Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 1,681 through 1,700 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 27 2012,20:53)
    Bd,
    Islam denies that jesus was the SON of God, and also denies that Jesus was ever crucified or resurrected, true?

Islam clearly shows and proves that for God to procreate a child is beneath His Majesty and is a Human act God does not beget nor is he Begotten to call Jesus the son of God is to make him also a God this is told to be wrong in the Bible itself God says:

Isaiah 43:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

If You believe what God Himself says here then the Quran is also correct saying:

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
    ( سورة الإخلاص , Al-Ikhlas, Chapter #112, Verse #3)

So what this means is the Bible is using metaphor and poetry. God calls many people his sons throughout the bible even calling the angels sons the Quran simply clarifies the actual message. When we say someone is a son or daughter of someone else they were created through sexual intercourse, God did not have sex with Mary he did not have a Baby “With” Mary. God did not fornicate with Mary the more you understand the point the more you should be able to see that it is a monstrous thing if taken any more than poetic speech. When Jesus spoke to Mary Magledine at the tomb he said he was going to his God and her God to his Father and her Father, If he was the literal son of God then what would Jesus be saying this to Mary for, it wouldn't be really true about her right?

As Far as the crucifixion goes the Quran explains that they thought they crucified Christ Jesus but did not kill him or crucify him although thought they had.

Do you recall Jesus ever saying

Matthew 13:14
    And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Jesus was raised up to God without being killed or crucified and that is Glorious but not if you think your life depends on his death, right? Isn't that funny that I get excited that God saved Jesus but you get excited when you believe his death saved you. You have to actually want Jesus crucified where as I just have to believe Jesus when he said “repent for the remission of sins”

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 30 2012,12:48)
    It makes more sense to post the scriptures that support something.  Since the people here may not be versed in the Quran, they are at a disadvantage.

I do try my best to post supporting scripture from both the Quran and the Bible I want everyone to have the best advantages :)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 24 2012,15:52)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 20 2012,05:56)

Quote (terraricca @ April 20 2012,03:01)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 20 2012,00:16)

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,16:36)
    Hi BD,

There is no god named 'al-Lah', it is just satan
    posing as the Angel Gabriel. (Gal.1:8 & 2Cor.11:14)

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)
    עד (Ed) (Joshua 22:34)

Ignorance on your part doesn't make what you say true. How does one pose as angel Gabriel with Gabriel knowing about it and God allowing it?

And once you go down that road who is to say when the real Gabriel ever speaking, you see how you make no sense?

bd

is it not your ignorance that you would like to spread to all,so that you would not feel to lonesome ,inside of you,

your Koran as not been written all at once ,is it ???

you wandering why God has let Islam use some of the angels name for their wicket purpose ??? this is because it as foretold  the miss representation even of himself, but people do not listen

do you ear the words of the Lord ??? it surely shows you do not ,

so what is it with you to complain about others ????

you are a blind and def ,that yells on the marketplace place follow me I know the way, listen to me ,follow me ,
    just believe what I say as I say it do not argue just like me be blind and def.

I never said follow me

B.tharta.

To follow you is to follow what?
    You dont know where you stand.

You claim to be muslem,but dont follow the qur'an fully.
    You quote the scriptures but dont believe the bible is authentic?

May be you should write your own bible,to suit your taste.

wakeup.

I believe that the Bible is authentic and follow the teachings of both the Quran and the Bible. The difference is I study context and progression which allows me to see a clearer and larger picture.

For instance the Law regarding adultery was to stone the adulterer when the Law was given everyone agreeing to follow the covenant had witnessed God first hand as a Nation at Mt Sinia because of this no one had any excuse to do what God had forbidden them to do so the Law was Clear and Just. When Jesus came the law had been misapplied and so many were lost and confused he did not say “The lady should not be stoned” He said “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone” So the Law remains but the component of compassion and Mercy becomes needed because of the corruption of the people. In other words people should be judged at their level of acknowledgment.

God speaks to Adam directly so even the small act of eating an apple that was forbidden is terrible or Moses hitting a rock without approval, do you understand what I am saying? A Pastor or priest sinning is far worse that a prostitute or thief this is why Jesus said:

Matthew 21:31
    Which of the two did the will of his father? They say, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 20 2012,02:05)

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,17:29)
    Hi BD,

Most muslims are awaiting the coming of the mahdi,
    yet you say you are not; can YOU explain “why”
    your view is different from your ave. muslim?

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

No Most muslims are not ED and even if they were they have no support from the Quran which only supports the Physical return of Jesus.

Your logic is really interesting because if Jesus returned “spiritually” then how did he ever not be here spiritually when “he” was killed? Where was his spirit then?

If he rose from the dead his spirit returned to his body right? so why aren't you saying that was his return according to your logic?

B,tharta.

Dont be supprise,for many christians blatantly reject the words written in the bible to support their doctrine.They dont hesitate for a moment to change anything for the love of their
    doctrine.

The bible said it very clearly.

Rev.1:7. Behold,he cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM,and they also which pierced him; ALL KINDREDS OF THE EARTH SHALL WAIL BECAUSE OF HIM.
    Even so.Amen.

Those that preach any different to these scriptures are them that will wail.

He will come in the clouds with great glory and power.
    Not in secret.

Greetings.
    wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 30 2012,12:57)

Bd,
    Islam denies that jesus was the SON of God, and also denies that Jesus was ever crucified or resurrected, true?

Islam clearly shows and proves that for God to procreate a child is beneath His Majesty and is a Human act God does not beget nor is he Begotten to call Jesus the son of God is to make him also a God this is told to be wrong in the Bible itself God says:

King James Version (KJV)

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

If You believe what God Himself says here then the Quran is also correct saying:

(  سورة الإخلاص  , Al-Ikhlas, Chapter #112, Verse #3)

So what this means is the Bible is using metaphor and poetry. God calls many people his sons throughout the bible even calling the angels sons the Quran simply clarifies the actual message. When we say someone is a son or daughter of someone else they were created through sexual intercourse, God did not have sex with Mary he did not have a Baby “With” Mary. God did not fornicate with Mary the more you understand the point the more you should be able to see that it is a monstrous thing if taken any more than poetic speech. When Jesus spoke to Mary Magledine at the tomb he said he was going to his God and her God to his Father and her Father, If he was the literal son of God then what would Jesus be saying this to Mary for, it wouldn't be really true about her right?

As Far as the crucifixion goes the Quran explains that they thought they crucified Christ Jesus but did not kill him or crucify him although thought they had.

And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Jesus was raised up to God without being killed or crucified and that is Glorious but not if you think your life depends on his death, right? Isn't that funny that I get excited that God saved Jesus but you get excited when you believe his death saved you. You have to actually want Jesus crucified where as I just have to believe Jesus when he said “repent for the remission of sins”

B,tharta.

If Jesus was not resurrected from his grave,then there is no resurrection of the dead;our faith is in vain.There is nothing ahead.

Lets just live to the full,and be merry for tomorrow we will die.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 30 2012,07:16)

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 28 2012,18:58)
    Hi Ed. I'm 2besee not Wakeup:-)

Hi 2Besee,

Sorry, I have been posting to “Wakeup” so much
    that I had his name set to “copy and paste” as a starting point to my posts; to avoid much typing.

I forgot to change his name to yours, again I apologize for my neglect.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

That's cool Ed:-)

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 30 2012,14:57)

Bd,

King James Version (KJV)

Bod,
    You said that you had studied the Bible before you read the Quran but if you had studied the Bible first then how could the Quran fit the Bible, if you believed the Bible. Did you believe the Bible?

The bible says:

'But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God; who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God were begotten.'

The Quran says that God does NOT beget, but being begotten of God is a really important thing in the bible – if you look into it. Of course we know it has, as it says, nothing to do with procreating etc! But, spiritually…

2besee
    Participant

1 Peter 1:23 'You have been begotten anew, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God'

1 John 2:29 'If ye know that he is righteous, know ye that every one doing the righteousness, of him hath been begotten'

1 John 3:9 'Every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten'

1 John 4:7 'Beloved, may we love one another, because the love is of God, and every one who is loving, of God he hath been begotten, and doth know God; he who is not loving did not know God, because God is love'  

1 John 5:1 'Every one who is believing that Jesus is the Christ, of God he hath been begotten, and every one who is loving Him who did beget, doth love also him who is begotten of Him: in this we know that we love the children of God, when we may love God, and His commands may keep'

1 John 5:18 'We have known that every one who hath been begotten of God doth not sin, but he who was begotten of God doth keep himself, and the evil one doth not touch him'

So God does not beget, according to the Quran.

2besee
    Participant

Yes I do, and I also remember praying and asking about the crucifixion once upon a time, and I remember hearing the quiet voice of Jesus saying to look at the last supper and I remember my bible mysteriously opening in my hands to each separate story of the last supper, so that answered it.

Jesus was raised up to God without being killed or crucified and that is Glorious but not if you think your life depends on his death, right? Isn't that funny that I get excited that God saved Jesus but you get excited when you believe his death saved you. You have to actually want Jesus crucified where…

No. I do not get excited that Jesus died for my sins. I do not deserve that. Jesus did not die for my sins only but for the sins of the whole world. he entered into the afterlife and locked away Satan – so he could deceive the nations no more! Jesus conquered death. He was the “firstborn” from the dead, and it was Jesus who opened a door to eternal life for anyone, right back to Adam and Eve, right through, even Muslims'Jews/Athiests, etc, who have never heard the truth, they are judged on what they did – see? That is what i believe anyway.

as I just have to believe Jesus when he said “repent for the remission of sins”

Well, can't argue there. I agree with you.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 30 2012,22:27)

No Bod, and be baptized, and believe in every word of Jesus – as true.
    The Quran does not agree with every word that Jesus said as true.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 30 2012,12:39)

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 27 2012,21:05)
    Also if I remember right, Islam believes that the promised 'comforter' was Mohammad not the Holy Spirit?

Some people in Islam believe that but it does not say that in the Quran but Muhammad is never referred to as the Holy Spirit, some Muslims believe that the New testament verse that says I will send a helper can refer to Muhammad because it uses the word Ahmad which is “Truth” and it refers to the comforter using the word “Parcelet” which is most often used to describe a person. Muhammad did come glorifying Christ and doing what is described in that verse but the answer to your question is some Muslims believe that and some do not but it is nevertheless not an important topic in Islam in general

Hi BD, who do YOU believe Jesus is referring to in this verse?

“I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
     Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
     for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and
     he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.” (John 16:12-14)

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 30 2012,19:48)

Bd,

King James Version (KJV)

Bod,
    You said that you had studied the Bible before you read the Quran but if you had studied the Bible first then how could the Quran fit the Bible, if you believed the Bible. Did you believe the Bible?

The bible says:

'But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God; who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God were begotten.'

The Quran says that God does NOT beget, but being begotten of God is a really important thing in the bible – if you look into it. Of course we know it has, as it says, nothing to do with procreating etc! But, spiritually…

Shalom 2Besee,

islam is a fleshly religion, promising the followers of it
    72 virgin girls and 300 boy slaves in the afterlife.

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 30 2012,14:39)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 30 2012,12:57)

Bd,

King James Version (KJV)

B,tharta.

If Jesus was not resurrected from his grave,then there is no resurrection of the dead;our faith is in vain.There is nothing ahead.

Lets just live to the full,and be merry for tomorrow we will die.

wakeup.

Jsus doesn't have to be resurrected from the grave for there to be a resurrection otherwise he would not have said “I am the resurrection”

John 11:25
    Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

This is the truth.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 30 2012,19:48)

Bd,

King James Version (KJV)

Bod,

The bible says:

Now we are getting somewhere, Now we are talking about the usage of language to reflect a status. The Quran simply clarifies this poetic language the usage of these metaphors and the reason is by the time Muhammad has received the revelation there were many then and even today calling Mary the Mother of God, Calling Jesus God and even some putting Jesus, God and Mary as a Family.

God does not have a spouse nor would He need one to create

To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things.
    ( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #101)

The Quran simply sets things right by Placing God in His rightful and sovereign position and respectively placing man and the prophets of God in their rightful position.

Jesus is The Christ:

christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant,-He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #172)

Christ Jesus serves and worships God it is not the other way around and they are not partners or equals. I pray to the God of Jesus, The God of Abraham, The God of ALL FLESH

Jeremiah 32:27
    Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 30 2012,20:13)

1 Peter 1:23 'You have been begotten anew, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God'

1 John 2:29 'If ye know that he is righteous, know ye that every one doing the righteousness, of him hath been begotten'

1 John 3:9 'Every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten'

1 John 4:7 'Beloved, may we love one another, because the love is of God, and every one who is loving, of God he hath been begotten, and doth know God; he who is not loving did not know God, because God is love'  

1 John 5:1 'Every one who is believing that Jesus is the Christ, of God he hath been begotten, and every one who is loving Him who did beget, doth love also him who is begotten of Him: in this we know that we love the children of God, when we may love God, and His commands may keep'

1 John 5:18 'We have known that every one who hath been begotten of God doth not sin, but he who was begotten of God doth keep himself, and the evil one doth not touch him'

So God does not beget, according to the Quran.

God does not beget according to the Bible I keep explaining the word usage is confusing you when you become “born again” it is not literal physically it is a spiritual transformation by the renewing of the mind let me let Jesus explain:

John 3:2-8

King James Version (KJV)

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

So there is no literal begetting like nicodemus taking it literally.

Baptism itself is symbolic

The bottom line is when you repent and turn towards God He will give you a fresh new start cause you have submitted to His will, you will become GODly you will reflect the image and likeness of God s a child reflects the image and likeness of his parents. But Godliness is not being GOD.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 30 2012,20:27)

Yes I do, and I also remember praying and asking about the crucifixion once upon a time, and I remember hearing the quiet voice of Jesus saying to look at the last supper and I remember my bible mysteriously opening in my hands to each separate story of the last supper, so that answered it.

Jesus was raised up to God without being killed or crucified and that is Glorious but not if you think your life depends on his death, right? Isn't that funny that I get excited that God saved Jesus but you get excited when you believe his death saved you. You have to actually want Jesus crucified where…

No. I do not get excited that Jesus died for my sins. I do not deserve that. Jesus did not die for my sins only but for the sins of the whole world. he entered into the afterlife and locked away Satan – so he could deceive the nations no more! Jesus conquered death. He was the “firstborn” from the dead, and it was Jesus who opened a door to eternal life for anyone, right back to Adam and Eve, right through, even Muslims'Jews/Athiests, etc, who have never heard the truth, they are judged on what they did – see? That is what i believe anyway.

Okay, so let's examine the last supper

I's funny you should call it that because Jesus ate with them after that when he was standing in front of them alive explaining that he was not in fact a ghost but was alive flesh and bone and hungry he then ate broiled fish and honey comb

Mark 14:36-42

King James Version (KJV)

36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

37 And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?

38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

39 And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.

40 And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.

41 And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

42 Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.

The Last Supper is about a betrayal and so I ask you if it was the intention of Jesus to die forthe sins of the world how is there then any betrayal? Jesus asked God 3 times to SAVE him from this betrayal and death so the question is did God hear him?

Jesus answers this:

John 11:40-42

King James Version (KJV)

40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

I believe that God heard Jesus and Saved him as the Quran explains.

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah”;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

158 Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

159 And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 30 2012,03:33)

Quote (journey42 @ Oct. 28 2012,22:52)
    Hi 2Besse

Hi Journey,
    I think we that we should keep this thread on topic – 'The kingdom of the antichrist is Islam' – okay?

And I think Edj has been given enough proof that the kingdom of the antichrist is not Islam.  

Hi Journey42,

You haven't given any “proof” to the contrary?       …only your opinions.

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Edj.

All of that can be backed up by scriptures.
    Of which you have not been given to see the big picture.
    Not all are given the gift of prophecy,but if one accept the prophecy given; one will receive the same reward.

Seek the scriptures if the interpretations are correct,or ask questions,not reject before you have proven that they are in error.

To see the big picture is to have found the treasure.Dont reject this treasure,for it is free. You can buy with no MONEY.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wakeup,

But that's just it, the interpretations you are giving are false.

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 31 2012,06:11)

Shalom 2Besee,

islam is a fleshly religion, promising the followers of it
    72 virgin girls and 300 boy slaves in the afterlife.

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)

Hi Ed,  

I did learn about Islam several years ago – but I forget a lot now.

Back then I was loving what I was learning but then it got to the stage where I learnt that Islam denies Jesus as being the son of God, and then puts Jesus down to the level of a prophet who is no different than Mohammad etc, and that is where I left it.

2besee
    Participant

Bod, why do you use the KJV? It was altered by trinitarians in quite a few places from what I have learnt. RSV is good.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,681 through 1,700 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account