Is observing christmas and easter ok?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You are not a lot of help.
    You judge but cannot justify it except to say you speak the truth and we are somehow holding up the day as special and we did not even realise we were.
    So perhaps we should only have lunch with one or two family and no pudding? Would that be enough for you?

david
    Participant

1 CORINTHIANS 10:20-22
    “I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God, and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons. Or ‘are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy’? We are not stronger than he is, are we?”
    2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-17
    “Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Béli·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’””

Nick, can you tell me why you think these scriptures are wrong?

Do you see what I just did? I did something you have been doing over and over. Please, tell me why you believe these scriptures are wrong. Go ahead.

david
    Participant

we are somehow holding up the day as special and we did not even realise we were.

So, the day is not “special” to you. It's just another day, no different than any other.
    Is that actually what you are now going to claim you believe?

charity
    Participant

David May I express the hurt that each of us feel over this confusion
    We must not continue to murder each other it is clear we all mourn over a day that has been mutilated by Satan
    None of us approve
    Doctrine is really our Bick and call
    We should all bring charge to our hearts over the mistreatments
    It’s not us abusing this day; we fell morning over wanting so much for the creation to acknowledge Christ, and not the red clothed Man

Can we forgive an understand how Satan is working his ways in us

God bless you
    You are a blessing

Charity

Debra
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2007,08:24)
    Careful debra. You are walking into the line of fire!!

I'ts ok Nick, I've got my Armor on.
    David,
    God knows my heart, your doctrine dosn't.
    Fear is a frozen opportunity to share the Gospel.
    The 25th of December happens to be an opportunity to tell my family and friends the Good New's this time represents.
    If you choose not to celebrate, then don't, you have free will, just as I do. I don't see it as benificial to my family members coming to God by not sitting at the table with them, so unless The Holy Spirit tells me otherwise, I will continue on that tradition on that date along with my loved ones, saved and not saved yet.
    God bless.

Morning Star
    Participant

The christians in the first century celebrated easter. Although, it was called pascha. They celebrated the ressurection of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 10 2007,08:44)

we are somehow holding up the day as special and we did not even realise we were.

So, the day is not “special” to you.  It's just another day, no different than any other.

Hi david,
    You have no idea what 25th December means to me but would judge me anyway? I have told you it is as any other day but because of your beliefs you assume it is special?

Spare us from self righteous men! Externals are so important you think as far as your relationship with God goes that you apply the same standards in judgement to others.

God looks at the heart david as that is where his kingdom is.

david
    Participant

We must not continue to murder each other it is clear we all mourn over a day that has been mutilated by Satan

This day hasn't been mutilated by Satan. It is a day of false gods and false worship. It's the Christians who have tried to change it, by syncretizing it with Christ's birth.

In Nick's words, what “folly” syncretism is.

The christians in the first century celebrated easter. Although, it was called pascha. They celebrated the ressurection of Christ.

They memorilized or remembered his death, as he commanded. They didn't celebrate “easter” (the name of a false god)

Hi david,
    You have no idea what 25th December means to me but would judge me anyway? I have told you it is as any other day but because of your beliefs you assume it is special?

Hi nick. it's just that you flat out have refused to answer questions, although asked repeatedly. Your “fluffy” answers, as Qa calls them makes many dizzy. If someone repeatedly asks someone a very simple question and they avoid it, that has to make one wonder.

david
    Participant

Spare us from self righteous men!

Nick, from now on, every second post in the trinity thread will be directed to you and be these words.

Every time you try to speak the truth, I will take that as self-righteousness. Is that reasonable?

Quote (MrBob @ Nov. 08 2005,05:04)
    Interesting site Eliyah, thanks for the link. It's amazing how much crap is around us, and how much we accept or not notice it.

I celebrated Christmas like everyone else. I also used to believe that Santa was alright to embrace. After awhile though, I realized that the Santa story to children is lying. There's no way around it. The only rebuttal I've heard against this goes along the lines of “C'mon it's Santa.” The last time I checked the scriptures, we were not supposed to be conformed to this world.

I do not believe someone will burn for celebrating it either. The difference is not the holiday itself, but the reasons for celetbrating it. If someone celebrates Christmas because he or she is truly celebrating the birth of Yahweh's son, I can't see how God would get mad at that.

I want to celebrate, but in a different way–as a second passover (Jesus is our passover). I also would like to learn more about the Jewish holidays. I know the ones I've read about aren't required anymore, but are there any profitable holidays for Yahweh?

Why would you want to celebrate his birth anyway?

Nowhere in the bible does it say to celebrate it, and the only men in the bible that did have birthday celebrations were not servants of god, but EGO filled rulers.

John the babtist lost his head as a birthday wish…..and yet we feel the whole world should celebrate the birth of Jesus?

If Jesus would have given in to Satan's tests while he was on earth……than he wouldn't have died a faithful man, and we would probably care less about his birth.

His birth didn't mean jack……..his death as a “faithful” and perfect man is the only thing that affects are lives….all the rest are simple “traditions of men”…..regardless of how well intentioned they are (not to mention Jesus wasn't even born around Christmas time)

A man's birth means nothing, it's how he lives his life, and who he is at his death that matters.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2007,19:27)

So, the day is not “special” to you. It's just another day, no different than any other.

Hi david,

Spare us from self righteous men! Externals are so important you think as far as your relationship with God goes that you apply the same standards in judgement to others.

tell us what the 25th means to you Nick….

According to history it has nothing to do with Christianity…..so I'd be curious as to what your 25 years of studying the bible has made you conclude.

Oh and also….your comment on “self righteous” men is funny comming from someone who thinks everyone should think for themselves (even if they are wrong in their thinking)

You remind me of (2Ti 3:5)

Because as you keep telling your self:
    “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves”

you sound like a broken record that can't get past the “scratch” in your personality.

Yes Jesus saves, but you still are expected to give your love to his father, not just Jesus………

So Tell me Nick…..who is the father of Jesus?(2Co 1:3)

(Mark 10:18) Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God. (His father)

Why do you put Jesus above his father when even Jesus asked people not to?

You definitely have a “form” of godly devotion, but you prove yourself false to it's power.(2Ti 3:5)

Quote (Debra @ Feb. 10 2007,09:03)
    I don't see it as benificial to my family members coming to God by not sitting at the table with them, so unless The Holy Spirit tells me otherwise, I will continue on that tradition on that date along with my loved ones,

You said it yourself………”I WILL CONTINUE ON THAT TRADITION”

What's the use in finding out the truth then? You'd better leave before you find out too much, because obviously “the traditions of man” mean more to you than why you are actually doing them.

(apparently your “holy spirit” must be on the fritts)

But I'll tell you what…… the History Channel has been working pretty well for many years now, so maybe you can go to them for some answers in your future.

December 25th has NOTHING to do with Christ except for being the day that False Christianity blended Pagan beliefs with true beliefs for the benefit of false religion and all the people that “liked to party” YEAH BABY! We like to party…..we like to party!

(watch the History Channel next Christmas when you're with your family, I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it)

December 25th is either the birth of Nimrod of Babylon the great, or possibly Semiramis's illegitimate son Horus, who she said was Nimrod “reborn”. (The Babylonian's worshiped the SUN).

How convenient that SON and SUN are so similar……Make no mistake about it….. there is absolutely nothing “Christian” about December 25th.

But who cares, right? I mean……it's “tradition”……..

(I'm sure god won't mind a little sun worship mixed in with our “lip service” to him)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 10 2007,23:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2007,19:27)

So, the day is not “special” to you.  It's just another day, no different than any other.

Hi david,

Spare us from self righteous men!  Externals are so important you think as far as your relationship with God goes that you apply the same standards in judgement to others.

tell us what the 25th means to you Nick….

According to history it has nothing to do with Christianity…..so I'd be curious as to what your 25 years of studying the bible has made you conclude.

Oh and also….your comment on “self righteous” men is funny comming from someone who thinks everyone should think for themselves (even if they are wrong in their thinking)

You remind me of (2Ti 3:5)  

Because as you keep telling your self:
    “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves” “Jesus Saves”

you sound like a broken record that can't get past the “scratch” in your personality.

Yes Jesus saves, but you still are expected to give your love to his father, not just Jesus………

So Tell me Nick…..who is the father of Jesus?(2Co 1:3)

(Mark 10:18) Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God. (His father)

Why do you put Jesus above his father when even Jesus asked people not to?

You definitely have a “form” of godly devotion, but you prove yourself false to it's power.(2Ti 3:5)

Hi qa,
    It is just after the 24th and just before the 26th.

Because of the traditions of men work is not open that day so we can all have a break and put our feet up with friends and family. We do not engage in sunworship but worship our God that day as any other in our temples

Some will find ways to prove they are special by doing something different that day from any other but to what end?I guess it helps ease insecurity and the fears and worries about the future but is it what God wants?

Are they not just reacting to the world by their actions and actually showing they are a part of it in so doing? Do they prove they are righteous to God and will that increase their chances of making it into “the little flock?”

It is our fruit that is meant to show we belong to him-love , peace, joy, hospitality and kindness to all men-not political actions that are only windowdressing.

david
    Participant

Nick, I know you have the most difficulty with the easy “yes” or “no” questions.
    Unless you are purposely trying to confuse people, why not tell us:

Do you celebrate “Christmas.”?

david
    Participant

90% of people in the world celebrate Christmas. What percentage of the world claims to be Christian?
    People claiming to be Christians make up roughly 33% of all people.
    It started in paganism. It's still pagan. It's celebrated by more pagans and people who don't even believe in Jesus than by people who do.
    It's those who claim to follow Jesus who have therefore apparently decided to celebrate this worldly pagan lie of a holiday with the world. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
    It started with false gods. It is still celebrated by neo pagans today. The customs and the date are the same. It is only the lie that it is Christ's birth that has been added!

Jesus said that his true followers would be “no part of the world.”
    And, they aren't. While they fulfill the command to preach to people in the world, they remain separate from worldly holidays, worldly celebrations, wordly attitudes and characteristics. They are distinct in this.

david
    Participant

This is a weird interesting fact.

At one time, Christmas was outlawed by the puritans. The reason is most interesting:

PUBLICK NOTICE

The Observation of CHRISTMAS having been deemed a Sacrilege, the exchanging of Gifts and Greetings, dressing in Fine Clothing, Feasting, and similar Satanical Practices are hereby

FORBIDDEN

with the Offender liable to a Fine of FIVE SHILLINGS

For example, see:
    http://rmfo-blogs.com/cozart….e-brown

Of course, “exchanging gifts,” or “dressing in Fine clothing” or “feasting” are not “satanical practices. But doing these things on “Christmas” day, that pagan date, as a part of Christmas celebrations (really, pagan ones) is what they had in mind when they called these things “satanical.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 11 2007,05:44)
    Nick, I know you have the most difficulty with the easy “yes” or “no” questions.
    Unless you are purposely trying to confuse people, why not tell us:

Do you celebrate “Christmas.”?

Hi david,
    You are a little slow
    to see
    no.

david
    Participant

Then why do you repeatedly defend something you have chosen not to celebrate?
    Where did you go over the “Christmas break.” You had time off work. Did you go visit family? Of course, there is nothing wrong with such things. But when you do it around an evergreen covered in light (which are both symbols of this ancient pagan worship) then that is different.

Perhaps you are not defending Christmas, but defending peoples right to engage in syncretism, something you earlier termed “folly.”

Or pershaps you argue against me because have family that do celebrate Christmas and deep down, you want to justify such things.

I don't know the reason. I wish I did. I'll go back and try to figure it out. Of course, you could save me some time and explain it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davoid,
    We all appreciate you specifying what is sinful and what is not for us ignorant ones.
    Is that not what the Pharisees did to the Law too till it lay in ruins?
    We are not here to change the world-that is politics.
    Are you?

david
    Participant

I can't help but wonder about all the people who say: I celebrate Christmas MY WAY. I don't do this, or that. I honour Jesus on this day.

I can't help but wonder why they wouldn't honour Jesus everyday, or pick a much closer date to his actual birth, rather than pick the birthday of the sun god, Jesus enemy.

They say they are trying to fight the evil with the good. Yet, God's word doesn't allow this. We are not to mix with falsehood, or paganism. We are to separate ourselves from such things.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 549 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account