JESUS CHRIST AND THE EARLY CHURCH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Henoch
    Participant

I AM THE DOOR,” said Christ. “By me if any man enter in, he shall be saved.” Christ is the Door to the Kingdom of Heaven, which we can find within us even during this life and which continues for eternity. But how do we find that Door amidst thousands of different sects and philosophies, all of which present a different image of Christ? If we look into the history of the Church He founded, we find one unbroken line in which His image has been kept pure and undistorted. That line is ancient Orthodoxy, the measuring-stick of true Christianity.
    Come to the Door! Find it through the ancient historic path…

http://users.sisqtel.net/williams/doortoparadise/doortoparadise.html

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Henoch,
    Tradition is not the door.
    Jesus is the door.
    Come out of her.

Henoch
    Participant

hi Nick

let me ask you a question. Do you really think that all christian have the same belives about our lord Jesus chirst?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Henoch,
    What you believe about Jesus Christ does matter. You must know that he is the Son of God and the key to our salvation sent by God. You must believe also in him if you believe in God and come to him to be reborn into him by repentance, water and the Spirit so that then he knows you. Just knowing of him is useless unless we respond to his message, and it is sad that many have heard of him, perhaps even try to worship him, but do not obey him as Lord that they might be saved.

Henoch
    Participant

You are very right for everything you said. what is all this confusioin? if you don't know the history how do people find out the pure and undistorted teaching of our lord Jesus chirst?

Henoch
    Participant

“Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” Jer.6:16

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Henoch,
    Seek YE first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
    There is little value in studying the paths of other religious men.
    They will not be with you when you stand alone before the one you call master.
    Will he know you will be the issue then.

Henoch
    Participant

Nick, Did you know

That there are many people today who like the King James Bible so much, that they would not use any other Bible, and they say that the 66 books in the King James Bible, are the only books that one should use? And yet, the first King James Bible, DID NOT HAVE 66 books in it. The original 1611 King James Bible, had 80 books in it. Which shows that they are not using the King James Bible, as it was first used, and treasured by Christians.
    http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/kjv.browse.html

The canon of the Ethiopic Bible differs both in the Old and New Testament from that of any other churches.
    List all books. As a whole, books written in the Geez language and on parchment are numerous. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church has 46 books of the Old Testament and 35 books of the New Testament that will bring the total of canonized books of the Bible to 81.

http://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english….oks.htm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi henoch,
    Thanks.

Nick, Did you know

That there are many people today who like the King James Bible so much, that they would not use any other Bible, and they say that the 66 books in the King James Bible, are the only books that one should use? And yet, the first King James Bible, DID NOT HAVE 66 books in it. The original 1611 King James Bible, had 80 books in it. Which shows that they are not using the King James Bible, as it was first used, and treasured by Christians.
    http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/kjv.browse.html

The canon of the Ethiopic Bible differs both in the Old and New Testament from that of any other churches.
    List all books. As a whole, books written in the Geez language and on parchment are numerous. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church has 46 books of the Old Testament and 35 books of the New Testament that will bring the total of canonized books of the Bible to 81.

http://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english….oks.htm

Henoch

Maybe you should make your own Bible! :O

Henoch
    Participant

dear WorshippingJesus,

May God open up your heart.

dear WorshippingJesus,

May God open up your heart.

Henoch

He has my friend. I dont doubt the scriptures!

If we doubt the scriptures, then we have no solid foundation for the truth.

Dont get me wrong I use and compare all the translations with prayer and guidance of our teacher the Holy Spirit.

I use the King James because I am used to it and because I like its language.

But I use it with careful study of Hebrew and greek, and compare to other translations?

Again if we doubt the scriptures then we have no solid foundation to build our faith on.

II Tim 3:
    14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
    15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Mk 12:24
    And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

II Peter 3:
    16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
    17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
    18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Blessings :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Henoch @ Jan. 10 2007,03:00)
    I AM THE DOOR,” said Christ. “By me if any man enter in, he shall be saved.” Christ is the Door to the Kingdom of Heaven, which we can find within us even during this life and which continues for eternity. But how do we find that Door amidst thousands of different sects and philosophies, all of which present a different image of Christ? If we look into the history of the Church He founded, we find one unbroken line in which His image has been kept pure and undistorted. That line is ancient Orthodoxy, the measuring-stick of true Christianity.
       Come to the Door! Find it through the ancient historic path…

http://users.sisqtel.net/williams/doortoparadise/doortoparadise.html

Hi,
    Rebellious tradition proudly promotes itself above Christ

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account