Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,461 through 2,480 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 17 2013,12:23)

Quote (Ed J @ July 17 2013,11:54)

Do you, as a muslim, consider the quran to be a miracle, or no?         (<– please answer)

Ed (witness)

Yes, it is a Miracle.

And deceiveth them(like BD) that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles
    which he(Muhammad) had power to do in the sight of the beast” (Rev. 13:13-14)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 27 2013,16:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 18 2013,14:35)

Quote (Ed J @ July 18 2013,14:19)
    Hi BD,

There were people trying to pervert it then, but the false prophet Muhammad perverted
    the Gospel of Christ so much he gets special mention in the book of Revelation.  (see Rev.19:20-21)

“And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him,
     with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that wor-
     shipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.” (Rev 19:20)

The beast – is world conquest
    the mark of the beast – is islam
    the false prophet – is Muhammad
    and his god al-Lah – is satan himself.

The lake of fire – is the fire of YHVH's presence.
    (see Hebrews 12:29 and Revelation 14:9-14)

Ed (witness)

So when is it that people who were not Muslim not able to buy or sell?

Hi BD,

They are not allowed to sell or buy Christian books in muslim countries.

Ed (witness)

FALSE:

there's many book store in Indonesia specialized in selling Christian books Like Maranatha Or Kidung Jemaat, many of them can be found in large store like Taman Anggrek Mall or, Plasa Senayan if you live in Jakarta. And many of them can be found in english.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006021713621

By the way INDONESIA has th LARGEST Muslim Population.

If you are going to be honest you should admit you failed this test.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 27 2013,16:57)
    Hi BD,

The quranic Prophecy
                                    (also see last Post)
    “And he(the false prophet Muhammad) doeth great wonders, so that he
     maketh fire(the quran) come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men
     And deceiveth them(muslims) that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles
     which he(Muhammad) had power to do in the sight of the beast (Rev. 17:11);” (Rev. 13:13-14)

Ed (witness)

Inserting words does not makethem true or applicable. Als who was the beast in your assesment?

It seem here you are also considering the Quran a Miracle. Praise God!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 28 2013,13:05)
    It seem here you are also considering the Quran a Miracle. Praise God!

Hi BD,

Look again at the post at the top of this page.

Ed (witness)

2besee
    Participant

Bod,
    Please tell me what you make of these verses:

John

10:1 “Most certainly, I tell you, one who doesn't enter by the door into the sheep fold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.  

10:3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out.

10:4 Whenever he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

10:5 They will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him; for they don't know the voice of strangers.”  

10:6 Jesus spoke this parable to them, but they didn't understand what he was telling them.  

10:7 Jesus therefore said to them again, “Most certainly, I tell you, I am the sheep's door.

10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture.  

10:10 The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.  

10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.  

10:12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who doesn't own the sheep, sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep, and flees. The wolf snatches the sheep, and scatters them.

2besee
    Participant

Hi Bod, I know I have asked you that question before…. But I lost where it was and where we were up to.

Bod,
    Just as a home has many doors to many places,
    We all have to decide which door we will go through regarding belief and faith.
    Two doors were opened to you.
    One is easy and one is hard.

Which one is which?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 28 2013,19:35)
    Bod,
    Please tell me what you make of these verses:

John

10:1 “Most certainly, I tell you, one who doesn't enter by the door into the sheep fold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.  

10:3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out.

10:4 Whenever he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

10:5 They will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him; for they don't know the voice of strangers.”  

10:6 Jesus spoke this parable to them, but they didn't understand what he was telling them.  

10:7 Jesus therefore said to them again, “Most certainly, I tell you, I am the sheep's door.

10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture.  

10:10 The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.  

10:11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.  

10:12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who doesn't own the sheep, sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep, and flees. The wolf snatches the sheep, and scatters them.

This sounds very clear to me that Jesus was speaking against
    thos high priests and authorities that were leading the people…I.E. “Hired Hands”

Jesus was telling th disciples that the understood who he was and that is why all the people were attracted to him and listened to his voice, everywhere he spoke people gathered around him he was extremely popular and not despised of the people except those who were in authority positions.

He saw th wolf coming but di not leave the sheep but the sheep scattered and forsook their shepard.

This verse is not about Jesus being the only door or only shepard t is simply showing the level of commitmet he shows

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 28 2013,20:45)
    Hi Bod, I know I have asked you that question before…. But I lost where it was and where we were up to.

Bod,

Which one is which?

The doors are the same you have to believe in ALL the messengers of God. You cannot accept Jesus without accepting Moses if you reject Moses you reject Jesus ike wise if I reject Muhammad it would be rejecting Jesus I accept Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Abraham, Lot, Jonah…etc

When Jonah went to Nineveh who do you think they heard the word of God through? This is the meaning of “door”

2besee
    Participant

Hi Bod,
    You say that there are other ways to God; that many doors open to God today. So you are saying that Mohammad plus Hindu gods plus Buddha even sun worship, people worship etc, they are all ways to God?

Read closely and believe Bod.

Acts 4:12 There is salvation in none other, for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, by which we must be saved!”

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

One mediator.
    How many?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2013,11:37)

Bod,

Which one is which?

The doors are the same you have to believe in ALL the messengers of God. You cannot accept Jesus without accepting Moses if you reject Moses you reject Jesus ike wise if I reject Muhammad it would be rejecting Jesus I accept Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Abraham, Lot, Jonah…etc

When Jonah went to Nineveh who do you think they heard the word of God through? This is the meaning of “door”

Hi BD,

If you were a follower of “GOD” – you would reject the false prophet Muhammad's teachings,
    and instead exalt Jesus Christ as your Lord. The false prophet's teachings are from satan. (Link)

Ed (witness)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 29 2013,17:39)
    Hi Bod,
    You say that there are other ways to God; that many doors open to God today. So you are saying that Mohammad plus Hindu gods plus Buddha even sun worship, people worship etc, they are all ways to God?

Read closely and believe Bod.

Acts  4:12 There is salvation in none other, for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, by which we must be saved!”

1 Timothy  2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

One mediator.
    How many?

Proverbs 8:17
    I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Jeremiah 29:13
    And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

A far as Acts 4:12 it is correct but this i regarding “Under heaven” But we Worship God Almighty whom in Acts 4:24

24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

This is the difference when it comes to God Almighty:

Regarding 1 Timothy 2:5

John 16:25-27

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

The question is this: Are you seperated from God or areyou reconciled to God?

Muslims believe that God loves you because we Love Jesus and believe he came out from God

You do not believe that God loves you and that you can talk to him directly?

Jesus told his disciples to ask in his name because of their unbelief

Matthew 17:16-20

16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. 17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. 18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. 19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

So through Faith we believe in and communicate with GOD
    an through your faith you communicate with GOD through Jesus

Tell me which is the greater?

Psalm 73:28
    But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

James 4:8
    Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 29 2013,20:43)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2013,11:37)

Bod,

Which one is which?

Hi BD,

If you were a follower of “GOD” – you would reject the false prophet Muhammad's teachings,
    and instead exalt Jesus Christ as your Lord. The false prophet's teachings are from satan. (Link)

Ed (witness)

So ED

Which is your Lord?

God or Christ Jesus?

Nor would he order you to take angels and Prophets for lords (gods) . Would he order you to disbelieve after you have submitted to Allah's Will? (Tafsir At-Tabari).

They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah (by obeying them in things which they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allah), and (they also took as their Lord) Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), while they (Jews and Christians) were commanded [in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] to worship none but One Ilah (God – Allah) La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) . Praise and glory be to Him (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).”

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2013,13:37)
    So ED

Which is your Lord?

God or Christ Jesus?

Hi BD,

First:  [יהוה] YÄ-hä-vā translates directly into English as YHVH. (AKJV Bible: JEHOVAH)
    Secondly:  [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă translates directly into English as Joshua. (AKJV Bible: Jesus)

[אדני]  Âdônây in Hebrew means: “Lord” or “Owner” and is akin to
    [Κύριος]  kü-rē-ŏs in Greek meaning “The Same”: “Lord” or “Owner”

“YOU” CANNOT argue with this “Bible Truth”! (LORD: means Owner)
    I will orchestrate my explanation around the term “Owner”.
    The AKJV Bible uses: Lord for [יהשוע] & LORD for [יהוה].

The Same issue: A Closer Examination

Technically Jesus is: “owner” but NOT “THE OWNER”!
    Lord is more easily understood using the word “Owner”!

Jehovah is: “The Owner”, and Jesus is: The Son of “The Owner”.
    Jehovah CANNOT DIE, so Jehovah will ALWAYS remain “The Owner”!
    A Son can 'only' become become fully “The Owner” if the Parent dies,
    which in JEHOVAH's case cannot happen; because GOD CANNOT DIE!

Ed

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 30 2013,14:17)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2013,13:37)
    So ED

Which is your Lord?

God or Christ Jesus?

Hi BD,

First:  [יהוה] YÄ-hä-vā translates directly into English as YHVH. (AKJV Bible: JEHOVAH)
    Secondly:  [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă translates directly into English as Joshua. (AKJV Bible: Jesus)

[אדני]  Âdônây in Hebrew means: “Lord” or “Owner” and is akin to
    [Κύριος]  kü-rē-ŏs in Greek meaning “The Same”: “Lord” or “Owner”

“YOU” CANNOT argue with this “Bible Truth”! (LORD: means Owner)
    I will orchestrate my explanation around the term “Owner”.
    The AKJV Bible uses: Lord for [יהשוע] & LORD for [יהוה].

The Same issue: A Closer Examination

Technically Jesus is: “owner” but NOT “THE OWNER”!
    Lord is more easily understood using the word “Owner”!

Jehovah is: “The Owner”, and Jesus is: The Son of “The Owner”.
    Jehovah CANNOT DIE, so Jehovah will ALWAYS remain “The Owner”!
    A Son can 'only' become become fully “The Owner” if the Parent dies,
    which in JEHOVAH's case cannot happen; because GOD CANNOT DIE!

Ed

Agreed :)

2besee
    Participant

Bod, That is good what you wrote, and yes I go to the Father.
    As you pointed out, scripture says that there is no other name Under Heaven.
    That name is Yahshua.
    But what is the Fathers name, Bod?
    In my scriptures it is Yahweh.
    Yahweh – Yahshua. (Yah saves, through Yahshua).
    Is God your Father? Is God called the Father in Islam (No, right?)
    Is God called Yah, or Yahweh in Islam? (Again – no?)
    What about Yahshua? (God's name was in him).

And regarding your post about prayer: Don't Muslims pray by clockwork, routinely? Are Muslims encouraged to just approach God in prayer whenever? (just wondering).
    Are you a child of God?
    Is there such thing in Islam?

More to say but later.

2besee
    Participant

Ed,
    Some good points in your post!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 30 2013,19:31)
    That name is Yahshua.

And regarding your post about prayer: Don't Muslims pray by clockwork, routinely? Are Muslims encouraged to just approach God in prayer whenever? (just wondering).
    Are you a child of God?

More to say but later.

All very good questions:

In your scriptures the name YHVH/YHWH was given to Moses but that was not th name Abraham knew God by:

Exodus 6:3
    and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exodus 3:15

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

This is what Allah is called also in the Quran also

Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: “What will ye worship after me?” they said: “We shall worship Thy god and the god of thy fathers, of Abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) Allah: To Him we bow (in Islam).”

But what does Jesus say:

Matthew 6:9
    After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Notice the usage of the Name Jehovah is not used in the NT and Jews then selves only refer to it as Hashem or the name

Now regarding Godbeing called “Father” God is much greater than a Father but the same intent is much clearer in Islam as God is called:

O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;

O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.

guard·i·an (gärd-n)
    n.
    1. One that guards, watches over, or protects.

fa·ther

noun
    1. a male parent

Which is more relevent to God? See how the Quran makes things clear?

God is not a male or female God is a Spirit. Guardian is what GOD is and does.

You can approach God at anytim in Islam the more the better but estabishing daily prayer is th act of a believer Jesus constantly instructed everyon to Pray.

As referring to “child of God” as I said Go is our Guardian Lord
    HE Owns our very souls and spirits and he placed us on earth to be a vicegerant -noun 1. an officer appointed as deputy by and to a sovereign or supreme chief. or a Viceroy noun 1. a person appointed to rule a country or province as the deputy of the sovereign

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: “I will create a vicegerent on earth.” They said: “Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?” He said: “I know what ye know not.”

O David! We did indeed make thee a vicegerent on earth: so judge thou between men in truth (and justice): Nor follow thou the lusts (of thy heart), for they will mislead thee from the Path of Allah: for those who wander astray from the Path of Allah, is a Penalty Grievous, for that they forget the Day of Account.

( سورة ص , Sad, Chapter #38, Verse #26)

This world was given to us as a TRUST

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 31 2013,07:03)

That name is Yahshua.

Are you a child of God?

More to say but later.

All very good questions:

In your scriptures the name YHVH/YHWH was given to Moses but that was not th name Abraham knew God by:

and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: “What will ye worship after me?” they said: “We shall worship Thy god and the god of thy fathers, of Abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) Allah: To Him we bow (in Islam).”

But what does Jesus say:

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Notice the usage of the Name Jehovah is not used in the NT and Jews then selves only refer to it as Hashem or the name

Now regarding Godbeing called “Father” God is much greater than a Father but the same intent is much clearer in Islam as God is called:

O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;

O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.

guard·i·an  (gärd-n)
    n.

fa·ther

noun
    1. a male parent

You can approach God at anytim in Islam the more the better but estabishing daily prayer is th act of a believer Jesus constantly instructed everyon to Pray.

HE Owns our very souls and spirits and he placed us on earth to be a vicegerant -noun 1. an officer appointed as deputy by and to a sovereign or supreme chief. or a Viceroy noun 1. a person appointed to rule a country or province as the deputy of the sovereign

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: “I will create a vicegerent on earth.” They said: “Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?” He said: “I know what ye know not.”

O David! We did indeed make thee a vicegerent on earth: so judge thou between men in truth (and justice): Nor follow thou the lusts (of thy heart), for they will mislead thee from the Path of Allah: for those who wander astray from the Path of Allah, is a Penalty Grievous, for that they forget the Day of Account.

(  سورة ص  , Sad, Chapter #38, Verse #26)

Boditharta.

Worshipping God by not following his instructions,but mens instructions, will not be accepted.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is *HE* which cometh *DOWN FROM HEAVEN*, and *GIVETH LIFE* *UNTO THE WORLD*. This includes every one that follow his instructions.

John 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore *GIVE US THAT BREAD*.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, **I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE**: *HE THAT COMETH TO ME* shall never hunger; and HE THAT BELIEVETH **ON ME** shall never thirst.

JEUS SAID *ON ME* NOT ON HIS FATER.
    HE WHO COMES TO JESUS, IS FOLLOWING GODS INSTRUCTIONS,THEREFORE ACCEPTED.

HE WHO FOLLOWS HIS OWN WAY; WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.FOR HE IS IGNORING GODS TEACHINGS.
    THOSE ARE THEY THAT SPEAK GREAT WORDS,BUT; *AGAINST* GOD.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ July 31 2013,19:35)

That name is Yahshua.

Are you a child of God?

More to say but later.

All very good questions:

But what does Jesus say:

guard·i·an  (gärd-n)
    n.

fa·ther

noun
    1. a male parent

Boditharta.

Worshipping God by not following his instructions,but mens instructions, will not be accepted.

John 6:33   For the bread of God is *HE* which cometh *DOWN FROM HEAVEN*, and *GIVETH LIFE* *UNTO THE WORLD*. This includes every one that follow his instructions.  

John 6:34   Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore *GIVE US THAT BREAD*.

John 6:35   And Jesus said unto them, **I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE**: *HE THAT COMETH TO ME* shall never hunger; and HE THAT BELIEVETH **ON ME** shall never thirst.

HE WHO FOLLOWS HIS OWN WAY; WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.FOR HE IS IGNORING GODS TEACHINGS.

wakeup.

The entire mission of Jesus was to Glorify God on earth so what you are saying is disrespectful to God Almighty.

John 17:4
    I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

You keep making the one sent equal or even greater then the SENDER. I really can't comprehend why you choose to worship someone other than God.

Remember this “Father TAKE THIS CUP FROM ME” That was the will of the one who was sent.

Just be HONEST

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 31 2013,21:50)

Quote (Wakeup @ July 31 2013,19:35)

That name is Yahshua.

Are you a child of God?

More to say but later.

All very good questions:

But what does Jesus say:

guard·i·an  (gärd-n)
    n.

fa·ther

noun
    1. a male parent

Boditharta.

John 6:33   For the bread of God is *HE* which cometh *DOWN FROM HEAVEN*, and *GIVETH LIFE* *UNTO THE WORLD*. This includes every one that follow his instructions.  

John 6:34   Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore *GIVE US THAT BREAD*.

John 6:35   And Jesus said unto them, **I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE**: *HE THAT COMETH TO ME* shall never hunger; and HE THAT BELIEVETH **ON ME** shall never thirst.

wakeup.

The entire mission of Jesus was to Glorify God on earth so what you are saying is disrespectful to God Almighty.

John 17:4
    I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

You keep making the one sent equal or even greater then the SENDER. I really can't comprehend why you choose to worship someone other than God.

Remember this “Father TAKE THIS CUP FROM ME” That was the will of the one who was sent.

Just be HONEST

Boditharta.

We worship God by following his instructions.
    Worshipping God by having his only begotten Son
    as our food. (spiritually).He is the bread of Life.

We can not make up our own doctrine; but the doctrine given to us by God. No scriptures will contradict that.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,461 through 2,480 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account