Jesus and sin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Kj:

There many prophecies that have been fulfilled, but there is one that I will give you here, and that is that is that the Nation of Israel exists as a nation again after 2000 years.  This is prophetic.

acertainchap
    Participant

Ezekiel 36:33-38

33 ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will also enable you to dwell in the cities, and the ruins shall be rebuilt. 34 The desolate land shall be tilled instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass by. 35 So they will say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden; and the wasted, desolate, and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’ 36 Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the LORD, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the LORD, have spoken it, and I will do it.”
    37 ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “I will also let the house of Israel inquire of Me to do this for them: I will increase their men like a flock. 38 Like a flock offered as holy sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem on its feast days, so shall the ruined cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.”

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 16 2008,20:33)
    Hi Kj:

There many prophecies that have been fulfilled, but there is one that I will give you here, and that is that is that the Nation of Israel exists as a nation again after 2000 years. This is prophetic.

Where is that given in scripture? And if so, NT or OT?

acertainchap
    Participant

kejonn, not to be rude or anything, but did you even bother to read those Scriptures that I showed, above?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 17 2008,14:09)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 16 2008,20:33)
    Hi Kj:

There many prophecies that have been fulfilled, but there is one that I will give you here, and that is that is that the Nation of Israel exists as a nation again after 2000 years.  This is prophetic.

Where is that given in scripture? And if so, NT or OT?

Hi Kj:

First, the prophecy that they would cease to exist as a nation in the OT is here:

9:26
    And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

And in the NT is here:

Luke 13:34
    O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!  
    13:35
    Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you *, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.  

And here relative to the temple being destroyed:

Matthew 24      
    24:1
    And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.  
    24:2
    And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.  

I believe that the following scriptures in the OT speak prophetically of Israel becoming a nation again since they ceased to be a nation in the above scriptures:

Isa 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Ezekiel 37:15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Zech 10:6 And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the LORD their God, and will hear them. 7 And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the LORD. 8 I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased. 9 And I will sow them among the people: and they shall remember me in far countries; and they shall live with their children, and turn again. 10 I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria; and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon; and place shall not be found for them. 11 And he shall pass through the sea with affliction, and shall smite the waves in the sea, and all the deeps of the river shall dry up: and the pride of Assyria shall be brought down, and the sceptre of Egypt shall depart away. 12 And I will strengthen them in the LORD; and they shall walk up and down in his name, saith the LORD.

In the NT:

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, F44 and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ign
    orant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness F45 in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30 For as ye in times past have not believed F46 God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 Even so have these also now not believed, F47 that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded F48 them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    'First, the prophecy that they would cease to exist as a nation in the OT is here:

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

And in the NT is here:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
    Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you *, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. '

The House of Israel is desolate and their sanctuary no longer is the Holy of Holies.
    God now dwells in the new temple, the people of Christ on earth.
    This has nothing to do with politics.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,06:56)
    Hi 94,
    You say
    'First, the prophecy that they would cease to exist as a nation in the OT is here:

And in the NT is here:

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you *, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. '

The House of Israel is desolate and their sanctuary no longer is the Holy of Holies.
    God now dwells in the new temple, the people of Christ on earth.
    This has nothing to do with politics.

Hi Nick:

Whatever you say.  I gave my understanding.  The Israel of God is now the church.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    This speaks of the chosen people not a political nation
    Rom 9

3For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

27Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

28For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

29And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

30What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,09:40)
    Hi 94,
    This speaks of the chosen people not a political nation
    Rom 9

3For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

27Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

28For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

29And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

30What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Hi Nick:

Is the fact that the Nation of Israel exists as a nation again after two two thousand years prophetic or not?  Please give me your understanding.  Is there a reason why they exist as a nation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I believe so.

Samuel
    Participant

I'm not quite sure where the topic is at…at this point.

However,
    As I understand it all…Sin is a daily fight/battle that we all fight.

“Daily”

Yeah we have spirits that we wrestle with, of course our flesh…which is in fact our own worst enemy I believe.

I'm a firm believer that I'm most likely my own worst enemy. The bad thing about this is the enemy knows this, and he uses it to try to fight us. He gets in our mind and tries to put thoughts and Ideas in there to convince us that we are thinking evil thoughts and that we should not be doing that. That GOD don't love us anymore, and all this hog wash, that we know is not true.

Satan is a lier and a thief. He is come to kill, deceive and destroy as many as he can.

The good news is. He has already lost the fight, he has already been defeated!

Hi Samuel! You know that the Father has given us to Jesus, and Jesus said that He is not going to loose us. We are under his Blood and Sin is not imputed to us. If we walk in the Spirit we do not Sin. Flesh will Sin. That is why Paul says that what He does he does not wants to do, and want he should, He does not. Those writings are rather hard to understand. That is why it says without Gods holy Spirit we don't understand the things of God. We should be Baptized according to Scripture and receive the Holy Spirit. Have you done that?
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Samuel
    Participant

Yes I have done that.

You have to pick up your cross “Daily” and serve the lord.
    Is the point I'm trying to make.

I find my self using Caps trying to express something, when I should put it in ” marks instead. It confuses the amount of stress that I'm actually trying to implement.

Quote (Samuel @ Feb. 23 2008,23:15)
    Yes I have done that.

You have to pick up your cross “Daily” and serve the lord.
    Is the point I'm trying to make.

I find my self using Caps trying to express something, when I should put it in ” marks instead.  It confuses the amount of stress that I'm actually trying to implement.

Yes, we have to pick up our cross and follow Jesus, otherwise we are not worthy of Him. I am very happy that you have been Baptized and you do walk in the spirit. Sometimes life is not easy and Satan will put obstacles in our way. Looking back tho, I can see how much i have grown and for that I am forever grateful to God for.
    We do miss the fellowship of a church, but there just is nobody around that is not of the trinitarian belief.
    So I wait in anticipation for our Savior Jesus Christ return.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Samuel   I am so sorry that you have not returned to post? I hope I did not say something to make you or upset you. If that is the case, I am sorry.
    I just don't know what it could be, I do miss you and wish you would just say Hello.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Anither couple of days have gone by without your posting and I wish you would return.

Love Mrs.

Sometimes such nice people come on here and they leave, and I just do not know why that is. It makes me feel so bad, especially when I had a dialog with someone.
    Two very nice people left without saying why. Samuel and Heavens. Heavens did say goodbye and why. It is the kindness that we display that He did not like. I wonder if we should not all try to change that. God is Love and Love we should show to others, even in a debate. How do you feel about that, all.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Mrs.

Many people float around numerous boards searching for just the right place to settle in for a while.
    They may stay for a short while and then are searching again. It has nothing to do with anything that
    was done wrong here, or could be changed. They may actually never find a place that they are truly comfortable.

On any forum where debate is permitted, differences of opinion will seem like strife to some people.
    But any place where everyone believes exactly the same, and are not permitted to differ, becomes boring quickly. I have seen those kinds of forums before, and I left them.

Tim

Timothy VI Thank you for your respond. It is very much appreciated. Being happy in the Lord has always been my prerogative. When somebody comes on here and calls others name, is not love and that I have objected to. And it has happend on here over and over again. That is what I feel should be changed on this website. For instance we have an Atheist that comes and makes fun of my Savior Jesus Christ and gets away with it. To me that is Sinning against our Christ and God. I do not think that a loving debate about scriptures could ever get boring to me.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :( :D

Samuel
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 18 2006,11:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 17 2006,10:59)
    Hi,
    Jesus is Son of Man. He was the son of Mary and shared our weak estate being subjected to all the testing we are without ever sinning. He was the Overcomer and showed us the way.
    We are saved by being reborn into him as God requires and then we have to work out our salvation as Christ is born into us after the sowing of the seed. We are forgiven now but God works perfection into us.
    We do not receive Christ as our Saviour but God accepts our humble repentant faith and graciously begets us into Christ and restores our conscience and teaches us His ways from within our temple.

We can still sin but we cannot be condemned in Christ if we are walk in him according to the Spirit.

So how were we to do greater works?  Such as the apostles did.  Why have they stopped.  Are the dead being raised?  Are the sick being healed?  Is it because of lack of faith that we being taught over and over that we are sinners.  Scripture say we don't sin. Scripture also says we have “sinned” not sinning and fall short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23)

Yes we have sinned but Jesus paid our debt.  So we have no sin and if the faith of a mustard seed should be able to move mountians.

That is a super question!

How are we to do greater works…and have they stopped.

I would think the answer is quite obvious…Jesus fasted 40 days and forty nights…prayed ALL the time.

We can even fast 12 hours…and only pray when we go to church every other Sunday.

What if his people prayed…I mean really prayed? Look what praying did for Isral …praying got them out of Egypt.
    I'm not talking about praying for a new car, a new job, a new house, a girlfriend, boyfriend, all the candy you can eat…

I'm talking about praying …telling GOD that you love him …talking to him like you would your friend on the phone.
    Thats what he wants from us…a relationship.

Look how we do GOD? We treat him like hes a vending machine. We don't never pray or fast till its time for us to want something.

Do you ever get up in the morning and the first thing out of your mouth is “Thank you GOD”?

Futhermore the Holy Ghost is a gentelman…hes not going to “Make” us do anything.

I would imagine that if we were to pray and fast more and keep the commandments better we probably would do lots of wonderous things. Even myself…look at me…I can't even keep my temper in control for 8 hours at my Job that I would not even have if it was not for GOD.

Thats probably the very reason that we can't do the things we were told we could do.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Mar. 05 2008,23:57)
    Many people float around numerous boards searching for just the right place to settle in for a while.

I find this so interesting! I barely have enough time to contribute here (I do it in the evenings mostly when everyone has gone to bed or I may have the computer on during the day when I'm working and check in). But I certainly wouldn't have time to maintain various boards.

I wonder how many people do this? I've been on Kevin's site for a brief time but it also became hard to maintain two different dialogs/sites, so I quit it. Anyway, I just find it interesting. If there are members here who are on different boards, I wonder what they talk about on other boards?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account