Isaiah 28:11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Isaiah 28:11 (English Standard Version)

11For by people of strange lips
    and with a foreign tongue
    the LORD will speak to this people,

How long will the truth be ignored?

banana
    Participant

bod

Until Christ begins to rule, the millennium, he will then teach all people.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

hi bod
    this has already been acomplished at the time of the apostles,you got anything new??

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Dec. 05 2009,15:44)

Hi BD:

The scriptures that you quoted from Isaiah refer to the following:

Act 2:1 ¶ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:5 ¶ And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Act 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 08 2009,12:57)

Hi BD:

The scriptures that you quoted from Isaiah refer to the following:

Act 2:1 ¶ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  

Act 2:2   And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.  

Act 2:3   And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.  

Act 2:4   And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.  

Act 2:5 ¶ And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.  

Act 2:6   Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.  

Act 2:7   And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?  

Act 2:8   And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?  

Act 2:9   Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,  

Act 2:10   Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,  

Act 2:11   Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.  

Act 2:12   And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Isaiah 28 (King James Version)

7But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

8For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI BD,
    THE QURAN IS NOT TRUTH.
    KEEP TO TRUTH WHICH IS BEAUTY.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2009,10:20)

HI BD,
    THE QURAN IS NOT TRUTH.
    KEEP TO TRUTH WHICH IS BEAUTY.

Why don't you pray about it instead of stubbornly guessing all the time

karmarie
    Participant

Hi BD

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little and there a little.”

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people,

16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD: “Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; he that believeth shall not make haste.

29:11 And the vision of all has become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, “Read this, I pray thee”; and he saith, “I cannot, for it is sealed.”

12And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, “Read this, I pray thee”; and he saith, “I am not learned.”

13Therefore the Lord said: “Inasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and with their lips do honor Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men,

14therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder; for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.”

17Is it not yet a very little while and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest?

18And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity and out of darkness.

terraricca
    Participant

hi KM
    17Is it not yet a very little while and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest?

is this not came through wen Paul went to Damas to arest the christians ,after is convertion he preached in this city.???

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

Why is it you ignore the truth?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Dec. 09 2009,11:31)
    Hi BD

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little and there a little.”

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people,

16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD: “Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; he that believeth shall not make haste.

29:11 And the vision of all has become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, “Read this, I pray thee”; and he saith, “I cannot, for it is sealed.”

12And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, “Read this, I pray thee”; and he saith, “I am not learned.”

13Therefore the Lord said: “Inasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and with their lips do honor Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men,

14therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder; for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.”

18And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity and out of darkness.

You are way too Awesome! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Yes the word of God is beauty.
    Yet you prefer the dry offerings of your god?

terraricca
    Participant

hi all
    Pr 8:32 “Now then, my sons, listen to me;
    blessed are those who keep my ways.
    Pr 8:33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
    do not ignore it.
    Pr 8:34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
    watching daily at my doors,
    waiting at my doorway.
    Pr 8:35 For whoever finds me finds life
    and receives favor from the LORD.
    Pr 8:36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
    all who hate me love death

karmarie
    Participant

Hi BD

The cornerstone is Isa al Masih, the book is the Gospel,  

The message was given to the Jews, then to the Gentiles, now to the descendants of Ishmael, each in turn

Ishmael’s name, “God will hear.”

It is a name that came down from heaven,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account