Jesus IS the MESSIAH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    Mandy
    Participant

Thank you brother's for your words of wisdom.
    Love,
    Mandy

david
    Participant

Mandy, you've clearly done some research on this. Which scriptures are messianic prophecies in your opinion?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 06 2008,13:45)
    Mandy, you've clearly done some research on this.  Which scriptures are messianic prophecies in your opinion?

Hi David,

The lion isn't laying down with lamb, is it? There is one prediction of the coming reign of the Messiah.

However, there is zero talk in the OT about two comings of the promised Messiah. Where the first coming would be humble and lowly, and then the second coming in power. There is no scriptural teaching on the second coming of Christ!

In fact, I dare say that the only reason we can continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah is because of the second coming. We trust he will accomplish all that is said of him in the OT when he returns……because he sure didn't do it all the first time.

And I know what you're thinking, but the scriptures imply that the work will be done in a single appearance. There is nothing to lead us to believe the scriptures mean otherwise, that would be really stretching it, imo.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    So is Jesus your Lord?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,17:18)
    Hi mandy,
    So is Jesus your Lord?

I was thinking about this very question tonight.

If I had to choose (say they were cutting off the heads of those who denied Jesus), I would certainly not deny him! I would rest on my past teachings and experiences and declare Jesus my Lord.

On the other hand, even if Jesus isn't the Messiah, he certainly was “Lord” of his time. But I know the deeper question you are asking. For right now, I am continuing to prove all things. I will hold on to what is good.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    If he is your Lord then you should not call him a liar but accept his words.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,17:34)
    Hi mandy,
    If he is your Lord then you should not call him a liar but accept his words.

As I said, for right now I am continuing to prove all things.

I have not proved that Jesus is the Messiah yet.

So far I have not found that everything said about the promised Messiah matches up to Jesus. It does if you believe in the second coming, but then you are forced to believe in something that isn't written.

Would that be wise?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    You may never find proofs to your satisfaction.
    Kids are like that.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,17:47)
    Hi mandy,
    You may never find proofs to your satisfaction.
    Kids are like that.

:)

If we are to prove all things…..how can we do that if the proof isn't in the passages?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    You have searched for your proofs.
    You have not found enough to satisfy you.
    How long will you stay on the useless merry go round?
    There are other matters to attend to and perhaps later you will have the wisdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    You want knowledge?
    As Peter told us it too is a grace and not just head stuff.

2Peter 1
    1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,18:04)
    How long will you stay on the useless merry go round?

Not very much longer.

As you have said, I have searched for my proofs and have not found them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    2Tim2
    12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

If you are reborn into Christ and do not deny him he will not deny you before the Father.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,18:13)
    Hi mandy,
    2Tim2
    12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

If you are reborn into Christ and do not deny him he will not deny you before the Father.

So much for the “once-saved-always-saved” idea, huh? :;):

Mandy
    Participant

Hey, thanks for the chat Nick.

I'm heading to bed.
    Goodnight!
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    It is possible to become lost.
    But the Shepherd does not lose us or want us to get lost.
    We get lost all by ourselves by not listening for his voice but rather our own strident one..

NickHassan
    Participant

Cheers mandy

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2008,01:07)
    Hi mandy,
    You want knowledge?
    As Peter told us it too is a grace and not just head stuff.

2Peter 1
    1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Its been pretty well established that Simon Peter had nothing to do with 2 Peter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Were you there?

kejonn
    Participant

No, but then you weren't either.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account