Jesus: god the son or son of god?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 358 total)
  • Author

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 03 2009,12:43)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 04 2009,04:34)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 03 2009,12:31)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 04 2009,04:23)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 03 2009,12:21)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 04 2009,04:16)
    JESUS WAS  GOD MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH JOHN 1:, 14

Manifested does not mean materialized. Manifested means evidenced.

Jesus was a sign of evidence that God is Real.

Jesus was/is not God.

Hi BD

Jesus is the “image of the invisible God” in other words he is the vislible image of God, or God making himself visible.

To see him as less than God is creating a false image of God.

WJ

Man was made in the image of the invisible God so your point is limited in scope.

To see him as less than God is to see him as Christ which is the image of Godliness.

Godliness is reflecting the image of God without defect.

You love God and I'm hoping you are very Godly if you are then I'm sure many people see God in you.

Saying that I can assure you that you are not God.

Hi BD

You analogy falls short for man was made “In” the image of God, yet Jesus “Is” the image of the invisible God.

We are being made in his image (Jesus) because we are being made in the “image of God”. Get it?

WJ

WJ,

God is still invisible God is a spirit those who worship Him worship him in spirit and truth.

The first man was made in the image of the invisible God
    and so was Jesus and that is there similitude as well
    both were made directly by God.

An image is still an image go look at your image in the mirror and when you walk away you will still remain but your image will disappear. Your image is dependent upon you.

Hi BD

Scriptures please!

WJ

jesus is the way to heaven and my belief is that is the name of God

Hi BD

An image is still an image go look at your image in the mirror and when you walk away you will still remain but your image will disappear. Your image is dependent upon you.

So when Moses saw God's image he was not seeing God?

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 04 2009,04:47)
    jesus is the way to heaven and my belief is that is the name of God

Then you don't believe in Christ.

Are you anti-christ?

Do not think saying something good cannot be evil because the way that seemeth right to man ends in death.

Raising the status of Jesus is lowering the status of the Sovereign God.

Is Jesus The Christ the servant of God
    or is Jesus not the Christ and is God Himself

If you say he is God Himself and not the servant of God you are anti-christ.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 04 2009,04:49)
    Hi BD

WJ

Did he see his image or did he see him?

Scriptures please.

Actually you don't have to show the scripture because you already know it doesn't say he saw His image he actually saw what part God let him see.

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 03 2009,13:03)

Hi BD

WJ

Scriptures please.

Actually you don't have to show the scripture because you already know it doesn't say he saw His image he actually saw what part God let him see.

HI BD

But you said God is Spirit and scriptures say God is invisible, yet Moses saw God, so what did he see if it was not the “Visible image of God”, or God making himself visible to Moses?

Your logic is circular!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 04 2009,05:05)

Hi BD

WJ

Scriptures please.

HI BD

But you said God is Spirit and scriptures say God is invisible, yet Moses saw God, so what did he see if it was not the “Visible image of God”, or God making himself visible to Moses?

Your logic is circular!

WJ

He saw the spirit of God just like when the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in the form of a dove.

However, we know that spirits can see spirits so perhaps Moses saw God with spiritual eyes which can see spiritually.

Jesus wasn't his father but did say if you saw him you saw the Father but we know he wasn't calling himself the Father, right?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 03 2009,13:12)

Hi BD

WJ

Scriptures please.

HI BD

Your logic is circular!

WJ

He saw the spirit of God just like when the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in the form of a dove.

However, we know that spirits can see spirits so perhaps Moses saw God with spiritual eyes which can see spiritually.

Jesus wasn't his father but did say if you saw him you saw the Father but we know he wasn't calling himself the Father, right?

Hi BD

“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”  Exo 24:9-11

Do you deny Moses writings like you deny Pauls?

Jesus said…

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth “ye know him” (God), and “have seen him” (God). John 14:7

When you take the Arian glasses off you will see that Jesus is the God of Moses and the Patriarchs.

He said before Abraham was “I AM”.

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 04 2009,05:29)

Hi BD

WJ

Scriptures please.

HI BD

Your logic is circular!

WJ

Hi BD

“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”  Exo 24:9-11

Jesus said…

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth “ye know him” (God), and “have seen him” (God). John 14:7

When you take the Arian glasses off you will see that Jesus is the God of Moses and the Patriarchs.

WJ

You proved my point.

If it says they saw Him it was not an image of Him

Also are you saying that Jesus was materializing throughout the ages but yet needed to be born?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi BD

WJ

Scriptures please.

HI BD

Your logic is circular!

WJ

Hi BD

Jesus said…

WJ

Also, you don't believe that Jesus is his Father so why did you put the last part?

How is it you suddenly easily can equate Father with God when you said that Jesus was God in his own right. Now you are saying that Jesus is not God in his own right.

You are saying that Jesus is saying that when they see him they see The Father(God) which is not your belief.

KangarooJack
    Participant

WorshippingJesus said:

Hi BD

“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.” Exo 24:9-11

Jesus said…

WJ,
    Amen brother!

Participant

Hi BD

WJ

Scriptures please.

HI BD

Your logic is circular!

WJ

Hi WJ:

And so, the scriptures do state that “no man has seen at any time” and the scriptures also say “the invisible God”, and so, what is your conclusion as to what Moses and the elders saw in Exodus 24?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 03 2009,13:39)

Hi BD

WJ

Scriptures please.

HI BD

Your logic is circular!

WJ

Hi BD

Jesus said…

WJ

Also, you don't believe that Jesus is his Father so why did you put the last part?

How is it you suddenly easily can equate Father with God when you said that Jesus was God in his own right. Now you are saying that Jesus is not God in his own right.

You are saying that Jesus is saying that when they see him they see The Father(God) which is not your belief.

Hi BD

Read his words, I didnt say it Jesus did. So since we know Jesus is not the Father, yet he claims to be God by his statement then you have to either believe him or twist his words.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Of course Jesus told men the FATHER was the one they called God[jn8.54]
    But you would rather make the one who said it your god?

I worsip the 1 and only true God Jesus

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,00:28)

If you call Jesus “God” then explain this

Philippians 2:9-11 (King James Version)

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

If Jesus is God, why does the scripture say that GOD highly exalted him

Wouldn't God be Jesus? So how could Jesus be “him”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,00:28)

Hi JN,
    Do you obey Jesus as well as worship him?

He said true worshipers worship the Father[jn4] so surely you should do that?

I try my best

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,23:18)
    I try my best

Jesus told you to worship the One who sent him but you won't?

Jesus told Mary that he was going to My God and Your God, Why don't you believe Jesus when he said he was going to his God?

Does Jesus have a God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,23:18)
    I try my best

Hi JN,
    Why not believe scripture as well?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account