Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 25 2012,01:59)

Quote (journey42 @ Oct. 25 2012,01:54)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,01:39)

Ed

Can you share with us how you came to be a christian?

Hi J42.

Who says he is a christian; he has rejected all scriptures so far.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

Let's try not to be mean spirited; OK?
    There is no Scripture I rejected. Please
    desist from bearing false witness of me.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,02:18)

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 25 2012,01:59)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,01:39)

Ed

Hi J42.

Who says he is a christian; he has rejected all scriptures so far.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

Let's try not to be mean spirited; OK?
    There is no Scripture I rejected. Please
    desist from bearing false witness of me.

God bless

Edj.

So in your eyes you are not guilty.
    But you have rejected scripture after scripture,because its not in your taste.

I have,j42 has,devo has,but you have rejected them all.
    The picture you have in your mind does not reflect the scriptures.
    Its very distorted.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wakeup,

No, lets be clear here. What I reject is
    your private interpretation of prophecy.

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,03:00)
    Hi Wakeup,

No, lets be clear here. What I reject is
    your private interpretation of prophecy.

God bless

EdJ.

Georgie has QUOTED straigt out of the scriptures,and you call that a private interpretation?

You are quoting scriptures and put your own words to it;
    Like lucifer is I AM; WHERE IS THAT IN THE SCRIPTURES?
    The 10 horned beast has 7heads,where is that written?

What the scriptures says; THE 10 HORNS WHICH ARE UPON
    HIS HEAD.(one head).
    But you are insisting,that this is not the case.

Lets be honest here,who is the one putting own interpretations?

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 25 2012,08:31)
    EdJ.

(1)Like lucifer is I AM; WHERE IS THAT IN THE SCRIPTURES?
    (2)The 10 horned beast has 7heads,where is that written?

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

1) 2Thess.2:4
    2) Rev.17:3

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,02:15)

Hi Edj

Thanks for sharing that. Everyone has a story, and I find them all intriguing.
    Did someone hand you a bible, or lead you to a church? Were you alone, or did you have someone close to you in the Lord, explaining the scriptures?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Oct. 25 2012,09:30)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,02:15)

Ed

Hi Georgie,

As I told Stuart here, when I was twelve: I seen
    that I was not able to control myself, and that the
    firmness of what was right and wrong kept changing.

Like an alcoholic has never had to much drink while they
    are drinking, wrong doing was always beyond my practices.

Their are laws, and because of these laws I was slowly headed
    for jail. As I said I could not control myself. So I called out to God,
    and said God if you are real, I need your help. I needed to where
    the proverbial “line in the sand” was, and also help to adhere to it.

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Edj

Thanks for sharing that.  Everyone has a story, and I find them all intriguing.
    Did someone hand you a bible, or lead you to a church?  Were you alone, or did you have someone close to you in the Lord, explaining the scriptures?

Hi Georgie,

My mom use to send us to “Bar-W” when I was 5.
    I was walking in the woods when I was 12.
    That's probably an over simplistic story;
    But, it accurately depicts it for you.

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,08:54)

EdJ.

(1)Like lucifer is I AM; WHERE IS THAT IN THE SCRIPTURES?
    (2)The 10 horned beast has 7heads,where is that written?

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

2) Rev.17:3

God bless

EDj.

Those scriptures has nothing to do with your I am.
    its out of context.

Needs knowledge to apply every scriptures,where it belongs.
    You can not put a picture of a horse where is suppose to be an elephant.

But one has to know, how the picture suppose to look like.
    Then he can say; hey; thats suppose to be an elephant there,not a horse. An error has been made.
    You think they care? not at all;it still looks nice,thats all what matters.

And there are many great errors made,by everyone.
    They have been presented a distorted picture,but they are happy non the less.

This is the Christian world today,and yesterday.
    One crying in the wilderness,make straight the way of the lord.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 25 2012,09:48)

EdJ.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

God bless
    Ed J

EDj.

its out of context.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup, (Ezek 28:9)

“Wilt thou (o son of perdition) yet say before him (Ed J) that slayeth thee,  i am God?
    but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.” (Link)

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,10:04)

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 25 2012,09:48)

EdJ.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

God bless
    Ed J

EDj.

its out of context.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup, (Ezek 28:9)

“Wilt thou (o son of perdition) yet say before him (Ed J) that slayeth thee,  i am God?
    but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.” (Link)

God bless

EDj.

Lucifer will be just like a man by the hand that will slay him.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Devolution @ Oct. 24 2012,00:54)

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 23 2012,19:39)

Hi 2besse,

No, this prophecy is already fulfilled. True Christians do not go to war, and they do not kill, not even in their heart. We have changed our warlike weapons into plowshares and our spears into implements of tillage. How could you say this is not yet fulfilled?

Isaiah 2:4
       And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people, and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks, nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

We see that God was speaking of nations, not individual Christians.
    Notice the key within the verse which gives us the time period…”He shall judge among the nations”.
    A time of judgment upon the nations!
    Some say this has happened, however for this to be fulfilled, we can not ignore the result of that judgment, and the result of that judgment is: “neither shall they (nations), learn war anymore”.

This has not occurred, and since we all know that every nation still has armies, and armies learn war, then the prophecy is still future.

Do we have other examples?
    Yes we do:

Micah 4:3
       And He shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off, and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks, nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

Again, a judgment (cause), and then peace (effect).
    A judgment squarely aimed at nations.

Now, since the result of this judgment is peace amongst the nations, peace also has another run-on effect of its own…and that effect is stability!!

Isaiah 33:6
       And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation, the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

When the nations finally learn the wisdom and knowledge of The Lord, which leads to peace which brings stability, then this will be fulfilled also:

Habakkuk 2:14
       For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Yes, we know that the preaching of Christ has indeed covered the earth to this day, however this preaching is not for filling the earth in knowledge, that comes later, but is instead is for this purpose:

Matthew 24:14
       And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

So we see that the preaching must first cover the earth for a witness.
    A witness must first witness before he can “testify”.
    And this witness serves this purpose:

John 15:22
       If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

John 15:24
       If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

So the preaching first served to remove the cloak for men's sinning in ignorance (no more excuses), and the 2nd coming will judge those sinners by the word that was first preached through all the world for a witness which of course legitimises the judgment.

Witness first…Christ came into the world.

John 15:27
       And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning.

Judgment second…Christ will return.

2 Timothy 4:1
       I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Thus:

John 16:8
       And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye see me no more. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

hope you delve deeper into this 2besse, because when you do it for yourself, you will see that many “trusted Christian authorities” over the centuries have in fact been wrong all along!!
    Thus also bearing witness to this:

Jeremiah 23:21
       I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Matthew 16:6
       Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Colossians 2:8
       Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

And those men you quote assuredly were soaked in their churches traditions, we can see it in their statements, for like so many of their peers, they have not grasped the truth of this:

John 14:26
       But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

We MUST have faith that our Lord spoke truth on this matter. This saying has seen millions of Christians stumble for they do not believe that man can learn of Christ unless they first learn from “trusted” sources of “ordained” men teaching “authorised” and “true” doctrines. This of course goes against Christ's promise that He will teach us.

God bless.

Hi Devolution thanks for your post,

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

And those men you quote assuredly were soaked in their churches traditions, we can see it in their statements, for like so many of their peers, they have not grasped the truth of this:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

We MUST have faith that our Lord spoke truth on this matter. This saying has seen millions of Christians stumble for they do not believe that man can learn of Christ unless they first learn from “trusted” sources of “ordained” men teaching “authorised” and “true” doctrines. This of course goes against Christ's promise that He will teach us.

Yes I agree with you on this.

We are to follow no man, and
    we have a teacher, and we have no need of any other,

I do not have an answer to your verses above,
    but just because I don't have an answer to a couple of verses in the O.T does not make my view, or what was the majority view wrong.

I am no Trinitarian – nor am I an 'Eternal Conscious Torment' believer – so I don't follow the majority view in all, but with this one particular topic, my own view agrees with the Amil view, and I came to my understanding BEFORE I found a name for it.

I will not change my mind no matter what scriptures you give me from the OT, and I believe that the Amil position has A LOT of importance regarding the end of days, and the coming of the man of sin/son of perdition which I will get to soon.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Oct. 24 2012,05:26)
    Hi 2Besse

If the man of sin of 2nd Thess is to sit on a literal throne in Jerusalem, which is what the early church believed then how will you know if it is Jesus or if it is the imposter?  

Please think about that,

Because the Man of Sin, known to us as the False Prophet, will come out of the beast in Rev 13, with the seven heads and ten horns.  The ten horns are 10 kings that will unite.  This is the end time kingdom.  You will know when they appear, there will be 10 leaders and they will form.  They are coming from the North (north of Israel) Europe.  NW.  They will be here soon, and will rule for a short space, then their leader, the false prophet will come up.  He will perform signs & miracles (lying wonders) and we will identify him straight away, when he comes up. He will issue the mark of the beast and make it compulsory.
    So this man, the false prophet.  THE false prophet.  Not A false prophet, but the one to come must come first, do his evil work, go into Israel and occupy it for 3 1/2 years, cause the armies to gather there in Israel, then he will be cut off and thrown into the lake of fire when Christ intervenes. This is the 2nd coming.
    So as long as we know the prophesies, and stay awake, we will not be decieved.  There is absolutely no mistaking Christ from the False prophet, as scipture has to be fulfilled before Christ returns, and we are not asleep, but keeping watch.

The only ones who could be decieved are those who believe in the so called “rapture”. They are waiting for Christ to come collect them before all this happens.  They may confuse this false prophet with Christ, and this will be their deception. Most of them base their faith on what their eyes see, and believe because their church is always performing miracles, and this will be the bait.

It's a very long audio.  I listened to the first 20 min. Then had to stop, and when I did it froze my computer.  I couldn't get back into heaven net, but could log in at other sites.  I am now using a different computer. I won't be going back into it, sorry.  But from what I did hear, I will touch on.
    I don't look at the bible from a theologian's point of view. They put everybody into groups. I am very aware of Dispensational /pre & post millenialism, and Armillienism as I have spent quite some time debating theologians in the past.
    I like to keep it real, and simple, so one doesn't have to be a uni student to follow the conversation.
    Something is either true, or it is false.  I definately don't want to be put into a group because I believe this or that.  If churches want to have their doctrines, then leave me out of it.  It has nothing to do with what truth I have found in the scriptures.  For all have a little bit of truth but not the whole truth.

Hi Journey.

No, this prophecy is already fulfilled. True Christians do not go to war, and they do not kill, not even in their heart. We have changed our warlike weapons into plowshares and our spears into implements of tillage. How could you say this is not yet fulfilled?

Because until you Read Micah 4:1-8 and Isaiah 2:4 and the time frame it is regarding, you will see it's about the nations.  THEY will not learn war any more.  AFTER Christ returns, for he will rule with a Rod of Iron. That means he will be strict exercising his authority and IN CONTROL.

Hi Journey thanks for your post,

So this man, the false prophet.  THE false prophet.  Not A false prophet, but the one to come must come first, do his evil work, go into Israel and occupy it for 3 1/2 years, cause the armies to gather there in Israel, then he will be cut off and thrown into the lake of fire when Christ intervenes. This is the 2nd coming.

Yes I DO agree with all that you have this far said, but, the point I want to make is this:

What happens at the second coming Journey?

If I read you right then you believe that Jesus will take his throne in Jerusalem, though sinners or non-believers will still be existing – and that the elect will then teach them all for a thousand years.

This is not what Scripture says Journey, scripture says that when Jesus comes back, then ALL the people will be separated, and to those on his right – they will go off to the eternal kingdom prepared since the foundation of the world, and to those on his left – they will go to the lake of fire, to eternal destruction, and then there will be a new heavens and a new earth.

It is so simply told by Jesus and confirmed in the prophets such as Johns revelation and Saint Peter:  When the Lord comes back then EVERYTHING will be finished, the earth will melt in the fervent heat, and just as the days of Noah when the flood came and took the sinners away, so shall it be.

And then there is a new heavens and a new earth which is God's eternal kingdom – in which there will be no more sadness or suffering or pain.

So as long as we know the prophesies, and stay awake, we will not be decieved.  There is absolutely no mistaking Christ from the False prophet, as scipture has to be fulfilled before Christ returns, and we are not asleep, but keeping watch.

I see you and the others are doing really good with staying awake – which is great to see – good on you!!!

Just remember this though:  Jesus tells us that he will come at a time when is LEAST expected and to always be ready for you do not know at what hour he will return, so when you say that you will KNOW it is Jesus sitting on the throne in earthly Jerusalem, I tell this today – you (possibly) will not know, because even Satan can appear as if an Angel of light.

And even the elect could be deceived.

And also, Jesus told us – if they say here he is or lo there do not go out.

journey42
    Participant

2besee,Oct. wrote:

I

Hi 2Besse

What happens at the second coming Journey?

If I read you right then you believe that Jesus will take his throne in Jerusalem, though sinners or non-believers will still be existing – and that the elect will then teach them all for a thousand years.

Yes.  Jesus will take his throne in Jerusalem.  He will rule with the saints.  For the saints to rule with him, they must have others to rule over.  The boundaries of the kingdom will extend Israel's borders.  In fact, the kingdom will be 2,220km long, 2,220km wide, and 2,220km high. (Rev 21:16]

Rev 21:16   And THE CITY lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, TWELVE THOUSAND FURLONGS.  The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

This is the boundary of the kingdom.  It will be roughly as long as egypt up to Lebanon.  That whole area will be Israel.  The temple however will be in Jerusalem.  That's the headquarters, where Christ and the saints will be based.  In the inner court (temple).

So why would the Kingdom have boundaries?  Why not the whole earth?  Why the height of it as well?  Why is it that also the air space (2220 km high) is allocated as well?  You have to ask all these questions.  The kingdom's dimensions, are given to us for a reason.

Let me also add.  God has chosen for himself a remnant from Israel.  This remnant goes way back, to the Hewbrews, and those at Christ's coming. They are chosen by election, so it is not all of them.  These Israelites will be raised in the flesh, not spirit.  They have to come through Christ now, for no man can enter the kingdom of God unless he goes through Christ.  Most of these never had a chance for they died under the law.  Now they will have their new covenant established with them, by Christ himself.  They will marry in the kingdom, and produce offspring.  They will all be taught by the lamb.  First hand knowledge.  They will be protected, and no harm will ever come to them.  They will build their own houses, eat their own fruit.  The kingdom will be filled with orchards, and with all the treasures of the earth.  This is the land, now flowing with milk and honey.  God will restore it.  Put animals in there, that will not kill.  The wolf and the lamb shall feed together (Isaiah 65:25) The Lions shall eat straw, dust shall be the serpents meat. A child will live to be a hundred years old, but the sinner will die accursed for the 1000 years (obviously he is living outside the kingdom, and not in it)  For nothing will hurt or destroy in God's holy mountain. (Kingdom)  

You have to look at these things 2Besse, and ask questions.
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, ON EARTH, as it is in heaven.  This is a prophecy.  This prayer is more clear now.

journey42
    Participant

2Besse

This is not what Scripture says Journey, scripture says that when Jesus comes back, then ALL the people will be separated, and to those on his right – they will go off to the eternal kingdom prepared since the foundation of the world, and to those on his left – they will go to the lake of fire, to eternal destruction, and then there will be a new heavens and a new earth.

There will be a lot of death, during the trumpets, and when Christ comes on the 7th, he will destroy the VERY WICKED.  He does not take everyone down that is not a christian.  Not everyone is absolutely wicked.  Sinners, yes, uninformed, ignorant yes, but there are murderers,  rapists, thieves that have taken for themselves, and robbed people of all they have, kidnappers, extortioners, haters of God (with pure hatred), and those that have assisted in murdering the saints or dobbed them in to authorities, others that have come against Israel (the armies).  People full of envy, decievers, the proud & haughty, false witnessess, the wicked that plot against the just.  All these will be killed by the lord, for the sake of the good.  These are the goats.  The very bad ones.  The rest, whether they knew God or not, are redeemable. There are sins leading to death, and there are sins not leading to death. What about the poor that didn't know God, or lived in a country where it is not acceptable to be a christian?  What about those who suffered, and mourned?  Who missed out on things, who were oppressed by the Wicked?  Those who went hungry? The homeless?  The oppressed. God uses righteous judgement, and he will have mercy on whomever he has mercy.  He sees into the heart.  Whether that heart knew him or not, he can see whether that heart practised righteousness.
     This is God's plan, not mine. I am very glad to have a God that is so fair in judgement, and full of mercy.
    It's all in the scriptures.

Isaiah 11:4   But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he SLAY THE WICKED.

Isaiah 13:11   And I will punish the world for their evil, and the WICKED for their INIQUITY; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Jeremiah 25:31   A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are WICKED to the sword, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 46:12   The nations have heard of thy shame, and thy cry hath filled the land: for the MIGHTY MAN HATH STUMBLED AGAINST THE MIGHTY, and THEY ARE FALLEN BOTH TOGETHER.

It says that only the beast and the false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire.  Not even Satan will be, for he will be bound for a thousand years.  The rest who are destroyed are reserved for the final judgement, a thousand years later. THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT. They will be made to face Christ, and will experience ABSOLUTE FEAR of the Lord, and HE will be a TERROR unto them, they will be stripped naked, everything revealed… all their wicked deeds will be remembered & bought to their attention…..  Then they will go into the lake of fire.

THERE ARE NATIONS SURVIVING AFTER THE COMING.

Jeremiah 50:2   Declare ye among the NATIONS, and PUBLISH, and set up a standard; publish, and conceal not: say, BABYLON IS TAKEN, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces; her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces.

Ezekiel 38:23   Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be KNOWNin the eyes of MANY NATIONS, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 39:27   When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them IN THE SIGHT OF MANY NATIONS;

Daniel 7:14   And there was given him DOMINION, and GLORY, and a KINGDOM, that all people, NATIONS, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Micah 4:2   And MANY NATIONS shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

AND LETS NOT FORGET THIS ONE!

Micah 4:3   And he shall judge among many people, and REBUKE STRONG NATIONS AFAR OFF; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: NATION SHALL NOT LIFT UP A SWORD AGAINST NATION, NEITHER SHALL THEY LEARN WAR ANYMORE.

What's the point in turning weapons of war into weapons for hunting, if there will not be nations existing?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Oct. 25 2012,20:14)
    The boundaries of the kingdom will extend Israel's borders.  In fact, the kingdom will be 2,220km long, 2,220km wide, and 2,220km high. (Rev 21:16]

12,000 furlongs = 1500 miles
    1500 miles = 2414.02 kilometers

Here is the reference chart for you:                                …three beasts             …three unclean spirits.

1st Beast of Rev.12:3 is 'The Red Dragon'   ……………… the (red) dragon  —— (spiritual beast) ………. 888            
    2nd Beast of Rev.13:1-3 is 'Antichrist beast'   …………… (Antichrist) beast —— (physical beast) ………. 222
    3rd Beast of Rev.13:11 is 'The False Prophet'   ………….. the false prophet —— (spiritual/physical) ……. 666

“And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the (great) dragon, and
      out of the mouth of the (Antichrist) beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.” (Rev 16:13)

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 25 2012,22:16)

Quote (journey42 @ Oct. 25 2012,20:14)
    The boundaries of the kingdom will extend Israel's borders.  In fact, the kingdom will be 2,220km long, 2,220km wide, and 2,220km high. (Rev 21:16]

12,000 furlongs = 1500 miles
    1500 miles = 2414.02 kilometers

Here is the reference chart for you:                                …three beasts             …three unclean spirits.

1st Beast of Rev.12:3 is 'The Red Dragon'   ……………… the (red) dragon  —— (spiritual beast) ………. 888            
    2nd Beast of Rev.13:1-3 is 'Antichrist beast'   …………… (Antichrist) beast —— (physical beast) ………. 222
    3rd Beast of Rev.13:11 is 'The False Prophet'   ………….. the false prophet —— (spiritual/physical) ……. 666

“And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the (great) dragon, and
      out of the mouth of the (Antichrist) beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.” (Rev 16:13)

God bless

Edj
    Yes your right. Near enough anyway to give us an idea.

The Dragon, the False Prophet, and the beast have nothing to do with the kingdom. They will not be there.
    Where are you getting this weired stuff from?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Georgie,

If you have a question for me, could you be a tad bit more specific?

God bless

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 25 2012,19:01)

Quote (Devolution @ Oct. 24 2012,00:54)

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 23 2012,19:39)

Hi 2besse,

Isaiah 2:4
       And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people, and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks, nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

We see that God was speaking of nations, not individual Christians.
    Notice the key within the verse which gives us the time period…”He shall judge among the nations”.
    A time of judgment upon the nations!
    Some say this has happened, however for this to be fulfilled, we can not ignore the result of that judgment, and the result of that judgment is: “neither shall they (nations), learn war anymore”.

This has not occurred, and since we all know that every nation still has armies, and armies learn war, then the prophecy is still future.

Do we have other examples?
    Yes we do:

Micah 4:3
       And He shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off, and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks, nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

Again, a judgment (cause), and then peace (effect).
    A judgment squarely aimed at nations.

Now, since the result of this judgment is peace amongst the nations, peace also has another run-on effect of its own…and that effect is stability!!

Isaiah 33:6
       And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation, the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

When the nations finally learn the wisdom and knowledge of The Lord, which leads to peace which brings stability, then this will be fulfilled also:

Habakkuk 2:14
       For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Yes, we know that the preaching of Christ has indeed covered the earth to this day, however this preaching is not for filling the earth in knowledge, that comes later, but is instead is for this purpose:

Matthew 24:14
       And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

So we see that the preaching must first cover the earth for a witness.
    A witness must first witness before he can “testify”.
    And this witness serves this purpose:

John 15:22
       If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

John 15:24
       If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

So the preaching first served to remove the cloak for men's sinning in ignorance (no more excuses), and the 2nd coming will judge those sinners by the word that was first preached through all the world for a witness which of course legitimises the judgment.

Witness first…Christ came into the world.

John 15:27
       And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning.

Judgment second…Christ will return.

2 Timothy 4:1
       I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Thus:

John 16:8
       And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye see me no more. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

hope you delve deeper into this 2besse, because when you do it for yourself, you will see that many “trusted Christian authorities” over the centuries have in fact been wrong all along!!
    Thus also bearing witness to this:

Jeremiah 23:21
       I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Matthew 16:6
       Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

God bless.

Hi Devolution thanks for your post,

We MUST have faith that our Lord spoke truth on this matter. This saying has seen millions of Christians stumble for they do not believe that man can learn of Christ unless they first learn from “trusted” sources of “ordained” men teaching “authorise
    d” and “true” doctrines. This of course goes against Christ's promise that He will teach us.

Yes I agree with you on this.

We are to follow no man, and we have a teacher, and we have no need of any other,

I do not have an answer to your verses above,
    but just because I don't have an answer to a couple of verses in the O.T does not make my view, or what was the majority view wrong.

I am no Trinitarian – nor am I an 'Eternal Conscious Torment' believer – so I don't follow the majority view in all, but with this one particular topic, my own view agrees with the Amil view, and I came to my understanding BEFORE I found a name for it.

I will not change my mind no matter what scriptures you give me from the OT, and I believe that the Amil position has A LOT of importance regarding the end of days, and the coming of the man of sin/son of perdition which I will get to soon.

Hi 2besse,

I remind you that the Jews also would not budge on their views, please don't limit Gods word to our precepts, never say never because views change when our spirit grows and understanding blossoms!!

Anyway, there are more than just a couple of verses on this topic in the OT, there are whole chapters!!

Nevertheless, here is another one to ponder….

Isaiah 4:5-6
    And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
    And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

In this chapter God is speaking to Israel, NOT the Christians but flesh Jews.
    Now consider, what need does spirit have for protection from heat and from storm and rain?
    Spirit is not affected by the earthly.
    So this can not be for the resurrected saints, but for humans.
    But the Christian world says that there will no longer be flesh mortals after Christ returns!!
    Yet here we see humans, and Israelis at that, being called “His people”!!
    They can not explain this, they prefer to sweep it under the carpet, please do not do the same without careful examination of your own.
    Only you are answerable for your own walk.

Also, on finishing, does Israel have such a covert today?
    Has she ever?
    No she has not.
    There is more going on than the Christian world realises or is willing to accept.
    I ask you to delve deeper.

God bless.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 24 2012,15:39)
    B.tharta.

Can a muslem freely change religion without losing his head?

wakeup.

Yes, of course it happens every day

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 24 2012,18:36)

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 24 2012,15:39)
    B.tharta.

Can a muslem freely change religion without losing his head?

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

It is also against 'sharia law' to preach “Jesus is Lord”(151) (1Cor.12:3),  –  punishable BY DEATH (beheading)!
    “and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God,
     and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received
     his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;” (Revelation 20:4)

God bless

E

You do not know what you are talking about Shariah Law is not even the same in different countries and the words only mean “God's law” it would be like saying we live by the 10 commandments and you do realize that at one time breaking some of those Jewish laws resulted in death, right?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account