Jesus Christ is God

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 524 total)
  • Author

Did you guys only scan my article?  Did you miss this?

I have saved the most important lesson of all for last.
    BE LED OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
    Prayerfully seek God’s guidance in understanding. The most important reason for study is to have our hearts and character molded to be like Jesus. We do not seek to have only head knowledge but a living truth that transforms lives.

M42

Im a little confused at your response here.

I said it was an excellen post and yes I did read the whole thing.

I simply pointed out a few scriptures to add to what you said not to critisize your post. ???

music4two
    Participant

If you have ever written for publication or understand the way in which people process info, what they read last usually sticks in their mind longest. I saved the best for last so those reading the article would remember it.

Furthermore in the beginning of the article I make statements such as
    an open heart for the truth and an honest, non-judgemental approach to interpretation of Scripture.
    Your motives in researching the word will strongly effect whether you will follow these principles or not.
    Even great knowledge about the scriptures cannot take the place of personal interaction and relationship with God.

Anyone can claim to be led of the Spirit. It is a common catch phrase that is used as a reason for all kinds of foul things. Jesus could have just said one sentence “Be led of the Spirit” and gone away, but instead he gave real down to earth examples that dealt with the reality of life and the motives of men.
    Walking with God is not a metaphysical experiment. I have seen far too many potentialy good Christians be duped into following some spiritual enlightenment, that is contrary to not only scripture but to the very heart of God.
    Hermaneutics and Spirit leading are a counterbalance to each other. Too much of one and your have dead letter legalists or wild fire fanatics.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 14 2006,21:17)

Did you guys only scan my article?  Did you miss this?

I have saved the most important lesson of all for last.
    BE LED OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
    Prayerfully seek God’s guidance in understanding. The most important reason for study is to have our hearts and character molded to be like Jesus. We do not seek to have only head knowledge but a living truth that transforms lives.

M42

Im a little confused at your response here.

I said it was an excellen post and yes I did read the whole thing.

I simply pointed out a few scriptures to add to what you said not to critisize your post. ???

Emotions are hard to express on this kind of forum. I was not insulted by your reply, simply wanted to reafirm what I said in the post.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    Theology is death.
    Let the dead bury the dead.
    Lets all continue to feed on the bread of life.

Hi m42,
    Theology is death.

NH

What do you mean “theology is death”.

Miriam Webster Says…

theology….

the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
    ???

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 14 2006,21:24)
    Hi m42,
    Theology is death.

I do not care for Theology or religion. I am all about the functionality of God's plan operating in my life to make me like Christ.

You have used terms like being led of the Spirit. Can you explain to me what you mean by that? I am curious not only how you do that in Bible study but in the circumstances of Life. What is your function within God's leading?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 14 2006,21:31)

Hi m42,
    Theology is death.

NH

What do you mean “theology is death”.

Miriam Webster Says…

theology….

the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
    ???

Hi w,
    Theology is vanity and of man.
    The fruit of natural minds attempting the impossible.
    Only the Spirit can take us into the mind of God.

Lk 16
    15And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Hi w,
    Theology is vanity and of man.
    The fruit of natural minds attempting the impossible.
    Only the Spirit can take us intoi the mind of God.

NH

So what does this scripture mean to you…

II Tim 2:15
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

or this..

Acts 17:11
    These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
    ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W
    “II Tim 2:15
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

or this..

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

So what part does the human science of THEOLOGY play in the study of Scripture?

Surely we are meant to prayerfully compare verse with verse, line with line taking into account common usage and context?

Scripture is sacred.

It is the wisdom of God not the plaything of men.

What can men add that is useful to the Words of God himself?

Hi W

or this..

Surely we are meant to prayerfully compare verse with verse, line with line taking into account common usage and context?

Scripture is sacred.

NH

I would say that the study of scriptures is the study of Faith and the study of God.

Miriam Webster Says…

theology….

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Is Webster as relevant as God on this or any matter?
    Do we follow her?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 14 2006,22:32)

Hi W

or this..

Scripture is sacred.

NH

I would say that the study of scriptures is the study of Faith and the study of God.

Miriam Webster Says…

theology….

Hi w,
    We do not study God or faith as you would study cabbages or mathematics.
    We absorb and are changed by God's teaching from nature and scripture and the Spirit.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 14 2006,23:39)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 14 2006,22:32)

Hi W

or this..

Scripture is sacred.

NH

Miriam Webster Says…

theology….

Hi w,
    We do not study God or faith as you would study cabbages or mathematics.
    We absorb and are changed by God's teaching from nature and scripture and the Spirit.

I agree with you in concept, however I would point out that we do not throw out logic or reason because we are studying scripture. Many of the same principles of reason are applicable in understanding the communication functions of reality.

I am curious about your use of the word absorb. What do you mean to absorb the word?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    We eat to live. Food taken in becomes a part of our being as our body cells are renewed.
    Man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Jesus is the bread of life, the bread from heaven.

Unless we eat his flesh and drink his blood we cannot have real life in ourselves and the words he speaks to us are spirit and life.

The seed is planted and the soil must receive it.

The rain falls on it and the life in it it takes deep root. First the shoot then the leaf, then the corn in the plant.

The leaven is mixed with three batches of flour and then the bread rises. But not all leaven is good and not all seed is wheat but tares are sown too.

Paul waited anxiously for the leaf to appear showing Christ living in his spiritual children. Christ, if allowed to grow as spirit in us, becomes us and we him.

Then the sons of God will be revealed as they will see themselves as God sees them, Christ.

Cult Buster
    Participant

music4two

Jesus is not the Almighty God, he is the son of the Almighty God, the Lord, and the Word of God.

Please define “Lord” and “Word”.

See the following.

20:28   And Thomas answered and said unto him (Jesus), My Lord and my God.

John1:1   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and   the Word was God.
    1:14   And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

1Timothy  3:16   And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God (Jesus) was manifest in the flesh,

Hebrews 1:8   But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Isaiha 9:6   For unto us a child (Jesus) is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1:23   Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is,   God with us.

28:17   And when they saw him(Jesus), they worshipped him:

charity
    Participant

IS Mary truthfully the mother of God?

Jhn 4:24  God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Are we God brother and sisters how?
    Mar 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Jhn 4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Christ was the first Man to be in the flesh conceived of the Holy Ghost that came down from heaven.
    As the heavenly hosts in the beginning came out their appointed times in flesh bodies and took to themselves daughters of men conceiving Giants half earthly and conceived of fallen heavenly watchers; Book of Enoch

Which from them became the origan of the evil spirits?

charity

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 16 2006,12:56)
    music4two

Jesus is not the Almighty God, he is the son of the Almighty God, the Lord, and the Word of God.

Please define “Lord” and “Word”.

See the following.

20:28   And Thomas answered and said unto him (Jesus), My Lord and my God.

John1:1   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and   the Word was God.
    1:14   And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

1Timothy  3:16   And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God (Jesus) was manifest in the flesh,

Hebrews 1:8   But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Isaiha 9:6   For unto us a child (Jesus) is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1:23   Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is,   God with us.

28:17   And when they saw him(Jesus), they worshipped him:

Still waiting for you to define the words “Word” and “Lord”. If you cannot do so then you have no capability to use those words to define your teaching.

Tell you what!!! Skip all of the scripture cut and pase theology and simply tell me how the Trinity doctrine helps me become like Christ. Do not cop out as you did before. If your teaching is so superior you shoould answer this question easily.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Men refuse to acknowledge God.
    God has a beloved Son.
    Sons are not their fathers
    Brothers are not their fathers
    Sisters are not their fathers
    Mothers are not their fathers.

charity
    Participant

Hi Nick

Finding in my heart that I deeply believe at this time that…

Christ in the flesh conceived of the Holy Ghost that came down from heaven to do his fathers work; indeed was made flesh, that he was made a little lower than the Angels,
    And then glorified as the Angels on earth,   and again glorified back to what he was from the beginning.

I find Christ having the same Job description as Michael the Archangel, who being set over the large percentage of Man kind, by God from the beginning

Even the Holy Ghost Descended down on him as a dove as it should come down upon all men.

Christ In the flesh with the mind of his father; for God shall not give authority to any to execute judgment on earth if they hold not his will and mind.
    And are they not all ministering spirits sent from God to preach the everlasting Gospel of salvation; as spoken in scripture?
    Are not all the Angels to be tested and tried before being glorified; for God can not have unrighteousness in heaven again, as that which was in the beginning that they should come to earth and cause the creation to fall and return to dust. Satan even able to transform himself into a Angel of light
    That the saints are also given authority to execute judgment on earth upon being…
    Anointed as Sons of God …acting Body of Christ after the first begotten Son; King of Kings; Lord of Lords.

charity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity.
    Greater glory later than he had before
    far above servant Michael
    who knows him as Lord.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 524 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account