Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Perhaps I should explain that this event actually happened about half an hour before I posted that poem. It's not made up, it's what actually happened with a JW that knocked on my door.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    No one doubts their sincerity but, like the Jews, they are not working according to the new faith filled righteousness of rebirth into Jesus but only in works by their own strength. Imagine if they were empowered by the Spirit how much more effective they could be.

Rom 9.30f
    ” 30What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith;

31but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.

32Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone,”'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mercy,
    More on JW's here.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

david
    Participant

The Encyclopedia Canadiana (Under Jehovah’s Witnesses), second paragraph:

“The work of Jehovah's Witnesses is the revival and re-establishment of the primitive Christianity practiced by Jesus and his disciples during the first and second centuries of our era. Their services are kept simple. They have no ornate buildings or clerical vestments, no divisions of members into clergy and laity. All are brothers and every one baptized is under obligation to be a minister.”
    (Toronto : Grolier of Canada, c1957-80. Vol 6)

david
    Participant

“When it comes to spreading the faith, few denominations are as enthusiastic . . . as the Jehovah’s Witnesses.”—The Republic of Columbus, Indiana, U.S.A.

“They are the only ones to go from door to door with ‘the good news,’ applying the Bible’s principles.”—ŻZycie Literackie, Poland.

“In the greatest preaching campaign ever known, Jehovah’s Witnesses have taken Jehovah’s message throughout the world.”—News-Observer, Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

MATTHEW 24:14
    “And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    What a pity they are unaware of the power and grace of God and do not abide in the teachings of Christ. If they were aligned with God they could be a powerful force for good but sadly their teachings are a syncretism of the bible and the world.

david
    Participant

their teachings are a syncretism of the bible and the world.

Please provide examples.

maintain neutrality in political conflicts.
    –Isaiah 2:4

do not imitate the wrong attitudes and conduct of the world around them.
    –John 17:16

I think you are completely wrong an unfounded on that statement above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    So if I set up a commune and refuse to serve the government and treat everyone well would that suffice to please God?

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    So if I set up a commune and refuse to serve the government and treat everyone well would that suffice to please God?

Hi Nick. Your ability to reason and logically communicate seems to be falling apart. I am not suggesting what you say above.

You had quite falsely stated that JW's beliefs “are a syncretism of the bible and the world.” This is untrue and for myself, laughable in the extreme.

A lot of people look at JW's as if they were aliens, not from the world, weird, distinct, separate, out of the loop, different.

While you join hands with the world in saluting wars or governemnts or worldly holidays or whatever, JW's do not.

I stated two ways that are distinct in showing that you are wrong. Your response is false reasoning in that I'm not saying: “If you refuse to serve the government and treat everyone well,” this proves anything. I didn't say that.
    YOU said that our beliefs are are syncretism of the Bible and the world.

Please explain.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You study the bible and present verses from your own version as if you love and respect them. Yet you tolerate teachings within the JWs that do not come directly from the wisdom of God [such as “Jesus is Michael”]and praise the organisation despite being aware of these things.

Rev 2
    “18And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

19I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.”

God does not tolerate false doctrine as much as men do.

david
    Participant

If you want to disuss this topic, we are currently discussing it in the appropriate thread.
    But I thought you'd try to prove that Jehovah's Witnesses have mixed or syncretized the Bible with the world.

The belief that Michael is another name for Jesus is not a worldly belief. So I take it you've given up on what you've said, or at least can't prove it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    It is not taught in the bible.
    Thus it comes from the world.

david
    Participant

Nick, you are not in the Bible.
    Thus, you come from the world.

NickHassan
    Participant

amen
    from the dirt
    unto salvation in Jesus.

Why change the subject david?
    Face reality and help those you say you love find truth.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Jehovah's Witnesses Contradicted by their own  “bible”

In Revelation 1:8. I am quoting from the Jehovah's Witness’s own Bible, and it reads, “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God.

Ask the Witness, “What does Alpha and Omega mean?” They'll reply, “The beginning and the end.” Then ask them, “How many Alphas and Omegas can you have?” They'll answer, “Only one.” They will agree that there is only one Alpha and Omega.

Then turn to Revelation 22:12-13 which says, “Look I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me….I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses, “Who do you say the Alpha and Omega is?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now take a careful look. The Alpha and Omega in verse twelve is coming quickly. Let's see who is speaking in verse twelve.

Look at verse sixteen, “I Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.”

It is Jesus speaking in verse twelve. If there is any doubt go to verse 20 which says, “He that bears witness of these things says, 'Yes; I am coming quickly' Amen come Lord Jesus.” So it is clear that the Alpha and the Omega in verse twelve is Jesus.

Here is a strong proof text that Jesus is God because both Jehovah and Jesus are called the Alpha and the Omega.

Another pair of verses that are effective when used together are Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 1:17-18.

Isaiah 44:6 says, “This is what Jehovah has said, 'The king of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, I am the first and I am the last.'”

Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses how many firsts and lasts can you have? It's obvious to anyone you can only have one first and one last. Ask them, “Who is the first and the last?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now turn to Revelation 1:17-18 which says, “Do not be fearful; I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead but look! I am living forever.”

Who is speaking here? Obviously, it is Jesus for He died but is now alive, and guess what? He is called the First and the Last.

Here again we see Jesus is God.

david
    Participant

CB, I'm getting tired of you repeatedly quoting things you don't seem to read, or at least, aren't willing to discuss. Please go to the Alpha and Omega thread, where this subject belongs and say: “Hello, David, let's discuss this.”

I'd love to discuss what the Bible does and doesn't say.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 26 2006,08:25)
    Hi Oxy,
    No one doubts their sincerity but, like the Jews, they are not working according to the new faith filled righteousness of rebirth into Jesus but only in works by their own strength. Imagine if they were empowered by the Spirit how much more effective they could be.

Rom 9.30f
    ” 30What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith;

31but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.

32Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone,”'

And yet YOU are working in this power?

Witnesses are more effective than you Nick…

How many thousands of people have you shared the truth of the bible with today on a “one on one” basis?

Yet this is what the witnesses do everyday…(Matthew 24:14)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Are the names of their proselyltes written in heaven
    or are they doing what Jesus said about the Pharisees?
    Matthew 23:15
    “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.”

The message must be truth not syncretism.

david
    Participant

The message must be truth not syncretism.

Truth

Syncretism

Intersting words.

I can't help but wonder what we have sycretized.

Take Christmas, the birthday of Jesus (A lie we do not accept or tolerate in our worship of God, who wants us to worship him with spirit and “truth)
    Christmas is also, without question the syncretism of “Christianity” with “paganism.” We neither accept this in our worship, although most everyone on the planet seems to not mind it.

I would like examples.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account