Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,12:26)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,11:20)

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,11:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,10:30)

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,09:36)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,06:45)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2009,18:46)
    Hi BD,
    Did you think it was possible in your own strength?
    Not by might nor by power by by My Spirit.[Zech]

Yes, with the Spirit of God.

Hi BD:

This is what the Apostle Paul stated:

1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.

The only way that you can have the Holy Spirit dwelling within is to have had your sins washed away by the blood of the lamb of God.

God loves you and has provided the means that you can be reconciled to Him and that is through His Son and His Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

What you have said is complete untrue and I will show you and then it is up to you.

Psalm 51:10-12 (King James Version)

10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

This is way before Jesus

Isaiah 63:10-12 (King James Version)

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Notice that in this scripture not only does Moses have The Holy Spirit within him he also is called the shepherd.

Luke 11:12-14 (King James Version)

12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

That is direct testimony of Jesus whom some here think little of but I believe in the testimony of Jesus Christ he said that you get the Holy Spirit from your heavenly Father simply by asking. Is Jesus telling the truth?

Luke 2:26-28 (King James Version)

26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

How is it that this person was full of the Holy Spirit when Jesus was yet a child.

Marty,

The Holy Spirit of God is always here and always willing just ask the Father.

Hi BD:

No, what I shared with you is the truth.  In the OT the prophets were anointed with the Holy Spirit, and if you read about John the Baptist, the scripture states that he was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb.  These all had the Holy Spirit as God  by His Spirit spoke to humanity through them.  But none of these had been born again because the sacrifice for their sins had not yet been offered, but they will raised from the dead when Jesus comes for the church because his blood has washed away their sins.

Listen to what David says in the following scripture and what the Apostle Peter says regarding this:

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:  

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:  

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.  

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:  

Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:  

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.  

Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.  

Act 2:29 Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.  

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;  

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.  

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.  

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.  

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,  

Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.  

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.  

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?  

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Jesus talked about being born again while he was yet alive so you are incorrect he did not say you must be born again after I die, did he?

Being born again has to do with repenting of Sin and devoting one's life to God.

Hi BD:

If someone dies prior to being born again, they will die in their sins, and so, yes, Jesus spoke of being born again in this life not after you die.

Being born again, means that one has died unto sin and has been raised again from the dead (spiritual separation from God) by the Holy Spirit of God.

Jesus was the first to be born again from the dead (spiritual separation from God), but his death was literal in that he overcame sin by obeying God even unto death on the cross.
    It was because he did not sin that God declared him not guilty and raised him again from the dead.

We who have been born again in the body of Christ, do not die physically like Jesus did when we are born again.  We have believed that God has provided the sacrifice that washes away our sins and have come to Him with a repentant heart through the provision He has made in His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.  When we are baptized it is symbolic of our union with Jesus in his death burial and resurrection.  We have died unto sin and have been raised to the newness of life by the Holy Spirit of God.

We then overcome sin as members of the body of Christ as we learn to apply the Word of God in our daily lives, but since we make mistakes, without the blood of Jesus to wash away our sins when we make these mistakes, we could not be saved.  

Although we have been born again, our physical body continues to detiorate, depending of how well we take care of it, and we will either die a physical death or we will be alive when Jesus comes for the church.  At time, those who have died a physical death as Christians will be caught up to meet Jesus in the air in a spiritual body.  Those Christians who are alive at the coming of our Lord for the church will be translated to recieve our spiritual body and also be caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So you admit that you still sin and still repent from your sin, right?

If you are alreaduy saved why do you continue to ask for forgiveness of sin?

If you stop praying to God and continue to sin will you be saved because you believe in Jesus?

bodhitharta
    Participant

(1) The jews say: “The Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say: “The jews have naught (To stand) upon.” Yet they (Profess to) study the (same) Book. Like unto their word is what those say who know not; but Allah will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgment.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #113)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,13:03)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,12:37)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.

The only way that you can have the Holy Spirit dwelling within is to have had your sins washed away by the blood of the lamb of God.

God loves you and has provided the means that you can be reconciled to Him and that is through His Son and His Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

What you have said is complete untrue and I will show you and then it is up to you.

This is way before Jesus

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Notice that in this scripture not only does Moses have The Holy Spirit within him he also is called the shepherd.

13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

That is direct testimony of Jesus whom some here think little of but I believe in the testimony of Jesus Christ he said that you get the Holy Spirit from your heavenly Father simply by asking. Is Jesus telling the truth?

26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

How is it that this person was full of the Holy Spirit when Jesus was yet a child.

Marty,

Hi BD:

No, what I shared with you is the truth.  In the OT the prophets were anointed with the Holy Spirit, and if you read about John the Baptist, the scripture states that he was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb.  These all had the Holy Spirit as God  by His Spirit spoke to humanity through them.  But none of these had been born again because the sacrifice for their sins had not yet been offered, but they will raised from the dead when Jesus comes for the church because his blood has washed away their sins.

Listen to what David says in the following scripture and what the Apostle Peter says regarding this:

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:  

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:  

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.  

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:  

Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:  

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.  

Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.  

Act 2:29 Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.  

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;  

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.  

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.  

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,  

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.  

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethre
    n, what shall we do?  

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Jesus talked about being born again while he was yet alive so you are incorrect he did not say you must be born again after I die, did he?

Being born again has to do with repenting of Sin and devoting one's life to God.

Hi BD:

If someone dies prior to being born again, they will die in their sins, and so, yes, Jesus spoke of being born again in this life not after you die.

Being born again, means that one has died unto sin and has been raised again from the dead (spiritual separation from God) by the Holy Spirit of God.

Jesus was the first to be born again from the dead (spiritual separation from God), but his death was literal in that he overcame sin by obeying God even unto death on the cross.
    It was because he did not sin that God declared him not guilty and raised him again from the dead.

We who have been born again in the body of Christ, do not die physically like Jesus did when we are born again.  We have believed that God has provided the sacrifice that washes away our sins and have come to Him with a repentant heart through the provision He has made in His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.  When we are baptized it is symbolic of our union with Jesus in his death burial and resurrection.  We have died unto sin and have been raised to the newness of life by the Holy Spirit of God.

We then overcome sin as members of the body of Christ as we learn to apply the Word of God in our daily lives, but since we make mistakes, without the blood of Jesus to wash away our sins when we make these mistakes, we could not be saved.  

Although we have been born again, our physical body continues to detiorate, depending of how well we take care of it, and we will either die a physical death or we will be alive when Jesus comes for the church.  At time, those who have died a physical death as Christians will be caught up to meet Jesus in the air in a spiritual body.  Those Christians who are alive at the coming of our Lord for the church will be translated to recieve our spiritual body and also be caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

If you stop praying to God and continue to sin will you be saved because you believe in Jesus?

Hi BD:

My walk with God is moment by moment.  I am not practicing sin wilfilly, but I do make mistakes.  When I do, I ask God for forgiveness.  If I should die today, I know that I am saved because the blood of Jesus washes away my sins, and because he lives forever to make intercession for me, I do not fear death or what any man can do to me.

This is what the scriptures states:

Hbr 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,  

Hbr 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  

Hbr 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:  

Hbr 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  

Hbr 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.  

Hbr 10:31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Jews do not claim the blood of Jesus so are they going to hell?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,13:10)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

This is way before Jesus

Marty,

Hi BD:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God h
    ath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.  

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

My walk with God is moment by moment.  I am not practicing sin wilfilly, but I do make mistakes.  When I do, I ask God for forgiveness.  If I should die today, I know that I am saved because the blood of Jesus washes away my sins, and because he lives forever to make intercession for me, I do not fear death or what any man can do to me.

Hbr 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,  

Hbr 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  

Hbr 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:  

Hbr 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  

Hbr 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Have you heard of a Messianic Jew? There are many Jews that were believers in the minstry of Jesus and the Apostle Peter, and there are many today.

And there are some Muslims, who have believed as well.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,12:05)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2009,11:59)
    Hi BD.,
    Yes repentance comes usually before rebirth from above.
    Devotion of ones's life to God is not rebirth though.
    That is one of man's imagined ways

What is rebirth then, nick?

What is baptism, Nick?

Hi BD,
    Try Acts 2.38, 1 Peter3,

Read of those who were reborn from above at Pentecost and continue to follow in Acts the works of the Spirit of God in the chosen vessels.

Nothing has changed except than men have decided their thoughts are above scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You can trumpet your religion if you like but it is of men and following the blind leads to their pit.
    Following Jesus in the power of his Spirit is a safer way

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,13:17)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,13:10)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

This is way before Jesus

Marty,

Hi BD:

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he s
    aith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Have you heard of a Messianic Jew?  There are many Jews that were believers in the minstry of Jesus and the Apostle Peter, and there are many today.

And there are some Muslims, who have believed as well.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That is not the question.

Do you believe that Jews who do not believe that Jesus is the Christ can be saved?

Anonymous

Hello bodhitharta
    Well; at least I know what you stand on! I have much respect for a man who will state what he believes in and take a stand. Your wrong but I have much respect for you.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TechJoe @ June 26 2009,16:08)
    Hello bodhitharta
    Well; at least I know what you stand on! I have much respect for a man who will state what he believes in and take a stand. Your wrong but I have much respect for you.

How am I wrong? Do you even know my position?

p.s. I respect you as well.

Anonymous

Hi bodhitharta,
    It seems to me your position is that the Quran is the word of God. And that Ala is God. And that Islam is the correct religion. If that is not your position please me know what your position is. It’s just not much fun debating some of these guys in here who don’t have a position.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TechJoe @ June 26 2009,17:36)
    Hi bodhitharta,
    It seems to me your position is that the Quran is the word of God. And that Ala is God. And that Islam is the correct religion. If that is not your position please me know what your position is. It’s just not much fun debating some of these guys in here who don’t have a position.

My position is The Quran and The Bible as a whole is the Word of God.

ALLAH is God and arab Christians have always called God ALLAH as thw word literally means “The God” and since there is only One God it is the best description and it is never plural as you see the term “gods” there is no such thing in arabic as “allahs”

My position is that God has given us a progressive revelation and He has always sent Prophets and messengers to teach and warn mankind.

God gave Adam commandments, He gave Noah commandments, He gave Moses commandment….

The Quran testifies of the Bible and clarifies many biblical stories. The bible doesn't mention that Adam repented does it?

Reading the Quran brings the Bible to life more than you can imagine.

Seriously, if you look at the posts on this site there is no cohesive Christian belief at all.

In Islam there are no partners with God(Our Father)
    In Christianity there are theories about God such as some saying there is a trinity and others who disagree some saying that Jesus was God in the flesh and others who say not some believe that Jesus is equal to or greater than God some who believe in baptism and others who don't and so on and on but in Islam those confusions don't exist

Many christians take allegory as fact. Some Christians believe that God Almighty actually sires children and has offspring like a mortal not understanding that God calling someone “son” is a matter of bestowing Honor but people started taking it literally some even declaring to this day that Mary is the Queen of Heaven and the mother of God but the truth is:

(20) Allah hath not chosen any son, nor is there any god along with Him; else would each god have assuredly championed that which he created, and some of them would assuredly have overcome others. Glorified be Allah above all that they allege.
    ( سورة المؤمنون , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #91)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    We are not bound by harsh religious traditions that hope to impress God by their works but are searchers for the full truth.
    Freedom and peace are what Jesus promises and supplies.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2009,20:41)
    Hi BD,
    We are not bound by harsh religious traditions that hope to impress God by their works but are searchers for the full truth.
    Freedom and peace are what Jesus promises and supplies.

You don't wish to impress God? You don't wish to please God?

Do you at least refrain from doing evil?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    To save myself?
    It is impossible to do so.
    However the robe of righteousness of the Son is our garment.
    God loves His Son and will never leave or forsake him and we are blessed to be united with him.
    When God sees us who are joined with Jesus Christ it is not our sin that He sees but the son of God that he loves forever.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2009,20:57)
    Hi BD,
    To save myself?
    It is impossible to do so.
    However the robe of righteousness of the Son is our garment.
    God loves His Son and will never leave or forsake him and we are blessed to be united with him.
    When God sees us who are joined with Jesus Christ it is not our sin that He sees but the son of God that he loves forever.

So must a person refrain from evil or not?

According to you the evil can stay evil since they carry no sin if they accept Jesus as their lord.

According to you a person doesn't even need to pray to God or worship God as long as they accept Jesus as lord, right?

You are basically saying that Jesus is another God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Seek ye first the kingdom and everything else will be added to you.
    Including insight into good and evil and the power to overcome evil.
    Grace and peace came through Jesus Christ in whom is eternal life

Men everywhere strive in ignorance to achieve righteousness and yet filthy rags is their highest hope.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2009,07:54)
    Hi BD,
    Seek ye first the kingdom and everything else will be added to you.
    Including insight into good and evil and the power to overcome evil.
    Grace and peace came through Jesus Christ in whom is eternal life

Men everywhere strive in ignorance to achieve righteousness and yet filthy rags is their highest hope.

Jesus was sent as a mercy to mankind but this was due to the Mercy of God whom you seem to find limited in power.

God saves by whatever means He chooses.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    There is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved.
    The rest is folly.

Participant

Hi BD:

You say:

God saves by whatever means He chooses.

Amen. Yes HE does.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2009,08:19)
    Hi BD,
    There is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved.
    The rest is folly.

So Jesus is greater than God?

Let me ask you Nick and please answer. If God wanted to destroty your soul could Jesus prevent God from doing so?

and if Jesus wanted to destroy your soul could God prevent him from doin so?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account