Is observing christmas and easter ok?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Hi davoid,
    We all appreciate you specifying what is sinful and what is not for us ignorant ones.
    Is that not what the Pharisees did to the Law too till it lay in ruins?
    We are not here to change the world-that is politics.
    Are you?

If telling people the truth: (Christmas is based on paganism and lies) is “trying to change the world” in your opinion, then you are sadly, wrong once again. NICK, are you trying to change the world every time you tell someone the trinity is false, because apparently, that is politics.

And Nick, in case you are ignorant of this as well: the vast majority of people are ignorant as to what Christmas is, as to it's past. I don't mind helping self-professed ignorant people out, Nick. We all need help sometimes, Nick.

david
    Participant

“There were, within the Church, criticisms of the observance on the grounds of its resembling pagan rites, of its being sun-worship (the Armenians called the Roman Church members idolaters as well, because of the identification of Christmas with the date of the birth of the sun), and, as late as 1644, during the Puritan ascendancy, the English Parliament forbade observance of the festival.”—Funk & Wagnalls Standard Dictionary of Folklore, Mythology, and Legend, Vol. 1, p. 229.
    The Bible raises the questions: “What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?” (2 Cor. 6:14) None whatsoever. And is not the Christmas celebration an endeavor to bring ancient paganism into partnership with Christ?

Eliyah (3d post on this thread):

Oh yea Nick, however, what is the scriptures views against such customs and traditions?

Some else (4th post on this thread):
    Hi eliyah,
    Let me say it for you
    SYNCRETISM.

Pure folly.

Who ever said those last words must be judging those who celebrate Christmas with it's customs and traditions. I wonder what you'd call someone who said these words and then accused someone else of judging others because they celebrate Christmas?

Hypo Crazy.

david
    Participant

Can we worship and honour God by involving ourselves with customs and traditions, which God himself forbade as idolatry?
    Can we convince God to somehow “Christianize” these customs and the whole pretense and lie of Christmas, so we can enjoy ourselves?
    Can we obey through disobedience?

david
    Participant

I was deeply disturbed when I found out how many human sacrifices occur in North America on Oct 31 and how many more occur in Europe on that “just innocent fun” day.

Similarly, I can't help but wonder how some can not be bothered by who originated these customs and who still practice them:

I found the following in a news article dated Nov 20,2006. The news article was on Walmart and how they greet their customers.
    Wiccan High Priestess Selena Fox stated:
    “Yule, the winter solstice, is a festival of peace and a celebration of waxing solar light. I honor the new sun child by burning a[n] oaken yule log in a sacred fire. I honor the great goddess in her many great mother aspects, and the father god as Santa in his old sky god, father time, and holly king forms. I decorate my home with lights and with holly, ivy, mistletoe, evergreens and other herbs sacred to this season. I ring in the new solar year with bells.”–Wiccan High Priestess Selena Fox
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47345

The sun is at its nadir, the year's longest night. We internalize and synthesize the outward-directed activities of the previous summer months. Some covens hold a Festival of Light to commemorate the Goddess as Mother giving birth to the Sun God. Others celebrate the victory of the Lord of Light over the Lord of Darkness as the turning point from which the days will lengthen. The name “Yule” derives from the Norse word for “wheel”, and many of our customs (like those of the Christian holiday) derive from Norse and Celtic Pagan practices (the Yule log, the tree, the custom of Wassailing, et al).
    http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/1614/Celtwicc/Wicca/Wicca04.htm

Do many witches celebrate Christmas (in a secular present-giving way) as well?
    [LR] I should think that almost all of them do. Calls to ban Christmas and not celebrate it have always come from within sections of the Christian community (e.g., the Jehovah’s Witnesses) who, quite rightly, see Christmas as a Pagan festival.
    http://www.witchology.com/contents/interviews/yule_winter_solstice.php

Debra
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,00:04)

Quote (Debra @ Feb.,09:03)
    I don't see it as benificial to my family members coming to God by not sitting at the table with them, so unless The Holy Spirit tells me otherwise, I will continue on that tradition on that date along with my loved ones,

You said it yourself………”I WILL CONTINUE ON THAT TRADITION”

What's the use in finding out the truth then? You'd better leave before you find out too much, because obviously “the traditions of man” mean more to you than why you are actually doing them.

(apparently your “holy spirit” must be on the fritts)

But I'll tell you what…… the History Channel has been working pretty well for many years now, so maybe you can go to them for some answers in your future.

December 25th has NOTHING to do with Christ except for being the day that False Christianity blended Pagan beliefs with true beliefs for the benefit of false religion and all the people that “liked to party” YEAH BABY! We like to party…..we like to party!

(watch the History Channel next Christmas when you're with your family, I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it)

December 25th is either the birth of Nimrod of Babylon the great, or possibly Semiramis's illegitimate son Horus, who she said was Nimrod “reborn”. (The Babylonian's worshiped the SUN).

How convenient that SON and SUN are so similar……Make no mistake about it….. there is absolutely nothing “Christian” about December 25th.

But who cares, right? I mean……it's “tradition”……..

(I'm sure god won't mind a little sun worship mixed in with our “lip service” to him)

Hi Q
    Yes I will continue to sit with my family, and not because the the traditions of man mean more to me. Traditions mean very little to me.
    You say..”what's the use in finding out the truth then”?
    Are you implying you have the truth reguarding this issue, and unless I think the way you do” the Holy Spirit is on the fritts”, isn't that blashpheming?

You have been very sarcastic, and judgemental, in your response, to my post, I'm quite willing to listen to what others views are, but when they are delivered sarcastically, then I have to ask myself…
    Is this the fruit of the Holy Spirit? or is there a bitter root spouting out of the mouth.
    When my family gather we don't watch television, so I won't be taking you up on your suggestion to watch the History channel.
    I am fully aware that the 25th of December has nothing to to with Jesus's birth, and my attitude isn't “who cares” as you assume it is.
    I'm sure God WOULD mind if I mixed up my worship to Him with other god's. This I would not do, I worship only the one True God, and Jesus His Son.
    So please if you choose to respond, do , but leave the attitude out.
    God bless.

david
    Participant

I am fully aware that the 25th of December has nothing to to with Jesus's birth, and my attitude isn't “who cares” as you assume it is.
    I'm sure God WOULD mind if I mixed up my worship to Him with other god's.

Why have you chosen to celebrate Christ's birth on the day of the sun god, when everyone else falsely believes it is Christ's birth?
    Does that not seem to be perpetuating a lie? God wants to be worshiped with spirit and truth, we are told. Jesus was born to bear witness to the truth, we are told.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If one has a private view of these matters based on their church teaching then it is fine to share it so that others may check their consciences and perhaps learn from it but we should not challenge too harshly others of a different background because it is an external behaviour and not a scriptural foundation.

1Peter 2
    ” 11Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

13Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.”

Quote (Debra @ Feb. 11 2007,09:50)

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,00:04)

I don't see it as benificial to my family members coming to God by not sitting at the table with them, so unless The Holy Spirit tells me otherwise, I will continue on that tradition on that date along with my loved ones,

You said it yourself………”I WILL CONTINUE ON THAT TRADITION”

What's the use in finding out the truth then? You'd better leave before you find out too much, because obviously “the traditions of man” mean more to you than why you are actually doing them.

(apparently your “holy spirit” must be on the fritts)

But I'll tell you what…… the History Channel has been working pretty well for many years now, so maybe you can go to them for some answers in your future.

December 25th has NOTHING to do with Christ except for being the day that False Christianity blended Pagan beliefs with true beliefs for the benefit of false religion and all the people that “liked to party” YEAH BABY! We like to party…..we like to party!

(watch the History Channel next Christmas when you're with your family, I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it)

December 25th is either the birth of Nimrod of Babylon the great, or possibly Semiramis's illegitimate son Horus, who she said was Nimrod “reborn”. (The Babylonian's worshiped the SUN).

How convenient that SON and SUN are so similar……Make no mistake about it….. there is absolutely nothing “Christian” about December 25th.

But who cares, right? I mean……it's “tradition”……..

(I'm sure god won't mind a little sun worship mixed in with our “lip service” to him)

Hi Q
    Yes I will continue to sit with my family, and not because the the traditions of man mean more to me. Traditions mean very little to me.
    You say..”what's the use in finding out the truth then”?
    Are you implying you have the truth reguarding this issue, and unless I think the way you do” the Holy Spirit is on the fritts”, isn't that blashpheming?

You have been very sarcastic, and judgemental, in your response, to my post, I'm quite willing to listen to what others views are, but when they are delivered sarcastically, then I have to ask myself…
    Is this the fruit of the Holy Spirit? or is there a bitter root spouting out of the mouth.
    When my family gather we don't watch television, so I won't be taking you up on your suggestion to watch the History channel.
    I'm sure God WOULD mind if I mixed up my worship to Him with other god's. This I would not do, I worship only the one True God, and Jesus His Son.
    So please if you choose to respond, do , but leave the attitude out.
    God bless.

I'm sorry I offended you.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2007,06:10)
    Hi,
    David has judged that to have a joyous reunion with family on 25th December is a heinous crime.

What do others think?

You're a lier Nick…

I eat meals and meet with family too, but I don't allow a tree with lights and stuff all over it with gifts under it to be any where around me. (I do give gifts to my loved ones at other times…..why should I on Christmas Day when I've learned how pagan this practice is.)

If anyone doesn't want to know the truth about Christmas, than they better not look into it, because it has nothing to do with Christ.

Everyone should be asking….Why do we celebrate this “tradition” that makes no real sense anyway?

Think about it…..people go out and throw a tree on their car….bring it in their house and put lights all over it…..and then put gifts all around it………and that's not even getting into the whole Santa and his reindeer stuff that showed up in more recent centuries.

The whole thing is ridiculous!!!! And yet anyone that tries to educate people on the facts gets called a “family” hater….

That's rich Nick…….try and change the focus off the facts….

It's called MIND-CONTROL, and it's a practice that Satan perfected long before any of us. If you want to get out of Babylon…you first must break out of the mind-control that his world has over all of us.

It's wrong for Christians to celebrate this day when they try to mix Jesus birth in with blatant pagan worship. (not to mention there's not even any scriptural grounds for celebrating Jesus birth…..) as well as the fact that December 25th isn't even Jesus birthday, but instead the birth of the Babylonian “sun god”……but I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding and it's no big deal.

Let's just let GOD worry about it. (I wonder what he thinks?)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi qa,
    Thanks.
    But it not a good idea to put coals on your own head.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi qa,
    You really are an O.T.T man and I doubt if the JWs will accept you back.
    You turn simple comments into a promotion of the most vulgar practices of the world.

Quote (Debra @ Feb. 10 2007,09:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2007,08:24)
    Careful debra. You are walking into the line of fire!!

I'ts ok Nick, I've got my Armor on.
    David,
    God knows my heart, your doctrine dosn't.
    Fear is a frozen opportunity to share the Gospel.
    The 25th of December happens to be an opportunity to tell my family and friends the Good New's this time represents.
    If you choose not to celebrate, then don't, you have free will, just as I do. I don't see it as benificial to my family members coming to God by not sitting at the table with them, so unless The Holy Spirit tells me otherwise, I will continue on that tradition on that date along with my loved ones, saved and not saved yet.
    God bless.

I'm just curious Debra…..so during the time you meet with your family that follows these traditions, you then take that time to let them know what it is they are actually doing?

If that's the case, than more power to you. (I would then also like to apologize for my previous message to you)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi qa,
    While you are at it you owe me a few too.
    When is this amazing personality change you have promised going to take effect?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2007,03:19)
    Hi qa,
    You really are an O.T.T man and I doubt if the JWs will accept you back.
    You turn simple comments into a promotion of the most vulgar practices of the world.

I guess my common sense must be irritating to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

ummm.
    No I would not call it that qa.
    What you call others may be closer to the truth at times.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2007,03:23)
    Hi qa,
    While you are at it you owe me a few too.
    When is this amazing personality change you have promised going to take effect?

I have given you a couple……

My guess is my personality change should kick in after a few months, (no promise though), but for the time being I'm still the same old tattooed worldly man that happens to possess a vast amount of information.

I'm trying to not fight with people, (even though I'd really enjoy doing so)….because I got kicked off this site for a few of my first messages on this forum, so I'm now trying to control myself.

(it's kind of like getting disassociated)

You're not exactly a gentleman yourself, I'm sure you and I could handle things differently if we were to have physically met a few months ago in a bar, but here is where we met, and this is the way it is.

I'll start apologising to you when you start apologising to other members that you mock, especially David, he's twice the man of either of us, and you treat him like a peice of crap because he doesn't just roll over to you like everyone else.

I do need to watch my “bluntness”, because it does turn people off……..like Debra, (I actually do feel bad for offending her)

It's a little more difficult to care about offending you, because you don't seem to care if you offend others. (It's kind of that whole “you get what you give” type thing)

If I've ever offended you I'm sorry, but I'm just as stubborn as you, the only difference is I answer my questions directly, you play games………and it upsets many people on this site. (not just me)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi qa,
    Seek the grace of God and he will make all the changes without any help from you transforming your inner man and conforming you to Christ if you are reborn into him.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2007,03:45)
    Hi qa,
    Seek the grace of God and he will make all the changes without any help from you transforming your inner man and conforming you to Christ if you are reborn into him.

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah……become reborn like Nick and everything else won't matter anymore……I understand.

Talk with you later.

NickHassan
    Participant

Great.

Debra
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 12 2007,03:20)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb.,08:24)
    Careful debra. You are walking into the line of fire!!

I'ts ok Nick, I've got my Armor on.
    David,
    God knows my heart, your doctrine dosn't.
    Fear is a frozen opportunity to share the Gospel.
    The 25th of December happens to be an opportunity to tell my family and friends the Good New's this time represents.
    If you choose not to celebrate, then don't, you have free will, just as I do. I don't see it as benificial to my family members coming to God by not sitting at the table with them, so unless The Holy Spirit tells me otherwise, I will continue on that tradition on that date along with my loved ones, saved and not saved yet.
    God bless.

I'm just curious Debra…..so during the time you meet with your family that follows these traditions, you then take that time to let them know what it is they are actually doing?

If that's the case, than more power to you. (I would then also like to apologize for my previous message to you)

Hi Q
    Apology excepted. thank you, and bless you.
    As I said, 4 including myself are Believers,one of my sisters and her husband and 2 adult children and their partners are followers of a Guru, whom I also followed for 17 years, my other sister and her family would say they were Christians because they believe there is a God, my mother and her husband also consider themselves Christian simply because that was the belief they grew up with but they don't have a relationship with Jesus. My father was bought up Greek Orthodox but never knew God, or His Son. My fathers wife is catholic, and religiously attends mass, and my step sister attends a Christian ladies collage, my brother is into Quantam Physics and all that mindy complicated stuff and his partner follows his beliefs. My grandmother when she was alive was a believer and a great influence in my life from childhood. So now you have a history of my familys beliefs. So in answer to your question, Yes, I do point out the truth according to the Bible, that this day has nothing to do with the birth of Christ, and that is it a pagan celebration to a pagan god,and this is the reason I don't buy presents or decorate my house or wish anybody a merry Christmas This dosn't seem to concern those who are pagan, but those who consider themselves Christian do ask questions, not only pertaining to Christmas but to the whole Bible, and it's only on this gathering God is the topic, I am considered amongst them to be differant, and my brother is always trying to find fault with Christianity, but when he was bitten by a tiger snake ( the most venomous) and lay dying in hospital, he asked me to pray for him. When my sister lost her baby to cot death she wanted answers from God, so asked me “why”. They have all heard the Truth, and last year there were no decorations, or signs of Christmas around the table, we didn't give gifts to each other and there was no stress
    financially amongst us. Slowly things are changing in my family.
    Praise God.
    This year, my husband and I hope to be in Switzerland with his family, they are Catholic and I'm expecting it to be full on with all the trimmings of a traditional christmas,and I will do as the Spirit leads.
    God bless.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 549 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account