Jesus IS the MESSIAH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,12:56)
    Hi KJ,
    Did you think you needed all knowledge before you could accept truth?

What you fail to understand here is I accepted things as truth prior to getting knowledge, and then the knowledge I gained showed that many of the things I thought were truth could no longer be accepted as such.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,13:20)
    Hi KJ,
    When the voice spoke to Jesus from the heavens would you have been among those who heard just thunder?

Jn12
    28Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

Beyond a writer saying this actually happened, how can anyone know it wasn't just thunder to all who heard it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 18 2008,07:08)

Hi KJ,

What you fail to understand here is I accepted things as truth prior to getting knowledge, and then the knowledge I gained showed that many of the things I thought were truth could no longer be accepted as such.

Hi KJ,
    So partial knowledge, as we never can see clearly here, caused you to doubt?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,15:02)

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 18 2008,07:08)

Hi KJ,

Hi KJ,
    So partial knowledge, as we never can see clearly here, caused you to doubt?

Partial knowledge is believing only the NT. Partial knowledge is ignoring the OT when it disagrees with the NT. Partial knowledge may be fine for those who have only studied for a short while but more complete knowledge may lead to some issues that may lead to questions that have no desirable answers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    No I think partial knowledge applies to all things including OT and NT.
    These pathetic eyes and our limited brain abilities blind us to so much outside our view.
    More study often just leads to more ignorance and as you say awareness of things that are beyond our ken.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,16:26)
    Hi KJ,
    No I think partial knowledge applies to all things including OT and NT.
    These pathetic eyes and our limited brain abilities blind us to so much outside our view.
    More study often just leads to more ignorance and as you say awareness of things that are beyond our ken.

If more study leads to more ignorance then are you saying we should toss our bibles in the incinerator after a year or so? That is, once we have the basis, we should just stop looking?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    No
    Knowledge must be infused with wisdom to be grasped.

Wisdom takes time and grace.

Impatient treatment of the sacred writings leads to shallow knowledge, which is a stumbling stone.

2Peter3
    14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,17:42)
    Hi KJ,
    No
    Knowledge must be infused with wisdom to be grasped.

Wisdom takes time and grace.

Impatient treatment of the sacred writings leads to shallow knowledge, which is a stumbling stone.

2Peter3
    14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

So I'm guessing you don't have the knowledge and grace since you're short on answers but long on diversion when people present various scriptural issues?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hio KJ,
    Ignorant? Yes.
    But I know where truth is to be found
    And it is not the vain minds of puny men.

kejonn
    Participant

What evidence do you have that the bible is not the writings of puny men and their vain minds?

david
    Participant

I am re-naming this thread: “Discuss whatever you like” thread.

And I am creating a new thread, a more specific one.

Participant

The Messiah has already come because:

Dan 2:28  But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

Dan 2:29  As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came [into thy mind] upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.

Dan 2:30  But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for [any] wisdom that I have more than any living, but for [their] sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.

Dan 2:31 ¶ Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness [was] excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof [was] terrible.

Dan 2:32  This image's head [was] of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

Dan 2:33  His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

Dan 2:34  Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet [that were] of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

Dan 2:35  Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Dan 2:36 ¶ This [is] the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

Dan 2:37  Thou, O king, [art] a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

Dan 2:38  And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou [art] this head of gold.

Dan 2:39  And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

Dan 2:40  And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all [things]: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

Dan 2:41  And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

Dan 2:42  And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

Dan 2:43  And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Dan 2:44  AND IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM, WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DESTROYED: AND THE KINGDOM SHALL NOT BE LEFT TO OTHER PEOPLE, [but] IT SHALL BREAK IN PIECES AND CONSUME ALL THESE KINGDOMS, AND IT SHALL STAND FOR EVER.

Dan 2:45  Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream [is] certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    We could go through all the words of the prophets and search out the references to Jesus there but in front of a mocking crowd determined to disprove truth? No

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,13:52)
    Hi 94,
    We could go through all the words of the prophets and search out the references to Jesus there but in front of a mocking crowd determined to disprove truth?  No

Hi Nick:

They can try to disprove it all they want, but God's Spirit within me testifies of the reality that Jesus is the Messiah, but the scriputure that I just quoted from Daniel leaves no doubt that the Messiah has already come.  If God has set up a kingdom the days of the kings mentioned by Daniel in these scriptures, then if there is a kingdom, the Kingdom is not a kingdom without a king, and so, if Jesus is not the king, then let them who want to disprove it tell me who is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    King Jesus is anointed as King of kings.
    He is also anointed as prophet and priest.
    Likewise his anointing as Messiah is different.

Jn4
    25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

He is the ANOINTED ONE OF GOD but that does not make him king necessarily does it as all anointings are different?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,14:33)
    Hi 94,
    King Jesus is anointed as King of kings.
    He is also anointed as prophet and priest.
    Likewise his anointing as Messiah is different.

Jn4
    25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.  

He is the ANOINTED ONE OF GOD but that does not make him king necessarily does it as all anointings are different?

Hi Nick:

What makes this anointing different is that is is the Only Begotten Son of God.

Luk 1:30  And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Luk 1:31  And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luk 1:32  He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Luk 1:33  And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Are sons anointed in scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So the angel told Mary she would have a son.
    But the monogenes Son of God was already with God in heaven.
    He partook of flesh and was sent into the world to become King in the kingdom of God.

The Jews were expecting an anointed one.
    He was anointed at the Jordan and shown to be the son of God.

Rom 8
    2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 1:4
    who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,15:03)
    Hi 94,
    Are sons anointed in scripture?

Hi Nick:

Do you just want to have a conversation or do you want to show those that are questioning that Jesus is the Messiah the truth by the scriptures.

Of course, sons are anointed for different roles.  As you say, kings, priests and prophets, but none are “THE CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD”.

If you will search the scriptures, you will find that his anointing entails all of these.

I simply do not know why you are asking me these questions.  What are you trying to prove?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I am trying to clarify if his anointing as King makes him the anointed one of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account