Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    Eliyah
    Participant

Or, maybe this board…

http://exjw.meetup.com/boards/

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi e,
    Why do you harrass David and not try to communicate with him??

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick, there you go again with assuming such and such about me.

I'm not harassing him, but asking him to be aware and read many ex-Jws posts as they themselves do exist.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

Why do you twist everything I write, and blindly assume and mis-understand my posts, and accuse me of such things?

I wonder, do you do this on purpose inorder to get the other person to believe your same accusations against me too?

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,
    I need not remind you( or do I?), that such above of your mis-understanding and twisting and accusations against a person is a trait of satan the devil.

Eliyah
    Participant

It is exactly true as a certain person said to me, “” I think people are blind to what I write, as does everyone else whose posts get ignored or rejected.””

I certainly do believe that statement to be true, however, I also start to wonder IF some purposely twist my posts, to cause others to falsely accuse me, and to believe their accusations against me, inoder to dis-credit my scriptural posts.

david
    Participant

Elijah, sorry, Eliyah brings up a good point.
    There are about 40,000 JW disfellowshiped (excommunicated) every year.
    We actually follow the unpopular scriptural command to disfellowship from such ones.
    But Eliyah, what are the chances that someone who has been removed from an organization because of their conduct is going to have anything good or helpful to say? I'm uncertain as to why you suggested I look at what apostates have to say.

david.

david
    Participant

Hey Eliyah,
    When people come to this forum, and they look at the Jehovah's Witness thread, they will now be directed to those apostate sites against Jehovah's Witnesses, which are mostly created by and for ex-JW's.
    Elijah, I would never tell people to go to google and type in “Sacred Name Movement” (SNM) and see what the internet has to say about your beliefs. They could do that if they wanted. But I would never point people in that direction. Everything you've said on here can be argued against in great detail by certain websites.
    You know Eliyah, you can even find a website that goes through our “Trinity” broshure line by line disecting it “proving” it wrong. Most everything such sites say is simply wrong.
    Your pointing people to such sites where people hate JW's reveals something about you.

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 28 2005,16:45)
    Hey Eliyah,
    When people come to this forum, and they look at the Jehovah's Witness thread, they will now be directed to those apostate sites against Jehovah's Witnesses, which are mostly created by and for ex-JW's.
    Elijah, I would never tell people to go to google and type in “Sacred Name Movement” (SNM) and see what the internet has to say about your beliefs.  They could do that if they wanted.  But I would never point people in that direction.  Everything you've said on here can be argued against in great detail by certain websites.
    You know Eliyah, you can even find a website that goes through our “Trinity” broshure line by line disecting it “proving” it wrong.  Most everything such sites say is simply wrong.  
    Your pointing people to such sites where people hate JW's reveals something about you.

david.

Hi david,
    Are ex JWs apostates in your opinion?
    So is the JW way the only true way?

That sounds like claims the catholic church makes.

Eliyah
    Participant

David, I told you before, I do NOT belong to ANY movement or organization, do you have a problem in understanding plain English?

Is that many millions of people apostates?

Just look at those many boards the so many many people,what did merely a few of those do David, spit on the side walk, take a drink of wine, drink too much coffee, or what?

I do not know everything that constitutes being excommunicated from the JWs Organization David, why don't you tell us?

Since you seem to be leveling, “”

what this reveals of me

, but what does this reveal about that Organization?

david
    Participant

Sorry, Nick and Eliyah, no I didn't mean to imply that ex Jehovah Witnesses are apostates. By far, most of course are not.
    My point was that it is somewhat underhanded and vile to direct people to hate sites that were created by people that were most likely removed from our organization. If one has an ex wife for example, Eliyah, how likely is she to speak well of you? Is that the best place to learn about you?

Yes Eliyah, most were removed for coffee drinking. NO. Sadly, fornication is by far the top of the list. We are imperfect humans, as are you. What it reveals about our organization, is that unlike other religions, we do not hide, transfer or ignore wrongdoing. We follow scriptural commands and the pattern set out by the early Christian congregation. If the wrongdoer is not repentant, he is a danger to the congregation.
    How do you handle those scriptures that speak of removing the wrongdoer Eliyah?

Nick said:
    “So is the JW way the only true way?
    That sounds like claims the catholic church makes.”

No, rather it sounds like claims the early Christians made.

The Bible does not agree with the modern view that there are many acceptable ways to worship God. Ephesians 4:5 says there is “one Lord, one faith.” Jesus stated: “Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.”—Matt. 7:13, 14, 21; see also 1 Corinthians 1:10.
    Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to the body of true Christian teachings as “the truth,” and Christianity is spoken of as “the way of the truth.” (1 Tim. 3:15; 2 John 1; 2 Pet. 2:2)

david

david
    Participant

OK, Eliyah, you're not part of the Sacred Name Movement. How do you feel about them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Do you say then there is no salvation outside of the Jehovahs Witnesses? It alone is the way to life?

Then your heart must break at every rejection as it sounds the death knell for them? Is that the way you see it?

Would your organisation have welcomed Peter and Paul and John? Would they have had to accept your customs or vice versa? In which ways does it resemble the early church? Healings? Prophecy? Tongues?

david
    Participant

“I'm a catholic. I'm not interested in the Bible.”
    “I'm not interested in discussing the Bible. I'm already a Christian.”
    etc.
    etc.
    Sometimes, in my head, I laugh at such obviously contradictory responces.
    Other times, I do feel sad.
    We don't really see it like you say though. We are not the judges. Just the messengers.
    Nick, if you were to ever go preaching to people about God's Kingdom as the early disciples did, and as Jesus fortold, would you be saddened by rejections?

Disturbed by the outspokenness of Peter and John, the leaders commanded the two apostles to stop preaching. The apostles responded:
    “We cannot stop speaking about the things we have seen and heard.”
    After being threatened and released, Peter and John returned to their brothers, and all joined in prayer to Jehovah. They courageously asked Jehovah: “Grant your slaves to keep speaking your word with all boldness.”—Acts 4:13, 20, 29.

Nick, I'm wondering if you “heal” and speak in “tongues” as someone else has already asked on here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,

What have you “seen “and “heard” of the work of God in your midst?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 30 2005,00:11)
    from our organization

Hi david,

I haven't read all this discussion, but I want to comment on your quoted words.

Jesus' Church is not your organisation. It is Jesus organisation. That is the difference that we are trying to point out.

Many think the works of man are the works of God, but they are mistaken. Jesus' Church (organisation) is his bride. He is the head and we are the body. It is Jesus who grows his church and it is he who directs the church according to God's will.

When we say MY CHURCH/ORGANISATION, we are talking of another. For that is like saying MY BRIDE. The Church is his bride. Therefore you cannot say my Bride to mean the bride of Christ, unless you are Christ himself. The bride is the bride. The bride cannot say MY BRIDE when talking of herself can she.

Like all who claim that THEIR CHURCH/ORGANISATION is the right one, they are in error. None of them are true. It is Jesus who is the truth and it is HIS BRIDE who dwells in Christ who is the Truth and the Way.

Of course you need eyes to see and ears to hear. All the carnal mind can see is the things of man. It is those who are born from above (of the Spirit) who can truly see and truly hear.

david
    Participant

Have you noticed that it's much easier to ask questions than to answer them?
    Have you noticed that you ask more questions than you answer?
    Have you noticed that I'm now talking in questions?
    Did you ever answer “Onespirit” (I believe) when he asked you about the speaking in tongues and healing?
    Did you know that if it's Supper time in New Zealand, it's time for me to sleep here?

Good Night.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 29 2005,06:34)
    “I'm a catholic.  I'm not interested in the Bible.”
    “I'm not interested in discussing the Bible.  I'm already a Christian.”
    etc.
    etc.
    Sometimes, in my head, I laugh at such obviously contradictory responces.    
    Other times, I do feel sad.
    We don't really see it like you say though.  We are not the judges.  Just the messengers.
    Nick, if you were to ever go preaching to people about God's Kingdom as the early disciples did, and as Jesus fortold, would you be saddened by rejections?

Disturbed by the outspokenness of Peter and John, the leaders commanded the two apostles to stop preaching. The apostles responded:
    “We cannot stop speaking about the things we have seen and heard.”
    After being threatened and released, Peter and John returned to their brothers, and all joined in prayer to Jehovah. They courageously asked Jehovah: “Grant your slaves to keep speaking your word with all boldness.”—Acts 4:13, 20, 29.

Nick, I'm wondering if you “heal” and speak in “tongues” as someone else has already asked on here.

Hi David,
    I use tongues when I am stressed and troubled and don't know what is wrong or how to pray. That is often enough.
    I would pray for healing if asked.

david
    Participant

“When we say MY CHURCH/ORGANISATION, we are talking of another. For that is like saying MY BRIDE. The Church is his bride. Therefore you cannot say my Bride to mean the bride of Christ, unless you are Christ himself. The bride is the bride. The bride cannot say MY BRIDE when talking of herself can she.”
    Odd reasoning t8. (what does t8 mean?)
    Right, but the Bride is not a bride to herself. She is herself, an organization.
    My organization/church can equal his bride, just like your wife can equal your son's mother.
    Let's say I have a sister who is going to get married. She is a bride to him, a sister to me. She can be both.
    I find this very odd reasoning.

t8 says:
    “Jesus' Church is not your organisation. It is Jesus organisation. That is the difference that we are trying to point out.”
    Well, if that's what you're attempting to do, can you please do a better job of it.

david.
    OK, this time I'm actually going to sleep.

david
    Participant

Isn't using tongues when you speak in another language? Wasn't this gift originally given so that the good news could be preached more quickly to all?

What do you mean by speaking in tongues?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account