Is observing christmas and easter ok?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Why is not alright to believe the lie of the Trinity but it's alright to believe the lie of christmas? ???

Christmas is worldly just ask any atheist. Shouldn't christians be different from atheist who keep the pagan HolI-day. When you know it's a lie and not scriptural WHY keep such a worldly HolI-day? ???

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    How long have we walked together and you yet do not know me well enough?
    I know you as a man of shadows who wafts in and out but I have always enjoyed, but not always not agreed with, your contributions.
    I cannot be bothered with the sideshows and distractions in the alleys we pass.

Nick,

We have walked together a few times, but I can't say that I know or understand you.  You are the person who writes the most on this forum yet says the least.  Aside from a few pet doctrines of yours, I have no idea what you believe.  That's why I ask you such straightforward questions, but as usual, you have not answered even the most simple questions about your beliefs.  Instead, you give me empty poetry – words that can be interpreted in a thousand different ways by a thousand different people.  The problem is that no one knows what you mean by your oft repeated catch phrases.

I'll give you an example:

If Hitler said to me, “My heart's desire is to do God's work,” would those words be enough to demonstrate that he is a true follower of the Almighty?  Or, would it be appropriate to ask him what he means by such a statement?  In his case, “God's work” meant killing jews, which I could hardly agree with.  In your case, “evil” may or may not mean raping someone, or celebrating Christmas, but no one knows for sure because you will not say.  I tend to suspect people who are unwilling to go into any detail about their actual beliefs.  In most cases, they are hiding something.

As I said earlier, you are an amazing guy, Nick.  Someday I might understand you better, but it clearly won't be today.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    My meat is to direct men to the Teacher.
    I am ignorant but I know where truth and wisdom is to be found.
    There is a path of simplicity but it's discipline men despise and they prefer to be scientists.
    Better to leave behind the greeks and their logic and the romans and their control to find the Spirit in Christ.
    The Waters of Life springing up to eternity.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Ah.  So you are here to tell others, “Go ask the Teacher”?  You have nothing else to add here?  Is that what you are now saying?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    I do what I do because I have little else to offer. I am rather a clanging cymbal with very limited fruit useful to the Master so if I can direct folk to him they will find what they need.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Nick,

A man who can not call rape evil has nothing to offer anyone.

Yes, you seem to acknowledge that you have little to offer, but your 11,000+ posts on this forum tell us what you truly believe about what you have to offer.  Not even the creator of this website can come close to the amount of “clanging cymbals” that you have offered!

True humility comes in action, not in mere poetic word.

Clang on, Mr Hassan!  Continue to bang your noisy cymbal as often as you do proudly.

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

HiWIT,
    You say
    “A man who can not call rape evil has nothing to offer anyone.”
    Why would you want anyone to write a litany of sins?
    Why would you bother judging someone who could not see the point?
    Is that not a mote that affects your view?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Is calling rape “evil” the same as “writing out a litany of sins”?  I have only asked you about two activities: rape and Christmas.  If you have a whole list of items in your mind, I did not put them there.

By the way, do you judge Peter for writing out a litany of sins?

1 Peter 4:
    “3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. 4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you.”

Is that not a mote that affects your view?

Forgive me, but I do not know what you are accusing me of here.  Pride?  Moralism? “Judgmentalism”?  Please clarify.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    To help you get past this road block let me say rape is sin.
    Now what were you judging me for ?
    Why bother?

I am an inadequate servant and I am sure you are far better.
    But I am not useless either in what God does through me.

david
    Participant

I have no idea what you believe. That's why I ask you such straightforward questions, but as usual, you have not answered even the most simple questions about your beliefs.

I really don't know why Nick is so evasive and unclear. Maybe he just has trouble expressing himself. Maybe he feels he has to “play it safe,” as one of the moderators of this board.
    I have tried to use the “is rape wrong” reasoning with him before, but I used cigarettes. I did this about 4 times. None of those times he would answer my questions. You can't really nail Nick down on anything. He is kind of … luke warm in that respect. We know what happens to luke warm water? It gets spit out. I often also think it's Nicks way of driving people into insanity in an effort to end the conversation. It's true what WIT says about not knowing the slightest about what Nick believes, despite his 11,000 posts.

I realize that the second post in this thread is Nick saying that Christmas and Easter customs are from the “whore of Babylon.” Yet, this is the amazing part. Knowing where these things come from, he doesn't want to say whether he celebrates Christmas or not. I asked him this several times last year. He didn't answer. So I think he must celebrate Christmas, because if he didn't, he would say so. Nowhere does he really actually defend Christmas. But every time I tell the truth about Christmas, he feels he must speak against me and try to show I am wrong in some way. He says nothing. He diverts. He rephrases. He subject changes. He screems “freedom,” and the conversation dies because of confusion and frustration in trying to get through the wall that is Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Moralism is a distraction from searching for truth.
    We do not need any more side alleys on the journey do we?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    You say
    “True humility comes in action, not in mere poetic word.”

We should be vary careful judging another servant in the area of pride as it is an endemic condition. What we judge others for means we have some thing to boast about ourselves.

Boasting about humility is an oxymoron.

Not only that but it draws the attention of God to us and can initiate testing in the areas of which we boast. Are we greater than our father Job? Do we really want to atttract and have to suffer the testing he endured for this condition?

I think not.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    To help you get past this road block let me say rape is sin.
    Now what were you judging me for ?
    Why bother?

Nick,

It's good to know that you can discern evil from good in at least one matter.  This thread is about discerning whether or not Christmas is evil or good.  All other comments, in this thread, are useless “side alleys”.

Hi WIT,
    You say
    “True humility comes in action, not in mere poetic word.”

We should be vary careful judging another servant in the area of pride as it is an endemic condition. What we judge others for means we have some thing to boast about ourselves.

Boasting about humility is an oxymoron.

Not only that but it draws the attention of God to us and can initiate testing in the areas of which we boast. Are we greater than our father Job? Do we really want to atttract and have to suffer the testing he endured for this condition?

I think not.

Nick, I do not claim humility.  I am as prideful and puffed up as most of the people who come here to “correct” others.  There is only one of us here who has tried to sound small and humble while, at the same time, he is the most prominent person on this forum to “correct” others.  I'll let you guess who that person is.

david
    Participant

Eliyah's opening question:

Is observing christmas and easter ok? What's your views?

Do you hide bunny eggs so your kids can search for them?

Does St.Nick come down your chimney ? Does he leave you and your children gifts in the dead of winter?

Nick's responce:

Hi eliyah,
    Surely you know these are of the whore of Babylon?

Surely, by Nick's own words, knows that the customs associated with Christmas are from Babylon.

Eliyah's responce to Nick:

Oh yea Nick, however, what is the scriptures views against such customs and traditions?

Nick rightfully responds:

Hi eliyah,
    Let me say it for you
    SYNCRETISM.

Pure folly.

Syncretism (or mixing aspects of true religion with false worship) is folly and completely condemned in the Bible. In fact, the scriptures I kept asking Nick about say just that.

So has Nick judged that Christmas (which is definitely the mixing of pagan customs with Christian ideas) is wrong? He says that the customs are from the “whore of Babylon.” He says that syncretism is “pure folly.” But he refuses to actually denounce Christmas.
    What is he protecting? The freedom to choose pure folly and not expose it for what it is?
    This makes no sense to me. Nick, you seem to know certain things, but have trouble putting them together.

If syncretism is pure folly and Christmas is syncretism and it's customs are frome the whore of Babylon, then why is it that when I try to show these things, you always take us down some other path, speaking of freedom or love?

Why?

This is what I don't understand.

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Is it important to you to make pronouncements for others as to what is evil and what is not? Do you not trust the sons of God to be able to discern these things for themselves? We are to call no man father but you would make yourself a father to others?

david
    Participant

Is it important to you to make pronouncements for others as to what is evil and what is not? Do you not trust the sons of God to be able to discern these things for themselves? We are to call no man father but you would make yourself a father to others?

How is your telling others that the trinity is false and from Babylon any different than me telling people that Christmas is essentially a lie and from Babylon?

Please explain.

david
    Participant

Do you not trust the sons of God to be able to discern these things for themselves?

Of course I trust the sons of God to already know these things.

But what does that have to do with what I am saying?

david
    Participant

on the trinity doctrine, in your words, “Do you not trust the sons of God to be able to discern these things for themselves?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Men do need to know WHO GOD IS.
    That is why we preach Christ as the WAY
    Men must be born from above and trinity falsehood is a stumbling block to salvation being an idol.
    Once they are established in Christ then the work of teaching is by the Spirit and according to the Word.
    We walk with people to help them keep on that WAY.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 549 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account