Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I sure am glad that I don’t have to rely on works to get into Heaven. I am not aware of anyone other than Jesus who was actually able to keep the law.

John 3:3 – 7
    “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again”.
    John 6:32-35
    Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
    For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
    Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
    And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
    John 10:9
    “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture”.
    John 10:27 – 30
    “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    I and my Father are one”.
    Romans 10:9 – 13
    “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TechJoe @ June 24 2009,05:28)
    I sure am glad that I don’t have to rely on works to get into Heaven. I am not aware of anyone other than Jesus who was actually able to keep the law.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
    For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
    And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
    “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture”.
    And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  
    My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

James 2:17-19 (King James Version)

17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Matthew 16:26-28 (New King James Version)
    26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.

Why is it you believe that you will not be punished if you are evil simply because you believe in Jesus.

Revelation 21:7-9 (New King James Version)
    7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[a] and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Believing in Jesus will not save you unless you repent and do right.

(2) But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: “Why, this is what we were fed with before,” for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever).
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #25)

Jesus even said believing in him will not save you if you do not do the will of The Father which is to do what is right.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Will your works be greater than filthy rags?
    Better to be wrapped in the garment of the Son of God.

Anonymous

The fact that I rely on faith not works does not mean that I do not perform works in my faith. My works are sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. As an adopted child of God I lead the unsaved tormented souls I find to Christ. But; God instilled into mankind freewill and you have the right to refuse God and die the spiritual death and spend eternity in the lake of fire.
    “Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
    And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst”.

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,16:07)

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2009,15:59)
    Hi BD:

This is what Jesus said:

Mat 11:9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.  
    Mat 11:10 For this is [he], of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.  
    Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.  
    Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.  
    Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.  
    Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive [it], this is Elias, which was for to come.  

Yes, you say that Jesus is the Christ, but you deny that He is the Son of God and that he was crucified and raised again from the dead.  If Jesus was not resurrected from the dead, there is no resurrection.  There is no remission of sins except for the blood of the “Lamb of God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That is not correct because Jesus spoke of the ressurection as a matter of fact before his coming:

Matthew 22 (King James Version)

31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

(3) Think not of those who are slain in Allah.s way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;  
    (  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #169)

Also Jesus was born of a woman so how can Jesus be greater than John the baptist?

Hi BD:

This is what the Apostle Paul stated:

1Cr 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1Cr 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1Cr 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.

1Cr 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1Cr 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2009,07:03)
    Hi BD,
    Will your works be greater than filthy rags?
    Better to be wrapped in the garment of the Son of God.

Jesus said:

Matthew 5:47-48 (New King James Version)

48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Why did Jesus say that Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Did you think it was possible in your own strength?
    Not by might nor by power by by My Spirit.[Zech]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2009,18:46)
    Hi BD,

Yes, with the Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Jesus is the source of the Spirit for men.
    We have to come to him that the fountain of eternal life can spring up in us[jn7]

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,06:45)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.

The only way that you can have the Holy Spirit dwelling within is to have had your sins washed away by the blood of the lamb of God.

God loves you and has provided the means that you can be reconciled to Him and that is through His Son and His Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TechJoe @ June 24 2009,07:22)
    The fact that I rely on faith not works does not mean that I do not perform works in my faith. My works are sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. As an adopted child of God I lead the unsaved tormented souls I find to Christ. But; God instilled into mankind freewill and you have the right to refuse God and die the spiritual death and spend eternity in the lake of fire.
    “Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
    And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst”.

Techjoe,

You wrote- For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”.

So that proves to you that “Lord” in that sentence is not Jesus for Jesus said:

Matthew 7:20-22 (King James Version)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So is Jesus telling the truth saying that not everyone who calls on him will be saved?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2009,07:12)
    Hi BD,
    We have to come to him that the fountain of eternal life can spring up in us[jn7]

That's not what the scriptures say nick

John 17:2-4 (King James Version)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

This is Islam

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,09:36)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

The only way that you can have the Holy Spirit dwelling within is to have had your sins washed away by the blood of the lamb of God.

God loves you and has provided the means that you can be reconciled to Him and that is through His Son and His Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

What you have said is complete untrue and I will show you and then it is up to you.

Psalm 51:10-12 (King James Version)

10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

This is way before Jesus

Isaiah 63:10-12 (King James Version)

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Notice that in this scripture not only does Moses have The Holy Spirit within him he also is called the shepherd.

Luke 11:12-14 (King James Version)

12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

That is direct testimony of Jesus whom some here think little of but I believe in the testimony of Jesus Christ he said that you get the Holy Spirit from your heavenly Father simply by asking. Is Jesus telling the truth?

Luke 2:26-28 (King James Version)

26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

How is it that this person was full of the Holy Spirit when Jesus was yet a child.

Marty,

The Holy Spirit of God is always here and always willing just ask the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,10:04)

Hi BD,

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

This is Islam

Hi BD,
    Do you KNOW jesus or just know of him?
    More to the point does he know you?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2009,10:50)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,10:04)

Hi BD,

This is Islam

Hi BD,
    Do you KNOW jesus or just know of him?
    More to the point does he know you?

He knows me and I know him but do you know “Our GOD and Father”?

Please answer my latest post topic.

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,10:30)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

What you have said is complete untrue and I will show you and then it is up to you.

This is way before Jesus

11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Notice that in this scripture not only does Moses have The Holy Spirit within him he also is called the shepherd.

13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

That is direct testimony of Jesus whom some here think little of but I believe in the testimony of Jesus Christ he said that you get the Holy Spirit from your heavenly Father simply by asking. Is Jesus telling the truth?

26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

How is it that this person was full of the Holy Spirit when Jesus was yet a child.

Marty,

Hi BD:

No, what I shared with you is the truth. In the OT the prophets were anointed with the Holy Spirit, and if you read about John the Baptist, the scripture states that he was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb. These all had the Holy Spirit as God by His Spirit spoke to humanity through them. But none of these had been born again because the sacrifice for their sins had not yet been offered, but they will raised from the dead when Jesus comes for the church because his blood has washed away their sins.

Listen to what David says in the following scripture and what the Apostle Peter says regarding this:

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Act 2:29 Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,11:16)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

This is way before Jesus

Marty,

Hi BD:

No, what I shared with you is the truth.  In the OT the prophets were anointed with the Holy Spirit, and if you read about John the Baptist, the scripture states that he was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb.  These all had the Holy Spirit as God  by His Spirit spoke to humanity through them.  But none of these had been born again because the sacrifice for their sins had not yet been offered, but they will raised from the dead when Jesus comes for the church because his blood has washed away their sins.

Listen to what David says in the following scripture and what the Apostle Peter says regarding this:

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:  

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:  

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.  

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:  

Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:  

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.  

Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.  

Act 2:29 Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.  

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;  

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.  

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.  

Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,  

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.  

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?  

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Jesus talked about being born again while he was yet alive so you are incorrect he did not say you must be born again after I die, did he?

Being born again has to do with repenting of Sin and devoting one's life to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD.,
    Yes repentance comes usually before rebirth from above.
    Devotion of ones's life to God is not rebirth though.
    That is one of man's imagined ways

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2009,11:59)
    Hi BD.,
    Yes repentance comes usually before rebirth from above.
    Devotion of ones's life to God is not rebirth though.
    That is one of man's imagined ways

What is rebirth then, nick?

What is baptism, Nick?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 25 2009,11:20)

Quote (942767 @ June 25 2009,11:16)

Hi BD,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

This is way before Jesus

Marty,

Hi BD:

No, what I shared with you is the truth.  In the OT the prophets were anointed with the Holy Spirit, and if you read about John the Baptist, the scripture states that he was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb.  These all had the Holy Spirit as God  by His Spirit spoke to humanity through them.  But none of these had been born again because the sacrifice for their sins had not yet been offered, but they will raised from the dead when Jesus comes for the church because his blood has washed away their sins.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Jesus talked about being born again while he was yet alive so you are incorrect he did not say you must be born again after I die, did he?

Being born again has to do with repenting of Sin and devoting one's life to God.

Hi BD:

If someone dies prior to being born again, they will die in their sins, and so, yes, Jesus spoke of being born again in this life not after you die.

Being born again, means that one has died unto sin and has been raised again from the dead (spiritual separation from God) by the Holy Spirit of God.

Jesus was the first to be born again from the dead (spiritual separation from God), but his death was literal in that he overcame sin by obeying God even unto death on the cross.
    It was because he did not sin that God declared him not guilty and raised him again from the dead.

We who have been born again in the body of Christ, do not die physically like Jesus did when we are born again. We have believed that God has provided the sacrifice that washes away our sins and have come to Him with a repentant heart through the provision He has made in His Only Begotten Son and His Christ. When we are baptized it is symbolic of our union with Jesus in his death burial and resurrection. We have died unto sin and have been raised to the newness of life by the Holy Spirit of God.

We then overcome sin as members of the body of Christ as we learn to apply the Word of God in our daily lives, but since we make mistakes, without the blood of Jesus to wash away our sins when we make these mistakes, we could not be saved.

Although we have been born again, our physical body continues to detiorate, depending of how well we take care of it, and we will either die a physical death or we will be alive when Jesus comes for the church. At time, those who have died a physical death as Christians will be caught up to meet Jesus in the air in a spiritual body. Those Christians who are alive at the coming of our Lord for the church will be translated to recieve our spiritual body and also be caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account