Jesus IS the MESSIAH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2008,12:22)
    Hi KJ,
    Acts 16:25
    And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
    Acts 6:4
    But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
    Romans 8:26
    Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
    1 Corinthians 14:14
    For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
    1 Corinthians 14:15
    What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
    Ephesians 6:18
    Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
    Philippians 4:6
    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
    Colossians 1:3
    We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
    1 Thessalonians 3:10
    Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?
    1 Thessalonians 5:17
    Pray without ceasing.
    Jude 1:20
    But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Romans 12
    1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

9Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

11Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

I did not ask for more passages Nick. I asked what YOU thought worship was, and how it was carried out. How do you worship Nick?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 18 2008,15:51)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 17 2008,20:43)
    The Messiah has already come because:

Dan 2:28  But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

Dan 2:29  As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came [into thy mind] upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.

Dan 2:30  But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for [any] wisdom that I have more than any living, but for [their] sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.

Dan 2:31 ¶ Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness [was] excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof [was] terrible.

Dan 2:32  This image's head [was] of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

Dan 2:33  His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

Dan 2:34  Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet [that were] of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

Dan 2:35  Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Dan 2:36 ¶ This [is] the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

Dan 2:37  Thou, O king, [art] a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

Dan 2:38  And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou [art] this head of gold.

Dan 2:39  And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

Dan 2:40  And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all [things]: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

Dan 2:41  And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

Dan 2:42  And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

Dan 2:43  And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Dan 2:44  AND IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM, WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DESTROYED: AND THE KINGDOM SHALL NOT BE LEFT TO OTHER PEOPLE, [but] IT SHALL BREAK IN PIECES AND CONSUME ALL THESE KINGDOMS, AND IT SHALL STAND FOR EVER.

Dan 2:45  Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream [is] certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

This passage does not say the Messiah has already come. Most Jews will tell you that this is the messianic kingdom that has not come yet. None of the messianic prophecies have been fulfilled yet so the messianic era as presented in the OT has yet to come (if it ever will).

Hi KJ:

These scriptures state that “Dan 2:44 AND IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM, WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DESTROYED:…”

To what kings is he referring?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 22 2008,07:54)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2008,12:22)
    Hi KJ,
    Acts 16:25
    And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
    Acts 6:4
    But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
    Romans 8:26
    Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
    1 Corinthians 14:14
    For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
    1 Corinthians 14:15
    What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
    Ephesians 6:18
    Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
    Philippians 4:6
    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
    Colossians 1:3
    We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
    1 Thessalonians 3:10
    Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?
    1 Thessalonians 5:17
    Pray without ceasing.
    Jude 1:20
    But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Romans 12
    1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

9Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

11Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

I did not ask for more passages Nick. I asked what YOU thought worship was, and how it was carried out. How do you worship Nick?

Hi KJ,
    Read the passages and you will learn the ways of worship and prayer in Christ.

If you cannot understand them then tell us your ideas.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 21 2008,15:52)
    Hi KJ:

These scriptures state that “Dan 2:44 AND IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM, WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DESTROYED:…”

The kingdom, according to this passage and others, will be an earthly one, ushered in by the Jewish Messiah. Since Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world, this does, and there really is no indication that it exists beyond the minds of Christians, Daniel 2:44 does not apply to Jesus.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2008,15:54)
    Hi KJ,
    Read the passages and you will learn the ways of worship and prayer in Christ.

If you cannot understand them then tell us your ideas.

Sorry Nick, but you're still trying to avoid the question. How do YOU worship Nick?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 22 2008,09:39)

Hi KJ:

These scriptures state that “Dan 2:44  AND IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM, WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DESTROYED:…”

The kingdom, according to this passage and others, will be an earthly one, ushered in by the Jewish Messiah. Since Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world, this does, and there really is no indication that it exists beyond the minds of Christians, Daniel 2:44 does not apply to Jesus.

Hi KJ:

The question that I asked, is to what kings that the passage of scripture that I quoted refer?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    The kingdom is of heaven.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 21 2008,16:50)

Hi KJ:

Hi KJ:

The question that I asked, is to what kings that the passage of scripture that I quoted refer?

Hard to say, but it was likely a historical event that has already passed. Not with Jesus though, because nothing he did fits here.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2008,16:54)
    Hi KJ,
    The kingdom is of heaven.

Yes, I know. But since earth is all we mortals REALLY know, what works in the imagination is only as real as the imagination.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Then learn from the sacred writings.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2008,18:30)
    Hi KJ,
    Then learn from the sacred writings.

Which came from the imaginations of primitive Jewish minds.

You still have not said how you worship. What say ye?

NickHassan
    Participant

Kj,
    I worship in spirit and truth.

kejonn
    Participant

Are you certain? What is your measuring stick?

Another cop-out Nick. What is worship, and how is it carried out?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Harrassment is not tolerated on this site.

kejonn
    Participant

Then why do you harass me?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 22 2008,11:23)

Hi KJ:

These scriptures state that “Dan 2:44  AND IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM, WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DESTROYED:…”

Hi KJ:

Hard to say, but it was likely a historical event that has already passed. Not with Jesus though, because nothing he did fits here.

HI KJ:

I believe that you are evading answering my question.  It is quite evident that the kings or kingdoms are Babylonia, Media/Persia, Greece, and Rome.

As you say it is a historical event that already has occured, and God has stated that in the days of these kings he would establish a kingdom that would never pass away.

And you said:

If this is a historical event that already has taken place, then the Jewish Messiah has already come.  If as you say, this kingdom is an earthly one ushered in by the Jewish Messiah, who is he?  You say it isn't Jesus.

Stu
    Participant

Dan 2:5 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
    Uh oh. The king has FORGOTTEN his dream; he just remembers that it was disturbing.
    Dan 2:9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.
    Hang on, hasn’t Nebuchadrezzar forgotten the dream? Anyway, he is bluffing now.
    Dan 2:13 And the decree went forth that the wise men should be slain; and they sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain.
    Dan 2:18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.

Steady on chaps! Give us time and at least we can have a stab at guessing the dream. Better that than be slaughtered without trying.

And so Daniel Belteshazzar weaves a sychophantic get-out-of-jail attempt of a tale.
    Dan 2:47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

Dan 2:48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.
    Hooray! Saved.

The bit about the kingdom wasn’t really true. Giving god a walk-on cameo made the story seem more convincingly ‘divine-inspired’.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Your amateurish attempt at revealing scripture for us contains too many assumptions and superficial interpretations to draw much interest.
    Better to align with the Spirit that wrote it first.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2008,19:34)
    Hi Stu,
    Your amateurish attempt at revealing scripture for us contains too many assumptions and superficial interpretations to draw much interest.
    Better to align with the Spirit that wrote it first.

“Better to align with the Spirit that wrote it first”?!

Isn't that the most amateurish assumption of the lot?

I didn't expect you to agree with my interpretation, and I didnt expect you to tell me what you think is actually wrong with it either. So as usual you make an unspecified accusation.

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 21 2008,20:09)

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 22 2008,11:23)

Hi KJ:

Hi KJ:

HI KJ:

I believe that you are evading answering my question. It is quite evident that the kings or kingdoms are Babylonia, Media/Persia, Greece, and Rome.

As you say it is a historical event that already has occured, and God has stated that in the days of these kings he would establish a kingdom that would never pass away.

And you said:

If this is a historical event that already has taken place, then the Jewish Messiah has already come. If as you say, this kingdom is an earthly one ushered in by the Jewish Messiah, who is he? You say it isn't Jesus.

So what makes you think it IS Jesus? He did not defeat any of these “Kings” did he? The Romans were still very much in power when Jesus died. In fact, they destroyed Jerusalem in 70 CE, 37-40 years after Jesus was said to have died.

So how did Jesus' kingdom destroy the others? I fail to see it.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account