Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

So, and I assume you will include yourself in this number….

Lamotre, I'm sorry, but you assume wrong. I do not.

Don't bother to reply, I don't buy it.

Ok, I won't reply further, but since your assumptions are wrong, I don't want you to “buy” it, anyway.

Anonymous

Hello David. You really cannot ignore the following bombshell.

Quoted From:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%2….m

“THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS A DAUGHTER OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

This Satanic society used Catholic Church Sources in order to produce its New World Translation.  Westcott and Hort were two Satanists, founders of the Hermes Club and members of famed Russian witch Madam Blavatsky's Theosophy cult.

Dr. Bill Grady said it best in his excellent book, Final Authority…

“Wescott and Hort, were a pair of unsaved liberals whose open Vatican sympathies cast them as the consummate Jesuit plants.”

“The Jehovah's Witnesses used Jesuits and Roman Catholic manuscripts to aid in the translation of the New World Translation.”

For lots more see:

Make sure you turn on your computer loudspeakers for this one.

Anonymous
    Cult Buster
    Participant
    charity
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 16 2007,00:14)

Quoted From:

This Satanic society used Catholic Church Sources in order to produce its New World Translation.  Westcott and Hort were two Satanists, founders of the Hermes Club and members of famed Russian witch Madam Blavatsky's Theosophy cult.

“Wescott and Hort, were a pair of unsaved liberals whose open Vatican sympathies cast them as the consummate Jesuit plants.”

“The Jehovah's Witnesses used Jesuits and Roman Catholic manuscripts to aid in the translation of the New World Translation.”

For lots more see:

This is by no means the love of God! We have never been given Authority to treat people this way.
    Show me scriptures that say you may torment even those with out understanding? Since when do the saints do this??

Woe to you who make deceitful and false measures,
    And to them who cause bitterness on the earth;

Woe to you who requite your neighbour with evil
    For ye shall be requited according to your works.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ June 17 2007,20:50)

Quote (Guest @ June 16 2007,00:14)

Quoted From:

For lots more see:

This is by no means the love of God! We have never been given Authority to treat people this way.
    Show me scriptures that say you may torment even those with out understanding? Since when do the saints do this??

Woe to you who make deceitful and false measures,
    And to them who cause bitterness on the earth;

Woe to you who requite your neighbour with evil
    For ye shall be requited according to your works.

Charity,

I join you with the warning of the “woes.”

Back when brothers would not sign a creed or agree to a certain “orthodoxy” they would be burned on a stake; they would be exiled or murdered. Christians have led crusades whereby they think they are the hand of God….killing and cleansing the world of the unrighteous. Sad but true, this is part of our history.

Jesus warns us to get the plank out of our own eye before we can see clearly to help our brother with the speck in his eye! Easy teaching – hard to follow.

It's all pride. I am also guilty.

charity
    Participant

:laugh:Girls talk

Stand up for the light
    Feel the glory in your heart
    Seen Nothing more handsome, than…
    Wishing that, not one should be lost
    For that is the desire of God
    A mans surname stay’s put
    Security is not found in just words,
    But when the love is manifested
    A heart is safe, to rest a while
    Nothing will ever come with intent to Hurt an Harm
    Can always eat and nourishment is found
    For even a good man will look out for his brother’s wife
    When his brother has not yet come
    to receive an understand heart
    Spiritually this is already the Truth That IS. – yet each soul must awaken to his/her inheritance and true IDentity in God. The man-made institutions and ideologies may hinder this Unity from fully manifesting…yet eventually….the Ultimacy of Love and the Triumph of divine Will prevails.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    The way is preached.
    Christ crucified.
    Rest from works.
    Grace is all.

charity
    Participant

Torment
    Why be a light bulb?
    Hanging upside down on the ceiling
    I ..wana go Home, I can’t work when a light is being switched off and on me?
    1Cr 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he [it] altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, [this] is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. If we have sown unto you spiritual things, [is it] a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? If others be partakers of [this] power over you, [are] not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live [of the things] of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.18What is my reward then? [Verily] that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. :19 ¶ For though I be free from all [men], yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Lk 11
    “33No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

34The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

35Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

36If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light. “

Mt 17
    ” 2And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.”

Mt 28
    ” 1In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

2And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

3His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:”

david
    Participant

Hi Guest. You state:

“Hello David. You really cannot ignore the following bombshell.
    Quoted From:
    ]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%2….m

Can one really ignore lies?

I have already discussed this at some length, in one of these “JW” threads.

I stated:
    if you go to any Mason site [one that's actually by the masons] and ask the masons if he was a mason, they will give the clear answer: No. They will even point to the fact that the Watchtower speaks negatively about masonry.

I also stated:

With very very little research, you will find that charles taze russel was a mason. With more research, you’ll find that you were lied to the first time, by those who wish to strike at anything they can to discredit Jehovah’s Witnesses. Saying that Russel was a mason is slander with a very obvious intent.

And, I've said this:
    It’s not at all true in the slightest that he was free mason. What is absolutely true is that there are many who wanted to invalidate everything he said.

This is an actual free mason website that discusses the ridiculousness of this accusation:
    (It's not a tabloid cartoon website like the other links recently provided:)

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/anti-masonry03.html

As for Cult Buster:
    You are ridiculous. I think that's been shown by your behavior and complete inability to actually DISCUSS scripture to any length at all.
    I'm sorry that you are so decieved.

The following is a quote from someone who apparently dislikes JW's quite a bit, but is smart enough to realize some things. It's taken from a forum at the following location:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10189/1.ashx

“I consider the “truth” about this and every other JW-related issue to be EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, because OBVIOUS HORSE[….] like “Russell was a Mason” only serves the WTS's objective of painting XJWs as NUTS and LIARS.”

That quote was submitted by someone called “madapostate.”

I cannot claim that everything Charles Taze Russel believed was true, for it was not, yet such obvious lies do make one wonder what the reasons are for these attacks.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David. Just looking at that website. One can be forgiven for thinking that your Jehovah's Witness founder Charles Taze Russel was a satanist. Just look at all the occult symbolism. Is he a follower of Christ or a disciple of the devil?

Interesting sound effects when you turn up the volume. :cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You say
    “I cannot claim that everything Charles Taze Russel believed was true, for it was not, “

So which teachings of his were false?
    How do you know any are true?
    Are you not following falsehood?

david
    Participant

Just look at all the occult symbolism.

If you have the cross as your symbol, am I to assume that you are Catholic?

The cross and crown symbol is not exclusive to the knights templar or the masons and is not occult in origin, any more than the cross symbol itself is….

Just because pagans have always worshiped the cross or various crosses throughout virtually all history, does not in and of itself mean that if you have a cross as your symbol Cult Guy, that you are pagan, does it?

Yet, this is how you reason.

Every word from your mouth seems to push me more and more towards the idea that you are blind and sad.

Nick:
    Jesus instructed his disciples to share with others the light of divine truth that they had received from him. “You are the light of the world,” he said. “Let your light shine before men.” (Matt. 5:14-16; Acts 13:47)
    Charles Taze Russell and his associates recognized that they had an obligation to do that.
    Did they believe that they had all the answers, the full light of truth? To that question Brother Russell pointedly answered: “Certainly not; nor will we have until the ‘perfect day.’” (Prov. 4:18, KJ) Frequently they referred to their Scriptural beliefs as “present truth”—not with any idea that truth itself changes but rather with the thought that their understanding of it was progressive.

For good reason, Jehovah does not flood us with a constant downpour of exciting new things.
    Rather, he sheds increased light on his Word gradually, progressively. (Proverbs 4:18)
    This allows his people to assimilate and put into practice the things they learn. Jesus followed his Father’s example when teaching his early disciples.
    He explained God’s Word to them “as far as they were able to listen,” or “understand,” as some translations put it.—Mark 4:33; compare John 16:12.
    MARK 4:33
    “So with many illustrations of that sort he would speak the word to them, as far as they were able to listen.”
    JOHN 16:12
    ““I have many things yet to say to YOU, but YOU are not able to bear them at present.”

Those who undertake a study of God’s Word, the Holy Bible, and apply what it says will be like someone who starts a journey early in the morning. At first, he cannot see much because it is dark. But as the sun begins to rise, he sees more and more. Finally, the sun shines directly overhead. He sees everything in clear detail. Such an illustration calls to mind a Bible proverb: “The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.”—Proverbs 4:18.

PROVERBS 4:18
    “But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.”
    Jehovah is also the Source of spiritual light. (Psalm 43:3)
    While the world remains in dense darkness, the true God continues to illuminate the path of his people. It refines them organizationally, doctrinally, and morally.

The mind, of course, may readily comprehend a certain point—a Bible principle, for example—but taking it to heart and making it a part of the Christian “new personality” may take a little longer, especially if old worldly ways and attitudes are deeply entrenched. (Ephesians 4:22-24)
    That certainly was the case with Jesus’ disciples when it came to overcoming pride and developing humility. Jesus had to teach them about humility on a number of occasions, each time presenting the same basic point from a different angle so that it would sink in, which it eventually did.—Matthew 18:1-4; 23:11, 12; Luke 14:7-11; John 13:5, 12-17.
    Similarly, over the years, some have had to re-adjust their thinking or humbly accept their mistakes.

“Light itself has flashed up for the righteous one, and rejoicing even for the ones upright in heart.”—PSALM 97:11.

Through the prophet Isaiah, Jehovah foretold: “Instead of the copper I shall bring in gold, and instead of the iron I shall bring in silver, and instead of the wood, copper, and instead of the stones, iron.” (Isaiah 60:17) Just as replacing an inferior material with a superior one denotes improvement, Jehovah’s Witnesses have experienced improvements in their organizational arrangements all through “the conclusion of the system of things,” or “the last days.”—Matthew 24:3; 2 Timothy 3:1.

These earnest students of the Bible did not shy away from the idea that there is such a thing as truth in matters of religion. They recognized Jehovah as “the God of truth” and the Bible as his Word of truth. (Ps. 31:5; Josh. 21:45; John 17:17) They realized that there was still much that they did not know, but they did not hold back from stating with conviction what they had learned from the Bible. And when traditional religious doctrines and practices contradicted what they found to be clearly stated in God’s inspired Word, then, in imitation of Jesus Christ, they exposed the falsehood, even though this brought ridicule and hatred upon them from the clergy.—Matt. 15:3-9.

david
    Participant

Just testing something:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    So education is the key to grasping truth?
    No need to be reborn at all?
    What of the fruit of Charles?
    What did he teach that was WRONG?

david
    Participant

Here is a trailer, that may tell you something about Jehovah's modern day Witnesses:

david
    Participant

What did he teach that was WRONG?

What did you teach that was wrong Nick? I remember you denouncing me for something i believed about Jonah. Now, you agree with me.

Please go back and read my post.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You told us he did not teach everything correctly so what did you mean?
    Is it still happening today?
    Should you follow men?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Tell us the supposed good fruit of CT Russell.
    Perhaps we should start a thread on him?

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account