Jesus and blood sacrifice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 07 2008,00:08)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 05 2008,21:19)
    Hi tow,
    Those who knew God recognised His son and listened to him.

Then you'd do well to jump on the theology that SOL is pushing because the ones who knew G-d's Torah did not listen to him. They still don't.

Those who were religious and too smart did not.
    They are still waiting for him.

Too smart? Ah to be cursed with intelligence! G-d why did you give me intelligence? Oh to be born mentally deficient.

Hi tow,
    You do not accept the spirit of the OT, much of the detail and and all miracles.
    Yet you find fault with the Jews who at least do believe these things?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,11:53)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 07 2008,00:08)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 05 2008,21:19)
    Hi tow,
    Those who knew God recognised His son and listened to him.

Then you'd do well to jump on the theology that SOL is pushing because the ones who knew G-d's Torah did not listen to him. They still don't.

Those who were religious and too smart did not.
    They are still waiting for him.

Too smart? Ah to be cursed with intelligence! G-d why did you give me intelligence? Oh to be born mentally deficient.

Hi tow,
    You do not accept the spirit of the OT, much of the detail and and all miracles.
    Yet you find fault with the Jews who at least do believe these things?

No, and I challenge you to show where I said anything of the such about Jews. You are the one making many anti-semitic statements.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You said if you recall
    “Then you'd do well to jump on the theology that SOL is pushing because the ones who knew G-d's Torah did not listen to him. They still don't.”

Does this not refer to the Jews?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,13:35)
    Hi Tow,
    You said if you recall
    “Then you'd do well to jump on the theology that SOL is pushing because the ones who knew G-d's Torah did not listen to him. They still don't.”

Does this not refer to the Jews?

If you'd gather a few brain cells together to coordinate a thought, you'd realize I was speaking of Jesus. The ones who knew Torah ignored Jesus. How is this an insult to the Jews?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Perhaps you should take more care?
    Knowledge of Torah clearly was not knowledge of God.
    They missed seeing their God in the vessel of His son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 06 2008,13:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 05 2008,15:51)
    Hi tow,
    Dio you judge God and the plan of God?

No I just question your opinion that G-d hid His plan from His chosen people, mislead them into thinking they would have a different messianic age, and then had spiritual sex with a human so he could kill His human offspring for a sacrifice. Did G-d just change His mind and then say “Hey son, you tell them. I'm going on a retreat”.

The plan is of unity with Him and His Spirit.

His Son was anointed in His wondrous Spirit and we are united with God Himself in His Son.
    Sin is cast out of heaven and earth and God's kingdom will be complete.
    Want to join with the winners?

I'm already there baby. Here are the winners if you want to tag along:

Zec 8:23  Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, 'Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.'”

Hi tow,
    We are all endebted to the Jewish people for their care of Scripture and a faithful remnant people from their ranks will be in Jerusalem .

Zech 8
    11But now I will not be unto the residue of this people as in the former days, saith the LORD of hosts.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,18:28)
    Hi Tow,
    Perhaps you should take more care?
    Knowledge of Torah clearly was not knowledge of God.

So Torah is false?

They missed seeing their God in the vessel of His son.

Because he was not spoken of in the false Torah?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Knowledge without wisdom is of liitle value.
    Knowledge without love is not helpful.
    Knowledge without action is useless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    He showed his disciples where he was spoken of in the OT.
    If they will not listen to Moses
    why would they listen if someone rose from the dead?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,19:29)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 06 2008,13:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 05 2008,15:51)
    Hi tow,
    Dio you judge God and the plan of God?

No I just question your opinion that G-d hid His plan from His chosen people, mislead them into thinking they would have a different messianic age, and then had spiritual sex with a human so he could kill His human offspring for a sacrifice. Did G-d just change His mind and then say “Hey son, you tell them. I'm going on a retreat”.

The plan is of unity with Him and His Spirit.

His Son was anointed in His wondrous Spirit and we are united with God Himself in His Son.
    Sin is cast out of heaven and earth and God's kingdom will be complete.
    Want to join with the winners?

I'm already there baby. Here are the winners if you want to tag along:

Zec 8:23 Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, 'Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.'”

Hi tow,
    We are all endebted to the Jewish people for their care of Scripture and a faithful remnant people from their ranks will be in Jerusalem .

Who determines the faithful? Are they the ones who accept Jesus? I'm sure that's your idea.

Zech 8
    11But now I will not be unto the residue of this people as in the former days, saith the LORD of hosts.

Zec 8:11 But now I will not deal with the remnant of this people as in the former days, declares the LORD of hosts.

Note the word “not” here Nick. G-d says He will not deal with a remnant, but all.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,19:46)
    Hi Tow,
    Knowledge without wisdom is of liitle value.
    Knowledge without love is not helpful.
    Knowledge without action is useless.

Sadly, you seem to be missing knowledge and perhaps a few of the others you mentioned.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,19:47)
    Hi Tow,
    He showed his disciples where he was spoken of in the OT.

Then why didn't he, or they, pass that knowledge on to others? Was it an inside secret?

If they will not listen to Moses
    why would they listen if someone rose from the dead?

They did listen to Moses. They just didn't listen to Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    If they had heard Moses they would have recognised Jesus.
    Even Herod had more useful ideas.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,21:03)
    Hi tow,
    If they had heard Moses they would have recognised Jesus.

Then show me Jesus in Torah.

Even Herod had more useful ideas.

Magi from another religion came to Herod. That is another reason that Jesus was not the Jewish King Messiah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Peter spoke of one such time.
    Acts 3
    22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

But then you do not believe in Jesus or Peter or the bible so how could you hear it?

Towshab
    Participant

Spam above. You've already posted this passage and it didn't prove anything then either.

CLIO-PATRA
    Participant

Towshab are you still around? I note that this thread was written in 2008 . if this comes to you I would like to chat with you … Shalom
    can you contact me on [email protected]

bodhitharta
    Participant

I have shown conclusively that there is forgiveness without the shedding of Blood and there always has. Even when Jesus forgave the adulterer he did not say now go sacrifice an animal or he himself did not shed his blood. He said God demands Mercy over Sacrifice but most don't know.

bodhitharta
    Participant

read the Book of Jonah. In Jonah, the People of Ninevah do three things in order to be forgiven by God. They fast, they pray for forgiveness, and they stop doing the Bad and start doing the Good, and God forgives them! This is exactly what we do on Yom Kippur, we fast, we pray for forgiveness, and, hopefully, we stop doing the Bad and start doing the Good, and God forgives us. And what book do we read on Yom Kippur afternoon? The Book of Jonah!

And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Ninevah, by the decree of the King and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock taste anything; let them not feed nor drink water; but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God; yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger that we perish not? And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did not do it. [Jonah 3:7-10]

Please notice that Jonah tells us that God saw their WORKS, their deeds, how they turned from their evil ways, and God forgave them. It does not say that God saw their blood sacrifice, they never offered one. It does not say that God saw that they had the right faith, but rather it says that God saw their deeds.

There are plenty of other examples that show that we do not need a blood sacrifice for our sins, in order for God to forgive us. (For example, the giving of incense in Numbers 16:47; the giving of jewelry in Numbers 31:50; and, for Isaiah, a live coal on the lips in Isaiah 6:6-7). However, if I can show only one time, as we find in the Book of Jonah, where God did not need a blood sacrifice, or a sacrifice of any kind, it proves that we do not need a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins.

http://whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation03.html

bodhitharta
    Participant

Acts 21:26 (King James Version)
    26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them

What a sacrifice after Jesus!? I guess my point was well made

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account