Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 22 2010,15:23)
    Ed, as far as distractions go, do you think it's a coincidence that you began this questioning of me about a day after I spoke ill of your Bible code theories?  I actually don't think it's a distraction personally, but I just think that you hold that belief so dear, that it upset you greatly and you took it personally when I spoke so frankly about your Bible code beliefs.

Hi David,

Why do you keep trying to flip the questions that I ask you about your organization,
    trying to somehow make it something other than disclosure of “The Truth”?
    Is not you trying to shift the focus to me a 'distraction' on your part?

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 22 2010,15:25)

Quote (david @ Dec. 22 2010,15:08)

My only goal is press David to be honest with regards to his organization!
    Because he has a habit of being evasive towards questions(in using distractions),
    and even going so far as dissuading away from “The Truth”(the essence of telling LIES).

–Ed.

Ed, I have never been dishonest about JW's.  (If you are accusing me of something, perhaps a quote and page number would be nice.)
    On your second point, do you think Jesus' teaching methods were evasive…his use of illustrations…do you know why he said he used them?
    And I have no idea what your last statement is even trying to say.  But if you are accusing me of lying, please state where.
    And if you are saying I'm lying by saying the Bible code is fallacious, no one on here would disagree with me, except you.

david

Hi David,

Pages 66-72 I asked you (the essence) this of this question…

Is it not true that your organization has taught YOU(david)
    that current non-members of your organization are not Christians?

To which you answered different questions such as what you 'thought' the first Christians were like.

Diversionary tactics like insinuating I was really asking if you thought I was a Christian.

to finally stating…

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:32)
    The only answer you will get from me is: 'People who follow Christ are Christians.'
    The answer is not: 'People who say or convince themself that they are following Christ.'

All of which fall far short of the honest answer of YES, they do teach that.

So that, my friend, is why I say… “your honesty is now in question with regard to your 'visable' organization!”

Hi David,

Dirtyknections said yes (to my question) on Page 65,
    and betweenChristendomAndJWs said yes on Page 70.

Instead of the truthful answer of “yes” that is what they teach, you Posted…
    On the last Post of page 65 (you posted) a bunch of unrelated stuff
    and then at the bottom of your Post  you ended it with: 'NOPE'.

Now, was this a 'lie' on your part (that you could justify in your mind,
    because you weren't really answering the correct question)?

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:17)
    Here is what the watchtower society says…
    Watchtower publication: May 15, 2009 Pages 4-5…

'It is the course of discretion to guard our lips when in the presence of wicked people.
    When confronted by ridicules in our ministry, silence may well be the proper response…'

'A person of “broad discernment” does not betray a confidence. (Prov.11:12)'
    A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech
    Christian elders must be particularly circumspect in this regard
    so as to retain the trust of members of the congregation.',

David, do you take this to mean that you can lie to avoid incriminating evidence?

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 22 2010,14:06)

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 22 2010,20:51)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 22 2010,03:56)
    Hi Between,

Are you saying 'they' would disapprove?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Yes, i'm saying they'll disapprove, it's hardly a Dfing act though.  I'm interested in knowing how your going to use my response to accuse my brothers, should be interesting.

Bet

no it is a control thing.

Pierre

You'll be brainwashed to if you never left the prophets or the kings. I mean imagine staying with an israelite king or prophet of God who instead of holding on to true worship he commited to spiritual fornication!!!!!!

The difference between me and most JW's is I left for a few years(not out of resentment but I just stopped going). So I have my own mind. Like the few men before christ that ran away from the israelites when they commited spiritual fornication and then went back when they stopped, so to I left when they commited spiritual fornication and went back when they stopped. It's far from perfect but it's far more organized then any christendom group.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 23 2010,21:21)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 22 2010,14:06)

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 22 2010,20:51)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 22 2010,03:56)
    Hi Between,

Are you saying 'they' would disapprove?

God bless

Yes, i'm saying they'll disapprove, it's hardly a Dfing act though.  I'm interested in knowing how your going to use my response to accuse my brothers, should be interesting.

Bet

no it is a control thing.

Pierre

You'll be brainwashed to if you never left the prophets or the kings. I mean imagine staying with an israelite king or prophet of God who instead of holding on to true worship he commited to spiritual fornication!!!!!!

The difference between me and most JW's is I left for a few years(not out of resentment but I just stopped going). So I have my own mind. Like the few men before christ that ran away from the israelites when they commited spiritual fornication and then went back when they stopped, so to I left when they commited spiritual fornication and went back when they stopped.  It's far from perfect but it's far more organized then any christendom group.

bet

sorry but i have noclue of what you talking about ???? :( :(

david
    Participant

Because he has a habit of being evasive towards questions(in using distractions),
    and even going so far as dissuading away from “The Truth”(the essence of telling LIES).

–Ed.

Ed, I have never been dishonest about JW's.  (If you are accusing me of something, perhaps a quote and page number would be nice.)
    On your second point, do you think Jesus' teaching methods were evasive…his use of illustrations…do you know why he said he used them?
    And I have no idea what your last statement is even trying to say.  But if you are accusing me of lying, please state where.
    And if you are saying I'm lying by saying the Bible code is fallacious, no one on here would disagree with me, except you.

david

Hi David,

To which you answered different questions such as what you 'thought' the first Christians were like.

Diversionary tactics like insinuating I was really asking if you thought I was a Christian.

to finally stating…

The only answer you will get from me is: 'People who follow Christ are Christians.'
    The answer is not: 'People who say or convince themself that they are following Christ.'

So that, my friend, is why I say… “your honesty is now in question with regard to your 'visable' organization!”

Hi Ed.

So for the record, what you are saying is, I didn't lie to you anywhere and you have fabricated this insinuation against me based on the fact that I didn't answer you directly?

And you continue to repeat this false idea about me.

Doesn't sound like something Christ would do.  Ed, how do you feel about Jesus?

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 22 2010,16:14)

–Ed.

david

Hi David,

to finally stating…

Hi David,

Dirtyknections said yes (to my question) on Page 65,
    and betweenChristendomAndJWs said yes on Page 70.

Instead of the truthful answer of “yes” that is what they teach, you Posted…

'It is the course of discretion to guard our lips when in the presence of wicked people.
    When confronted by ridicules in our ministry, silence may well be the proper response…'

A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech

David, do you take this to mean that you can lie to avoid incriminating evidence?

In the post above, Ed says:

If you just read his words, it looks like I am saying “nope” to his question that he keeps spamming. But really, if you go to that page, I am saying “nope” to his Bible code stuff.

Again, Ed misrepresents me.

See for yourself on the bottom of page 65, what I was actually referring to.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,16:09)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 23 2010,16:13)

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,16:18)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 20 2010,17:56)

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 20 2010,16:15)
    Jesus is not Michael the Archangel. He is the Word of God. If he was Michael it would say.

Hi Shimmer,

Here is PROOF that Jesus is “NOT” Michael the Archangel…

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
    But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou(יהוה) art mindful of him?
    or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    Thou madest him a little lower than the angels;
    thou crownedst him with glory and honor, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
    Thou(יהוה YÄ-hä-vā) hast put all things in subjection under (יהשוע YÄ-shü-ă)his feet.
    For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him.” (Heb.2:5-8)

Ed,

He being over the angels does not mean he can not be an angel any more than Obama being over americans does not mean Obama is not an American.  

This proof is fallacious.

I can give you a hundred more examples if you like.  Or, I could possibly find you the actual name of the fallacy.

Hi David,

“Two” examples using Scripture will suffice; do you have any? (Matt.18:16)

God bless

There is no scipture that says obama is an american, but logically and legally, he must be.
    Some things I believe just because they are logical.

He being over the angels does not mean he can not be an angel any more than Obama being over americans does not mean Obama is not an American.  

You do get this, right?

Or do you really not?

Hi David,

Heb.2:5 says that God did NOT put the world to come under any Angel.
    What is so difficult about that for 'you' to understand; David?

Instead you try to rationalize a JW fallacy using philosophy; why?
    Col.2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy
    and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the
    rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

david
    Participant

A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech.

–ed

Well, Ed, it doesn't say anything about lying does it?

Do you remember Jesus Ed?

Think back to Pilot. It will come to you. Sometimes, even Jesus (who I follow) did not answer his ridiculers or accusers.

Are you a Christian (follower of Jesus) Ed?

david
    Participant

–Ed

I do not understand it because the bible does not say it.

It says that it wasn't to “angels” that he subjected the world. It doesn't say what you believe it does.

In our little illustration that you don't understand or won't acknowledge, it would be like the white house saying that America is not lead by “Americans.” (meaning, it is lead by the president, one american.)

You misrepresent what the Bible actually says.

Please start quoting actual scripture.

david.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,16:36)

–Ed.

david

Hi David,

to finally stating…

Hi Ed.

So for the record, what you are saying is, I didn't lie to you anywhere and you have fabricated this insinuation against me based on the fact that I didn't answer you directly?

Hi David,

I NEVER said you lied!

I only said (based on the FACTS) that you didn't tell “The Truth”!

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 22 2010,15:29)

Quote (david @ Dec. 22 2010,15:21)
    Ed,

You do realize that lying is when you say something false that you know is wrong.

Hi David,

What do you call it when a person's response leads someone
    away from “The Truth” of (the essence) to which they inquire?

Ed J

bump for David

david
    Participant

Hi David,

I NEVER said you lied!

I only said (based on the FACTS) that you didn't tell “The Truth”!

–ed.

Well, you have accused me of “the essense of telling lies,” whatever that means.

That sounds a lot like you are saying I am lying yet you can point to absolutely no sentence that is a lie.

Ed J
    Participant

–Ed.

david

Hi David,

to finally stating…

Hi Ed.

Hi David,

Is this your way of trying to say “Yes” to the question?…

Have you decided to be truthful in regards to your 'visible' organization now?

Ed J

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 23 2010,16:53)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 22 2010,15:29)

Quote (david @ Dec. 22 2010,15:21)
    Ed,

You do realize that lying is when you say something false that you know is wrong.

Hi David,

Ed J

bump for David

But I did not do that Ed.

I used an “example” of yourself and what you believe about “Christians who kill.” (You state that they don't and therefore are guilty of doing what you are asking me about. I hoped you would make a connection.)

All of this was meant to point you “toward” what you were asking, but because it seems so much like you are constantly accusing me of things, misrepresenting me, etc, you would understand that I am reluctant to answer anything in such a way that you might twist into believing accomplishes your goal.

I stayed on subject, but no, I didn't answer your question directly. (I wonder if Pilot was as frustrated with Jesus when he wouldn't answer him?)

I am not your puppet ed. Perhaps if I had the slightest belief that you werent trying to constantly set me up or accuse me of things I would be more direct.

But for now, you only get illustrations and examples. (It's something Jesus did.)

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 23 2010,17:01)

–Ed.

david

Hi David,

to finally stating…

Hi Ed.

Hi David,

Ed J

No Ed.
    It's my way of pointing out to everyone and for the record that you are essentially making a baseless claim.

I have never lied to you and you can't show one sentence where I did.

And when you try to show where I am dishonest, you fail to do so.

I am pointing it out, despite it being absurdly obvious.

david
    Participant

[David] has a habit of being evasive towards questions(in using distractions),

–Ed.

I always thought the essense of telling lies was stating falsehood purposefully.

Could you explain what “dissuading away from the truth” means. What am I doing in this regard? If I am dissauding away from truth as you claim, does that mean I am pointing toward lies? In plain English, what are you saying? (I often don't understand you.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,16:40)
    If you just read his words, it looks like I am saying “nope” to his question that he keeps spamming.  But really, if you go to that page, I am saying “nope” to his Bible code stuff.

Again, Ed misrepresents me.

See for yourself on the bottom of page 65, what I was actually referring to.

Hi David,

That's the very reason I had to ask you the same question over 5 times,
    because you were being evasive, and wanted me to believe you answered it,
    when (in fact) you really hadn't! AS YOU HAVE NOW FINALLY ADMITTED TO ALL!

Here's the proof…

Quote (david @ Nov. 05 2010,18:36)

Hi David,
    Is it not true that your organization teaches that non-members are non-Christians?

Answer: We believe exactly what the earliest Christians believed, that we belong to the true religion.  
    Were they wrong?  Would you ask the same of them?  And now for the kicker:  Would they believe in your number conspiracy?

Nope.

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,16:50)

–Ed

I do not understand it because the bible does not say it.

It says that it wasn't to “angels” that he subjected the world.  It doesn't say what you believe it does.

In our little illustration that you don't understand or won't acknowledge, it would be like the white house saying that America is not lead by “Americans.”  (meaning, it is lead by the president, one american.)

You misrepresent what the Bible actually says.

Please start quoting actual scripture.

david.

Hi David,

How is it you fail to understand what the Scripture is saying here about the world to come?

For unto the angels hath he NOT put in subjection the world to come,
    whereof we speak. But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man,
    that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him
    with glory and honor, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
    Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he
    put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. (Hebrews 2:5-8)

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,17:10)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 23 2010,17:01)

–Ed.

david

Hi David,

to finally stating…

Hi Ed.

Hi David,

Ed J

No Ed.
    1) It's my way of pointing out to everyone and for the record that you are essentially making a baseless claim.  

2) I have never lied to you and you can't show one sentence where I did.

3) And when you try to show where I am dishonest, you fail to do so.

I am pointing it out, despite it being absurdly obvious.

Hi David,

1) The claim that when I asked you this question, you didn't give “The Truth”?

Here is my PROOF, in your own words….

I didn't answer your question directly.

2) I NEVER said you did!

3) You refused to answer this question honestly; did you not?

Dirtyknections answered this question honestly on Page 65,
         and betweenChristendomAndJWs answered this question honestly on Page 70.

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,17:14)

[David] has a habit of being evasive towards questions(in using distractions),

–Ed.

I always thought the essense of telling lies was stating falsehood purposefully.

Could you explain what “dissuading away from the truth” means.  What am I doing in this regard?  If I am dissauding away from truth as you claim, does that mean I am pointing toward lies?  In plain English, what are you saying?  (I often don't understand you.)

Hi David,

You said 'ANSWER': like you were going to give me the answer to my question,
    which (i believe) is exactly what you wanted me to believe. (Click Here)

And you posted 'NOPE' soon after stating two irrelevant points, with regard to my question;
    the question that you clearly posted prior to the word 'ANSWER'. So this evidence should be clear to all!

Quote (david @ Nov. 05 2010,18:36)

Hi David,
    Is it not true that your organization teaches that non-members are non-Christians?

Answer: We believe exactly what the earliest Christians believed, that we belong to the true religion.  
    Were they wrong?  Would you ask the same of them?  And now for the kicker:  Would they believe in your number conspiracy?

Nope.

Were you NOT attempting to dissuade me away from “The Truth”?
         Wouldn't you have brought a lot less attention to this issue
         if you had just said “I refuse to answer that question”?

But instead look at all the attention you brought to this.
         Are you happy with yourself? I can now Re-Post this
         conversation all over the internet, if I choose to!

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account