Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,481 through 2,500 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

Hi Bod,

Exodus 3:15

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

This is what Allah is called also in the Quran also

Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: “What will ye worship after me?” they said: “We shall worship Thy god and the god of thy fathers, of Abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) Allah: To Him we bow (in Islam).”

But what does Jesus say:

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Notice the usage of the Name Jehovah is not used in the NT and Jews then selves only refer to it as Hashem or the name….

Please get a more Accurate version of scriptures (i.e: The JB!)

In an attempt to try to prove that the Bible agrees with the Quran regarding the 'titles' of LORD God and Allah, you posted this verse:

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

This is the correct version:

Exodus  3:15
    God said moreover to Moses, “You shall tell the children of Israel this: 'Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, and this is my memorial to all generations.”

Versions of the Bible (such as the KJV) took out the name, and replaced it with LORD God.

But, read this:

Jeremiah 23:26

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies, even the prophets of the deceit of their own heart?  who think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot my name for Baal.

“Baal” translated into English means “Lord”.

God's NAME was REPLACED with “LORD”.

If we were NOT supposed to use God's name – then why were we told it in the beginning?

APPARENTLY, the early Church used God's name – and wrote it as “Iao”. This was also found in the dead sea scrolls.

Quote from Wikipedia:

A Greek fragment of Leviticus (26:2-16) discovered in the Dead Sea scrolls (Qumran) has ιαω (“Iao”), the Greek form of the Hebrew trigrammaton YHW.

The historian John the Lydian (6th century) wrote: “The Roman Varo [116–27 BCE] defining him [that is the Jewish god] says that he is called Iao in the Chaldean mysteries”. (De Mensibus IV 53) Van Cooten mentions that Iao is one of the “specifically Jewish designations for God” and “the Aramaic papyri from the Jews at Elephantine show that 'Iao' is an original Jewish term”.

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia (1910) and B.D. Eerdmans:

Diodorus Siculus (1st century BCE) writes Ἰαῶ (Iao);

Clement of Alexandria (d. c. 215) writes Ἰαοὺ (Iaou)—see also below;

Origen of Alexandria (d. c. 254), Ἰαώ (Iao);

Porphyry (d. c. 305) according to Eusebius (died 339), Ἰευώ (Ieuo).

The New Jerusalem Bible (1966) uses “Yahweh” exclusively.

The World English Bible (WEB) [a Public Domain work with no copyright] uses “Yahweh” some 6837 times.

Rotherham's Emphasized Bible retains “Yahweh” throughout the Old Testament.

The Anchor Bible retains “Yahweh” throughout the Old Testament.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton

So: The verse that you used does not mean what you tried to use it for!

Allah is not a name either.
    It is a title.
    Agree?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 31 2013,21:50)
    The entire mission of Jesus was to Glorify God on earth so what you are saying is disrespectful to God Almighty.

John 17:4
    I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

You keep making the one sent equal or even greater then the SENDER. I really can't comprehend why you choose to worship someone other than God.

Remember this “Father TAKE THIS CUP FROM ME” That was the will of the one who was sent.

Just be HONEST

Hi BD,

Yes let's be honest! Is it not recorded that Jesus also said:
    “O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me,
     except I drink it, thy will be done.” (Matt 26:42)

And:
    “Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour:
     but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a
     voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.” (John 12:27-28)

Ed (witness)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ July 31 2013,22:16)
    Boditharta.

We worship God by following his instructions.
    Worshipping God by having his only begotten Son
    as our food. (spiritually).He is the bread of Life.

We can not make up our own doctrine; but the doctrine given to us by God. No scriptures will contradict that.

wakeup.

Revelation 19:10
    And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

ALL the spiritual food Jesu gives you is solely fo thpurpose of Worshiping God ALONE without partners

“The Lord God is ONE LORD”

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 31 2013,22:54)
    Hi Bod,

Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: “What will ye worship after me?” they said: “We shall worship Thy god and the god of thy fathers, of Abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) Allah: To Him we bow (in Islam).”

But what does Jesus say:

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Notice the usage of the Name Jehovah is not used in the NT and Jews then selves only refer to it as Hashem or the name….

In an attempt to try to prove that the Bible agrees with the Quran regarding the 'titles' of LORD God and Allah, you posted this verse:

God said moreover to Moses, “You shall tell the children of Israel this: 'Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, and this is my memorial to all generations.”

Versions of the Bible (such as the KJV) took out the name, and replaced it with LORD God.

But, read this:

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies, even the prophets of the deceit of their own heart?  who think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot my name for Baal.

If we were NOT supposed to use God's name – then why were we told it in the beginning?

APPARENTLY, the early Church used God's name – and wrote it as “Iao”. This was also found in the dead sea scrolls.

Quote from Wikipedia:

A Greek fragment of Leviticus (26:2-16) discovered in the Dead Sea scrolls (Qumran) has ιαω (“Iao”), the Greek form of the Hebrew trigrammaton YHW.

The historian John the Lydian (6th century) wrote: “The Roman Varo [116–27 BCE] defining him [that is the Jewish god] says that he is called Iao in the Chaldean mysteries”. (De Mensibus IV 53) Van Cooten mentions that Iao is one of the “specifically Jewish designations for God” and “the Aramaic papyri from the Jews at Elephantine show that 'Iao' is an original Jewish term”.

The World English Bible (WEB) [a Public Domain work with no copyright] uses “Yahweh” some 6837 times.

It is a title.
    Agree?

I wasn't using the word “Lord” to make apoint I was using th phrase “The God of” which your Bible preference also used plus the Bible staes:

Exodus 6:3
    and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD (YHWH) I was not known to them.

So my point still stands: The religion of Abraham is PURE

They say: “Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation).” Say thou: “Nay! (I would rather) the religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah.”

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #135)

Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend.

( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #125)

So Abraham and many others would have never even used a word they had never heard. This means that YHWH was not what was being expressed to Moses but “The God of” was the actual phrase that they would recognize.

(That was just a revelation from GOD)

Matthew 22:32
    I AM the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Now pay attention:

Luke 20:37
    Now that the dead are raised, even Moses showed this at the bush when he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.

Do you think that should say “when he calls the Yahweh the God of Abraham”?

and again:

Acts 3:13
    The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his Son Jesus, whom ye delivered up and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he had judged to let him go.

This is consistent throughout the entire Bible

ALLAH is a Name and TITLE it is unique not being created, what God is, is Who God IS or what YHWH i.e. “he causes to be” the only one worthy of that NAME and TITLE is “THE GOD” i.e. ALLAH

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 01 2013,13:58)

Quote (Wakeup @ July 31 2013,22:16)
    Boditharta.

We worship God by following his instructions.
    Worshipping God by having his only begotten Son
    as our food. (spiritually).He is the bread of Life.

We can not make up our own doctrine; but the doctrine given to us by God. No scriptures will contradict that.

wakeup.

Revelation 19:10
    And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

ALL the spiritual food Jesu gives you is solely fo thpurpose of Worshiping God ALONE without partners

“The Lord God is ONE LORD”

Boditharta.

You seem to refuse to see; quoting scriptures to support
    your doctrine.But infact it does not.We all must worship God by his rules. And his rules are that no one can come to God, but by his beloveth Son.

If you dont follow the rules;you will end up worshipping another god.

God has put his Son between himself and us.
    **This is Gods will**,if we choose to worship him.
    His son is the *MEDIATOR* FOR MANY HAVE SEEN THE SON,BUT HAVE NOT SEEN GOD.

GODS WILLL WE MUST OBEY AND DONT GO ROGUE.
    ESTABLISHING OUR OWN WAY.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

BD said:

ALLAH is a Name

What that Arabic word means is “The LAH”

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 01 2013,18:52)
    BD said:

ALLAH is a Name

What that Arabic word means is “The LAH”

EDJ.

It does not matter what a certain tongue called God.
    Allah or what ever; but we can know which God they worship by the book they seek.

In the case of allah;the muslems dont go solely by the Holy bible,but by the qur'an.
    Therefore we know that allah is not Jehovah,or the God of Jesus christ. this is the reason they could not, and will not, accept Gods sacrifice.

For this is the whole purpose; put on lambs clothing but inside is a rave wolf.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 01 2013,19:49)
    we know that allah is not Jehovah

Too bad BD hasn't realized this yet!

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 01 2013,20:49)

EdJ.

Muslems that have been brought up to be from birth,
    have been deceived but dont know it.
    This is how those muslems will also be taught by the jews
    in the 1000yr period.

But muslems that have been given the chance to find the truth, and still refuse to accept; they will be judged for rejecting the truth for lies.

They can see, and therefore quilty.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 01 2013,18:16)

Boditharta.

your doctrine.But infact it does not.We all must worship God by his rules. And his rules are that no one can come to God, but by his beloveth Son.

So do the Jews worship another God?

You still haven't explained why Jesus said that the Jews KNOW what they worship and Salvation is of the Jew

Who was the mediator Between Abraham and God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Allah is who you call Jehovah but Abraham did not know the name Jehovah or any translation of YHVH/YHWH Abraham knew God as “GOD ALMIGHTY”

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 01 2013,21:05)

EdJ.

in the 1000yr period.

But muslems that have been given the chance to find the truth, and still refuse to accept; they will be judged for rejecting the truth for lies.

wakeup.

What would the Muslims teach the Jews?

They already believe what the Jews believe except they also believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah so wouldn't the Muslims be teaching the Jews? And the Christians don't know what to believe and believe Christ Jesus was crucified for their sins something Jews and Muslims both agree isn't the way of God so they both will have to teach the Christians that there is no trinity and you and you alone are responsible for your sins and must repent and depend on the Most Gracious and Most Merciful to bestow HIS grace on you.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 01 2013,16:26)

Quote (2besee @ July 31 2013,22:54)
    Hi Bod,

But what does Jesus say:

But, read this:

Quote from Wikipedia:

It is a title.
    Agree?

I wasn't using the word “Lord” to make apoint I was using th phrase “The God of” which your Bible preference also used plus the Bible staes:

and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD (YHWH) I was not known to them.

So my point still stands: The religion of Abraham is PURE

They say: “Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation).” Say thou: “Nay! (I would rather) the religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah.”

(  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #135)

Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend.

(  سورة النساء  , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #125)

So Abraham and many others would have never even used a word they had never heard. This means that YHWH was not what was being expressed to Moses but “The God of” was the actual phrase that they would recognize.

(That was just a revelation from GOD)

Matthew 22:32
    I AM the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Now pay attention:

Luke 20:37
    Now that the dead are raised, even Moses showed this at the bush when he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.

Do you think that should say “when he calls the Yahweh the God of Abraham”?

and again:

Acts 3:13
    The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his Son Jesus, whom ye delivered up and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he had judged to let him go.

This is consistent throughout the entire Bible

ALLAH is a Name and  TITLE it is unique not being created, what God is, is Who God IS or what YHWH i.e. “he causes to be” the only one worthy of that NAME and TITLE  is “THE GOD” i.e. ALLAH

Bod
    But there is no title of “Father” in the 99 names of Allah.

Jesus told us to pray, “Our Father”.

Allah does not mean Father.

“Allah” means God.

How do you identify Which God “Allah” is, considering that the Quran contradicts the Scriptures?

(Sorry. I'm having difficulty following this conversation on my phone. There are so many quotes and posts!)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 02 2013,14:56)

Bod
    But there is no title of “Father” in the 99 names of Allah.

Jesus told us to pray, “Our Father”.

Allah does not mean Father.

“Allah” means God.

Allah is al-Muhaymin – (the Guardian) This is more Clear than the word Father because God is not a male.

How do you identify Which God “Allah” is, considering that the Quran contradicts the Scriptures?

There are no other gods. There is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD. Thereis no god but GOD.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 02 2013,12:52)

Wakeup,Aug. wrote:

[/quote]

Boditharta.

So do the Jews worship another God?

You still haven't explained why Jesus said that the Jews KNOW what they worship and Salvation is of the Jew

Who was the mediator Between Abraham and God?

Boditharta.

The jews worshipped the true God creator.
    Not as the gentiles; they worship many confusing gods.
    But the jews went astray; to worship the gods of the gentiles.

There was an old covenant; and there is a new covenant.
    The old covenant jews can pray to God,or ask the livi priest to pray.

In the new covenant we have been given new rules.(by God).
    Jesus is put mediator between God and man.

The **old door** to God is closed;and a **new door** opend.
    And that door is Christ.

God sends his angels to comunicate with Abraham.

No man has heard Gods voice;or seen his shape.

You are trying hard to dig out scriptures;to justify your believe. God can see inside the heart;you are doing it for the love of your religion;not for God.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 02 2013,13:00)

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 01 2013,21:05)

EdJ.

in the 1000yr period.

wakeup.

What would the Muslims teach the Jews?

They already believe what the Jews believe except they also believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah so wouldn't the Muslims be teaching the Jews? And the Christians don't know what to believe and believe Christ Jesus was crucified for their sins something Jews and Muslims both agree isn't the way of God so they both will have to teach the Christians that there is no trinity and you and you alone are responsible for your sins and must repent and depend on the Most Gracious and Most Merciful to bestow HIS grace on you.

Boditharta.

No; I did not say muslems teaching the jews;but in the 1000yr reign; jews will teach muslems,and also other religions.

To discus the christians is to discus religion.And religion means confusion.
    Lets just discus God and his word.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 02 2013,16:15)
    Boditharta.

And that door is Christ.

You are trying hard to dig out scriptures;to justify your believe. God can see inside the heart;you are doing it for the love of your religion;not for God.

wakeup.

Did not God call Abraham His friend?

Who do Jews worship today? What Go do they worship?

So when God showed Moses a part of himself who was the mediator?

Exodus 33:11
    And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Genesis 32:30
    And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Deuteronomy 34:10
    And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 02 2013,16:27)

Boditharta.

And that door is Christ.

wakeup.

And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

Boditharta.

1. God also called king Neb his friend.
    So what is the propblem?
    Can not God call anyone as he pleases?

2. The jews today worship mamon.
    They worship God and also rejecting his son.
    Their lips mentions God; but their hearts do the opposite.

3. Moses saw God face to face;but did not see Gods face,only his back parts.

4. No one can see Gods face and live.

BTW: The voice moses hear was the word of God;and also who Adam and Eve hears was the word of God.
    Here is the mystery; that word proceeded out of God.
    John 16:27.—-that **I came out** from God.
    28. I came forth from the father,——

17:8. —-I came out from thee—-

Gods word; he brought forth out of him self;and by him all things are made.

That same word was made flesh. Gods word made flesh.
    The same word that spoke to Adam and Moses, and the prophets.

The depth of his mystery can only be reavealed to them that seek God in truth;for no man knows the son and the Father,but only to him whom the son will reveal it to.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 02 2013,17:25)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 02 2013,16:27)

Boditharta.

And that door is Christ.

wakeup.

Boditharta.

1. God also called king Neb his friend.
    So what is the propblem?
    Can not God call anyone as he pleases?

2. The jews today worship mamon.
    They worship God and also rejecting his son.
    Their lips mentions God; but their hearts do the opposite.

3. Moses saw God face to face;but did not see Gods face,only his back parts.

4. No one can see Gods face and live.

BTW: The voice moses hear was the word of God;and also who Adam and Eve hears was the word of God.
    Here is the mystery; that word proceeded out of God.
    John 16:27.—-that **I came out** from God.
    28. I came forth from the father,——

17:8. —-I came out from thee—-

Gods word; he brought forth out of him self;and by him all things are made.

That same word was made flesh. Gods word made flesh.
    The same word that spoke to Adam and Moses, and the prophets.

The depth of his mystery can only be reavealed to them that seek God in truth;for no man knows the son and the Father,but only to him whom the son will reveal it to.

wakeup.

So according to your logic when Jesus was here in the flesh God had no word?

No Jesus was a WORD from GOD literally sent out from God
    and yet God still spoke and acted without Jesus being present.

When Jesus was dead for 3 days *according to thescriptures*
    Was the word of God dead?

Ed J
    Participant

BD said:

Allah is who you call Jehovah

No shot!   Go try and tell the muslims that their god
    is the God of the Christians and Jews and see how far you'll get.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,481 through 2,500 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account