Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 14 2013,08:35)

Quote (Wakeup @ June 14 2013,01:26)

Quote (2besee @ June 13 2013,23:01)

Quote (2besee @ June 13 2013,18:41)
    Wakeup,

4. A spirit body can materialise at any time;with permission. Jesus materialised in the flesh,to proof to his disciples that he was really Jesus

Jesus showed them his hands and his feet to show them that He was not a spirit, which is the opposite of what you are saying.

See how wakeup will ignore those scriptures?

“See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have”.

Besee.

Its not that I ignore any sripture;but its because you can not see.
    That jesus had to show himself as he *WAS*, to proof to them that he is indeed Jesus crucified.

The translation from spirit to flesh was perfect.
    Truly flesh and bone.
    This is what you can not understand; the purpose of the translation. Flesh can not touch and feel spirit.

wakeup.

So the firstborn from the dead means what to you?  If Jesus was a spirit (according to you)………who became man……then just became spirit again………..WHY IS HE THE FIRSTBORN? Why is he a “new creation”?

Billiant Post!

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 14 2013,11:49)

Quote (Wakeup @ June 13 2013,22:01)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 12 2013,15:02)

Quote (Wakeup @ June 11 2013,21:30)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,14:00)
    Also using buzz words like “revive” and “Materialize” puts you in the same new age boat as colter. Where do you see such language in the scriptures?

Boditharta.

There is a reason for me to use those words; and that is to make it easier to understand.
    Mabe I should have used words like translated; or taken.
    Some can not understand those words.

Angels can translate into flesh;by permission.

wakeup.

Cn you show m this method of translation by permission in the bible?

Boditharta.

1. Melchizedek was the *WORD TRANSLATED* into flesh.
    2. The 3 angels meeting Abraham were*TRANSLATED*
    INTO FLESH. THEY ATE AND DRANK.

3.Jesus was resurrected SPIRIT; and he *TRANLATED* HIMSELF INTO FLESH;HE ATE AND DRANK.
    TO SHOW HIS BROTHERS THAT HE, REALLY WAS JESUS CRUCIFIED.

At his coming jesus will translate himself into flesh;
    for every eye shall see him. Mans eye can not see spirit.

wakeup.

Where are these scriptures of translating?

Jesu told them plainly tha he was not a Spirit so if you say a spirit “translates” it would still be a spirit translating. Jesus say HE IS NOT A SPIRIT when he addresses them. Is Jess telling the truth?

Boditharta.

When Jesus showed himself to his brothers;
    He was indeed flesh;he was telling the truth.
    If he showed himself as spirit;he would say look
    I am spirit. Is this so hard to comprehend?
    Flesh and bone can not enter heaven.
    Can not breath in heaven.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 14 2013,10:23)
    Wakeup,

I have scriptural reason to believe that Lazarus did not die, but only some would understand my scriptural reasoning.

As to your question: Mary and Joseph are never said to have been risen from the dead as Lazarus was. Lazarus was dead for four days.

If you make claims which cannot be verified with scripture, them that is all it is: your claims.

Nowhere does it say that Lazarus went on to die again, in fact, somewhere, it says something suggestive of possibly the opposite.

2Besee.

Patients are revived everyday in hospitals;
    the live their lifes and die again.
    What is your problem?

Lazarus was not resurrected *before* jesus.
    Jesus is first in all things.
    He is the first fruit;the first begotten from the dead.

wakeup.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 14 2013,11:46)

Quote (2besee @ June 13 2013,16:33)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,14:12)

Quote (2besee @ June 11 2013,11:00)

Quote (2besee @ June 09 2013,02:49)
    Bod,
    Moving ahead a bit (sorry, just writing what came to me)

Jesus was Son of God at birth/conception like Adam was the Son of God, because both Adam and Jesus had no Father of the Flesh.

Jesus was again the Son of God at the river Jordan when the Spirit of the Son (The Holy Spirit) descended upon Him; the anointing.

Jesus was the Son of God again when He was risen up from the dead. This is when He changed.

So, Three times Son of God, the rising from the dead sealed the eternal sonship. Because of His perfection was He three times Son of God – before birth, after water baptism, and after death.

If you want the verses to go with that just ask.

Bod,
    Do you agree with this, or disagree?

I agree with his ever increasing rank and empowerment just like you put it the only difference is whether therm son is literal or not. You seem to believe more like me as it is speaking of a degree or rank not actual family like how we have children on earth.

I am saying that someone can be “like” a son but can never be a literal son because God is not a Male or a female but a PURE SPIRIT and therefore God is beyond being a literal Father or having a literal son because HE transcends such physical realities.

Bod, I agree. Take it a step further:

“Flesh gives birth to flesh, and spirit gives birth to spirit”.

How do we define the word “flesh”in the above context?

I believe that it is in regards to anything that is a body which includes human beings, animals, birds, fish, or even planets. This includes the resurrected Jesus. Each has “flesh” (read: body) as according to its kind. Each is limited in it's own way, and each gives birth in its own way to its own kind.

1Cor 15: “God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.”

God is spirit.
    What exactly is spirit?
    And how does  “spirit give birth to spirit”?

If spirit gives birth to spirit then that which is born is spirit and would be called a Son of the original spirit (God).

The spirit of the Son is identified in scripture to be the Holy Spirit.

Do you agree and would this not go against what the Quran says (that God does not have a Son)?

Yes I agree and so does the Quran, the fact i though tht God does not have a son because God CREATED the Holy Spirit of Jesus he didn't procreate like we do needing a mate.

O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, (“Be!” – and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh ) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: “Three (trinity)!” Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

(  سورة النساء  , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #171)

The context was about ghost, a figure of speech:

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

Why would disciples of Jesus take any note of what non believing Muslims think of Jesus? The authors of the Quran were ignorant of the resurrection of Jesus and in an ancient conflict with their Semitic cousins the Jews all of which is the foundation of their evolved religion.

Muslims have no faith nor understanding of the incarnation or resurrection so naturally arguing the point with them is futile.

Colter

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 13 2013,22:46)

Quote (Ed J @ June 13 2013,22:22)
    “Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh:
     yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh,
     yet now henceforth know we him no more.” (2 Cor 5:16)

Ed,
    Context and a better translation please.

Hi 2Besee,

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;
     and hath committed unto us  The Word  of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ,
     as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.” (2Cor.5:19-20)

This is the point the Apostle Paul (Shaool) was making. Christ came back (in spirit form) on “Pentecost.” (see also John 14:23)

Ed

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 14 2013,08:50)
    Read that verse in context Ed.
    Are you telling me that Paul was try to say that no living man around him, including you today  is made of flesh and bone? Do you not have flesh and bone?

Hi 2Besee,

What are you asking? Are you referring to this verse…
    “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.” (Romans 8:9)

This is explained earlier in verse 5…
    “They that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.” (Romans 8:5)

It takes being born of “The Spirit” to be concerned for the things of the spirit. (see John 3:5)

Ed

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 14 2013,13:46)

Bod,

Jesus was Son of God at birth/conception like Adam was the Son of God, because both Adam and Jesus had no Father of the Flesh.

Jesus was again the Son of God at the river Jordan when the Spirit of the Son (The Holy Spirit) descended upon Him; the anointing.

Jesus was the Son of God again when He was risen up from the dead. This is when He changed.

So, Three times Son of God, the rising from the dead sealed the eternal sonship. Because of His perfection was He three times Son of God – before birth, after water baptism, and after death.

Bod,

I agree with his ever increasing rank and empowerment just like you put it the only difference is whether therm son is literal or not. You seem to believe more like me as it is speaking of a degree or rank not actual family like how we have children on earth.

I am saying that someone can be “like” a son but can never be a literal son because God is not a Male or a female but a PURE SPIRIT and therefore God is beyond being a literal Father or having a literal son because HE transcends such physical realities.

I believe that it is in regards to anything that is a body which includes human beings, animals, birds, fish, or even planets. This includes the resurrected Jesus. Each has “flesh” (read: body) as according to its kind. Each is limited in it's own way, and each gives birth in its own way to its own kind.

1Cor 15: “God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.”

God is spirit.
    What exactly is spirit?

If spirit gives birth to spirit then that which is born is spirit and would be called a Son of the original spirit (God).

Do you agree and would this not go against what the Quran says (that God does not have a Son)?

Yes I agree and so does the Quran, the fact i though tht God does not have a son because God CREATED the Holy Spirit of Jesus he didn't procreate like we do needing a mate.

O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, (“Be!” – and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh ) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: “Three (trinity)!” Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

Ha ha nice try Bod – but the Quran denies the son.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 14 2013,00:46)
    Ed,

2Cor 5.

[16] From now on, therefore, we regard no one from a human point of view; even though we once regarded Christ from a human point of view, we regard him thus no longer.

[17] Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come.
    [18] All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
    [19] that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
    [20] So we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We beseech you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Ed,
    It was in regards to this scripture.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2013,07:27)

Quote (2besee @ June 13 2013,22:46)

Quote (Ed J @ June 13 2013,22:22)
    “Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh:
     yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh,
     yet now henceforth know we him no more.” (2 Cor 5:16)

Ed,

Hi 2Besee,

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;
     and hath committed unto us  The Word  of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ,
     as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.” (2Cor.5:19-20)

This is the point the Apostle Paul (Shaool) was making. Christ came back (in spirit form) on “Pentecost.” (see also John 14:23)

Ed

That's what this post addresses.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ June 14 2013,21:29)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 14 2013,11:46)

Bod,

Bod,

God is spirit.
    What exactly is spirit?

The context was about ghost, a figure of speech:

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

Why would disciples of Jesus take any note of what non believing Muslims think of Jesus? The authors of the Quran were ignorant of the resurrection of Jesus and in an ancient conflict with their Semitic cousins the Jews all of which is the foundation of their evolved religion.

Muslims have no faith nor understanding of the incarnation or resurrection so naturally arguing the point with them is futile.

Colter

Wow! Your comment was very ignorant because ALL Muslim believ in Jesus and ALL Muslims believe in the resurrection of the just and unjust for paradise or punishment.

Also, the scriptures do say Jesus was taken up just as they “SAW” him i.e. flesh and bone just as Elijah was also taken up in the flesh.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,13:44)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 14 2013,13:46)

Bod,

Bod,

God is spirit.
    What exactly is spirit?

Ha ha nice try Bod – but the Quran denies the son.

The Quran upholds the facts that Jesus is the Messiah and sonship is an expression.

And they (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: Allah has begotten a son (children or offspring) . Glory be to Him (Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth, and all surrender with obedience (in worship) to Him.

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #116)

Verily! This is the true narrative [about the story of 'Îsa (Jesus)], and La ilaha illallah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the One and the Only True God, Who has neither a wife nor a son). And indeed, Allah is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.

( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #62)

And the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths, resembling the saying of those who disbelieved aforetime. Allah's Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth!

( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #30)

The Point is that Jesus was CREATED God is not CREATED therefore HE has no son nor is there anything like HIM. Jesus told his disciples to pray “Our Father which art in heaven” Is God the father also of the disciples?

If yes, how could it bein a different way than Christ is? Jesus said “Our Father” not my Father only so either it is an expression or there are sons by the tons

bodhitharta
    Participant

@ Colter

That's the problem with the UB all those volumes and still a vital lack of understanding the scriptures it's like eating at a buffet
    with so much food but none with that much flavor so you just over eat and get sick. Just examine some of the UB and you will
    see it has no flavor it's spoiled food with no life in it. I will demonstrate if you like.

2besee
    Participant

Ed,
    You quoted 2Cor 5:16-20 to try to say that Jesus was not risen in the flesh, but I showed you that it does nit mean what you think.
    Now you are giving me other verses which agree with what I said?

Ed, the antichrist denies Jesus Christ as “coming” in the flesh. The word for “coming” is apparently used for the time of and between the first and second coming. So, you, Wakeup, Journey, Devolution, Mike, and Terraricca, could all be deniers of the flesh.

2besee
    Participant

Colter,
    I like taking to muslims. I have done it for years. Jesus himself is reaching out to Muslims.

2besee
    Participant

Hi Bod, will reply to you when I have some more time.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,17:32)
    Ed,
    (1)You quoted 2Cor 5:16-20 to try to say that Jesus was not risen in the flesh, (2)but I showed you that it does nit mean what you think.

Ed, (3)the antichrist denies Jesus Christ as “coming”in the flesh. The word for “coming” is apparently used for the time of and between the first and second coming. So, you, Wakeup, Journey, Devilution Mike, and Terroricca, could be all deniers of the flesh.

Hi 2Besee,

1) No, I haven't.
    2) It means No flesh return.

3) Huh?

Ed

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,17:32)
    Ed,
    You quoted 2Cor 5:16-20 to try to say that Jesus was not risen in the flesh, but I showed you that it does nit mean what you think.

Ed, the antichrist denies Jesus Christ as “coming” in the flesh. The word for “coming” is apparently used for the time of and between the first and second coming. So, you, Wakeup, Journey, Devolution, Mike, and Terraricca, could all be deniers of the flesh.

2Besee.

And you are denying scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam ***was made a quickening spirit***.
    JESUS WAS MADE SPIRIT. **GO ON, DENY IT**.

1 Corinthians 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is **spiritual**, but that which is *natural*; and **afterward** that which is **spiritual**.
    FIRST FLESH, AND THEN SPIRIT;

NOT FIRST FLESH, AND THEN FLESH AGAIN.
    Flesh and blood can not inherit, nor enter heaven.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Bod,

1 John 2:23-24,
    “No one who denies the SON has the Father. Whoever confesses the SON has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the SON and in the Father.”

There are plenty of other verses about the “Son” (but I only have my mobile, so am limited in what I post).

No matter what is thought of the word “Son”, the Quran says 'God cannot be a Father', and though I see where you are coming from, the fact is – Jesus showed us how to pray, and as you (inadvertently) pointed out in the scripture, the name of God is “Father”.

“Father” is not in “The 99 names of Allah”, is it?

2besee
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    Okay. So do you believe in the flesh and bone resurrection?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 15 2013,22:05)
    Hi Ed,
    Okay. So do you believe in the flesh and bone resurrection?

2Besee.

Just avoid answering;hide; this is your trend.

Why are you hiding; who told you that you are naked?
    It is the truth that shows your nakedness.
    Your nakedness is obvious;need to cover yourself with clean garments.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account