Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

Wakeup,
    I used to think that you were just trying to get attention by what you say and so engaged you in conversation and tried to help you. However, now I know that it is bitterness, so I was wrong.

Bitterness will just grow and grow unless you do something about it.

If I said anything to fuel it, then I am sorry. I can only speak for myself.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 16 2013,00:13)
    Wakeup,
    I used to think that you were just trying to get attention by what you say and so engaged you in conversation and tried to help you. However, now I know that it is bitterness, so I was wrong.

Bitterness will just grow and grow unless you do something about it.

If I said anything to fuel it, then I am sorry. I can only speak for myself.

2Besee.

Are you going to anwer my previous post ,or not.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 15 2013,21:41)

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,17:32)
    Ed,
    You quoted 2Cor 5:16-20 to try to say that Jesus was not risen in the flesh, but I showed you that it does nit mean what you think.
    Now you are giving me other verses which agree with what I said?

Ed, the antichrist denies Jesus Christ as “coming” in the flesh. The word for “coming” is apparently used for the time of and between the first and second coming. So, you, Wakeup, Journey, Devolution, Mike, and Terraricca, could all be deniers of the flesh.

2Besee.

And you are denying scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:45   And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam ***was made a quickening spirit***.
    JESUS WAS MADE SPIRIT. **GO ON, DENY IT**.

1 Corinthians 15:46   Howbeit that was not first which is **spiritual**, but that which is *natural*; and **afterward** that which is **spiritual**.
    FIRST FLESH, AND THEN SPIRIT;

NOT FIRST FLESH, AND THEN FLESH AGAIN.
    Flesh and blood can not inherit, nor enter heaven.

wakeup.

2Besee?? Where are you?

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,22:05)
    Hi Ed,
    Okay. So do you believe in the flesh and bone resurrection?

Hi 2Besee,

“Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
     Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see;
     for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.” (Luke 24:38-39)

Ed

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 16 2013,03:05)

Hi Ed,

Hi 2Besee,

Ed

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son  
     (ref. Heb.9:28), and believeth on him, may have everlasting life:
     and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

2besee
    Participant

Wakeup, “where am I? Hiding?” No. I was asleep for about eight hours :D, and now have other commitments so will answer your question as soon as I can.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 16 2013,05:05)

Hi Ed,

Hi 2Besee,

Ed

Hi Ed, Okay, I misunderstood. My apologies.

2besee
    Participant

Wakeup,
    You used 1Cor 15:45 to attempt to prove that Jesus was made into a life giving spirit after death rather than being raised as flesh.

So here is your verse:
    “And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”

Adam became a living soul when God breathed into him the breath of life.
    The second Adam became a life giving spirit when He breathed the words of God through his mouth.
    Want proof?

It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus was raised from the dead in the flesh, wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,17:38)
    Colter,
    I like taking to muslims. I have done it for years. Jesus himself is reaching out to Muslims.

Jesus is a prophet and Messiah in Islam so he would reach out to a Muslim as he would a Christian or any believer.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,21:57)
    Bod,

1 John 2:23-24,
    “No one who denies the SON has the Father. Whoever confesses the SON has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the SON and in the Father.”

There are plenty of other verses about the “Son” (but I only have my mobile, so am limited in what I post).

No matter what is thought of the word “Son”, the Quran says 'God cannot be a Father', and though I see where you are coming from, the fact is –  Jesus showed us how to pray, and as you (inadvertently) pointed out in the scripture, the name of God is “Father”.

“Father” is not in “The 99 names of Allah”, is it?

You still don't get it but look.

1 John 5:1
    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

ALL Muslims believethat Jesus is the Christ so then you figure out why it also say this?

1 John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son

Now as you can see that it is denying Jesus is the Christ that is the problem when someone is anointed they were always “called” sons of God and to deny his messenger was to deny God. Jesus was not the only instance of this.

The Quran simply clarifies that we are all God's creatures and all serve HIM. It is only our spiritual behaviour that puts us at a loss or advantage.

There is a passage where God says

Psalm 2:7
    I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Hebrews 1:5
    For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Do you not see that this is an anointing? When was this day? Howis it God says to an already existing creature “I will be to him a father”? It means he was not already his literal father

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 16 2013,17:47)
    Wakeup,
    You used 1Cor 15:45 to attempt to prove that Jesus was made into a life giving spirit after death rather than being raised as flesh.

So here is your verse:
    “And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”

The second Adam became a life giving spirit when He breathed the words of God through his mouth.
    Want proof?

It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are spirit, and they are life.

[/B]

If I use that same scripture to show you that Jesus was saved by God from crucifixion an death what would you say if the flesh profiteth nothing then the flesh can not be an offering for sin

Spock
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 15 2013,16:55)
    @ Colter

That's the problem with the UB all those volumes and still a vital lack of understanding the scriptures it's like eating at a buffet
    with so much food but none with that much flavor so you just over eat and get sick. Just examine some of the UB and you will
    see it has no flavor it's spoiled food with no life in it. I will demonstrate if you like.

bodhitharta,

God seeking Muslims do have a relationship with the one God even though they don't understand the incarnation of Jesus, that he is your creator, that he resurrected himself in a heavenly form, and that he is now Christ, Lord and God.

If you want to discuss it I would be glad to.

Colter

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ June 16 2013,22:09)

@ Colter

That's the problem with the UB all those volumes and still a vital lack of understanding the scriptures it's like eating at a buffet
    with so much food but none with that much flavor so you just over eat and get sick. Just examine some of the UB and you will
    see it has no flavor it's spoiled food with no life in it. I will demonstrate if you like.

bodhitharta,

God seeking Muslims do have a relationship with the one God even though they don't understand the incarnation of Jesus, that he is your creator, that he resurrected himself in a heavenly form, and that he is now Christ, Lord and God.

Colter

Of course I would love to dscuss it.

Jesus is not our creator nor did he ever say such a thing.

Christ is the one who is anoited by God not by self-anointing.

We can discuss this but what will we use as a standard of agreement?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 16 2013,17:47)
    Wakeup,

So here is your verse:

Want proof?

2BESEE.

What is this?

QUOTE:
    Want proof?UNQUOTE:
    This must be in your new translation.

WHY NOT JUST SAY *RESURRECTED*

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 16 2013,20:24)

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,17:38)
    Colter,
    I like taking to muslims. I have done it for years. Jesus himself is reaching out to Muslims.

Jesus is a prophet and Messiah in Islam so he would reach out to a Muslim as he would a Christian or any believer.

Bod, Yes, Jesus is reaching out to Muslims, in huge way.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 17 2013,11:43)

@ Colter

bodhitharta,

Colter

bodhitharta,

And Jesus never said he was a prophet, he said he was The Son of God, he said not to tell anyone until he left and returned to heaven. To see Jesus was to see the Father.

I'm not sure what standard to use, Muslims cherry pick from the Christian Bibles so that wouldn't work. In Islam they have no issue with Gabriel pre-existing and coming down from heaven, but they can't comprehend Christ Michael, the co-creator, coming down from heaven as an incarnate being.

Muslims don't believe in Jesus the Son as the path to the Father, I believe Islam is an evolved religion so I don't know if we can have a standard.

Colter

2besee
    Participant

Bod,
    Scripture tells us that Jesus is the Son of God, and eternal life is to know him and to know the Father. It is a learning process, with so many problems, and the times are getting hard spiritually as I am certain Muslims would agree. But, there is only one door, and that is Jesus Christ.

2besee
    Participant

Bod,
    The crucifixion has to be true, because look what Jesus said himself:

Matthew 26
    The Lord’s Supper

Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 16 2013,13:51)
    Wakeup, “where am I? Hiding?”  No.  I was asleep for about eight hours :D, and now have other commitments so will answer your question as soon as I can.

2Besee.

I am waiting;—–and still waiting.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ June 17 2013,21:22)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 17 2013,11:43)

@ Colter

bodhitharta,

Colter

bodhitharta,

And Jesus never said he was a prophet, he said he was The Son of God, he said not to tell anyone until he left and returned to heaven. To see Jesus was to see the Father.

I'm not sure what standard to use, Muslims cherry pick from the Christian Bibles so that wouldn't work. In Islam they have no issue with Gabriel pre-existing and coming down from heaven, but they can't comprehend Christ Michael, the co-creator, coming down from heaven as an incarnate being.

Muslims don't believe in Jesus the Son as the path to the Father, I believe Islam is an evolved religion so I don't know if we can have a standard.

Colter

Mark 6

3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 4 But Jesus, said to them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. 5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands on a few sick folk, and healed them

I told you that you don't understand the simple things that are in the Bible. Jesus was a prophet the above proves it and I can show you elsewhere if need be.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account