Jesus Christ is God

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 524 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Or was he just as weak and vulnerable as the rest of us humans?

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi W,
    I must have missed where Jesus said he was God so perhaps you can help me.
    Or do we have to disprove
    something he never said??

Look again NH.

Jesus claimed that He was Jehovah, by describing Himself as The Alpha and The Omega, The First and The Last.

In Revelation 1:8. I am quoting from the Jehovah's Witness’s own Bible, and it reads, “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God.

Ask the Witness, “What does Alpha and Omega mean?” They'll reply, “The beginning and the end.” Then ask them, “How many Alphas and Omegas can you have?” They'll answer, “Only one.” They will agree that there is only one Alpha and Omega.

Then turn to Revelation 22:12-13 which says, “Look I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me….I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses, “Who do you say the Alpha and Omega is?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now take a careful look. The Alpha and Omega in verse twelve is coming quickly. Let's see who is speaking in verse twelve.
    Look at verse sixteen, “I Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.”

It is Jesus speaking in verse twelve. If there is any doubt go to verse 20 which says, “He that bears witness of these things says, 'Yes; I am coming quickly' Amen come Lord Jesus.” So it is clear that the Alpha and the Omega in verse twelve is Jesus.

Here is a strong proof text that Jesus is God because both Jehovah and Jesus are called the Alpha and the Omega.

Another pair of verses that are effective when used together are Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 1:17-18.

Isaiah 44:6 says, “This is what Jehovah has said, 'The king of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, I am the first and I am the last.'”

Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses how many firsts and lasts can you have? It's obvious to anyone you can only have one first and one last. Ask them, “Who is the first and the last?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now turn to Revelation 1:17-18 which says, “Do not be fearful; I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead but look! I am living forever.”

Who is speaking here? Obviously, it is Jesus for He died but is now alive, and guess what? He is called the First and the Last.

Here again we see Jesus is God.
        :D

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
       :O

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 17 2007,23:49)
    Of course Jesus didnt come as God, he came as nothing …

Well, if he did not come as God, then he was NOT GOD! Case closed!

Jesus is not Almighty GOD! Isn't that what we have always said!

Its encouraging to see that you have finally realized this!

:;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Jan. 18 2007,03:49)
    NH

Hi W,
    I must have missed where Jesus said he was God so perhaps you can help me.
    Or do we have to disprove
    something he never said??

Look again NH.

Jesus claimed that He was Jehovah, by describing Himself as The Alpha and The Omega, The First and The Last.

In Revelation 1:8. I am quoting from the Jehovah's Witness’s own Bible, and it reads, “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God.

Ask the Witness, “What does Alpha and Omega mean?” They'll reply, “The beginning and the end.” Then ask them, “How many Alphas and Omegas can you have?” They'll answer, “Only one.” They will agree that there is only one Alpha and Omega.

Then turn to Revelation 22:12-13 which says, “Look I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me….I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses, “Who do you say the Alpha and Omega is?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now take a careful look. The Alpha and Omega in verse twelve is coming quickly. Let's see who is speaking in verse twelve.
    Look at verse sixteen, “I Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.”

It is Jesus speaking in verse twelve. If there is any doubt go to verse 20 which says, “He that bears witness of these things says, 'Yes; I am coming quickly' Amen come Lord Jesus.” So it is clear that the Alpha and the Omega in verse twelve is Jesus.

Here is a strong proof text that Jesus is God because both Jehovah and Jesus are called the Alpha and the Omega.

Another pair of verses that are effective when used together are Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 1:17-18.

Isaiah 44:6 says, “This is what Jehovah has said, 'The king of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, I am the first and I am the last.'”

Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses how many firsts and lasts can you have? It's obvious to anyone you can only have one first and one last. Ask them, “Who is the first and the last?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now turn to Revelation 1:17-18 which says, “Do not be fearful; I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead but look! I am living forever.”

Who is speaking here? Obviously, it is Jesus for He died but is now alive, and guess what? He is called the First and the Last.

Here again we see Jesus is God.
        :D

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
       :O

Hi CB,
    He was not found with deceit in his mouth.
    He was truth and spoke plainly.

Well, if he did not come as God, then he was NOT GOD! Case closed!

Jesus is not Almighty GOD! Isn't that what we have always said!

Its encouraging to see that you have finally realized this!

LOL

AP

This really shows me a lot.

You take my sarcasim and use it aganst me.

Thanks for your meaning less response!

It truly follows the path of those who have no response!

Blessings :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Men love confusion.

Hi,
    Men love confusion.

NH

Amen. The confusion comes from not taking “ALL” the scriptures and believing them for what they say!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So you say.
    Men have always used that type of statement to claim veracity.
    It suggests they should ask you because you are a real expert who has studied everything.
    But the better approach is perhaps to base what you teach on what is plainly TAUGHT in scripture.

So you say.
    Men have always used that type of statement to claim veracity.

NH

Where did I say this? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    “The confusion comes from not taking “ALL” the scriptures and believing them for what they say!”

If you want to study God begin with God is One.
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    The One Spirit unites all in the son of God to God eternally.

Build on rock.

“That Rock is my teachings”

He did not teach trinity.

Hi W,
    “The confusion comes from not taking “ALL” the scriptures and believing them for what they say!”

If you want to study God begin with God is One.
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    The One Spirit unites all in the son of God to God eternally.

Build on rock.

“That Rock is my teachings”

He did not teach trinity.

NH

The rock is not your teachings!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    It is if I abide in the Word when teaching.

Hi W,

I think I will abide in the word and not your teachings which you claim is a Rock! :)

charity
    Participant

WorshippingJesus

You need to put down your weapons

God did not have to remove himself from judgement and prison
    according to the prophets

Nick blessed are they that the riders may not stop

WorshippingJesus

You need to put down your weapons

God did not have to remove himself from judgement and prison
    according to the prophets

Nick blessed are they that the riders may not stop

Charity

The scriptures tell me to put on the whole armour of God!

Eph 6:10
    10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
    11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

II Cor 10:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
    6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

I Tim 6:12
    Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 19 2007,00:34)

Hi W,

I think I will abide in the word and not your teachings which you claim is a Rock! :)

Hi W,
    Is all I say teaching? Do I always abide.
    No.
    But that is what we strive to do here.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Christ (Jehovah) is The Rock

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Deu 32:3  Because I will publish the name of the LORD (Jehovah): ascribe ye greatness unto our God (Elohiym).
    Deu 32:4  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD (Jehovah): for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God(Elohiym).
    Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Is this how this works?
    Similarities prove sameness?

I am man.
    You are man.
    I am you???

Cult Buster
    Participant

Just the truth NH, as the Bible declares it.  Look again.

Christ (Jehovah) is The Rock

Deu 32:3  Because I will publish the name of the LORD (Jehovah): ascribe ye greatness unto our God (Elohiym).
    Deu 32:4  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD (Jehovah): for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God(Elohiym).
    Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Jesus Christ refers to Himself as the Rock upon which His church is built.

Mat 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Unless of course you believe Catholic doctrine which claims that Peter is the rock.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 524 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account