Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,941 through 2,960 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

so according to your logic the OT is Correct and the NT is false, The NT is correct and the OT is false or they are both false

You missed the fourth option. That both are correct. Unlike the Quran and the Bible, the OT & NT paint a harmonious picture of God who first gave the Law, then after the Law did its work by bringing conviction, he introduced grace. If grace were given without law, we would not be thankful for that grace right. If someone paid my speeding ticket, but I did not know that speeding was illegal, then I am hardly going to be thankful that my fine was paid.

Additionally, Jesus prophesied correctly about the Jews and Jerusalem, so he was certainly a prophet, but if he lied about being the son of God, then he is a liar regardless of his track record as a prophet. However, he was telling the truth and the Jews rejected him and the rest is history. Have a people suffered for as long as the Jews have? Persecuted for centuries, without a country, awaiting a messiah that didn’t turn up, and ending with the Holocaust. But from this death, life arose. And the valley of dry bones came to life. Finally God gave them back the land. He has not given up on his people of the Book as the Quran calls them.

Both testaments are in harmony, even if some refuse to believe it. But the same cannot be said of the Quran and the Bible. Once a Rabbi said that he did not believe that Jesus was the messiah. But he acknowledged that if the messiah had already come, then Jesus was the only real candidate.

While some are still under the OT, and some in the new, others do not believe any of it and some do not believe that the universe was even created.

Obviously there are many views, but surely you can see the differences between the Bible and the Quran right? In many ways, the oppose. While the Quran and Bible oppose, the OT and NT are just different sides of the same coin.

Excellent post T8!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi t8

So you expect us to believe in a prophet, a God, and a book that smites Jews and those that follow the son of God. Where do I sign up, or would it be easier to commit suicide to save them the trouble of murdering me. Come on, think about what you are really proposing. Why side with those that oppose the plan and will of God. Beware of false prophets, they come as sheep in wolves clothing. And why do the devour the sheep. Because they are ravenous wolves by nature.

You asked me to show you I showed you in the bible and you turn your eyes away from it…I have to ask do you believe in what you read in the bible and if you do how is it you do not believe what I showed you I didn’t show you something I wrote or what was in the Quran this was in the book you believe in….or maybe not. Yet you keep telling trinitarians that they have to only go by what is written and yet you go blind to what is written, how can you tell a trinitarian what not to believe when you display such a high level of blindness yourself?

Did I show you scripture that says Jews will be smited yes or no….God’s watching t8

NickHassan
    Participant

hi BD,

Self appointed punisher of the Jews.

Hater of the followers of Christ.

A curser and a divider.

And still under the delusion of righteousness.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

Do you believe in sharia law?

Proclaimer
    Participant

bodhitharta
    Participant

bodhitharta
    Participant

Notice the peaceful nature of this woman as opposed to the more bitter attitude of the woman in the video you posted

bodhitharta
    Participant

bodhitharta
    Participant

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

So those who follow your god seem to become terrified robots compelled to spend their lives entwined in rituals.

Those the Son sets free are free indeed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

False religions are all very similar.

Compare Catholicism with Islam.

Both produce writings beyond scripture that they claim to be inspired.

Both worship gods that are not the God of the bible.

Both produce leaders they claim are anointed.

Both focus on works they claim will please God.

Both keep their followers busy with rules and regulations.

Both highlight rituals as vital in relating to their gods.

Both claim superiority over other human religions.

Both encompass their followers with fear.

Both base their religions on a place on earth.

Such formulas satisfy the needs of the insecure for human direction. Both false religions are very popular still.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Those the Son sets free are free of slave to sin. Anyone that sins is still a slave to sin and therefore are not free.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Why the sin obsession?

Do you not have the sanctifying Spirit?

Jn 16.9

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Why do you ask? Do you not believe what Jesus taught?

bodhitharta
    Participant

@Nick

Hi BD,

False religions are all very similar.

Compare Catholicism with Islam.

Both produce writings beyond scripture that they claim to be inspired.

What is a writing beyond scripture there are scriptures that are not even in the bible and that decision was made by the Catholic church
    The Quran is a separate complete book sent down

Both worship gods that are not the God of the bible.

The God of the Bible is ONE GOD with no partners, this is the God of the Quran there is absolutely no difference. Catholicism just transgressed what was already known

Both produce leaders they claim are anointed.

Islam has no anointed leader….the Pope is an ongoing post of authority that changes from person to person over time…this does not exist in Islam

Both focus on works they claim will please God.

Everyone should focus on works that please God

Both keep their followers busy with rules and regulations.

No more than rational living

Both highlight rituals as vital in relating to their gods.

without knowing quite what you mean the human being is quite ritualistic and so are you, often these rituals are to keep someone in synch do you celebrate anyone’s date of birth or any anniversary or do you do anything that follows a pattern do you eat the basic same foods or eat the same times or go to bed at a certain time?

Both claim superiority over other human religions.

While I have never heard of Catholicism doing this, most definitely Islam is the ONLY religion acceptable to God in the context it meaning SUBMISSION to God, whether you be a Catholic, protestant, Jew or whatever to God if you are in Submission to Him you are a Muslim by definition or if you only prefer english you are a Submitter and acceptable to God

Both encompass their followers with fear.

Everyone should fear not doing what is right because the fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom

Both base their religions on a place on earth.

?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

No Islam is not in submission to God.

It is in rebellion against Him.

It has rejected his Son.

And their teachings do not come from Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Your path, like that of catholism, is nothing but futility.

Pious futility.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

No surprises that you find much to agree with in the cult of Catholicism.

Both your religions are of man, and based on the belief that you can save yourself.

Unaware of the Spirit your striving is futile.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi BD,

No surprises that you find much to agree with in the cult of Catholicism.

Both your religions are of man, and based on the belief that you can save yourself.

Unaware of the Spirit your striving is futile.

Catholicism is your religion you merely are an offshoot just as protestantism how is what you believe not Catholicism?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

No some of us have left the whore and been baptised into Christ and he lives in us.

You should obey him too.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,941 through 2,960 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account