Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Matt.19:16-19 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master,
    what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto
    him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God:

but if thou will enter into life, keep the commandments.
    He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt
    not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 15 2010,15:58)
    Hi Tim,

God bless

Ed: When Jesus was asked a question by person who were under the law and believed they were under the law of good works, he answered that person with answers pertaining to the law. Also when the pharisees and saducees ask questions he answered them under their law.

The “world” of evil was talking about the Jews under the law!

Matt:16:12…then they understood that Jesus bade them not beware of the leaven of bread,but of the doctrine (law) of the pharisees and of the sadducees…!

After the resurrection of Jesus:

Luke24:42….Jesus ask for meat,and they gave him piece of broiled fish, and some honeycomb and he did eat before them and he said, These are the words I spake unto you while I was yet with you, that all thing must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in th psalms, concerning me….!

Before the resurrection:

Luke22:16…For I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I WILL NOT ANY MORE EATTHEREOF, UNTIL IT BE FULFILLED IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD!

V18:…For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, UNTIL, THE KINGDOM OF GOD SHALL COME!..

John4:34…my meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to FINISH HIS WORK.

The old testament with the law is over. Faith in what Jesus says and love to all is the foundation of the new covenant. IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Are you saying what is written in “The Bible” doesn't pertain to you?

Ed J

Baker
    Participant

Ed I am really surprised that you don't understand the New Covenant.  Tim is right.  first of all we are not without any Law.  In fact what Jesus did on the Sermon on the Mount is He magnified the law and made it Spiritual.
    This is the Old
    Exd 34:28   And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.  

The New

Luk 22:20   Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.  

We are also under grace

Eph 2:7   That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.  

Eph 2:8   For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:  

Eph 2:9   Not of works, lest any man should boast.  

And sin is not imputed to us who by faith in Christ jesus believe

Rom 4:6   Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,  

Rom 4:7   [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.  

Rom 4:8   Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.  

To me it is made clear, how about you Ed

Peace and Love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 16 2010,02:30)
    Ed

first of all we are not without any Law.  In fact what Jesus did on the Sermon on the Mount is He magnified the law and made it Spiritual.

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

It sounds like you are agreeing with me; so whats your beef?

God bless

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,02:36)

Ed

first of all we are not without any Law.  In fact what Jesus did on the Sermon on the Mount is He magnified the law and made it Spiritual.

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

God bless

Ed no I don't agree with you. You believe that we are still under the ten commandments. I have shown you by scriptures that it is the Old covenant while I believe that we are under the New Covenant. Scriptures already given…
    peace and love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 16 2010,02:50)

Ed

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

God bless

Ed no I don't agree with you.  You believe that we are still under the ten commandments.  I have shown you by scriptures that it is the Old covenant while I believe that we are under the New Covenant.  Scriptures already given…
    peace and love Irene

Hi Irene,

How do you account for Matt.19:16-19…

Please explain (for us all) just exactly how these “Two” commandments were done away with?

Deut.5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
    Matt.5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman
    to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Deut.5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
    1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer:
    and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Ed: Don't be so low as to try to trick Irene. She is correct about the law. You are incorrect and refusing to accept the truth. Jesus was talking to people that considered themselves under the law. They believed they were under the law. If he were talking to you he would refer to the law. Its alway ones choice to follow the old law to death, destruction and sin or accept the new covenant, sealed in the blood of Jesus that operates by faith in Jesus' works, not by works/deeds of law. The law/deeds/works could not make perfect. Jesus did the work to make us perfect. If we believe!!

Previous question: Are you saying that the Bible doesn' pertain to you/me? Let me make it crystal clear so that you can see/hear. I don't need anything the old testament has to offer. The new testament leads us to God. The old testament showed us previous error and sin. Mixing the two is like oil and water. They don't mix. If it were not there the world maybe would be better off.Much pain, killing, destruction revealed in the ot. The good that is in the old seems outweighed by the bad, evil, wrong. I learned how to read the prophets fifteen years ago and aside from two close confidants, I have not heard any others that know how they are read and what they say.
    The Bible/New Testament is for “whosoever” will believe and receive what Christ has done for us!! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 16 2010,21:00)
    Ed:

Don't be so low as to try to trick Irene. She is correct about the law. You are incorrect and refusing to accept the truth.

TK

Hi Tim,

2Tm.3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax
    worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
    It is you that is trying to perpetrate a deception!

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 10 2010,00:43)
    I'm sure your idea of immorality and mine and society itself are three different things. Between two consenting adults there is no law but their own. IMO!

Yet you would say that Jesus never sinned and yet he set the lady, caught in adultry, free and would not condemn her sin if in fact it was a sin.

Matt.5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments,
    and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:

but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
    Matt.7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 16 2010,01:19)

Hi Tim,

God bless

Ed: When Jesus was asked a question by person who were under the law and believed they were under the law of good works, he answered that person with answers pertaining to the law. Also when the pharisees and saducees ask questions he answered them under their law.

Matt:16:12…then they understood that Jesus bade them not beware of the leaven of bread,but of the doctrine (law) of the pharisees and of the sadducees…!

Luke24:42….Jesus ask for meat,and they gave him  piece of broiled fish, and some honeycomb and he did eat before them and he said, These are the words I spake unto you while I was yet with you, that all thing must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in th psalms, concerning me….!

Before the resurrection:

Luke22:16…For I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I WILL NOT ANY MORE EATTHEREOF, UNTIL IT BE FULFILLED IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD!

V18:…For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, UNTIL, THE KINGDOM OF GOD SHALL COME!..

The old testament with the law is over. Faith in what Jesus says and love to all is the foundation of the new covenant. IMO, TK

Greetings Tim….How is it that the ten commandments survived the doing away with the old testement when the rest of the law was alledgedly abolished with the death of Jesus….

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,02:54)

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 16 2010,02:50)

Ed

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

God bless

Ed no I don't agree with you.  You believe that we are still under the ten commandments.  I have shown you by scriptures that it is the Old covenant while I believe that we are under the New Covenant.  Scriptures already given…
    peace and love Irene

Hi Irene,

How do you account for Matt.19:16-19…

Please explain (for us all) just exactly how these “Two” commandments were done away with?

Deut.5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
    Matt.5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman
    to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Deut.5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
    1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer:
    and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Ed

You're forgetting that Jesus was born under the OLD COVENANT, not only did he had to obey those rules and laws, but he would teach them to others as well.

Did not Jesus say at the last supper,

Mat 26:27   And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;  

Mat 26:28   For this is my blood of the “””new testament”””, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.  

He did away with the “OLD”, and established the “NEW”; testament means covenant.

Here is another scripture you may have overlooked.

Hbr 7:12   For the priesthood being changed, there is made of “””necessity””” a change also of the “””law”””.  

Why was it necessary to change the law? because the “LAW” was given to the Israelis “ONLY”, that “WAS” their covenant.
    Read the book of Leviticus, it tells you all what was written on the two tablets.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Georg,

Glad to see you're feeling better!
    Just exactly how do you figure God's Law is done away with?

Jer.31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a [New Testament]
    with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to [Old Testament]
    that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them
    out of the land of Egypt; which my Testament they brake, lthough I was an
    husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be The New Testament that
    I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD,

I will put MY LAW in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts;
    and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 8:8-10 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come,
    saith the LORD, when I will make a [New Testament] with the house of Israel and with
    the house of Judah: Not according to [Old Testament] that I made with their fathers in the day
    when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued
    not in [my Testament], and I regarded them not, saith the LORD. For this is [The New Testament]
    that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord;
    I will put MY LAWS into their mind, and write them in their hearts:
    and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

God bless

Baker
    Participant

Ed

I know you're doing this on purpose, misquoting what I said.
    Show me where I said, the law was done away.

Yes, God “WILL” make a new law with the house, nation, of Israel, it will be the same law the rest of the world will be under.
    What you're quoting there in Jer. 31:31-34, is of the OT, and God is speaking of the new, which he has not yet done; as of now, we are still under the covenant of blood, sacrifice.

“””For this is [The New Testament]
    and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:”””

This has not yet happened, it will happen in the millennium.

Georg

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 16 2010,22:04)

Hi Tim,

God bless

Luke24:42….Jesus ask for meat,and they gave him  piece of broiled fish, and some honeycomb and he did eat before them and he said, These are the words I spake unto you while I was yet with you, that all thing must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in th psalms, concerning me….!

Before the resurrection:

Greetings Tim….How is it that the ten commandments survived the doing away with the old testement when the rest of the law was alledgedly abolished with the death of Jesus….

theodore: God bless you, There are many today as there have been for thousands of years that have continued to follow the law of moses. That was their choice to do. I was the same early in my studies.

I remained in the law of Moses until I caught hold of what my lord and master Jesus Christ himself said in several places.

Matt:11:13….the prophets and the law were until John (the Baptist)…

Luke:16:16…the law and the prophets were until John…

The Old Testament passed and the New Testament came in Jesus. I follow him! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 17 2010,00:07)
    Ed

Yes, God “WILL” make a new law with the house, nation, of Israel, it will be the same law the rest of the world will be under.
    What you're quoting there in Jer. 31:31-34, is of the OT, and God is speaking of the new, which he has not yet done; as of now, we are still under the covenant of blood, sacrifice.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Do you feel that we are not ALL under the New “Testament”? (Gal.3:28)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 17 2010,00:07)

Hi Tim,

God bless

Before the resurrection:

theodore: God bless you, There are many today as there have been for thousands of years that have continued to follow the law of moses. That was their choice to do. I was the same early in my studies.

I remained in the law of Moses until I caught hold of what my lord and master Jesus Christ himself said in several places.

The Old Testament passed and the New Testament came in Jesus. I follow him!  TK

Hi Tim,

Heb:7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of “The Law”.
    What was the change in “The Law”? AND DON'T SAY “THE LAW” WAS ABOLISHED, EITHER!
    You really don't know the answer to this question; do you Tim Kraft?

God bless

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 17 2010,00:23)

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 17 2010,00:07)
    Ed

Georg

Hi Georg,

Do you feel that we are not ALL under the New “Testament”? (Gal.3:28)

God bless

Yes, but not the one you read about in Jer. 31:31.

Georg

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 17 2010,00:32)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 17 2010,00:07)

Hi Tim,

God bless

Before the resurrection:

The Old Testament passed and the New Testament came in Jesus. I follow him!  TK

Hi Tim,

Heb:7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of “The Law”.
    What was the change in “The Law”? AND DON'T SAY “THE LAW” WAS ABOLISHED, EITHER!
    You really don't know the answer to this question; do you Tim Kraft?

God bless

Ed: Are you a minister of the word of God to the people and you can't see the answer to that question?

There was a change of Priesthood with the New Covenant and a request from God. To love as he has loved us! This is what you would call the new law written in the hearts of men. The old law created sin and death within. The new way where God loves us first is the spirit way of sowing and reaping. Reap from the letter of the law, sin and death. Reap from the love sown by Jesus from God, peace and love.

I don't believe love commands anything. Love is, love accepts, love never forces, love does not demand its way Jesus became Hight Priest and all believers became Priest's of their own Temples, not made with hands. God's temple dwelling within.

The old letter of the law, physical, fleshly commands were done away. Jesus said….I didn't come to “abolish” the law….look up the word translated as “abolish” and in truth it says…I did not come here to “stay in or lodge in” the Law but to fulfill the law or complete the requirements of the law.

The same greek word later was used when the disciples went into town to find “lodging” for the night. Abolish is incorrect. He said he came to fulfill to completion, the Law and introduce
    the Kingdom within!

The main reason I respond to any of your attempts to entrap me in my doctrines from Christ is so others on this site can read and maybe find some light. You are so typical of a Bible thumpin preacher lashing out with scriptures and using the word of God like a whipping belt.

I would say that for you to follow the law to the tee would help the world. You seem to me to have hostility and defensiveness in what should be questions and answers. I am glad that you follow the law. There are many on this site with great wisdom in God that don't lash out like you. TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 17 2010,20:48)
    1) The old law created sin and death within.

2) Jesus said….I didn't come to “abolish” the law

Hi Tim,

1) Why do you keep saying this LIE?
    The Truth is: “The Law” exposes sin!

2) Why do you keep saying he had?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 17 2010,20:48)
    (1) The main reason I respond to any of your attempts to entrap me in my doctrines from Christ is so others on this site can read and maybe find some light. (2) You are so typical of a Bible thumpin preacher lashing out with scriptures and using the word of God like a whipping belt.

(3) I would say that for you to follow the law to the tee would help the world. (4) You seem to me to have hostility and defensiveness (5) in what should be questions and answers. (6) I am glad that you follow the law. (7) There are many on this site with great wisdom in God (8) that don't lash out like you. TK

Hi Tim,

1) I respond to your Posts the way I do: so others won't be mislead some of the 'false truths' you Post.

2) Your 'opinions' mean nothing!

3) Following God's Laws enables others to NOT have anything against you.

4) You're looking at yourself in the mirror again.

James 1:23-24 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer,
    he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a [mirror]: For he
    beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Psalm 18:25-28 With the merciful thou(YHVH) will show thyself merciful;
    with an upright man thou(YHVH) will show thyself upright; With the pure
    thou(YHVH) will show thyself pure; and with the froward thou(YHVH) will
    show thyself froward. For thou(YHVH) will save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.

5) You don't ask questions. And you don't answer my questions.

6) Mark13:6 For many shall come in my (Christian) name,
                       saying, 'i am' ; and shall deceive many.
    2Tm:3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse
                    and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

7) Are you trying to exclude me from this statement?

8) Your 'false truths' could mislead beginner Christians.
    Jer.23:29 Is not my word like as a fire?  saith the LORD;
    and like a hammer that breaketh the (fake) rock in pieces?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account