Jesus has returned

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 579 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Nick

That's one way to end a conversation.

Georg

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 02 2009,11:19)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2009,06:37)

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 02 2009,01:42)
    Here is another scripture for you Nick, in connection with the 1335 days; tell me what it implies.

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

I will start you of with a question.
    How can the dead die from then on?

Georg

Hi Georg,
    The living are called such in one sense because they have the Living Spirit within them.

The rest are called the dead, so that the dead can bury the dead.

Nick

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

These are the dead, the saints, they are dead to the world but alive in Christ. They are blessed because they will not have to wait in their grave for the resurrection, their change to a spirit nature is instantly, in the twinkling of an eye. They have laboured hard for the kingdom of God, but the work for the kingdom does not end with death.

Georg

Greetings Georg……..References to the dead….those who sleep,for the dead know nothing and Iam sure there are many more references scriptually to the fact that the dead are just that DEAD ! Live in the spirit or dead in the spirit I would think that these are references to beings that ,no matter what their spiritual state…They Are Living Beings ….Those that are changed with the twinkling of an eye would never had experienced death….This is Gods promise to the faithfull as well as those who experienced death and died in state of grace with the evidence of the presence of Gods spirit,they will be raised in the first ressurection…IMO

Cindy
    Participant

theodorej

The scripture says,”blessed are the dead” that “DIE” from then on.
    How can the dead die and be blessed, and what means “from then on”?
    Obviously, the dead are dead, they don't die no more, so the dead that do die from “then” on can not be dead already, they are as Paul said in Col. 3:3. The reason they are considered blessed is, they don't have to spend no time waiting in their grave for their resurrection, it is instantly. The moment they die they will meet Christ in the air, spirit world.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    The dead can indeed die again in the second death after the judgement.
    Those that die in the LORD are yet alive in him in the Spirit.

The reasoning you offer for their being blessed seems rather thin and unrelated to any scriptural principle.
    Some will never die because they are transformed instantly at the return of Jesus in the air

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    Blessed are the dead that die from then on means what it says.
    They were not dead before they died.

Perhaps it could have been written “blessed are those who die?”

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 07 2009,05:57)
    theodorej

The scripture says,”blessed are the dead” that “DIE” from then on.
    How can the dead die and be blessed, and what means “from then on”?
    Obviously, the dead are dead, they don't die no more, so the dead that do die from “then” on can not be dead already, they are as Paul said in Col. 3:3. The reason they are considered blessed is, they don't have to spend no time waiting in their grave for their resurrection, it is instantly. The moment they die they will meet Christ in the air, spirit world.

Georg

Georg,

I've been following you on this. I would love to believe what you believe….that the dead meet Christ in the air. But I believe there is blessing in sleep!

Isn't there a story in the OT where someone called “up” a saint of God, and this saint was angry that his “rest” was disturbed?

Love,
    Mandy

Cindy
    Participant

Hi Mandy

I believe this is the scripture you referring too.

1Sa 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.
    1Sa 28:12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.

Who ever it was, it could not have been Samuel himself because it would have made God's word untrue.

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
    Ecc 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Notice, “in any thing”.

Georg

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 07 2009,07:48)
    Georg,
    Blessed are the dead that die from then on means what it says.
    They were not dead before they died.

Perhaps it could have been written “blessed are those who die?”

Nick-odemus

Why don't you pay more attention to what I say, isn't that what I said?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    Why should we prefer your words to those of scripture?

Cindy
    Participant

What scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is returning to call his body to be rejoined with himself.
    When he comes the saints will rise and their living brothers taken up to meet with Jesus in the air.

Cindy
    Participant

And you believe you will see that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    Yes

Cindy
    Participant

Well, at least you have a lot of company Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Georg,
    God has not allowed that several generations cannot be born into His Son.
    You are wrong. Jesus is still coming.

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

If you mean by born into his son is to become a spirit being, that is not for every one. You first of all have to be called.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It was God who decided before creation, whom he would call, it has nothing to do with our effort.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

God made sure that all who were predestined to be called would hear that call by preaching the gospel into all the world; but even those that were called, not all answered the call. Peter says, all who were called had to make sure their calling.

2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Jesus knew, that even those that were called, not all would answer.

Mat 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

All those numbers in Daniel are there for a reason, they tell us something; you have 2300 days, 70 weeks, 1290 days, and 1335 days. If you think that my understanding of these numbers are wrong, well, I'm listening.
    I can not, nor do I try, to convince you of anything, I am showing you the scriptures, and give you my explanation, you have to do the rest; if by doing the rest you flat out reject what I say, you have done me no harm.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Where does it say being born into Christ makes us a spirit being?
    Becoming like to the angels is for the time of the Millenium.
    Those raised and those changed receive a new body.
    Rebirth joins us with Christ and God in the Spirit.

Your sums are wrong

Cindy
    Participant

Nick, to answer your question.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Do you know what “partaken of the divine nature” means?
    Why is it you turn everything around?
    The dead in Christ will rise first as spirit beings, they will not marry or procreate, like the angels.
    No, those that are resurrected as spirit beings stay that way, not just during the millennium.
    All others that will be resurrected, receive a new and healthy flesh body.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    The divine nature is from the Spirit of God which should now be dwelling in you and being allowed to transform your mind, and bring fruit in will and in actions.

Where is this new and healthy flesh body offered to men who are some sort of second class citizens?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Yes once the sons of God receive a new incorruptible body they stay that way.
    No new corruptible flesh bodies are on offer though.
    Flesh cannot inherit the kingdom
    1Cor15

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 579 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account