Is the watchtower society wrong?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Kathi1 Question do you really think, since the Father is perfect in any way, that He would create a Void and dark and without form Earth? I do not think so. Like Nick said not all is listed in the Bible.  I believe that too. When the Catholic Monks wrote the Bible down, they only had little pieces of all the Letters. Over the century's IMO things were lost. In general the Bible is true, though.  I found some errors the other day in
    Exodus 33:18-22
    John 5:37
    Please remember, I am your friend, Georg is too.  He sometimes gets sarcastic, But He is a good man.
    When He studies, He spends up to 4 hrs.  He knows a lot of Scriptures by heart, like Nick.  Don't get mad. O.K. We all grow in diffrent stages.
    Peace and Love to you Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 15 2009,11:41)
    Kathi1 Question do you really think, since the Father is perfect in any way, that He would create a Void and dark and without form Earth? I do not think so. Like Nick said not all is listed in the Bible.  I believe that too. When the Catholic Monks wrote the Bible down, they only had little pieces of all the Letters. Over the century's IMO things were lost. In general the Bible is true, though.  I found some errors the other day in
    Exodus 33:18-22
    John 5:37
    Please remember, I am your friend, Georg is too.  He sometimes gets sarcastic, But He is a good man.
    When He studies, He spends up to 4 hrs.  He knows a lot of Scriptures by heart, like Nick.  Don't get mad. O.K. We all grow in diffrent stages.
    Peace and Love to you Irene

Hi Irene,
    Yes Irene I believe that GOD would create a unformed and void earth for the first stage of His creating and then He gave His Son opportunity to be the one to complete it through. I don't believe that things are left out that are supposed to be put in and I don't believe that there are errors in the original. It seems like you and Georg and Nick are coming up with ideas that are contrary to scripture and then are against trinitarians who do the same. I feel sad.

I know you are all good, well meaning truth seekers but what you say is not in the scriptures. I am feeling rather down about this to tell you the truth. Re-create =create, earth = new earth, that is a lie and the evolutionist has compromised you. This is very discouraging and seems hypocritical when at other times you teach that scripture is what we gain truth from and we must be able to defend our beliefs with scripture. Arrrgh!!! I hope we can work through this.

In God alone we put our trust, not in some fossil record or paleontologist/archeologist.

God's blessings to you my friend,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Do you know that satan did not destroy the earth and make it void before Genesis?
    I am speculating but are not not also denying Gen 1 and making Jesus the light there?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 15 2009,14:43)
    Hi LU,
    Do you know that satan did not destroy the earth and make it void before Genesis?
    I am speculating but are not not also denying Gen 1 and making Jesus the light there?

Hi Nick,
    Yes I know that Satan did not destroy the earth and make it void.

I do not understand your reasoning as to why would Light, if it were the Son of GOD, be denying Gen 1? I believe that it fits very well with the John 1 creation account, the Hebrews 1 account, and the Proverbs 8 creation account for instance.

LU

Not3in1
    Participant

Really enjoyed this debate – read the whole thread!

Love to you all,
    Mandy

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ May 16 2009,15:32)

Hi LU,

Hi Nick,

I do not understand your reasoning as to why would Light, if it were the Son of GOD, be denying Gen 1?  I believe that it fits very well with the John 1 creation account, the Hebrews 1 account, and the Proverbs 8 creation account for instance.

LU

Hi Kathi!  Why would you believe that Jesus was created in Gen.1 when God created the World?
    Proverbs 8:22 speaks of how YEshua was with the Father from the beginning, also John 1:1, His beginning, long before they created the world. How long, the Bible does not reveal it.
    Also that Satan was already around, when they recreated the world. If we want to believe that all was made, like it says in John 1:2, by Jesus.  He created the Angels first, before He created the world. They shouted for Joy. It was a beautiful World, but IMO it became void and without form, after Lucifer was thrown down to this earth. God did not sustain this earth by His Holy Spirit, and IMO it became void etc.
    Peace and Love Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Hi Mandy! Good to hear from you. So what do you think of all this? Even tho it is my opinion to me at least it makes sense.
    I have asked myself so many times would God really create a void and dark earth? That is more like what Satan would do.
    Peace and Love Irene
    :) :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 16 2009,19:24)

Quote (Lightenup @ May 16 2009,15:32)

Hi LU,

Hi Nick,

I do not understand your reasoning as to why would Light, if it were the Son of GOD, be denying Gen 1?  I believe that it fits very well with the John 1 creation account, the Hebrews 1 account, and the Proverbs 8 creation account for instance.

LU

Hi Kathi!  Why would you believe that Jesus was created in Gen.1 when God created the World?
    Proverbs 8:22 speaks of how YEshua was with the Father from the beginning, also John 1:1, His beginning, long before they created the world. How long, the Bible does not reveal it.
    Also that Satan was already around, when they recreated the world. If we want to believe that all was made, like it says in John 1:2, by Jesus.  He created the Angels first, before He created the world. They shouted for Joy. It was a beautiful World, but IMO it became void and without form, after Lucifer was thrown down to this earth. God did not sustain this earth by His Holy Spirit, and IMO it became void etc.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,
    Look at this passage in Proverbs 8:

Prov 8:22-23
    22 “The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
    23 “From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.
    NASU

You and I both believe that this is speaking about the Son of GOD, right? The passage speaks of this beginning as during the earliest time of the earth. The Son of GOD was established from the earliest time of the earth, therefore the earth existed in its earliest way before the Son of GOD came forth.

The earliest form of the earth that the Bible speaks of is the formless and void form. We know that “Light” came forth while it was still in that condition by reading Gen 1. IMO

Scripture does not support a “re”creation.

Love,
    Kathi

Cindy
    Participant

Kathi!  My King James version of the Bibles states Proverb 8:22 this way
    verse 22 ” The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
    verse 23 ” I have been established from everlasting.
                 From the beginning before there was ever an earth
    verse 24  When there were no depths, I was brought forth,
                When there were no fountains abounding with water.
    verse 25 ” Before the mountains were settled.
                 Before the hills, I was brought forth;
    etc. It goes on like this for some verses in
    v. 26,27,28,29,
    I like verse 30 ” Then I was beside Him, as a master craftsman;
                        And I was daily His delight…..
    Peace and Love Irene
    P.S. I just looked that Scripture up in the Rye Study version of the King James version. It is the same.
    Even tho the the James Moffat says this
    verse 22 The Eternal formed me first of His creation, before earth began.  In
    verse 24 I was born before there was no abysses.

The New International
    Proverbs 8:22 says the same.

When it says before the earth began, it means before and not at the time of.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Yes, I am aware of different translations. I lean on NASB because it has the reputation of being more literal.
    I think that “the earth began” could mean began as a formed established earth. Remember, it wasn't established until it got its name on day three.

All these different translations and ideas just keep it interesting :)
    Love,
    Kathi

Cindy
    Participant

Kathi!   What do you mean different translation?  The Scriptures I give you mean all the same. They are all saying that the Son of God was brought forth before the World was and not like you say from the earliest times of the earth.  That is what I was replying too. Some of our friends, when we got our Bibles, told us that the King James version of the Bible is the closest to the Hebrew and Greek translation. That is why we like it. We also have a German Bible and a Catholic Bible. I will look both of those up tomorrow.
    Good Morning!
    The Catholic Bible says the same, also, which really surprised me. And the German Bible too says the same. In German of cause.
    I find it very ironic that all the Bibles that I looked up all have the same meaning, except the NASU Quote
    From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.
    NASU
    Since the majority say mean the same, would you not think, that is what is right?  I do.
    Peace and Love Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Kathi

Check out t8s fossil tapes on “Creation and Science”

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 18 2009,19:27)
    Kathi!   What do you mean different translation?  The Scriptures I give you mean all the same. They are all saying that the Son of God was brought forth before the World was and not like you say from the earliest times of the earth.  That is what I was replying too. Some of our friends, when we got our Bibles, told us that the King James version of the Bible is the closest to the Hebrew and Greek translation. That is why we like it. We also have a German Bible and a Catholic Bible. I will look both of those up tomorrow.
    Good Morning!
    The Catholic Bible says the same, also, which really surprised me. And the German Bible too says the same. In German of cause.
    I find it very ironic that all the Bibles that I looked up all have the same meaning, except the NASU Quote
    NASU
    Since the majority say mean the same, would you not think, that is what is right?  I do.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene!
    If you will allow me to stick my nose in here about the King James Bible. Now, I would suppose that those who lived in 1611ad appreciated that particular Bible. Do you think though that the Christ used language, such as, Thee, Thou, Thine, and so on? He spoke Hebrew Aramaic and Greek as far as I know, but in the earliest of manuscripts you will not find him speaking, the way the King James Bible portrays him as speaking. Further more, if you was to download Biblegateway, you will find a variety of translations to research in. Some, are in modern English, which makes them easier to understand.. I myself, have a few King James Bibles around, and I do use them from time to time. Not on a regular basis though. There is also the Blue-Letter – Bible, you can download, which is, itself a fair Bible Translation. Just thought you might appreciate knowing these things. Maybe you do already though. Texas!

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Gen 1:11-12
    11 Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them”; and it was so.
    12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good.
    NASU

Read the above passage and see that the seed was after the kind of plant that contained the seed. The seed is what is referred to being after their kind. GOD made the original out of the earth and gave it ability to reproduce something of the same kind. Simple!

Gen 2:19-20
    19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
    20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.
    NASU

The passage above does not in any sense indicate a “re”creation of the animals. They were formed out of the ground and not named till Adam named them.

In my opinion, when GOD said that He made the animals after their kind, He may be referring to different classes of animals whether it be vertebrates and invertebrates, or mammals and non-mammals, etc. With man, there is just one class of man and so the Bible doesn't speak of making man after his kind.

I looked at t8's fossil video and I know that it is a popular idea that these fossils are dated to have existed millions of years ago. From what I have heard, the basis of dating these fossils is circular reasoning which means to me that a false presumption is given and then extrapolated upon. The fossils are dated according to what layer they are found and the layers are dated according to what fossils that are found in them. I have little knowledge in this area but from what I understand, many scientists don't acknowledge a world wide flood as the Bible speaks of with Noah which would skew one's conclusions regarding the different layers of the earth and the age of it.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Listen to Dr. Carlson talk about the fossil record here:

http://www.worldviewtube.com/video.php/1806/

Kathi

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ May 19 2009,11:47)

Quote (Cindy @ May 18 2009,19:27)
    Good Morning!
    NASU
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene!
    If you will allow me to stick my nose in here about the King James Bible. Now, I would suppose that those who lived in 1611ad appreciated that particular Bible. Do you think though that the Christ used language, such as, Thee, Thou, Thine, and so on? He spoke Hebrew Aramaic and Greek as far as I know, but in the earliest of manuscripts you will not find him speaking, the way the King James Bible portrays him as speaking. Further more, if you was to download Biblegateway, you will find a variety of translations to research in. Some, are in modern English, which makes them easier to understand.. I myself, have a few King James Bibles around, and I do use them from time to time. Not on a regular basis though. There is also the Blue-Letter – Bible, you can download, which is, itself a fair Bible Translation. Just thought you might appreciate knowing these things. Maybe you do already though. Texas!

Texas The New King James Bible does not use Thee, Thou, Thine. It is the Rye Study Bible of the King James Bible does.
    But it does not bother either Georg or I.
    Irene

ArcAngel
    Participant

The King James bible, is the closest direct translations of the original texts and scrolls. The problem with the newer translations, is that they distort the message, and in some translations completly leave out text to attempt to take God and Jesus words out of it. I used to use the New century version, until it was pointed out to me about these discrepencies. So I went back to the King James.

One thing I have to wonder, Is what they kept out of the bible, guess we'll never know unless someone could get access to the catacombs of the vatican. Cant help but wonder if there arent books that were more discriptive writen that never made it into the Bible. And Ive always wondered Why they left out the book of Enoch just because it was written in Aramaic, wasnt it found with the same Dead Sea Scrolls a lot of the Bible was translated from?

Cindy
    Participant

ArcAngel Welcome, so glad that somebody else know about the King James Bible. We do have the NIV but we never use it to study. I really kind of surprised that the Monks put Ephesians 4:6 in it, which proves the trinity wrong.
    Peace and Love Irene

ArcAngel
    Participant

What I like to do with any scripture I look up is go onto Bible gateway online, There you can put in any scripture, And cross reference it with any version of the bible. It is VERY interesting the inconsistencies of the latest versions out there.

Thank you for the welcome hun. I also have my own website that I just got up where we discuss the End times, the Illuminati, The New World Order, The Anti-Christ, and a bunch of other things. Basically We are taking the Prophesies of the Bible, and cross referencing it with current Events. Makes for soe interesting findings.

ARC

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome AA.
    The KJV uses different manuscripts, the commonest and perhaps most recent.
    So comparison with others which choose other and perhaps older ones is useless.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account