Is observing christmas and easter ok?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You ask
    “Now my question to you Nick Hassen, is: Why don't you think these things apply?”

The spirit teaches.
    God does not want men putting new law burdens on us.
    JWs see all things of the world as evil and refuse obedience even to lawful authority.
    But God gave us the world and it's order and beauty.
    He gave us kings and works through them.

He does not even want us searching through the NT to find new external laws to try and please Him by obedience to external Laws.

He wants us to be reborn from above and have that law written on our hearts to guide us.

Insecure men prefer boundaries and human leaders to follow.

The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God

Where the Spirit is there is freedom.

Freedom needs faith.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Nick,

You are an amazing guy.

Let me ask you this question:

Is rape wrong, (i.e. displeasing to “YHWH”), or is it something that “the Spirit” will lead some to believe is off limits and others to believe is OK?

If you can answer that question, try this one:

Is the celebration of Christmas wrong, (i.e. displeasing to “YHWH), or is it something that “the Spirit” will lead some to believe is off limits and others to believe is OK?

If you can't answer either one of those questions, try this one:

Are there any absolutes when it comes to seeking after YHWH, or is everything relative?

Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Does your Teacher not give you answers to these questions?
    Surely your Father does teach you.
    Then why ask me?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Nick,

Why ask you?

Because I am interested in knowing what your “teacher” has told you.  Let's call it an exercise in “students comparing notes”.  How about it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    The Spirit will not teach beyond what is written.
    What is written is love.

david
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    What is written is love.

What is writtin is “love.” I think I am beginning to understand why a couple people have accused you of being a new ager.

A lot of things are written Nick. HEre are some of them:

1 CORINTHIANS 10:20-22
    “I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God, and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons. Or ‘are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy’? We are not stronger than he is, are we?”

2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-17
    “Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Béli·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’””

Here's something interesting. Trace the celebration back far enough, and guess where you land?

“The answer lies in the pagan origins of Christmas. In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.”
    http://de.essortment.com/christmaspagan_rece.htm

I implore the 2/3 of people who celebrate Christmas who don't even believe in Jesus and the other 1/3 who do to come out of Babylon the Great.

Hi david,
    You ask
    “Now my question to you Nick Hassen, is: Why don't you think these things apply?”

The spirit teaches.
    God does not want men putting new law burdens on us.
    JWs see all things of the world as evil and refuse obedience even to lawful authority.
    He gave us kings and works through them.

You of course, didn't actually answer my question. Whatistrue is amazed at nick. His evasiveness never ceases to amaze me.
    “God does not want men putting new burdens on us,” you say. The one who wrote First and Second Corinthians was a man, but what he wrote was from God. Nick, what do those scriptures say? Have you read them? How can they possibly not apply?

A false statement. And what does it have to do with the questions you keep refusing to answer? Not a thing. Just a diversion.

And I keep quoting his word and you keep ignoring.

He does not even want us searching through the NT to find new external laws to try and please Him by obedience to external Laws.

Who is finding new laws? The things written in the Bible are clear and they are not new. Please read the scriptures I keep posting and comment on them.

Insecure men prefer boundaries and human leaders to follow.

Insecure men prefer their traditions that they grew up with. They don't even know for the most part why they do what they do, why they practice what they do. They are blind.
    As for “human leaders to follow,” I am quoting scripture. You are following your Babylonian forfathers, humans. I am asking you about the word of God. You will never see past your love of these traditions, no matter how clear it is that they are rooted in Babylon, that they come from paganism, that pagans still practice these things, and that the only thing that has changed, is that a lie has been added, that it is Christ's birth.

Come out of Babylon Nick.

david
    Participant

Why is Nick the only one who comments on this? Does not the world celebrate Christmas. Is not everyone overwhelmed by Christmas for a couple winter months? Is it not everywhere and on everyone's mind?

I'm going to say this one more time:
    “It started with false gods. It is still celebrated by neo pagans today. The customs and the date are the same. It is only the lie that it is Christ's birth that has been added!”

Maybe it's that people know they can't really in good conscience defend it. Everyone knows it's wrong. It's just so…fun. Is that it?

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    What is written is love.

Hey Nick,

What does that have to with this:

Why ask you?

Because I am interested in knowing what your “teacher” has told you.  Let's call it an exercise in “students comparing notes”.  How about it?

Or this:

Let me ask you this question:

Is rape wrong, (i.e. displeasing to “YHWH”), or is it something that “the Spirit” will lead some to believe is off limits and others to believe is OK?

If you can answer that question, try this one:

Is the celebration of Christmas wrong, (i.e. displeasing to “YHWH), or is it something that “the Spirit” will lead some to believe is off limits and others to believe is OK?

If you can't answer either one of those questions, try this one:

Are there any absolutes when it comes to seeking after YHWH, or is everything relative?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Do you need all the legal details spelled out?
    Is God still counting your errors or are you in His forgiven family?

Ps 32
    “1Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. “

If you walk in the Spirit the Spirit will guide your steps, each one, and supply the wisdom for each situation you find yourself in.
    God will go before you and come after you making all things work together for good.

Does he want me to write out a law for you, or you for me?
    No that would interfere with the work of the Spirit.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Nick,

So, in other words:

Rape may be wrong for me, but it might be fine for you.  So, you don't want to tell me whether or not it is OK for you, because you don't want me to stumble?

Is God still counting your errors or are you in His forgiven family?

Hebrews 12:
    “7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Nonsense.
    Where have I said evil is good?

Matt 6
    “13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:”

He can and does go ahead of us.

Yes the Father teaches His sons to walk in His paths till they learn to seek His ways.

Isaiah 9:13
    For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the LORD of hosts.
    Luke 12:31
    But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
    Colossians 3:1
    If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
    Hebrews 11:6
    But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him
    1 Corinthians 10:13
    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

God is all.
    All is grace

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Nonsense.
    Where have I said evil is good?

Where have you said that anything was evil?

Are you saying rape is evil?  How about Christmas?

david
    Participant

Apparently, Nick can't or doesn't want to answer my questions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Are you also a moralist who makes law for others?
    Do you want to write us all a litany of sin in order of seriousness?
    Is that not the catholic\pharisee folly of attempting to resolve the sin problem between God and man by establishing another set of laws – boxes we can tick?
    Sin is not the big issue anymore for the saved.
    It exists.
    We fail and need to wash our feet.
    But there is no longer condemnation for them because they are in Christ Jesus.

1Cor 5
    “1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

2And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.”

Jn 16
    ” 7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.”

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Nick,

Interesting.  So calling rape evil is useless “moralism”?  Has your “teacher” told you that rape is good? You seem offended at the prospect of calling it evil.

Are you also a moralist who makes law for others?
    Do you want to write us all a litany of sin in order of seriousness?

I do not make laws.  YHWH calls what is good, “good”, and asks that we seek His ways.

1 John 2:
    “3 Now by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He who says, 'I know him,' and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in him. 6 He who says he abides in him ought himself also to walk just as he walked.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Amen .
    We follow him.
    Why focus on evil?

Phil 4
    “8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.”

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    Amen .
    We follow him.
    Why focus on evil?

Because you teach on this forum and I want to be clear what kind of teacher you are.  Does your “teacher” reveal scriptural truths to you, or does your “teacher” reveal empty poetry?

Do you call rape good?  And, while you are at it, do you call the celebration of Christmas good?

Of course, you need not answer if you have not yet learned these things, but it would call into question your understanding of Truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WIT,
    How long have we walked together and you yet do not know me well enough?
    I know you as a man of shadows who wafts in and out but I have always enjoyed, but not always not agreed with, your contributions.
    I cannot be bothered with the sideshows and distractions in the alleys we pass.

david
    Participant

Interesting. So calling rape evil is useless “moralism”? Has your “teacher” told you that rape is good? You seem offended at the prospect of calling it evil.

The less Nick says, the less he can be wrong.
    I have several times asked him if he could be certain that he would never kill his spiritual brother T8 if he was in another country and went to war with T8's country. HE REFUSED TO ANSWER EACH TIME. To me, it's the simplest question. If you love your brother, will you ever come under a circumstance where you will kill him? Nick can't answer this for some reason. He has great difficulty with the easy questions. Unless the Bible specifically says: “Christmas is wrong,” then Nick doesn't get it. He doesnt' understand that much of the Bible and the Greek scriptures in particular are written in principles (basic fundamental truths) and not specific laws. Bad associations spoil useful habits. You reap what you sow. (1 Corinthians 15:33; Galatians 6:7) Jesus Sermon on the Mount is an example. Its whole tenor is an appeal to principle. (Matthew, chapters 5-7) Yet, Nick will scream “freedom.” He has trouble connecting dots. For Nick, the Bible must specifically say something for it to be good or bad. I wonder how he applies: “bad associations spoil useful habits.” Does he ever look at his friend “harry” and say: “hmmm. Harry likes to overdrink and smoke and swear and rape, etc. But, there's no scripture that says: 'Avoid Harry.'” Nick seems unable to use principles. A person with godly principles would connect the scripture that says: “bad associations spoil useful habits” with the fact that his friend is a bad associate. These scriptures must have no meaning to him. I really don't understand it.

He can't dispute certain facts about Christmas.
    He can't comment on the scriptural principles that apply.

Really, I think he just is way too attached to this tradition and it is linked to his family and grandchildren and he loves them more than God's word and the truth.
    Nick, being a Christian and being separate from the world means making some hard decisions. It's not an easy life. It means being different.
    It is easy to love what is good.
    It's a harder thing to hate what is bad.
    Because Satan makes bad things appear good.

david

david
    Participant

Why does no one want to comment on these scriptures:

1 CORINTHIANS 10:20-22
    “I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God, and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons. Or ‘are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy’? We are not stronger than he is, are we?”

2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-17
    “Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Béli·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’””

Here's something interesting. Trace the celebration back far enough, and guess where you land?

“The answer lies in the pagan origins of Christmas. In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.”
    http://de.essortment.com/christmaspagan_rece.htm

I implore the 2/3 of people who celebrate Christmas who don't even believe in Jesus and the other 1/3 who do to come out of Babylon the Great.

It started with false gods. It is still celebrated by neo pagans today. The customs and the date are the same. It is only the lie that it is Christ's birth that has been added!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 549 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account