Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Ed, I'm starting to think this is about you.

Do you wonder if I think you are a follower of Christ?

Ed, it seems like your primary focus is a hidden secret Bible code. The problem is, I simply don't remember Jesus or his followers ever hinting at such a thing to any degree. Yet, for you, it is the primary thing. So, does that make you a follower of Christ? Are you following his example? I will let you answer that. It is not for me to answer.

david

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:11)
    Ed, did Jesus dodge questions, or did he get people to reason it out for themselves by asking them questions?

On this, I seem to believe much like you do.  (See post above)

Hi David,

Is it not true that your organization has taught YOU(david)
    that current non-members of your organization are not Christians?
    So the answer is “YES”, but you're to ashamed to admit this truth; right?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:14)
    Ed, I'm starting to think this is about you.

Do you wonder if I think you are a follower of Christ?

Ed, it seems like your primary focus is a hidden secret Bible code.  The problem is, I simply don't remember Jesus or his followers ever hinting at such a thing to any degree.  Yet, for you, it is the primary thing.  So, does that make you a follower of Christ?  Are you following his example?  I will let you answer that.  It is not for me to answer.

david

Hi David,

My concern is how honest 'you are' with regard to your organization!

Now will you please answer my question TRUTHFULLY…

God bless

david
    Participant

Ed, I see you are still quite hurt about my comments about your hidden Bible code. I suspect that is why you are no longer responding to or perhaps not even reading my posts.

Ed, I do not consider HIDDEN BIBLE CODE THEORIES to be part of Christianity. And no, I don't need my “organization” to tell me that. I am sorry that this hurts and that you are so offended by it.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:27)
    Ed, I see you are still quite hurt about my comments about your hidden Bible code. I suspect that is why you are no longer responding to or perhaps not even reading my posts.

Ed, I do not consider HIDDEN BIBLE CODE THEORIES to be part of Christianity.  And no, I don't need my “organization” to tell me that.  I am sorry that this hurts and that you are so offended by it.

Hi David,

I forgot all about it now that you Posted in the appropriate thread!

Now will you answer my question…

God bless

david
    Participant

Hi David,

Edward, I'm sure if you googled it, you could find whatever it is you are looking for.

The only answer you will get from me is: 'People who follow Christ are Christians.'
    The answer is not: 'People who say or convince themself that they are following Christ.'

Ed, Christ never even mentioned the hidden Bible Code, yet it is the main thing every person on here knows you for. Do you not think something is wrong with that? (No need to answer this question either, for everyone else knows the answer.)

david

david
    Participant

Hi David,

Does that mean you forgive me?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:33)

Hi David,

Yep!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:32)

Hi David,

Edward, I'm sure if you googled it, you could find whatever it is you are looking for.  

The only answer you will get from me is: 'People who follow Christ are Christians.'
    The answer is not: 'People who say or convince themself that they are following Christ.'

Ed, Christ never even mentioned the hidden Bible Code, yet it is the main thing every person on here knows you for.  Do you not think something is wrong with that?  (No need to answer this question either, for everyone else knows the answer.)

david

Hi David,

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,16:35)

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:33)

Hi David,

Yep!

Great.

Now that that's settled, I formally request that you stop:

“Spamming, flooding, or flaming in the forums,” as this is rule #1.

It serves no purpose and if it continues, I will request that the mods put an end to it.

Thanks. Good night.

david

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:17)
    Here is what the watchtower society says…
    Watchtower publication: May 15, 2009 Pages 4-5…

'It is the course of discretion to guard our lips when in the presence of wicked people.
    When confronted by ridicules in our ministry, silence may well be the proper response…'

'A person of “broad discernment” does not betray a confidence. (Prov.11:12)'
    A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech
    Christian elders must be particularly circumspect in this regard
    so as to retain the trust of members of the congregation.',

Hi David,

Since your honesty is now in question with regard to your 'visable' organization!
    Please answer ALL FIVE of the following questions for the record… (Rom.14:12 / Ex.20:16)

1) Do you consider me to be a wicked person?

2) Do you consider me to be ridiculing your ministry?

3) Would you lie to avoid betraying the confidence of your organization?

4) Are you an elder in your organization?

5) Does your organization know that you Post at heaven.net?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,16:35)

Hi David,

Ed, Christ never even mentioned the hidden Bible Code, yet it is the main thing every person on here knows you for.  Do you not think something is wrong with that?  (No need to answer this question either, for everyone else knows the answer.)

david

Hi David,

Hi David,

All you have to say is…
    I refuse to answer this question!

But is NOT the purpose of you being here
    to enlighten us all with regard to your organization?

All you have been doing is giving me the run-around!
    Is this the way you represent your 'visible' organization?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David,

david

Hi David,

OK; Then how does 'your organization' determine if someone is following Christ?

God bless

Baker
    Participant

Ed

Let me just say this; the JWs have their errors in their teachings just as the Catholic church has, or any of the many denominations have.
    Look at your self, you think you have an edge on the rest of us because you believe in your numbers; you think you're special because of it; but, when it comes right down to it, you know less about scripture then any of us. The fact that you never answer question about scripture proofs that.
    Look what you're doing to david, you keep pushing and pushing for him to answer you, just so YOU don't have to answer; we all know your game by now.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 16 2010,23:56)
    Ed

Let me just say this; the JWs have their errors in their teachings just as the Catholic church has, or any of the many denominations have.
    Look at your self, you think you have an edge on the rest of us because you believe in your numbers; you think you're special because of it; but, when it comes right down to it, you know less about scripture then any of us. The fact that you never answer question about scripture proofs that.
    Look what you're doing to david, you keep pushing and pushing for him to answer you, just so YOU don't have to answer; we all know your game by now.

Georg

Hi Georg,

What has David asked me, that according to Georg, I didn't answer?

God bless

Baker
    Participant

Ed!  let me tell you something.  This is Irene not Georg.  The JW have come to our door for several years.  Georg likes to discuss Scriptures and so He has left them in many times.  You are wrong when you say that they are not Christians.  That is self righteous talking…. They have false doctrines just like any other organized religion.  But with most I agree.  The believe in the new covenant, and so do I  They believe in the preexisting of Jesus, and so do I.  They do not believe in the trinity, neither do I….Those are important doctrines to me and too them. And they have never told us that we are not Christians….
    Nobody likes your numbers, yet you put them there any opportunity you have……

Peace Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 17 2010,04:39)
    Ed!

You are wrong when you say that they are not Christians. That is self righteous talking….

Peace Irene

Hi Irene,

What is the problem with communication around here?
    Where have I ever said what you are accusing me of saying?

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 16 2010,15:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,13:43)

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,13:39)

Ed, given our discussion, I would first answer that by saying:

“What do the Bible code numbers say?”  (See, that was a joke.)

Ed, a Christian is a follower of Christ.  That's what that word means.  It is my opinion that some JW's aren't even really following Christ that well.  

Ed, truthfully, we do a lot of what we do based on how we think the earliest Christians did things.  

Ask that exact same question to someone living in the first century.  Ed, a Christian is someone who follows Christ.  For example, Christ said to “Go and make disciples of people of all the nations….”  How many people do this?   We still call others “Christians” but you'll notice the fancy quotation marks.

david

Hi David,

Your answer is still a bit hazy,
    does that mean your answer is yes?

God bless

What a logical fallacy, this is like asking someone in the time of the law, if anyone wasn't with the king's rule was he jewish.

I'll answer your fallacious question with a yes.

Quotes myself 0_0, I already answered your question, NOW LEAVE DAVID ALONE -_-.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,16:42)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:17)
    Here is what the watchtower society says…
    Watchtower publication: May 15, 2009 Pages 4-5…

'It is the course of discretion to guard our lips when in the presence of wicked people.
    When confronted by ridicules in our ministry, silence may well be the proper response…'

'A person of “broad discernment” does not betray a confidence. (Prov.11:12)'
    A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech
    Christian elders must be particularly circumspect in this regard
    so as to retain the trust of members of the congregation.',

Hi David,

Since your honesty is now in question with regard to your 'visable' organization!
    Please answer ALL FIVE of the following questions for the record… (Rom.14:12 / Ex.20:16)

1) Do you consider me to be a wicked person?

2) Do you consider me to be ridiculing your ministry?

3) Would you lie to avoid betraying the confidence of your organization?

4) Are you an elder in your organization?

5) Does your organization know that you Post at heaven.net?

God bless

Hi Ed.

It makes no sense to say that my honesty is in question. I have never lied to you.

Secondly, you apparently don't actually read my posts. I answered your five questions on the bottom of page 69.

Whenever people such as yourself don't actually read my posts, it makes me think you simply have some agenda, and don't care to discuss anything. I am starting to think your agenda is to slander me for some reason. My guess it is because I hurt your feelings and you just can't let go of that.

Again, i'm sorry I spoke tactlessly and so directly.

david

shimmer
    Participant

David, Ed doesn't know what hes talking about half of the time, so I find it strange that he would judge you. However, I will say that you should leave the JWs and find a better church. One that believes in healing and one that follows the Holy Spirit and not the teachings of man. And also one that believes in the resurrection of Jesus in the flesh.

Look in the thread called 'Do Spirits have bodies'. There you will see that what the JWs teach with regards to the risen Christ and wrong. Ed also believes as you do in regards to this. So I cant see why he is saying anything to you.

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account