Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 08 2010,09:49)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 07 2010,18:08)

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 07 2010,10:01)

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 06 2010,18:51)
    Hi BetweenCDandJWs.

Edit you can only have after posting a while, some problems they had in the past. So do like a hundred posts and you should be ok to have it.

Ok, Healing.

If you ask anything in prayer with faith and you don't doubt you will be amazed.

So you ask with all of your heart. You tell the Father. Tell Him all. Ask for what you need. (Healing, healing of a loved one, help for the neighbour, or maybe love, help, help with anger, help with being tested, anything)  and have faith that He hears you and is right there…..faith that he feels you and knows. Faith that He will do something to help, never doubt for a moment as you do this, and you will have answers.

I have had this so many times, its amazing. Have faith and dont doubt. Know God want's whats best for you. God understands, our weaknesses and all.

The JWs say that this doesnt happen anymore or something. Sad that they believe that. Because I like them.

If I was asking you to explain the trinity to me I would say you err greatly.

Your definition of healing is completely opposite to what the definition of healing is in the bible.

Matthew 10:8 explains it quite well. It's not the ability to believe God will answer your prayers. Today we do not raise the dead and among other things. I pray to Jehovah without doubt, but I know I don't resurrect the dead as well, do you resurrect the dead?

Run, run, far away.
    Seek the Face of God

There is no greater advice than that.

What? Did you mean “force” or are you being sarcastic.

No, its a simple, sincere advice.

Run for your life, and run towards God.

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 08 2010,18:19)

Hi BetweenCDandJWs.

Edit you can only have after posting a while, some problems they had in the past. So do like a hundred posts and you should be ok to have it.

Ok, Healing.

If you ask anything in prayer with faith and you don't doubt you will be amazed.

So you ask with all of your heart. You tell the Father. Tell Him all. Ask for what you need. (Healing, healing of a loved one, help for the neighbour, or maybe love, help, help with anger, help with being tested, anything)  and have faith that He hears you and is right there…..faith that he feels you and knows. Faith that He will do something to help, never doubt for a moment as you do this, and you will have answers.

I have had this so many times, its amazing. Have faith and dont doubt. Know God want's whats best for you. God understands, our weaknesses and all.

The JWs say that this doesnt happen anymore or something. Sad that they believe that. Because I like them.

Your definition of healing is completely opposite to what the definition of healing is in the bible.

Matthew 10:8 explains it quite well. It's not the ability to believe God will answer your prayers. Today we do not raise the dead and among other things. I pray to Jehovah without doubt, but I know I don't resurrect the dead as well, do you resurrect the dead?

Run, run, far away.
    Seek the Face of God

Your judgingmy acceptance of God because I know I can't resurrect the dead, No one has resurrected the dead since the time of the apostles? ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 07 2010,01:51)
    Hi BetweenCDandJWs.

Ok, Healing.

shimmer

miracles came to assist the establishment of the faith in Christ.

Ac 2:22 “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
    Ac 8:13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.
    Ac 19:11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul,
    Ro 15:19 by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
    1Co 12:28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.
    1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
    2Co 12:12 The things that mark an apostle—signs, wonders and miracles—were done among you with great perseverance.
    Gal 3:5 Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?
    2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
    Heb 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

1Co 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
    1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
    1Co 13:10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. NIV

so scriptures says that all those signs will stop they were done to show the believers the truth about Gods word,

we today have the true Love ,and the gift of the word of God.

this fullfils;Jn 17:15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
    Jn 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.
    Jn 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
    Jn 17:18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.
    Jn 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus pray s for those who will come in the far future;

Jn 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

you see that last sentence???

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 09 2010,16:13)

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 07 2010,01:51)
    Hi BetweenCDandJWs.

Ok, Healing.

shimmer

miracles came to assist the establishment of the faith in Christ.

Ac 2:22 “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
    Ac 8:13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.
    Ac 19:11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul,
    Ro 15:19 by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
    1Co 12:28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.
    1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
    2Co 12:12 The things that mark an apostle—signs, wonders and miracles—were done among you with great perseverance.
    Gal 3:5 Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?
    2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
    Heb 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

1Co 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
    1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
    1Co 13:10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. NIV

so scriptures says that all those signs will stop they were done to show the believers the truth about Gods word,

we today have the true Love ,and the gift of the word of God.

this fullfils;Jn 17:15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
    Jn 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.
    Jn 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
    Jn 17:18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.
    Jn 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus pray s for those who will come in the far future;

Jn 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

you see that last sentence???

Pierre

Thank you for that. I generally don't like making people feel down about having a connection with god because they fell they can do the miraculous things the apostles did. I generally don't study the scriptures that refute it as well.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 09 2010,09:47)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 08 2010,18:19)

Hi BetweenCDandJWs.

Ok, Healing.

Run, run, far away.
    Seek the Face of God

Your judgingmy acceptance of God because I know I can't resurrect the dead, No one has resurrected the dead since the time of the apostles?   ???

Actually Im not Judging you at All,
    Its Simple understanding,

Run from everything else, and keep your eyes on God,

lets nothing distract you.

This advice is good for life

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:21)

Quote (david @ Nov. 05 2010,18:36)

Hi David,

1) What attack on you? Do you consider bringing the FACTS to light of your organization an attack on you?

2) What you did is support slander and lies.
       You didn't hurt my feelings, I killed the ego long ago.

(A) Ed, clearly I did hurt your feelings or ego.  (B)I jumped in with what everyone else was saying about the number thing.  (C)A minute later, you are attacking JW's.  Coincidence?  Ed, I know more about math and numbers and probability than you do.  (D)It's unlikely that it's a coincidence.

(E)Ed, do you know that no matter how much you attack me, your number thing will still be wrong.

(F)Ed, did you know that whether JW's are right or wrong on this or that, your number thing will still be wrong.

(G)Ed, did you know that attacking someone else's beliefs,(H)whether it is to sidetrack others, or whether it's out of frustration, or whether it's because you feel you must punch back….it still won't make your number thing right.

(I)Ed, did you know that your number thing is absolutely unfounded and has no merit what so ever?

(J)Ed, I know this may come as a surprise to you, but I am better with numbers than you are.  (I can remember digits that are 100 digits long in 5 minutes for example.  Part of that has to do with finding patterns.  It's easy to find patterns in random numbers.  But they mean nothing.)

(K)Ed, just one more thing:  Not a single person on here other than you believes a single thing you say about your numbers.

As for your turning on me Ed:

Hi David,
    Is it not true that your organization teaches that non-members are non-Christians?

Answer: We believe exactly what the earliest Christians believed, that we belong to the true religion.  
    Were they wrong?  Would you ask the same of them?  And now for the kicker:  (L)Would they believe in your number conspiracy?

Nope.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Edit))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Hi David,

A) You can read my actions any way you like.
    B) Was that not an attack against me personally?
    C) I was exposing truth, you were supporting mischief.
    D) The Gematria is indeed rock solid! No coincidence at all!
    E) I have never attacked you? Show if you have any evidence!
    F) God's(YHVH) “Intelligent Design” is encoded in “The AKJV” Bible! (Click Here) (And Here)
    G) You mean like you did Here

H) You still haven't retracted your statements(repented), but only have attempted to excuse them (REPENT)!
        Is this what you organization teaches you to do? Try to excuse your behavior? (Matt.5:23-24)
        Saying sorry means absolutely nothing! Go to the thread and say what you did was wrong!
        Posting more garbage (on that thread) is only a distraction, and proves what you say here is insincere!   
        Do you even bother to look up Bible references when someone gives them to you? I made the reference.

I) Certainly Davids ‘opinions’ mean more “THE FACTS DO”; not!
    J) Then you should have no trouble verifying my research, unless you refuse to read it! (Prob18:13 / Prob.25:2)
    K) Job.36:16: (Click Here) You will obviously not recant this either,
        but only make excuses, as your organization (obviously) teaches you to do!
    L) You are aware that Paul and Barnabas spread the “Gospel”(74) of “Jesus'(74) together; right?
    The Epistle of Barnabas Chapter 8:11-13 …(Click Here) <– About 1/3 the way down the Page

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Bump for David

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:18)
    Hi David,

Please take the time to answer these questions for us all hear at h-net.

1) Do you consider me to be a wicked person?

2) Do you consider me to be ridiculing your ministry?

3) Would you lie to avoid betraying the confidence of your organization?

4) Are you an elder in your organization?

5) Does your organization know that you Post at heaven.net?

God bless

Bump for David

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:17)

Hi David,
    Is it not true that your organization teaches that non-members are non-Christians?

Answer: We believe exactly what the earliest Christians believed, that we belong to the true religion.  
    Were they wrong?  Would you ask the same of them?  And now for the kicker:  Would they believe in your number conspiracy?

Nope.

Hi David,

This is no answer at all!
    You are clearly being deceptive with this response! And either lying or misinformed!

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

The question was obviously not geared towards
    what happened prior to your (visible) organizations forming!

Once more for the record:
    Rom.14:12 So then every one of us (David) shall give account of himself to God.

I will rephrase the question so you cannot dodge it again!
    Is it not true that your organization has taught YOU(david)
    that current non-members of your organization are not Christians?

Here is what dirtyknections says…

Quote (dirtyknections @ Nov. 05 2010,14:16)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 04 2010,18:37)
    Hi David,

YES IT ABSOLUTELY TRUE…

Here is what the watchtower society says…
    Watchtower publication: May 15, 2009 Pages 4-5…

'It is the course of discretion to guard our lips when in the presence of wicked people.
    When confronted by ridicules in our ministry, silence may well be the proper response…'

'A person of “broad discernment” does not betray a confidence. (Prov.11:12)'
    A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech
    Christian elders must be particularly circumspect in this regard
    so as to retain the trust of members of the congregation.'

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Sorry I meant this one.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,12:46)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:21)

Hi David,

1) What attack on you? Do you consider bringing the FACTS to light of your organization an attack on you?

2) What you did is support slander and lies.
       You didn't hurt my feelings, I killed the ego long ago.

(A) Ed, clearly I did hurt your feelings or ego.  (B)I jumped in with what everyone else was saying about the number thing.  (C)A minute later, you are attacking JW's.  Coincidence?  Ed, I know more about math and numbers and probability than you do.  (D)It's unlikely that it's a coincidence.

(E)Ed, do you know that no matter how much you attack me, your number thing will still be wrong.

(F)Ed, did you know that whether JW's are right or wrong on this or that, your number thing will still be wrong.

(G)Ed, did you know that attacking someone else's beliefs,(H)whether it is to sidetrack others, or whether it's out of frustration, or whether it's because you feel you must punch back….it still won't make your number thing right.

(I)Ed, did you know that your number thing is absolutely unfounded and has no merit what so ever?

(J)Ed, I know this may come as a surprise to you, but I am better with numbers than you are.  (I can remember digits that are 100 digits long in 5 minutes for example.  Part of that has to do with finding patterns.  It's easy to find patterns in random numbers.  But they mean nothing.)

(K)Ed, just one more thing:  Not a single person on here other than you believes a single thing you say about your numbers.

As for your turning on me Ed:

Hi David,

Were they wrong?  Would you ask the same of them?  And now for the kicker:  (L)Would they believe in your number conspiracy?

Nope.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Edit))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Hi David,

A) You can read my actions any way you like.
    B) Was that not an attack against me personally?
    C) I was exposing truth, you were supporting mischief.
    D) The Gematria is indeed rock solid! No coincidence at all!
    E) I have never attacked you? Show if you have any evidence!
    F) God's(YHVH) “Intelligent Design” is encoded in “The AKJV” Bible! (Click Here) (And Here)
    G) You mean like you did Here

H) You still haven't retracted your statements(repented), but only have attempted to excuse them (REPENT)!
        Is this what you organization teaches you to do? Try to excuse your behavior? (Matt.5:23-24)
        Saying sorry means absolutely nothing! Go to the thread and say what you did was wrong!
        Posting more garbage (on that thread) is only a distraction, and proves what you say here is insincere!   
        Do you even bother to look up Bible references when someone gives them to you? I made the reference.

I) Certainly Davids ‘opinions’ mean more “THE FACTS DO”; not!
    J) Then you should have no trouble verifying my research, unless you refuse to read it! (Prob18:13 / Prob.25:2)
    K) Job.36:16: (Click Here) You will obviously not recant this either,
        but only make excuses, as your organization (obviously) teaches you to do!
    L) You are aware that Paul and Barnabas spread the “Gospel”(74) of “Jesus'(74) together; right?
    The Epistle of Barnabas Chapter 8:11-13 …(Click Here) <– About 1/3 the way down the Page

Bump for David

You already responded to this Post.

david
    Participant

Hi Ed.
    The answer to your five questions is “no' to all.

Ed, I am sorry that I hurtfully continued to attack your Bible code beliefs. I felt bad about that. I realize you hold those beliefs so dear. I noticed above, the blue words: “You still haven't retracted your statements.” I assume the statements you refer to are about your numbers. (It's been a while since I've been on here.) Ed, I do not believe in your number system. I am sorry I attacked it so hurtfully. But I see no need to retract anything as everything I said about your numbers are true to the best of my understanding. I also noticed above that you said I attacked you personally. The only single thing I know about you other than your name, is that you believe in this secret hidden Bible code. And that is what I attacked, since I find no actual support for it in the Bible. In fact, I would say it is probably the most far out idea on heaven net and I would say that most would agree, and it is this that makes it such an easy target. Again, I should have tried to be more tactful, and perhaps less direct. Sorry.

david

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,13:10)
    Hi Ed.
    The answer to your five questions is “no' to all.

Ed, I am sorry that I hurtfully continued to attack your Bible code beliefs.  I felt bad about that.  I realize you hold those beliefs so dear.  I noticed above, the blue words: “You still haven't retracted your statements.”  I assume the statements you refer to are about your numbers.  (It's been a while since I've been on here.)  Ed, I do not believe in your number system.  I am sorry I attacked it so hurtfully.  But I see no need to retract anything as everything I said about your numbers are true to the best of my understanding.  I also noticed above that you said I attacked you personally.  The only single thing I know about you other than your name, is that you believe in this secret hidden Bible code.  And that is what I attacked, since I find no actual support for it in the Bible.  In fact, I would say it is probably the most far out idea on heaven net and I would say that most would agree, and it is this that makes it such an easy target.  Again, I should have tried to be more tactful, and perhaps less direct.  Sorry.  

david

Hi David,

Any statement you wish to make should be done in the appropriate thread. (Click Here)
    You saying 'sorry' over and over in the JW thread means nothing.
    If you wish to recant, then do so there!

God bless

david
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    If I am supposed to respond in that thread, then why were you discussing this in this thread? Is it the numbers thread? I can go check it out. As I said, I have no wish to recant if you are referring to me saying that the Secret Bible code thing is wrong. If it is possible to “recant” the method and attitude I had used, then I recant that.
    Also, I didn't realize that I was saying “sorry” over and over. If I've already said “I'm sorry, then I “recant” the last “I'm sorry.”

david

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,12:50)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:17)

Hi David,

Were they wrong?  Would you ask the same of them?  And now for the kicker:  Would they believe in your number conspiracy?

Nope.

Hi David,

This is no answer at all!
    You are clearly being deceptive with this response! And either lying or misinformed!

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

The question was obviously not geared towards
    what happened prior to your (visible) organizations forming!

Once more for the record:
    Rom.14:12 So then every one of us (David) shall give account of himself to God.

I will rephrase the question so you cannot dodge it again!

Here is what dirtyknections says…

Quote (dirtyknections @ Nov. 05 2010,14:16)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 04 2010,18:37)
    Hi David,

YES IT ABSOLUTELY TRUE…

Here is what the watchtower society says…
    Watchtower publication: May 15, 2009 Pages 4-5…

'It is the course of discretion to guard our lips when in the presence of wicked people.
    When confronted by ridicules in our ministry, silence may well be the proper response…'

'A person of “broad discernment” does not betray a confidence. (Prov.11:12)'
    A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech
    Christian elders must be particularly circumspect in this regard
    so as to retain the trust of members of the congregation.'

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Hi David,

Please answer this question for the record: as we all
    will have to give an account before God. (Rom.14:12)

God bless

david
    Participant

Ed, given our discussion, I would first answer that by saying:

“What do the Bible code numbers say?” (See, that was a joke.)

Ed, a Christian is a follower of Christ. That's what that word means. It is my opinion that some JW's aren't even really following Christ that well.

Ed, truthfully, we do a lot of what we do based on how we think the earliest Christians did things.

Ask that exact same question to someone living in the first century. Ed, a Christian is someone who follows Christ. For example, Christ said to “Go and make disciples of people of all the nations….” How many people do this? We still call others “Christians” but you'll notice the fancy quotation marks.

david

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,13:39)

“What do the Bible code numbers say?”  (See, that was a joke.)

Ed, a Christian is a follower of Christ.  That's what that word means.  It is my opinion that some JW's aren't even really following Christ that well.  

Ed, truthfully, we do a lot of what we do based on how we think the earliest Christians did things.  

Ask that exact same question to someone living in the first century.  Ed, a Christian is someone who follows Christ.  For example, Christ said to “Go and make disciples of people of all the nations….”  How many people do this?   We still call others “Christians” but you'll notice the fancy quotation marks.

david

Hi David,

Your answer is still a bit hazy,
    does that mean your answer is yes?

God bless

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,13:43)

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,13:39)

“What do the Bible code numbers say?”  (See, that was a joke.)

Ed, a Christian is a follower of Christ.  That's what that word means.  It is my opinion that some JW's aren't even really following Christ that well.  

Ask that exact same question to someone living in the first century.  Ed, a Christian is someone who follows Christ.  For example, Christ said to “Go and make disciples of people of all the nations….”  How many people do this?   We still call others “Christians” but you'll notice the fancy quotation marks.

david

Hi David,

Your answer is still a bit hazy,
    does that mean your answer is yes?

God bless

What a logical fallacy, this is like asking someone in the time of the law, if anyone wasn't with the king's rule was he jewish.

I'll answer your fallacious question with a yes.

david
    Participant

Ed, if I say I'm a mechanic, does that make me a mechanic?

No.

Well, what does make me a mechanic?

What would make me a mechanic is if I fixed cars.
    (I don't fix cars. I'm not a mechanic. If my car breaks, I overpay a mechanic to fix it.)

I guess the question Ed, is, what makes someone a follower of Christ (Christian)?

We do not believe that simply saying you are a Christian makes you a Christian, any more than me saying I'm a mechanic makes me a mechanic.

I think JW's place a lot of stress and emphasis on Jesus' preaching. After all, he said: “For this I have been born and for this I have come in the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” And: “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God, because THAT IS WHY I was sent.”

To JW's, it seems that Jesus' life was about telling others about the kingdom. And, he sent out his followers (followers of Christ; Christians) to do the same.

And, he “ordered” us to preach, saying “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations…”
    And it was fortold that “This good news of the kingdom would be preached in all the inhabited earth….”

Given these things alone, given that so much emphasis is placed on the preaching work, and given what Jesus ordered us to do, if someone is not doing that, would you say they are following Christ, and hence, a “Christian”?

(And that is of course, just one thing. There are many things.)

david.

david
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

You have it backwards, concerning killing the innocent.
    Christians don't kill, because they know there is retribution.
    And Atheists do kill, because they 'think' there is no retribution.

–Ed

Ed, in the thread about Dawkins, you mention that “Christians don't kill.”

Well, you have just stated that 10's of millions of people who believe they are Christians are not really Christians.

Similarly, I do the same.

1. Atheists kill people.
    2. “Christians” kill people.
    3. Atheists do good things.
    4. “Christians” do good things.

In that same thread, I said the above.

Clearly, people who believe they are Christian's do in fact kill people. I use the quotation marks for those Christians. You, on the other hand, must also deny that they are Christians for you say:
    “Christians don't kill.” (Yet, we know many Roman Catholics, protestants, adventists, mormon's, presebyterians, angleicans, etc do in fact kill….sometimes for country, sometimes for themself….sometimes they kill other Catholics, sometimes Catholics are killing protestants, etc…..it's a bloodbath.)
    If you say “Christians don't kill,” then you too must be stating that millions of people who think they are Christians are in fact “Christians.”

david

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David,

I asked you this question three times so far,
    and your answers have been clear as MUD!
    You have now dodged it three times total.

For the record will you actually answer the question…

david
    Participant

Ed, did Jesus dodge questions, or did he get people to reason it out for themselves by asking them questions?

On this, I seem to believe much like you do. (See post above)

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account