Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

I’m just saying if the end of death’s reign happened with Moses or the Law then death was defeated but Jesus said this:

Matthew 19:17
    And He said unto him, “Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but One, that is, God. But if thou wilt enter into Life, keep the commandments.”

Now this is Jesus talking and yet everyone says you cannot enter into life unless Jesus was crucified hmmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hui BD,

He was sent to the chosen people.

And he taught them about the Law.

Should you become a jew?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

We might occasionally question the use of the occasional word of scripture but your work is to challenge the entire plan of God as revealed in scripture.

In so doing you make yourself greater than the word and the Spirit that wrote it.

Sheeps clothing??

bodhitharta
    Participant

Everything is right there in the scriptures we only need to work it out, look closer, seek and you shall find

Proclaimer
    Participant

1 Corinthians 15:54-57
    54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
        Where, O death, is your sting?”
    56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sin and death >  Imputation of sin > Victory over sin with grace and forgiveness

Adam > Moses > Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

You are joking are you not.

As a nonchristian you oppose the whole of the scriptures and try to draw others into your web of doubts.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Without the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ the son of God, there would be no salvation for sinful man.

Salvation does not mean we ignore the commandments though. Repentance is a key factor in obtaining and keeping salvation.

Further, Jesus lived when the Law was present. After his death, a new covenant written with his blood was enacted.

Salvation is offered to man. But not all men accept the great gift of God. Some outright reject God’s salvation, others become deceived because their hearts are not seeking truth and so they do not find it, but find something else for them to grasp onto.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi t8

Sin and death > Imputation of sin > Victory over sin with grace and forgiveness

Adam > Moses > Christ

This is more a mental construct than what the scriptures actually say because the verse Matthew 19:17
    And He said unto him, “Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but One, that is, God. But if thou wilt enter into Life, keep the commandments.

There is no imputation here, that is a direct statement by Jesus Christ, not to mention long before the cross he also said “repent for the remission of sins” If we take these verses as they are they actually mean there is no sort of death penalty that repentance itself doesn’t allow for forgiveness, there is no need for a sacrifice to take place and even after any sacrifice is made you still have to repent and ask for forgiveness and if you are sincere you will still be forgiven so any crucifixion saves absolutely anyone who was already not repentant.

So the Bible facts remain:

Matthew 9:13
    But go ye and learn what this meaneth: ‘I will have mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Now if you were standing there when Jesus said that would that sound to you like “everyone is a sinner and I must be sacrificed to save those who believe in me”?

It would sound to me as if he said “God is Merciful, some maybe righteous but I have come to preach the good news to sinners about God’s mercy and how if you ask for forgiveness and turn away from evil he will forgive you”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

So Jesus was explaining the Law to those under it.

Godfearing men do not try to tear down the scriptures of God.

Jesus was explaining to those who were deaf to his words that because they thought they were righteous they could not repent.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Nick

That is not what Jesus said so why do you change his message, he was very clear if it was they way you say he would have used the term Self-righteous but he did not and as I have said scripture already says there were righteous men:

Matthew 25:46
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal.

there he goes again saying good things about the righteous

I am telling you, you Christians don’t read your Bible and I don’t know why, you stand up for it so you should know what’s in it:

Matthew 25:34-4021st Century King James Version (KJ21)

34 Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, ‘Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I hungered, and ye gave Me meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took Me in;

36 naked, and ye clothed Me; I was sick, and ye visited Me; I was in prison, and ye came unto Me.’

37 Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when saw we Thee hungering and fed Thee, or thirsty and gave Thee drink?

38 When saw we Thee a stranger and took Thee in, or naked and clothed Thee?

39 Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee?’

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, ‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.’

You keep thinking because you claim the lord you will be saved but what you need to do is start acting righteous change your relationships into righteous one, look around you see what you can be doing to ease pain in the world, change lives and if you are not then even Jesus being Crucified means absolutely nothing. You have faith, You have belief then DO SOMETHING. Righteousness is an action. DO SOMETHING even if it’s changing your behavior, being of good cheer…etc.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

The righteous found in the final judgement are those who have shown mercy to the brothers of Jesus, not the world.

I did not expect you to understand spiritual language as you oppose the Spirit.

You will always offer works as you hope to save yourself.

bodhitharta
    Participant

If you can believe in Jesus as you say you do and do nothing to help the poor , the hungry, the naked, the depressed and lonely…etc. Then it is you that have not shown mercy to the brothers of Jesus or understood anything Jesus had to say if that is the case you are just a bag of wind…you can always do something at least give a donation to a country that need wells dug or see if their is an elderly person near you that can use your help or when you go to a store make the clerk smile as they are working hard and could use a smile or in your personal relations take more time to listen and see how you can alleviate any issues they are struggling with if you have faith you will be compelled to do something but if not:

James 2:20
    But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:26
    For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

The Spirit of God leads the brothers in ways of righteousness.

But you strive to impress God as you do not have the Son as an advocate.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Who was Noah’s advocate or Jacob’s advocate, do you not love God enough to go to him directly or perhaps your faith is weak, I understand if that is the case advocacy is definitely needed like the people in the desert they needed Moses to speak with God on their behalf, but he had a direct relationship with God is that not possible for you? Jesus said it was possible.

John 16:27
    For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

I love Jesus and believe he was sent by God, you love Jesus and believe he was sent by God but perhaps you don’t believe God loves you himself, but I do. it reminds me of the disciples how when they went out and could not heal the sick or cast out demons, sometimes people do need that extra support. God bless them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Is your faith so strong you can go your own way to the throne of Grace?

heb 12.23

“And so terrible was the sight that Moses said

‘I am full of fear and trembling’

If you feared God your life would have taken a different path.

‘The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom’

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

You love Jesus but are no longer a christian.

Is he the Christ, the Son of the living God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Having been exposed as a wolf in sheeps clothing

are you having much success in your mission to undermine the gospel of God?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

So being due to inherit is the same as ownership?

Hi Nick,

God will never die so he will always be “THE OWNER”
    and because Jesus is God’s son that makes him “owner”.

The LORD (The Owner) JEHOVAH
    Lord (owner) Jesus

Rub your eyes, the fog may clear,
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

(1)and once again did Jesus sin?

(2)Paul wrote this letter is there some reason he didn’t say “except Jesus”?

Hi BD,

1) Jesus in the bible says no.
    “Which of you convinceth me of sin?” (John 8:46)
    “the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.” (John 8:35)

2) He didn’t have to say it in Romans, it is written elsewhere.
    “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God
    keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Yes, Jesus is The Christ, a spirit that proceeded from God a Word from the Living God. He is “CALLED” the Son Of GOD and he is of those nearest to Allah he has the power of intercession and his followers will be above the Nonbelievers until the day of resurrection Judgement.

But make no mistake:

Lo! the likeness of jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is.

( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #59)

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account