith?

david
    Participant

I am only asking you to team up with others in New Zealand with like faith just to put out Jesus name.

In September 1939, World War II began, and in October 1940, the New Zealand government banned the activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses–for putting “out Jesus name,” and the name of his Father.

david
    Participant

My only reference point to New Zealand people is Bret and Jermaine from “Flight of the Conchords.”

In my mind, I tend to assume T8 is like Bret and Nick is like Jermaine. Have either of you ever seen that show?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 13 2006,11:06)

I am only asking you to team up with others in New Zealand with like faith just to put out Jesus name.

In September 1939, World War II began, and in October 1940, the New Zealand government banned the activity of Jehovah’s Witnesses–for putting “out Jesus name,” and the name of his Father.

Why can't we have governments with that kind of foresight today? And while they are at it they could improve the privacy laws to include door-knocking by JWs and other obscure christian sects like the LDS.

Stuart

david
    Participant

Why can't we have governments with that kind of foresight today?

They do.  JW's are presently banned in several countries.  We're not legally allowed to preach or congregate in many countries.  

And while they are at it they could improve the privacy laws to include door-knocking by JWs and other obscure christian sects like the LDS.  

You should do some research and discover that you owe much of your freedom to JW's.  We've been to the supreme court's many times on your behalf, giving you (and ourselves) all kinds of freedoms.

Of course, it was all for the “defending and legally establishing of the good news.” (Phil 1:7)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 17 2009,17:46)
    My only reference point to New Zealand people is Bret and Jermaine from “Flight of the Conchords.”

In my mind, I tend to assume T8 is like Bret and Nick is like Jermaine.  Have either of you ever seen that show?

I am the good looking one which ever that one is.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 17 2009,17:46)

In my mind, I tend to assume T8 is like Bret and Nick is like Jermaine.  Have either of you ever seen that show?

Seriously, I saw the guy with black hair and glasses across the road from where I work not to long ago. I think Wellington is their home town.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 17 2009,18:14)

Why can't we have governments with that kind of foresight today?  And while they are at it they could improve the privacy laws to include door-knocking by JWs and other obscure christian sects like the LDS.  

Stuart

Hey Stu, I think the Nazi Party banned a lot of stuff like that. Must have had foresight. Hang on a minute, I thought you disagreed with foresight. Oh that was insight wasn't it.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 17 2009,20:34)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 17 2009,18:14)

Why can't we have governments with that kind of foresight today?  And while they are at it they could improve the privacy laws to include door-knocking by JWs and other obscure christian sects like the LDS.  

Stuart

Hey Stu, I think the Nazi Party banned a lot of stuff like that. Must have had foresight. Hang on a minute, I thought you disagreed with foresight. Oh that was insight wasn't it.

Hitler in one move! If only my chess were that good!

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 17 2009,18:23)

They do.  JW's are presently banned in several countries.  We're not legally allowed to preach or congregate in many countries.  

And while they are at it they could improve the privacy laws to include door-knocking by JWs and other obscure christian sects like the LDS.  

You should do some research and discover that you owe much of your freedom to JW's.  We've been to the supreme court's many times on your behalf, giving you (and ourselves) all kinds of freedoms.

Of course, it was all for the “defending and legally establishing of the good news.” (Phil 1:7)

I don't know of a single act of good achieved by any JW in New Zealand that makes up for the door knocking and allowing their loved ones to die because of a pig-headed superstition about blood transfusion.

Stuart

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 18 2009,01:41)

Quote (david @ Feb. 17 2009,18:23)

I don't know of a single act of good achieved by any JW in New Zealand that makes up for the door knocking and allowing their loved ones to die because of a pig-headed superstition about blood transfusion.

Stuart

Stu,

Equating “door-knocking” and blood transfusion refusal is beyond silly.

Door-knocking is harmless.  You can tell the knockers to get off your property, and they will comply.  (I haven't met a JW who didn't go away when asked.)

As for refusing blood transfusions, if it is an adult making his/her own decision, it may be stupid, but it doesn't harm you.  On the other hand, if it's an adult making the decision for a helpless child, I do find that reprehensible.

On the whole “governments with foresight” issue, are you really saying that you would like to see governments ban certain religious practices, (beyond the laws that apply to every one like murder, abuse, etc.)?

Stu
    Participant

What is True

Equating “door-knocking” and blood transfusion refusal is beyond silly.

I agree. I did not write “door-knocking” = blood transfusion refusal

I wrote:

“door-knocking” + blood transfusion refusal = more harm by JWs than good, in NZ

Door-knocking is harmless. You can tell the knockers to get off your property, and they will comply. (I haven't met a JW who didn't go away when asked.)

Door knocking is an invasion of privacy. It is not harmless. It may even lead to the weaker-minded of the neighbourhood joining a fringe christian sect that insists its members put their lives at risk because of idiotic superstitions. Many JWs believe that the ‘Earth was much flatter at the time of Noah’ which is not harmless because it is a nonsense and it is deleterious to the public’s understanding of science, a goal on which is spent a lot of public money. I don’t imagine very many are ignorant enough to fall for it. The JW who knocked on my door to tell me that ‘fact’ ended up not believing it himself by the end of our conversation.

As for refusing blood transfusions, if it is an adult making his/her own decision, it may be stupid, but it doesn't harm you. On the other hand, if it's an adult making the decision for a helpless child, I do find that reprehensible.

I challenge you to find a single such adult who would not make the decision to accept a blood transfusion for herself / her child were it not for being told that the church is against it. I can’t see how any organisation should get away with advocating a course of action that puts lives at risk like that.

On the whole “governments with foresight” issue, are you really saying that you would like to see governments ban certain religious practices, (beyond the laws that apply to every one like murder, abuse, etc.)?

No. But wasn’t it cool to see t8 mention NAZIs so quickly? He didn’t even go via Stalin or Pol Pot.

Stuart

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

I agree.  I did not write “door-knocking” = blood transfusion refusal

I wrote:

“door-knocking” + blood transfusion refusal = more harm by JWs than good, in NZ

My mistake!

Door knocking is an invasion of privacy.  It is not harmless.  It may even lead to the weaker-minded of the neighbourhood joining a fringe christian sect that insists its members put their lives at risk because of idiotic superstitions.

If you post a sign on your property stating that you do not allow solicitors, and a JW tries to knock on your door anyway, then I agree with you.  But, if you generally allow strangers to knock on your door, then I don't see how a JW knocking on your door is any different.  In both instances, you can tell the person to go away.  You are not forced to have an in depth conversation with them.  “Invasion of privacy” seems like a bit of an overstatement.  It may be a nuisance, but I can't see calling it an “invasion of privacy”.

Furthermore, if a JW can walk up to someone's door and convince them of silly, superstitious beliefs, then that person was already a risk to him or herself, because they clearly did not have the strength of mind to distinguish fact from fiction.  It would only be a matter of time before such a person is lead astray by some charismatic person or religion.  In other words, the problem is not the JW's doctrine, it's the gullibility of the hearer.

Only a nation of exceptionally weak-minded adults would need to be protected from that.

The JW who knocked on my door to tell me that ‘fact’ ended up not believing it himself by the end of our conversation.

What?  You mean he didn't convert you?  You must have lucked out!

In other words, your own example proves my point.  That JW probably needed more protection from you, in order to keep his beliefs, than you from him!

I challenge you to find a single such adult who would not make the decision to accept a blood transfusion for herself / her child were it not for being told that the church is against it.  I can’t see how any organisation should get away with advocating a course of action that puts lives at risk like that.

There are hippies/naturalists who do not believe in medical intervention of any kind, people who believe in the healing power of nature itself.  JW's do not have a monopoly on the whole blood transfusion thing.

In any case, I will reiterate what I said in a different way:

In my opinion, if a man or a woman decides to forgo medical treatment of any kind, it is up to that individual.  We may scratch our heads and think that they are stupid, but as long as they are making the decision for themselves, it is none of my business.

Do you think it is yours?  Invasion of privacy, anyone?  :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome back WIT,
    I agree with personal choice.
    What are you up to?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 18 2009,16:18)
    But wasn’t it cool to see t8 mention NAZIs so quickly?  He didn’t even go via Stalin or Pol Pot.

Stuart

Thanks, not sure if it is cool, but if you think so, then I don't mind being accused of that.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2009,03:26)
    Hi and welcome back WIT,
    I agree with personal choice.
    What are you up to?

Thanks, but I am not really back.  I was just peeking in, and I somehow ended up responding Stu's latest pronouncements.  I will probably fade back “into the shadows”, (as you say), when my current exchange with Stu comes to an end.

These days I am stepping way back from the detailed doctrinal debates/research that I have engaged in for years to look at the bigger picture.  From that standpoint, the Christian bible, and Christianity itself, is beginning to look too small to contain/describe the God of the universe.

I trust that you are hard at work searching the scriptures for all the answers, great and small.  Happy reading!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Indeed the bible only allows us a certain view of God.
    But it is enough for now.
    Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hey t8,
    I could do with one of those outfits too.
    Taken a lot of flak lately

david
    Participant

the Christian bible, and Christianity itself, is beginning to look too small to contain/describe the God of the universe.

–WIT
    Now I understand why you and Stu have become buddies. Have you met Dirty? He also hates the JW's and the Bible. You two would get along great.

If you post a sign on your property stating that you do not allow solicitors,

Just to jump back into reality for a second, JW's do not solicit anything. I think there used to be “no JW's” signs, which would work for you, but they were illegal I believe and no longer exist.

T8, how big is Wellington?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account