Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Right, they are the same thing. And what does that mean? What does it tell us?

Eliyah
    Participant

David,

You asked Nick, “”

So Elijah has you speaking hebrew now?

David, I will also defend Nick too!

What's wrong with speaking the original Hebrew, which is the very original language that the scriptures were written?

David, why don'y you “” LOOK “” in the “” footnotes “” of your ( N.W.T.), what are those Hebrew words doing there?

Eliyah C.

Eliyah
    Participant

David, it is even written in the ( Appendix ) in the back of your ( N.W.T.) where they( The JWs) admit that the Father's more correct Name is Yahwih=Yahweh=YaHWeH “”.

david
    Participant

Much of the Scriptures were written in Hebrew Elijah.

When something is translated, it's good to look at the original expressions, obviously, for clarity.
    But the Scriptures themselves are in English.
    We speak English.

If you like Elijah, I can help you in your effort to convince me.

Why don't you ask why we have transliterated the words hades and sheol instead of using the word hell?

david
    Participant

We have just confirmed that no Jehovah's Witnesses were killed in the New Orleans disaster. This would be owing to our organization Nick.

david
    Participant

“The text located i the U.S.S.R., namely, the Codex Leningrad B 19A, used for Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS), vowel-points the Tetragrammaton to read Yehwah, Yehwih and a number of times Yehowah, as in Ge 3:14. The edition of the Hebrew text by Ginsburg (Gins.) vowel-points YHWH to read Yehowah.”

Is this what you were trying to say?

Eliyah
    Participant

David,

Then WHY do the JWs admit in the BOOKLET called ( Let Your Name be Sanctified, Pages 16 and 20) that the Name Yahweh is the more correct Name, but they( The JWs) use the name ” Jehovah ” because people are more familiar with that name??

David, I wanted people to KNOW the more correct “” Hebrew to English Transliteration” is the Name YAHWEH, because the name of ” Jehovah ” was derived at by combinning the “” Vowel pointing of the word ” Adonia “” with the four letters “” YHWH “”.

Ps. You NEVER did go answer that question in the “” Baal Gad Topic “” for me ??

Eliyah C.

Eliyah
    Participant

Here is ANOTHER interesting Article in the ( New World Translation, Page 1561 of the Appendix)

“”

The Edition of the Hebrew text by Ginsburg( Gins.) VOWEL POINTS YHWH to read Yehowah. While many translators FAVOR THE PRONOUNCIATION ' YAHWEH ', the New World Translation CONTINUES TO USE THE FORM 'JEHOVAH ' BECAUSE OF PEOPLE'S FAMILIARITY WITH IT FOR CENTURIES.

There is also ANOTHER interesting Article here ON THE SAME PAGE that absolutely PROVES what I've been saying about substituting ” titles ” for YHWH'S Name was developed IN THE LATER COPIES OF THE SEPTUAGINT, the Latin Vulgate, and MANY OTHER TRANSLATIONS, ancient and modern.

“”

A Greek-English Lexicon, by Liddel and Scott(LS), page 1013, states Kuplos=Hebrew YAHWEH, LXX Gen.11:5, al””

End of Quote from ( N.W.T. Page 1561 in the Appendix)

I rest my case for YHWH'S name being Substitued for ” TITLES” in LATER COPIES OF THE SEPTUAGINT.

The sacred Name of YAHWEH is in THE FIRST CENTURY fragments of the LXX, but the Name was later substituted with “” TITLES “” in the later copies of the 3rd century LXX.

I have studied all this before, and even the ( N.W.T.) will back me up on those pagan substituted ” Titles “” for His true Name of YHWH=Yah( Psalms 68:4).

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    How did the meeting go?

david
    Participant

Why are you still awake. Isn't it like 4:00 in the morning there?

Hey, do you have a New Zealand accent?

The meeting went fine. A chinese brother was teaching me the proper pronunciation of some things.

david
    Participant

Nick, doens't it wear you down constantly having to defend your beliefs, hour after hour?

NickHassan
    Participant

No ,
    Kiwis do not have accents!1755 here. What did you learn?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 15 2005,06:35)
    Nick, doens't it wear you down constantly having to defend your beliefs, hour after hour?

Hi david,
    Attack all you like. I learn with each brick thrown.

david
    Participant

I'll just briefly describe the two meetings we had tonight.
    The Theocratic Ministry School is made up of several students giving talks on a variety of subjects. It helps them in their speaking ability. It helps them with public speaking and with talking with people in the preaching work. Plus, we get to discuss Bible topics and we are constantly being refreshed with Scriptural thoughts.
    Then, the Service Meeting. There are announcements, then a couple other Audience discussions with question and answer parts.
    This particular meeting, we were visited by a brother tsi. As I've mentioned, he's chinese. He gave a little talk and will be giving a talk in Chinese on Sunday in the afternoon. We have about 13 new Chinese congregations in the past 6 years in Canada. A lot of Chinese people in this city in which I live. They come to school here. They are very receptive to the kingdom message. Often it seems like we're helping them with their english while studying with them. Personally, it's quite a change to study with someone who doesn't have any of the Christendom false beliefs to deal with.

david

david
    Participant

Funny. A dodger of bricks. I haven't thrown any bricks at you have I?
    Just scriptures.

david
    Participant

OK, so you don't sleep during the night. I assume you sleep during the day then?
    Do you work?

NickHassan
    Participant

6.30 pm david here so not bedtime yet. Yes I work fulltime .This is my diversion and it helps me grow.

david
    Participant

OOOH. 6:30 PM. I thought you were 6 hours ahead of me, not behind me. That makes more cents, working fulltime.

david
    Participant

“They could have been immediately freed.”

Genevieve De Gaulle, niece of Charles de Gaulle, former president of France got to know Jehovah’s Witnesses personally in the Nazi concentration camp at Ravensbruck, northern Germany. She wrote the above words in a letter in August 1945.

The concentration camp at Auschwitz, Poland, was liberated on January 27, 1945. Ever since 1996, this date has been a memorial day in Germany for victims of Hitler’s Third Reich.

During an official memorial speech on January 27, 2003, the president of the State Parliament of Baden-Wurttemberg, Peter Straub, commented: “All those who suffered persecution because of their religious or political beliefs and who were willing to accept death rather than submit deserve our great respect, such respect as is hard to express in words. Jehovah’s Witnesses were the only religion that completely refused to accede to the demands of the Hitler regime: They did not raise their hand to give the Hitler salute. They refused to swear allegiance to ‘Fuhrer and State,’ just as they refused to perform military and labor service. And their children did not join the Hitler Youth Movement.”

Jesus Christ said of his followers: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” (John 17:16) Hence, the stand of Jehovah’s Witnesses was purely on religious grounds. Straub continued: “Jehovah’s Witnesses, who had to wear a purple triangle on their clothes as concentration camp prisoners, were the only ones who could themselves have put an end to their own martyrdom. Signing a declaration denying their faith would have been sufficient.”

For the vast majority of the Witnesses, denying their faith was out of the question. Thus, about 1,200 of them died during the Nazi period. Two hundred and seventy were executed as conscientious objectors. They paid much more than just lip service to the statement: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.” (Acts 5:29)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    I remember speaking with a Christadelphian who told me of all the persecutions and martyrdoms they have suffered over the years but it does not make their doctrines any more true. Catholics constantly speak of their suffering at the hands of the other religious groups, in Ireland especially but this also gives no added credence to their doctrines. Neither does the antiwar stance show that the JW's are saved.
    What Yeshua says is still true and the basis for salvation.
    ” You must be born again”

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account